Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you have even read some posts here, "dating simulation" wut?
Dude make sense, no one is asking for that

Insulting people here won't get you anywhere no one's forcing you to post here

he just wants attention... sad but what can you do?

I don't think you have even read some posts here, "dating simulation" wut?
Dude make sense, no one is asking for that

Insulting people here won't get you anywhere no one's forcing you to post here

Really... So all those people saying, "I wish I could just have one more sex scene with her!" Or "I wish there was more dialogue about their romance!" are not asking for dating sim? That's exactly what dating sim is. Deny deny deny does not work when all evidence, your own words, point against you.

---------- Updated at 07:33 PM ----------

he just wants attention... sad but what can you do?

I'm just saying that people need to stop being so obsessed. It's not likely that they will, but they could make the next expansions worse because they want to pretend to sleep with a unimportant character.

---------- Updated at 07:35 PM ----------

Really? Didn't know that he was a troll, well that explains it

When you can't argue the points it's always easier to attack the messenger.

If he brought up facts that proved that Triss' content was sufficient enough to conclude her story, I would directly respond to his post...but he hasn't. He did bring up one decent point of discussion and that is that if more work was put towards Triss it would be at the expense of expanding on other characters. I however think that creating a 'middle' to her story arc, romance or not could potentially expand on other characters as well such as Yen, Ciri, the lodge, etc.

This is my experience of the Triss romance beyond Novigrad.

The inconsistency of her romance is the biggest disappointment I've had from the Witcher 3, which is both good and bad I guess.

yep :D that is actually what triss becomes ,. and i swear to god if this is going to be one of the 16 dlcs i will rage ..

but anyway : iits all said

-the interactiion with triss was gone after the light house
-the wasnt there anymore
-there was no romance anymore, not love scenes or at least a kiss
-triss had great scenes in this game but then thrwoing her away just to let her apear in the end where dendolion ( or however you spell his name ) tells the player what happened next
- that '' WELL '' totally pissed me off. EVERYONE had a speech option on skellige EVERYONE !! BUT triss ?!?! yeah great trolling cdp

yep :D that is actually what triss becomes ,. and i swear to god if this is going to be one of the 16 dlcs i will rage ..

-the wasnt there anymore
-triss had great scenes in this game but then thrwoing her away just to let her apear in the end where dendolion ( or however you spell his name ) tells the player what happened next
- that '' WELL '' totally pissed me off. EVERYONE had a speech option on skellige EVERYONE !! BUT triss ?!?! yeah great trolling cdp

There was a kiss! in the final preparations quest, she suddenly ask you to move to Kovir and then you kiss.

In the main thread, we give that as an example to the feeling that something is missing, jumping from "I don't want to go back to this" >> "Sex" >> "Let's move together far far away"

And there's good reason for all of those characters getting more development: They're better characters/they're more important to the overall story. And before anyone tells me that Triss was oh so important in the games I'd like to remind you that her importance is that of a roadblock. She keeps Geralt from fully recovering his memory and finding Yennefer as soon as possible and therefore starting his quest to find Ciri.

But this is also the essence of the problem in this thread. You guys want more Triss content at the expense of other content in the game. Instead of fleshing out different characters, instead of expanding the story in more meaningful ways, you guys wanted more dating simulation. Hell, I've even seen people say that there was too much Ciri, and that it should have been cut for more time with Triss. You guys want Triss DLC at the expense of other story expanding DLC. This is all despite the game having more than enough content for her character.

I mean this is starting to get pretty pathetic and depressing. It's pathetic because most of you are literally campaigning for a dating sim, even if you insist you're not. It's depressing because if it does work, which I highly doubt it will, CD Projekt Red becomes no different than Bioware. It becomes a company that tucks it's tail between it's legs and bows to a few weirdly obsessed fans. It's a company that instead of adding to the story, instead of making something different, decides that for money it will just add what a vocal minority want. That is not how you make art, that is only how you make profit.

Incorrect. As I said earlier, I am invested in the social interaction of ALL characters with Geralt as I am a Witcher fan, not a strident Triss fan. There is no need to add or alter the in-game content as it is in considerable ways, if that is even possible or wanted. I nor others have argued for minimizing the in-game experience that is given, so I am not sure where you are getting that impression. Triss was central to the story as presented by CDPR, so I am not advocating for any course of action--I repeat--CDPR hasn't been pushing themselves through their products. Triss is part of the inner circle as much as Zoltan and Dandiellon are when it comes to influential characters on Geralt's persona. I don't see how that can even be disputed given the outright attention given to her in the previous two games by the devs themselves. They made her motivations more nuanced than simply a "roadblock", but then again that is my opinion and you are entitled to your own. Like most of the central cast (Yen included), her action are not black and white, cut and dry, which is what makes the Witcher universe so great. Arguments can be made for characters on all side, but then again I digress. I have been completely measured in my statements about the Triss content, and I repeat again, that is not simply romance options or strong arming into narrative situation she doesn't belong. What I am calling for in particular is narrative integrity and continuity, which I present to CDPR as a standard that they should strive to and they have done beautifully in Wild Hunt. No complaints here when it comes to that in all regards besides one--Triss was under utilized and I can say the same about social interactions between the central cast. As consumers and players, we have a right to give our criticisms, comments, concerns, and feedback because that is what CDPR wants by giving us the option of writing to them on their forum.

If they can't correct what I and other posters find as an issue, then they can bring the concern into their next project. No one is doing any strong arm tactics to make the devs change the game if that is not the direction they want to go. However, we are entitled as buyers of their product to review what they sell us, and I have posted these comments on narration on their feedback thread as well.

Really... So all those people saying, "I wish I could just have one more sex scene with her!" Or "I wish there was more dialogue about their romance!" are not asking for dating sim? That's exactly what dating sim is. Deny deny deny does not work when all evidence, your own words, point against you.

I'm just saying that people need to stop being so obsessed. It's not likely that they will, but they could make the next expansions worse because they want to pretend to sleep with a unimportant character.

It's all a matter of opinion.

Safe to say most of the people here don't agree with yours.

A vast majority haven't even asked for more sex scenes, and have said that development for character interactions as a whole for romance with not just Triss, but Yen and friendships with Zoltan and Dandelion as a core focus for additional content. You may not see her as an important character but that's the point, you don't. Doesn't make you wrong but it sure as hell doesn't make you right either. For my Geralt who isn't based off the books but my own personal preferences and decisions throughout the series, Triss is fundamental to my story arc. If she isn't for yours, I will not judge you nor belittle you as it is your decision.

Respect the right for people to choose what's important to them, and not some book canon which you so desperately cling to.

I've been reading tons of post on this subject before and after i've been taking part by giving my opinion and just realized this: Basically, this is a Triss fan topic, so of course most here wants to have more interaction with Triss. But, it seems to me that's not really it in the end, it's not that most want more interactions with her but more romance with her ...

I think the game tends towards Geralt having indeed some closure with Triss, and that the real issue is not that Triss does not get as much content as Yennefer, but that the possibility of romancing her should not have been implemented at all. She would have been here in order to allow players to simply turn the page, just as geralt was supposed to and move on (or at least thats how it feels in my playthrough), and the farewells on the pier would have make for a really good ending to their relation in my opinion, leaving Geralt only guessing what she would do now in her life ... And moving on with his own ! I mean, Triss AND Yennefer ? Come on, it's like having a harem of Succubus, you would die in a few minutes out of exhaustion ... ! Ahem ... anyways !

I'll hold my ground and keep to my vote, which is against more Triss. Yet if they do add more of her then it's okay, because she played an important role and i will never tire of having her as a companion for some quests or dialogues. But i do think that they did wrong by allowing players to romance her, because this made players feels like they have been wronged now that they see it was not designed to be the deepest / consistent romance choice ingame.

So, being able to romance Triss was a mistake in my opinion and it raised a polemic about it not having a real impact on the story, which is heavily discussed here. If it was not possible then, people would just need to deal with it ...Aaaaaaaand still they would ask the dev to be able to romance her for the third time ... You red head geeks ... Maybe some brawling with Skelligans will allow red Heads lover to blow off some steam ... hey ? Just like you-know-who says at some point ^^ !

i agree on some points but that not romance option.

see triss was always a part of geralts life, and since she was his girlfirend over 2 years during witcher 1 and 2 and yeneffer wasnt there for him over 6/7 years changed things. i personally liked triss more the yen. even in the books i loved triss more then yen because yen was a bit too dark.
and yeah most of those post here are because triss fans but besides me beeing one of them, i can tell you one thing ;:

she does not get any interaction in the last 50 hours of the game ( or after novigrad at all ! ) every other char even those stupid sorceres of the logde you save has dialgoue options ! triss just sais ' well ' . and thats the point. triss is a part of geralts life and when you romance her there has to be more content ,
like i said before ' a rose of remembrence ' quest or sth like that.
or at least more diallogue. but there was nothing ! not a thing . like they totally forgett to to write stiff for triss becasue yen was so much more important .
tahts what i am upset about .

and sry for horrible gramma and so on.. i on phone iwth german keyboard ...

So TW3 is already a dating sim then? Because the Yen romance has two sex scenes and lots of dialogue
At least try harder, romance is already a part of TW3 (and the books too from what I have heard)

People are only asking for equal treatment thats it
Its clear that you aren't a fan of Triss so that pisses you evidently off ("better characters", "unimportant character" lol)

To make Triss the main romance option in the first 2 games was wrong in my opinion, not because i don't like Triss at all but because she was not the Geralt true love in the books and to continue a story without one of the main protagonists it feels wrong, of course they bring Yennefer in this last game but it was not enough to fix the mistake.After that they really continued with the mistakes by adding to the last game only poor Triss content, common after some people romance with her in 2 games and they don't want to hear about Yennefer at all now they got only a romance scene and maybe 2 or 3 quests with her. It would be fair for Triss fans to get the same content like Yennefer fans, 2 romance scenes like Yen have and everyone would be satisfied. So yea even if i am not a Triss fan i vote for a little more Triss content, this is only my opinion so don't get mad at me hehe.

Totally agree with you.

I guess they tried to influence the players in TW3 switching to Yennefer, the true love. And how did they try that? By giving Yen some opportunities and favor her in some aspects like forcing romance with her without you deciding what to say, the kissing scene at Kaer Morhen and so on.

Aditionally to make sure that this works they gave Triss less attention the more you get into the story itself. At least this point is a speculation because if you favor Triss you can ofc go on with her so they dont really "force" you to go with Yen.

But the problem here is that this doesnt work. We had Triss in TW1 and then in TW2 full romance with the face into her heart like "BOOM" forever Triss no matter what.
After most of the players had the full" romance to the face" action with Triss in TW2 they wont change their mind and switch to Yen in TW3. It simply doesnt work after being with Triss in previous games.

When I was starting TW3 for the first time I thought to myself "mhh.. okay lets see. Who is this magical Yennefer they are talking about since TW1". And then by playing the game and the first meet up in the prologue and later on at the tavern I was like "She simply cant catch up with Triss". Because to me her personality was a bit weak. Because what I saw from her was first of all she didnt search for Geralt but he is her true love. Like wtf? Secondly after ages they found each other with a simple hello and with her being influenced by Emyr. No matter what you say she wont just protect Ciri. She would take her to Emyr. At least that is what I got so far when playing the game. And then I started comparing Yen with TW2 Triss. After that when I finally met Triss in Novi.. well there was no "Yen or Triss.. Yen or Triss..?" I already knew who of them I would take by 100% just because of the personality.

And thats why at least for me.. this "Bring Yen and less Triss" action (if it is true.. we dont know) didnt work for me.

-the wasnt there anymore

Aha, yeah. I took that picture on the Skellige boat before the final event kicks off.

Though, I have to admit when I spoke to Yen at the same time it wasn't much of an improvement.

Y - "Geralt?"

G - "Thanks Yen, See you later."

Thanks for what?

Incorrect. As I said earlier, I am invested in the social interaction of ALL characters with Geralt as I am a Witcher fan, not a strident Triss fan. There is no need to add or alter the in-game content as it is in considerable ways, if that is even possible or wanted. I nor others have argued for minimizing the in-game experience that is given, so I am not sure where you are getting that impression. Triss was central to the story as presented by CDPR, so I am not advocating for any course of action--I repeat--CDPR hasn't been pushing themselves through their products. Triss is part of the inner circle as much as Zoltan and Dandiellon are when it comes to influential characters on Geralt's persona. I don't see how that can even be disputed given the outright attention given to her in the previous two games by the devs themselves. They made her motivations more nuanced than simply a "roadblock", but then again that is my opinion and you are entitled to your own. Like most of the central cast (Yen included), her action are not black and white, cut and dry, which is what makes the Witcher universe so great. Arguments can be made for characters on all side, but then again I digress. I have been completely measured in my statements about the Triss content, and I repeat again, that is not simply romance options or strong arming into narrative situation she doesn't belong. What I am calling for in particular is narrative integrity and continuity, which I present to CDPR as a standard that they should strive to and they have done beautifully in Wild Hunt. No complaints here when it comes to that in all regards besides one--Triss was under utilized and I can say the same about social interactions between the central cast. As consumers and players, we have a right to give our criticisms, comments, concerns, and feedback because that is what CDPR wants by giving us the option of writing to them on their forum.

If they can't correct what I and other posters find as an issue, then they can bring the concern into their next project. No one is doing any strong arm tactics to make the devs change the game if that is not the direction they want to go. However, we are entitled as buyers of their product to review what they sell us, and I have posted these comments on narration on their feedback thread as well.

prezisely . The fact that cdp missed so much stuff in the writing of the worlds story and in continue to write what happens with triss if you chosse her over yen is just inconsequential and should not happen. because thats what the polishing time was for to make every whole and loose end in the story and sub writing disapear. but instead those wholes are still there

---------- Updated at 07:50 PM ----------

Aha, yeah. I took that picture on the Skellige boat before the final event kicks off.

Though, I have to admit when I spoke to Yen at the same time it wasn't much of an improvement.

Y - "Geralt?"

G - "Thanks Yen, See you later."

Thanks for what?

thanks for beeing there for him while tris refuses to talk to him and for the talk about the wild hunt

---------- Updated at 07:53 PM ----------

Totally agree with you.

I guess they tried to influence the players in TW3 switching to Yennefer, the true love. And how did they try that? By giving Yen some opportunities and favor her in some aspects like forcing romance with her without you deciding what to say, the kissing scene at Kaer Morhen and so on.

Aditionally to make sure that this works they gave Triss less attention the more you get into the story itself. At least this point is a speculation because if you favor Triss you can ofc go on with her so they dont really "force" you to go with Yen.

But the problem here is that this doesnt work. We had Triss in TW1 and then in TW2 full romance with the face into her heart like "BOOM" forever Triss no matter what.
After most of the players had the full" romance to the face" action with Triss in TW2 they wont change their mind and switch to Yen in TW3. It simply doesnt work after being with Triss in previous games.

When I was starting TW3 for the first time I thought to myself "mhh.. okay lets see. Who is this magical Yennefer they are talking about since TW1". And then by playing the game and the first meet up in the prologue and later on at the tavern I was like "She simply cant catch up with Triss". Because to me her personality was a bit weak. Because what I saw from her was first of all she didnt search for Geralt but he is her true love. Like wtf? Secondly after ages they found each other with a simple hello and with her being influenced by Emyr. No matter what you say she wont just protect Ciri. She would take her to Emyr. At least that is what I got so far when playing the game. And then I started comparing Yen with TW2 Triss. After that when I finally met Triss in Novi.. well there was no "Yen or Triss.. Yen or Triss..?" I already knew who of them I would take by 100% just because of the personality.

And thats why at least for me.. this "Bring Yen and less Triss" action (if it is true.. we dont know) didnt work for me.

could not have said it better. and even so that would just explain party why the threw triss away. but it would not explain why there are no dialogue options with her anymore and why she would totaly disapear

Who wrote this ? You quoted this so you should know :rly?:

Why would I look through an entire thread to find posts that I already know exist? How about you look back into the thread and find the people who were trying to find the place where the sex scene in the trailer took place. They were bitching about it being cut. But here, there's actually an entire thread specifically about Triss' apparent lack of sex scenes.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/archive/index.php/t-38294.html

So TW3 is already a dating sim then? Because the Yen romance has two sex scenes and lots of dialogue
At least try harder, romance is already a part of TW3 (and the books too from what I have heard)

People are only asking for equal treatment thats it
Its clear that you aren't a fan of Triss so that pisses you evidently off ("better characters", "unimportant character" lol)

I would even say better appropriate treatment. I do not care if there is a sex scene and more or not, I especially want more interactivity and intimate moments with Triss! Better dialogues with Geralt and Triss and better development than has been done after selecting Triss as a romantic advantage in the game...

Otherwise, I wanted to share a thought:

I am currently reading the novels (I started) and arrive at the end of "A Grain of Truth" I imagine the best ending (for me) with Geralt and Triss (something simple):

3 years later, Kovir, Geralt arrives home with Ablette after a contract Witcher accomplished. On the threshold of the house awaits Triss, now long red hair and in her arms a little girl or boy about 1 year ½ . Triss laying on the ground and it runs towards Geralt who takes her in his arms. All this accompanied by a narration by Geralt and Triss (voice off):
Geralt "There's a grain of truth in every fairy tale. Love and blood. They both possess a mighty power. Wizards and learned men have been racking their brains over this for years, but they haven't arrived at anything except that…"
Triss "It has to be true love."

I know, Geralt and Triss are sterile, normally. But in the novel, I feel that Andrzej Sapkowski insists that "true love" is capable of anything and that is the most powerful magic that exists. The above narration, for those who have not read the novel, is something that Geralt said in "A Grain of Truth". ^^

Who wrote this ? You quoted this so you should know :rly?:

My sentiments. To classify everyone who has posted in this thread as narrow-minded shippers is totally immature.

A good deal of us have posed arguments on why it appears that Triss content is lacking in light of in-game lore. Some of us are concerned with the integrity of CDPR porducts, which have been outstanding even in Wild Hunt but could have been better. The Lambert, Geralt, and Eskel moment in KM is a perfect example of what could have been done in the third act to show the intimate involvement between Ciri/Yen/Geralt/Triss. Statements by Yen and Triss' "little sister" comment are inadequate in demonstrating a tangible tight bond between the four of them. Funnily enough, Yen nor Geralt make disparaging remarks about Triss, so this shows some degree of protectionism over her on their parts that should be respected from gamers regardless on who you prefer. The devs clearly didn't want to display Triss as some vile degenerate as they have rarely done with any character throughout the series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom