Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahahaha didn't expect to see the silly picture I made on there. Nice.

"Well?"

From what we actually got, which is your favourite moment with Triss in W3? The party on the Vegelbud estate was a great quest with her and my personal favourite.

Mmm, even if there is not so much as in other scenes, I have a preference for the scene where Geralt and Triss meet for the first time, in Novigrad. The way the two look at while the other guy talk (I forget his name) and how Triss fixed Geralt ... It's, how to say that? Very informative (even for new players) about their relationship. There, we said immediately "Ola, there is something between those two." In comparison, the first meeting between Geralt and Yennefer does not give that feeling (well, for me).

So I have a preference for this scene there. Especially as the other scenes, if we chose Triss, we know that it will be of romance. But I wondered, after I knew Geralt and Triss were separated, How they would react when they meet?

From what we actually got, which is your favourite moment with Triss in W3? The party on the Vegelbud estate was a great quest with her and my personal favourite.

It's hard to pick. I really, really like the party scene. Everything about it was well done. Kissing her under the fireworks? Truly magical. :heart: But I have to give it to the scene at the port. When she left I really thought she was gone. And then Dijkstra telling you to turn around, I just, I don't know. I died. However, after carefully analyzing it, I really like the scene where they first talk and catchup after clearing the warehouse of rats. There's a lot of double meanings and vague statements. All pointing to the fact that Triss isn't truly reconciled, as she puts it. Gives me the feeling that maybe there is hope for them yet. You can tell from that moment on, that it is going to be all uphill for them. :wub:

I don't know.....sometimes I feel like we're asking for too much.

I disagree. I think some of the changes proposed here could give her story the resolution that it so richly deserves and they aren't all that much. A few added dialogues? A tweak here or there? With how much time they spent recording voices (and are still going to be spending creating DLC), I don't think it unreasonable at all. True, I would likely never be truly happy because it does have to end at some point but I should still be satisfied with my choice. The better choice in my opinion. :heart: :p :heart:

Also I like the face she makes before telling Geralt she wants them to move to Kovir, she raises her lip slightly, kind of insecure of what will you say.

A very nice touch. The facial animations add a lot of depth to the scenes. You can really tell that she's nervous as to what your answer is going to be. No reason to be nervous though :p What kind of heartless monster would string her along and then crush her heart right then and there?

Last edited:
Yea, a rather half assed reply. But should Geralt give price any information to Phillipa? I know I wouldn't.

I still really liked that whole sequence. It gave some much needed insight into the relation dynamic. Would've been nice if your buddies (Lambert-Eskel / Zoltan-Dendelion) had similar scenes. It weird when a sorceress you don't even like (as a person) or know that well, can give you more insight into your relation than your friends.

indeed , and there are a lot of dialogues which remain the same no matter who is your romance

I was a bit surprised and disappointed when I first got into the game to find out Triss was nowhere to be found since when I last saw her in the witcher 2 she had vowed to stay by Geralt’s side in his search for Yennefer no matter what happened. So right from the very start I felt they had dropped the ball as far as story was concerned. In my opinion it made perfect sense to have Triss with Geralt and Vessimere right in the beginning and would have meshed perfectly with the story from the Witcher 2 as it seemed important to Triss to help Geralt locate Yennefer.

They should have had a short scene when Yennefer showed up with Triss telling Geralt not to worry etc etc and that she would ride on to Novigrad while he went with Yen to see the emperor. This would have made much more sense story wise to me. Yennefer shows up, Triss knows Geralt needs to sort through some things so she would have stepped back a bit and ridden on to novigrad alone where Geralt would catch up with her later.

The decision to choose either Yennefer or Triss should have come much closer to the end of the game, I’m thinking probably on the boat in skellege right before the main battle with the whole romance thing building up to that point by having Triss and Yennefer together helping Geralt locate Ciri and not just one or the other at different times in the story.

The Triss romance seemed to me like it was tacked on at the last minute, like they made the game with no option where Triss just sailed off to Kovir but then later decided they should give the players the option to choose. Character responses after the lighthouse scene with Triss seem to support this as almost every character talks like Geralt is still with Yennefer and even Geralt himself sometimes acts like he is still with Yennefer during some cut scenes.

The largest indicator that the Triss choice was tacked on after the game was already made is the fact that every single character on the boat before the main battle in skellege has dialogue options except Triss, it pretty much proves that they never intended for her to be there and never had any voice actor dialogue for her in that situation done. They just threw her character on the boat after the fact when they decided to allow players to choose her over Yennefer.

The Kaer Morhen thing was bullshit as well. Triss TOLD Geralt she would go to Kaer Morhen after the lighthouse scene to wait for him, after all she was being pursued by witch hunters and NOPLACE else would have been safe for her to be. Yet when we get there she is not there and Geralt doesn’t seem to give a shit even though he just told her he was in love with her, knows this woman he loves is not safe anyplace else, and she had told him she was going straight there.

Wtf?.... this again proves that they designed the game with no romance choice involved and that Triss was supposed to sail away to Kovir, this is why Geralt doesn’t seem to give a shit that she is not at Kaer Morhen when she should be because in the game they designed before tacking on the Triss romance option Geralt knows she is safe on her way to Kovir.

Instead of writing the Wild hunt story based on their previous games I think CDPR strayed too far into book territory forgetting their own story in the previous games until at the last minute someone over there was like, guys wait a minute Triss is a HUGE main character in OUR story even though she isn’t in the books we can’t release the game like this, hence the tacked on Triss romance option bandaid.

Very disappointing for a series ender as far as Triss is concerned.

Last edited:
someone needs to translate the French article. I would love to freaking read it.

Google Translate, yo. Worked just fine for me.

Yea, a rather half assed reply. But should Geralt give price any information to Phillipa? I know I wouldn't.

I still really liked that whole sequence. It gave some much needed insight into the relation dynamic.

I don't think it gave much insight at all. She stated what we already know to be true - the dynamic between them is unstable. It was a chance for insight, insight that would have come from Geralt not just brushing her off as he did. Sadly, he did just that, and we didn't gain much from that interaction.

I was a bit surprised and disappointed when I first got into the game to find out Triss was nowhere to be found since when I last saw her in the witcher 2 she had vowed to stay by Geralt’s side in his search for Yennefer no matter what happened. So right from the very start I felt they had dropped the ball as far as story was concerned. In my opinion it made perfect sense to have Triss with Geralt and Vessimere right in the beginning and would have meshed perfectly with the story from the Witcher 2 as it seemed important to Triss to help Geralt locate Yennefer.

Yea and not only Triss but Iorveth and Roche also. But i guess they had more important matters to deal with :)

The dock scene.

It is an excellently written and executed part of the game.

More than just romance, the scene fits perfectly into the Now or Never quest.

It develops Triss and Dijkstra's character, and allows the player to define Geralt's.

Dijkstra's comments about Geralt and Triss were the perfect distraction;

A truly unexpected ending, and an example for what CDPR can do with the briefest of moments.

Finally finished TW3.. what an ending.. Was about to cry bcuz of Ciri but then after talking with Emyr.. well I knew something was wrong :D

Actually before everyone dissappears I wished for an ending where everyone is together in a tavern.. talking about their plans what they gonna do now when everything is over :X

And what happened to Avallac'h ?

I really dunno if I will restart the game now when everyone is gone and there is noone left to talk :/ World feels so empty..

Additionally I was wondering what where the sorceress doing while the fight?

We didnt see Phillipa we didnt see Margarita or Triss or Vringilla..

But everything else like the fight against Ereding and the other one.. damn that was awesome !
But I still have the feeling the end happens to fast.

Last edited:
I don't think it gave much insight at all. She stated what we already know to be true - the dynamic between them is unstable. It was a chance for insight, insight that would have come from Geralt not just brushing her off as he did. Sadly, he did just that, and we didn't gain much from that interaction.
I disagree. She talks about things that are mostly hinted at and gives an outsider's perspective on the dynamic as a whole. While I agree it could've been more insightful, I don't think that would've been realistic. If I were Geralt, I wouldn't be very enthusiastic about a heart to heart with Phillipa - I don't trust her AT ALL.
The more insightful comments/conversations should've come from the friends I mentioned in my last post.

I really dunno if I will restart the game now when everyone is gone and there is noone left to talk :/ World feels so empty..

I agree. Once I finished, I walked out of Kaer Morhen, saved and quit. There's just nothing left to be done. Can't go adventuring in an "empty" world. That's why I tried to everything possible before moving on. Once it was all said and done, I had one secondary quest (Gwent: Collect 'Em All) and two treasure hunts (Just random chests and I didn't feel like running off to get those). They said an endgame state isn't really their concern and it is a huge undertaking. You're better off doing everything possible before the final battle.

The dock scene.

It is an excellently written and executed part of the game.

More than just romance, the scene fits perfectly into the Now or Never quest.

It develops Triss and Dijkstra's character, and allows the player to define Geralt's.

Dijkstra's comments about Geralt and Triss were the perfect distraction;

A truly unexpected ending, and an example for what CDPR can do with the briefest of moments.

I agree. Wow. What a scene. The emotions jumping all over the place. :heart: It's just so sad that the height of their relationship is also pretty much the end of it because after that she is more or less gone. :X

They should have had a short scene when Yennefer showed up with Triss telling Geralt not to worry etc etc and that she would ride on to Novigrad while he went with Yen to see the emperor. This would have made much more sense story wise to me. Yennefer shows up, Triss knows Geralt needs to sort through some things so she would have stepped back a bit and ridden on to novigrad alone where Geralt would catch up with her later.

The decision to choose either Yennefer or Triss should have come much closer to the end of the game, I’m thinking probably on the boat in skellege right before the main battle with the whole romance thing building up to that point by having Triss and Yennefer together helping Geralt locate Ciri and not just one or the other at different times in the story.

The Triss romance seemed to me like it was tacked on at the last minute, like they made the game with no option where Triss just sailed off to Kovir but then later decided they should give the players the option to choose. Character responses after the lighthouse scene with Triss seem to support this as almost every character talks like Geralt is still with Yennefer and even Geralt himself sometimes acts like he is still with Yennefer during some cut scenes.

The largest indicator that the Triss choice was tacked on after the game was already made is the fact that every single character on the boat before the main battle in skellege has dialogue options except Triss, it pretty much proves that they never intended for her to be there and never had any voice actor dialogue for her in that situation done. They just threw her character on the boat after the fact when they decided to allow players to choose her over Yennefer.

The Kaer Morhen thing was bullshit as well. Triss TOLD Geralt she would go to Kaer Morhen after the lighthouse scene to wait for him, after all she was being pursued by witch hunters and NOPLACE else would have been safe for her to be. Yet when we get there she is not there and Geralt doesn’t seem to give a shit even though he just told her he was in love with her, knows this woman he loves is not safe anyplace else, and she had told him she was going straight there.

Wtf?.... this again proves that they designed the game with no romance choice involved and that Triss was supposed to sail away to Kovir, this is why Geralt doesn’t seem to give a shit that she is not at Kaer Morhen when she should be because in the game they designed before tacking on the Triss romance option Geralt knows she is safe on her way to Kovir.

Instead of writing the Wild hunt story based on their previous games I think CDPR strayed too far into book territory forgetting their own story in the previous games until at the last minute someone over there was like, guys wait a minute Triss is a HUGE main character in OUR story even though she isn’t in the books we can’t release the game like this, hence the tacked on Triss romance option bandaid.

Very disappointing for a series ender as far as Triss is concerned.

This, all of this, is so true!

I disagree. She talks about things that are mostly hinted at and gives an outsider's perspective on the dynamic as a whole. While I agree it could've been more insightful, I don't think that would've been realistic. If I were Geralt, I wouldn't do a heart to heart with Phillipa - I don't trust her AT ALL.
The more insightful comments/conversations should've come from the friends I mentioned in my last post.

Well like I said, she confirms that everyone else sees what we already know to be true: the dynamic is unstable. If he was never going to share anything with her in the first place then the chance for insight was lost from the beginning. An interesting scene, no doubt about that, and it's nice to hear somebody else talk about it, but I don't think we gain all that much from it.

Agreed to the last point though. I never walked into those Elven ruins expecting a heart to heart about Triss with Phillipa so I wasn't disappointed. The insight should have come from everyone else. Loved ones and close friends/allies that have seen some of the dynamics at play more extensively.

I agree. Once I finished, I walked out of Kaer Morhen, saved and quit. There's just nothing left to be done. Can't go adventuring in an "empty" world. That's why I tried to everything possible before moving on. Once it was all said and done, I had one secondary quest (Gwent: Collect 'Em All) and two treasure hunts (Just random chests and I didn't feel like running off to get those). They said an endgame state isn't really their concern and it is a huge undertaking. You're better off doing everything possible before the final battle.

I agree. Wow. What a scene. The emotions jumping all over the place. :heart: It's just so sad that the height of their relationship is also pretty much the end of it because after that she is more or less gone. :X

I tried. But once I had the Cat armor set I wanted to go for storyline :D

The picture with Triss was okay. But cmoooon I wanted to talk to her! The last one said was "good luck" by her.. I rly needed a kiss and a hug. I mean I killed Eredin! On death march!

Last edited:
I tried. But once I had the Cat armor set I wanted to go for storyline :D

The picture with Triss was okay. But cmoooon I wanted to talk to her! The last one said was "good luck" by her.. I rly needed a kiss and a hug. I mean I killed Eredin! On death march!

Pick Yennefer and you will get it ;)

I think the same! I even rewatched that scene (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXl_z4oTOg ), to be sure it wasn't a biased memory.

But Geralt does seem disapointed by the encounter. It's evident he imagined it very differently. Maybe I'm imagining stuff, but he even seems a bit upset with her coldness.

I think it's more awkwardness, not knowing where they stand with each other. Geralt because his meeting with Yen was so short in Vizima and because he isn't even sure Triss feels the same way about her anymore. Triss because she doesn't know if he's back together with Yen or if he is there for her.

If Geralt had truly moved on, he wouldn't have told the story about the man who was lying to himself, basically calling her a liar when she says she's doing okay. Triss saying that "Sometimes you just have to escape to forget" showing that she is clearly hurting over losing him but she's trying to keep her defenses up. There's a lot, a lot​, to that scene. Very well done.

And like I said, I don't think she's being cold but more trying to keep her distance until she knows where they stand. It sure would suck for her to get her hopes up only to be let down again. I give her a lot of credit for not just caving immediately.

It also showed that there was the potential for something more between them. They weren't truly "reconciled"

Last edited:

After running to every possible location looking for characters, including Triss' old house and all over Kaer Morhen... I settled with doing this quest which I missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXNjKsfvEyM

I love this quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom