Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any project going on from the fans, like the letter or pettition being sent to CDPR regarding Triss content? Or this is a thread that we hope devs will read?

We are currently not working on any of this at the moment but we are in discussion about it. Planning stages of the next phase and whatnot. Don't worry - we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket. :p This thread is still our best tool though - shows how much people care and it is an open space for people to voice their displeasure or possible fixes.

No champagne here. This thread certainly has grown into a monster though. :p In a good way of course.

Ah ah !
Okay well then open the champagne when CD Projekt will make us cuckoo saying "We understood what you want, we're working on a solution, more info soon!"
:lol:

Hi guys. First of all - I am not very active in discussions on the forum but I had to comment here. I really appreciate al the work put into this thread. I share you dissapointment with lack of Triss interaction after the Novigrad as was mentioned it the thread, so I will not repeat all that had already been said. The least i can do is show my support for all your effort. Keep it up guys. Don´t give up of hope and have faith.

Hello and welcome to the club. :p Thanks for the support. From you and from everyone else that has voiced concerns. And we aren't giving up anytime soon - I still have hope that we can affect some real change.

---------- Updated at 09:59 AM ----------

Okay well then open the champagne when CD Projekt will make us cuckoo saying "We understood what you want, we're working on a solution, more info soon!"

Oui, beaucoup champagne alors! :D Not French myself but I took a couple years of it in school. :p Can't remember if this is exactly correct. There could be an article missing in there. :X

Hi guys. First of all - I am not very active in discussions on the forum but I had to comment here. I really appreciate al the work put into this thread. I share you dissapointment with lack of Triss interaction after the Novigrad as was mentioned it the thread, so I will not repeat all that had already been said. The least i can do is show my support for all your effort. Keep it up guys. Don´t give up of hope and have faith.

Welcome! hope you stick around :)

Are we going to hear anything from our favorite developer about our favorite game soon? This thread is getting pretty large and very loud to keep ignoring. Who is the media rep for CDPR?

I believe REDS have other issues to work with now ( bugs and glitches) but when they done i believe they will address forum site complains.

I believe Yen letter in TW3 also called Geralt dear friend. Their relationship changed over time I say. It's reality, the whole true love thing is silly.

It's another nod to the books actually. Once, at the beginning of their relationship, Geralt wrote a letter to Yen and didn't know how to address her so he started with "Dear friend"..which made Yen laugh because he was much more than a friend to her at the time. So she's been mocking him for this every since by also starting her letters with "my dear friend" ;)

Oui, beaucoup champagne alors! :D Not French myself but I took a couple years of it in school. :p Can't remember if this is exactly correct. There could be an article missing in there. :X

Not bad! :ok:
It only lacks "de" : "Oui, beaucoup de champagne alors!" ^^ But it's still totally understandable. ;)

For you, I hope my English is understandable ^^

Otherwise, I saw a lot of people talking about the misunderstanding of Geralt. He often speaks as if he had not decided whether or not it loves Triss, or Yennefer ... while we have already made our choice.

I think that, in Witcher3, Geralt clearly lacks emotions. Even if it shows a lot regarding Ciri, when it comes to talking about Yennefer or Triss, it is much more neutral, more undecided. I would hope that Witcher 3 uses the "human" side of Geralt. Maybe even by breaking him, who is always so confident, so focused, so right.

Not bad! :ok:
It only lacks "de" : "Oui, beaucoup de champagne alors!" ^^ But it's still totally understandable. ;)

Otherwise, I saw a lot of people talking about the misunderstanding of Geralt. He often speaks as if he had not decided whether or not it loves Triss, or Yennefer ... while we have already made our choice.

I think that, in Witcher3, Geralt clearly lacks emotions. Even if it shows a lot regarding Ciri, when it comes to talking about Yennefer or Triss, it is much more neutral, more undecided. I would hope that Witcher 3 uses the "human" side of Geralt. Maybe even by breaking him, who is always so confident, so focused, so right.
Witchers are usually emotionless, it is ok for Geralt to hide his feeling at most time. But he certainly should share something with his old friends, especially when they were drinking.

One more thing : Merci :) (the only one French word I know :p)

Not bad!
It only lacks "de" : "Oui, beaucoup de champagne alors!" ^^ But it's still totally understandable.

Oops. You still got what I meant. :p

It's understandable, even good most of the time. As is what I did there, you only occasionally miss an article or use the wrong tense of a word. But still good. Off topic, I know.

The scene where he found Ciri and thought she had died only for her to come to and hug him back. That was an emotional scene - I think they did a great job. And I think he is simply uncomfortable with admitting to himself exactly how he feels about these women in his life.

It was said a little while back though (and I'm paraphrasing), this is his defining chapter. It could easily be the end of one or all of them and this would be a great time to define, in no uncertain terms, his relationships and what they mean to him. He may not be the most emotional guy, but he sure as hell has them, and if he digs deep enough he could bring them to the surface and tell people exactly what's on his mind. Instead, possibly on purpose, although I suspect it is not the case, he prefers to keep people at arm's length. Even those he considers close to him. The reasoning is unclear, but I don't think it is a defense mechanism, like what Triss exhibits in their reunion scene. It feels more along the lines of he doesn't know how to do it or what to say, almost like he's unsure of how someone would react because he can't place himself in their positions.

He seems to deflect a lot of what is said to him about others by using humor or by acting tough/hostile. I think this is okay most of the time but he has opened up to both Yen and Triss before, he has let them in, and they didn't hurt him. He just should have been able to say more to them. They all have a ton of history and for him to choose one with a simple "I love you" and reject the other with a simple "Sorry, magic's gone" doesn't pay proper respect to the history. Just my interpretation. Like I said I haven't read the books (where I understand there is quite a bit more characterization) and getting a read on what is going on in his head is hard sometimes. Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. Be gentle though. :p

---------- Updated at 10:34 AM ----------

One more thing : Merci (the only one French word I know )

The only word you know? Don't you watch TV? :dry:

Haha, I'm just playing. :)

Is there any project going on from the fans, like the letter or pettition being sent to CDPR regarding Triss content? Or this is just a thread that we hope devs will read?

The devs read it, at least those who scour the forums.

We do and will do more. This thread started because we wanted to be sure we were not alone in noticing these stuff.

As it turns out the vast majority agree with us, and we now consider this our main front.

Last edited:
Oops. You still got what I meant.
Je ne comprends pas français - all you need to know :p.

Is there any project going on from the fans, like the letter or pettition being sent to CDPR regarding Triss content? Or this is just a thread that we hope devs will read?
They have stated they are reading threads like these. Here the quote:
And I am also relaying information. If that will lead to anything...that remains to be seen. Obviously, the more people voice their opinion (in a constructive manner) about this, the more people here will listen.

As for petitions, I think most of us here want to solve this issue by working together with CDPR and not 'force' them to take (premature) action. Petitions also tend to attract pitchfork mobs - which is something we'd very much like to avoid. So this thread is probably the best thing for the time being. The next thing will probably be a community letter.
So just be patient for now. CDPR is probably discussing the issue internally and waiting for (most) people to actually finish the game. CDPR has past given us reason to trust them in the past when it comes to community feedback, so I don't see why we should force the issue for the time being.

Last edited:
Voted...403 now, that's a lot of people.... :)

I bet it could be more, we just need more people to register or even to enter the Witcher 3 Forum and then find this thread under the sub-forum.

If we were in the main page we would have been in the thousands by now.

Yes you are right. In the books he also tries to hide his emotions but his compaions see that he clearly suffers inside and he doesn´t want to share his feels and fears with them most of the time. It is especially noticeable when he is trying to find and save Ciri and Yen. He is prepared to do anything to save them even if it means going through the corpses or sacrificing himself. The same concept we can see in the games. But that is off topic.

The strongest emotion for me was when Geralt said to Triss the he loves her. It was evident that the strong emotions were in effect there. Geralt is not the type of person who would say something like that without a good reason. He knew that if he doesn´t express his feelings now he would loose her forever. And when Triss said that they had there chance and left I felt exatcly the same as Geralt. All the more sweeter was my reaction when Triss came back. It was brilliantly written - hands down. CD Project thank you for that.

Oops. You still got what I meant. :p
The scene where he found Ciri and thought she had died only for her to come to and hug him back. That was an emotional scene - I think they did a great job. And I think he is simply uncomfortable with admitting to himself exactly how he feels about these women in his life.

It was said a little while back though (and I'm paraphrasing), this is his defining chapter. It could easily be the end of one or all of them and this would be a great time to define, in no uncertain terms, his relationships and what they mean to him. He may not be the most emotional guy, but he sure as hell has them, and if he digs deep enough he could bring them to the surface and tell people exactly what's on his mind. Instead, possibly on purpose, although I suspect it is not the case, he prefers to keep people at arm's length. Even those he considers close to him. The reasoning is unclear, but I don't think it is a defense mechanism, like what Triss exhibits in their reunion scene. It feels more along the lines of he doesn't know how to do it or what to say, almost like he's unsure of how someone would react because he can't place himself in their positions.

He seems to deflect a lot of what is said to him about others by using humor or by acting tough/hostile. I think this is okay most of the time but he has opened up to both Yen and Triss before, he has let them in, and they didn't hurt him. He just should have been able to say more to them. They all have a ton of history and for him to choose one with a simple "I love you" and reject the other with a simple "Sorry, magic's gone" doesn't pay proper respect to the history. Just my interpretation. Like I said I haven't read the books (where I understand there is quite a bit more characterization) and getting a read on what is going on in his head is hard sometimes. Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. Be gentle though. :p

Mmm, I agree with you. Especially about "They all have a ton of history and for him to choose one with a simple "I love you" and reject the other with a simple "Sorry, magic's gone" doesn't pay proper respect to the history. " This is one of many part that makes you to feel that something is missing in my opinion.

But what I meant in my previous post, is that it lacks a scene where Geralt collapses, (after the death of Vesemir). We can already see Geralt helpless when he believes that Ciri died but the death of Vesemir could have completed this scene. Geralt perhaps human, Witcher, a "hero" for some people, but according to our choice, there would be a scene where Triss or Yennefer come talk to him. it would among Geralt and Triss to get closer, it would have been the only one to see him in this state, for the first time.
I remind you that Geralt is very old and has seen incredible horrors throughout his life. It has close to death several times, see people who were friends die, the horror of several war ... Anybody would already fall from "exhaustion" at least once. There remains unmoved, once more. He even talks to everyone and thanked them ... To me, they have not played enough on his human side and for me, The Witcher 3 was the best time for that!

I bet it could be more, we just need more people to register or even to enter the Witcher 3 Forum and then find this thread under the sub-forum.

If we were in the main page we would have been in the thousands by now.
Maybe we should make poll on strawpool ? There you don't need to register . You just fast vote .

I agree with what's been said about the triss/geralt romance being well done until after the lighthouse scene where she leaves and never seems to acknowledge him as being her lover again...kinda disappointing. Leaves me wondering if I need to reload and start over but apparently everyone else is having the same issues. I'm not really familiar with all of the witcher series, and I just jumped on board for witcher 3 so don't hound me too much but I chose triss over yen due to the fact that she seems to care an awful lot more for geralt than yen. She kept a rose that geralt gave her, she's always been there for him and doesn't treat him like garbage like yen has in the first part of game. But in choosing triss, I don't feel the choice has been recognized by anyone else. Ya, yen is pissed but what's new. And I was upset when the scene at kaer morden when I finally unite Ciri, yen gives me a kiss and right at that exact moment triss comes in to see it and gives a bad facial expression...wtf, I hadn't been nice to yen the whole game and gonna get burned now? Lol, anyways, I feel there is no way to justify for that, you can't interact with triss even though you can talk to all the other characters. At this point I have no clue what to think of their relationship because you just don't get any signs. No hug, no winks, no smile...come on! The game is very well put together aside from the triss romance.

Witchers are usually emotionless, it is ok for Geralt to hide his feeling at most time. But he certainly should share something with his old friends, especially when they were drinking.

One more thing : Merci :) (the only one French word I know :p)

Yeah i'm probably like a broken record in terms of my disappointment with the lack of those moments where his guard slips down with friends.
There's no crafting of such a moment with Ciri on Bald Mountain, despite it seeming perfect for her to probe regarding the domestic tensions she should be noticing. You'd think Dandelion or Zoltan might pick up on it and quiz Geralt too.
Even worse where there is the drinking scene at Kaer Morhen, on Yen path has option for Geralt to defend Yen and finishes with Lambert toasting 'To Yen and Geralt, happily ever after." whilst on the opposing Triss path Geralt auto shuts down when it comes to relationship situation and refuses & doesn't mention Triss.

Maybe we should make poll on strawpool ? There you don't need to register . You just fast vote .

strawpoll wont work, you can vote as many times as you want even if you toggle the option to multivotes "off" you just need to wipe your browser history and you can vote again

Great thinking, should have added it when we started this thread.

Thou it's more about people finding the poll and not only because the need to register

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom