Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rushed through Triss' quests in Novigrad. As soon as I saw her I was all over that.... This is my second play through and just did the rat scene... Going to take it much, much slower this time! Hoping I can get more meaning out of the conversations since I know what's going to happen... The whole Rose of Remembrance talk though... Oh the feels....

Actually, I meant for her to have more or less the same role as Yen does, talking and stuff before the drinking starts. And then they both leave.

Yeah I know what you meant. But I dont think that Triss would leave that party since she was like drunk at the Vegelbud mansion lol.

Maybe if there is a lot of tension between Triss and Yen.. well then I guess both will leave or enrage. Good option for Geralt and the others to give them both some drinks to calm down :D

Yeah I know what you meant. But I dont think that Triss would leave that party since she was like drunk at the Vegelbud mansion lol.

Maybe if there is a lot of tension between Triss and Yen.. well then I guess both will leave or enrage. Good option for Geralt and the others to give them both some drinks to calm down :D

Yeah it would be great. I'm just trying to keep it as realistic and practical as I can. - So CDPR won't say we are asking for too much!

Last edited:
Yeah it would be great. I'm just trying to keep it as realistic and practical as I can. - So CDPR won't say we ask for too much!

Yeah and thats a good attitude of course. Just started to imagine how it would be :p

There are a lot of possible parts in the game to add more content for Triss. But I dont know if (as already said a couple of times) they change the main game and bring in some more content for her.

Actually I would love to see that. Rather prefer additional content in the main game than a romance DLC which will most likely take place between some important parts of the story.. If it will be a DLC... well I would vote for a Kovir trip after the last battle.

Yeah it would be great. I'm just trying to keep it as realistic and practical as I can. - So CDPR won't say we ask for too much!

Good call, especially considering that it's not only programming/engine afford we are talking about, we also have to think of stuff like voice acting...

Good call, especially considering that it's not only programming/engine afford we are talking about, we also have to think of stuff like voice acting...
The voice acting is especially tricky seeing how many languages TW3 has available, but who knows, maybe they have some unused dialog they already recorded.

More dialogues or conversation is always connected with voice acting in TW3.

Which means that if you add more Triss content it will automatically require more voice acting. And if the voice actors of Triss in every language will do that for a "not to expensive" amount of money.. well than I guess it doesnt matter that much how great the size of the new content will be since they will pay for each hour I guess (speculations).

Posters have been touching on this already, but I think it would have been best to have Triss present and interactive in main story quests that were appropriate for her character. The KM sequences would have been a perfect place to have her communicate with the main cast both during the Uma quests and the Brothers in Arms quest. Here, she could have had better personal development and romance content could have been further injected. This is also true for the third act, where the family theme was most strongly highlighted. Here her close ties to Geralt, Ciri, and Yen could have gotten better attention, especially giving emotional depth for why she is fighting so hard with them. This kind of development could have worked whether you romanced her or not. Overall, I think KM and the final act segments are the best places where Triss content can be upgraded, if CDPR decides to do major work for Triss material.

Again, like other posters and I have said, we have to remain realistic and suspend high hopes for significant changes because we don't know what CDPR is materially capable of at this point. Or even less what they plan to do.

Last edited:
More dialogues or conversation is always connected with voice acting in TW3.

Which means that if you add more Triss content it will automatically require more voice acting. And if the voice actors of Triss in every language will do that for a "not to expensive" amount of money.. well than I guess it doesnt matter that much how great the size of the new content will be since they will pay for each hour I guess (speculations).

Yeah, it's definitely easier for them to create expansions with new characters so they can save money on the voice acting. Basically just add more witcher contracts style of questing rather than dialogue heavy side missions with major characters.

But I've also said this quite emphatically in the past, it's on us to create reasonable suggestions in how to improve what CDPR already created. Small tweaks and dialogue expansions on existing scenes would be much easier than a full on character themed expansion or reworked epilogue.

However, all options should be suggested and discussed because we really don't know what CDPR is willing, capable and interested in doing. The more serious and well-considered options there are the higher the likelihood that something will be done.

After being blocked for several days, just before the end of the game because of a bug, I finally could finish the story. I found myself, joystick in hand, the role of Triss to Skellige ... A horror. The "Well? " or "oui ?" in french for me is an abomination. I wonder if the writers are not allergic to red hair ...
Finally, when I continued the story, it was even worse. The "family" scenes with Ciri, Geralt and Yennefer ... Philippa and her conversations with Geralt who tries again after all the scenes that we had with Yennefer, telling us "You made the wrong choice by choosing Triss. Triss is a sister to Ciri." To believe that our relationship with Triss is taboo!
The only times Triss coming with us for a quest is when must be liberated Philippa. And still, she stays back while we catch Philippa!
We also learn that there is tension between Yennefer, Triss and Ciri because Triss are in a relationship with Geralt making them weird things. And then? Where is the confrontation scene with the quartet? In addition, I wonder how Ciri knew Geralt was in a relationship with Triss since Ciri was never, at any time, witnessed a scene between them. And she attended the kissing scene between Geralt and Yennefer ...
All along this final act, I have the bad feeling that I could not approach Triss because our relationship is Taboo, almost assimilated to incest. It may be hard as words but I have nothing else that comes to my mind to describe this situation.
The role of Triss to Skellige before the final battle?
Triss "Well? "
Triss "Fringilla! "" She should be here soon ... "
Triss "Good luck. "

Great ! Honestly…
We really need CD Projekt do something just because finish on a picture where "Geralt and Triss live in Kovir, happy." No, thanks, not for me! They can not put an end after three games, their relationship, like that!

I now expect a DLC that adds the Kovir area in the game, with good area to explore, home of Geralt and Triss and a large main quest. In addition, the region is populated by mines! You can have large underground area to explore!
There is so much to do! And then I found on the net that many players are expected to have access to Kovir but they learn that it's impossible. ^^'

Yeah, it's definitely easier for them to create expansions with new characters so they can save money on the voice acting. Basically just add more witcher contracts style of questing rather than dialogue heavy side missions with major characters.

But I've also said this quite emphatically in the past, it's on us to create reasonable suggestions in how to improve what CDPR already created. Small tweaks and dialogue expansions on existing scenes would be much easier than a full on character themed expansion or reworked epilogue.

However, all options should be suggested and discussed because we really don't know what CDPR is willing, capable and interested in doing. The more serious and well-considered options there are the higher the likelihood that something will be done.

Exactly my sentiments. It is a matter of suggesting constructive, well-formed comments that will convince CDPR that our concerns are great enough to address this issue in some capacity. I am also convinced that major additions to Triss content will not happen if the material does not already exist or isn't already planned, and again as you said, due to the cost. This is mostly the reason why I think an expansion where Triss is a participating character would be something we would most likely see from CDPR that could come close to addressing the Triss issue. And this again would be created from pre-recorded material. Then again anything could happen, but it is better to be safe on CDPR's possible remedies than reaching

Last edited:

Since I guess TW3 will be the game of the year I at least could imagine that they are capable to add more contet which requires more and new voice acting.
If they are willing to do so well thats another story of course.

And that is a problem for us. Because everyone here is bringing some ideas and possible solutions to solve the problem but as long as we dont know what they are willing to offer we cant concentrate on thinking about a solution in a way they would fix it.

So we are trying to find solutions in every possible scenario and at the end there will still be people upset because they didnt fix it in a way they asked for it.

We need a feedback from CDPR. IF they will do anything. And if yes HOW? So we can bring good ideas and solutions for the specific way they are willing to go.

We need a feedback from CDPR. IF they will do anything. And if yes HOW? So we can bring good ideas and solutions for the specific way they are willing to go.

Yeah, it would be really cool to get some sort of dialogue going. Even if it's a "We don't want to focus on the romance because it would require us to add too much extra dialogue. We want to focus on X or Y instead." Then at least we could try to come up with solutions that fit that framework.

Problem is that devs (in general) stay away from interacting on forums when possible. I don't blame them, pretty much every gaming forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Still, I think there's enough earnest desire and sentiment for unilateral improvement that they should throw us a bone when they are ready to assess their work. That, however, requires them to be willing to revisit existing content in a serious way. Their critical success may just make them wash their hands of the matter and say "good enough". Hopefully they stick to their guns and work to improve the game in a meaningful way and not just add more combat content.

Since I guess TW3 will be the game of the year I at least could imagine that they are capable to add more contet which requires more and new voice acting.
If they are willing to do so well thats another story of course.

And that is a problem for us. Because everyone here is bringing some ideas and possible solutions to solve the problem but as long as we dont know what they are willing to offer we cant concentrate on thinking about a solution in a way they would fix it.

So we are trying to find solutions in every possible scenario and at the end there will still be people upset because they didnt fix it in a way they asked for it.

Agreed. I'm not sure how to digest no CDPR representative at least dropping an opinion one way or another on this thread. I myself hope that the lack of CDPR input may be due to the devs conducting meetings to discuss the Triss controversy that is only growing if the size and views of this thread are any indication lol. Maybe they don't want to give any information or comment until they know better how they wish to proceed. Of course, they may still be collecting feedback or fixing other technical issues, which is taking their attention away from this one.

Last edited:
I now expect a DLC that adds the Kovir area in the game, with good area to explore, home of Geralt and Triss and a large main quest. In addition, the region is populated by mines! You can have large underground area to explore!
There is so much to do! And then I found on the net that many players are expected to have access to Kovir but they learn that it's impossible. ^^'

Give that man a drink.

Here comes another suggestion that will never see the light of day...

Have both women to KM and during the drinking scene, eventually have the two of them retire somewhere else to talk privately and keep drinking...

Then instead of Lambert deciding they dress up as Yennefer, he suggests they play a game... one of them dresses as Yen and the other as Triss and their goal is to entice Geralt to choose between them... later the sorceresses find them, and after the initial wtf-are-you-doing moment, they each decide to coach their witcher impersonator, adding phrases, magically created wigs, etc...

Apparently you broke off because reasons, even thou you saved her and she vowed to help you find Yen.

Triss has a sad line where she suggests she had to build a new life after losing him. My take it that Geralt breaks things off because he's very confused. He's got deep feelings for her but he's got a flood of memories about Yen and he wants space to try and work out who Yen is to him now. Triss clearly has an inferiority complex when it comes to Yen and doesn't believe for a second that he'll choose her. Hence why in the end i doubt she wants to be next to him and hurting at not being with him and especially not desiring being their at what she believes will be a happy re-union. I'd have preferred not to have a forced break-up but its not permanent so i can accept their decision.

Here comes another suggestion that will never see the light of day...

Have both women to KM and during the drinking scene, eventually have the two of them retire somewhere else to talk privately and keep drinking...

Then instead of Lambert deciding they dress up as Yennefer, he suggests they play a game... one of them dresses as Yen and the other as Triss and their goal is to entice Geralt to choose between them... later the sorceresses find them, and after the initial wtf-are-you-doing moment, they each decide to coach their witcher impersonator, adding phrases, magically created wigs, etc...
You've just made my day :hatsoff:

Yeah, it would be really cool to get some sort of dialogue going. Even if it's a "We don't want to focus on the romance because it would require us to add too much extra dialogue. We want to focus on X or Y instead." Then at least we could try to come up with solutions that fit that framework.

Problem is that devs (in general) stay away from interacting on forums when possible. I don't blame them, pretty much every gaming forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Still, I think there's enough earnest desire and sentiment for unilateral improvement that they should throw us a bone when they are ready to assess their work. That, however, requires them to be willing to revisit existing content in a serious way. Their critical success may just make them wash their hands of the matter and say "good enough". Hopefully they stick to their guns and work to improve the game in a meaningful way and not just add more combat content.

And still as you can see in this thread we are constructive and willing to find a good way to solve the issue. We dont flame and rage around like 12yo "WHERE IS MY CONTENT I WASTED MY MONEY BLA BLA BLA" . And same goes for CDPR. Everyone already noticed that they are a trustworthy company with a great work and communication to the community.

We honestly try to workout good ideas and possible ways to help them fix the issue. We dont type walls of text each day passing by just to tell them how bad their work was and stuff like that. We love the game. And most of us are fine with everything it gave us so far.

So I think we really deserve at least a short message what our chances are for this topic.

Also I agree with you with the combat content. There is way enough tho. And monsters dont talk with you (at least most of them. Morkvarg doesnt count here lol).

Of course it needs more work and input for dialogues conversations and so on with old characters than adding some new monsters or bandit camp. But thats why we need something we can form our ideas with.

Agreed. I'm not sure how to digest no CDPR representative at least dropping an opinion one way or another on this thread. I myself hope that the lack of CDPR input may be due to the devs conducting meetings to discuss the Triss controversy that is only growing if the size and views of this thread are any indication lol. Maybe they don't want to give any information or comment until they know better how they wish to proceed. Of course, they may still be collecting feedback or fixing other technical issues, which is taking their attention away from this one.

I think so too. They already noticed us. Like 100% ! And I dont think they ignore us. They are waiting until they are 100% sure what they are going to do. And as long they dont know that they wont answer. Its classic and I can understand that since they wont promise anything they cant fullfill.

Last edited:
Triss has a sad line where she suggests she had to build a new life after losing him. My take it that Geralt breaks things off because he's very confused. He's got deep feelings for her but he's got a flood of memories about Yen and he wants space to try and work out who Yen is to him now. Triss clearly has an inferiority complex when it comes to Yen and doesn't believe for a second that he'll choose her. Hence why in the end i doubt she wants to be next to him and hurting at not being with him and especially not desiring being their at what she believes will be a happy re-union. I'd have preferred not to have a forced break-up but its not permanent so i can accept their decision.

Exactly this. His confusion also explains why he questions what Yen is to him during the part where he can inpsect Yen's room in Skellige. That dialogue justifies Geralt exploring his dynamic with Yen in Skellige and why Triss' Now or Never quests should chronologically come later during the Brothers in Arms quest. It would make sense to choose your love interest after interacting with them in the primary material the game offers, i.e Novigrad for Triss and Skellige for Yen. I am convinced the mission design and narrative sequencing was not polished or tweaked enough in the final product. Hence, all the confusion and lack of satisfaction for everyone here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom