Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I replayed TW2 less than a month ago so I remember it perfectly. There is not one single moment Geralt regains his memories. He recovers them bit by bit through various means over the course of the entire game.

Yea you are probably right. Though i strongly remember that the mist was an important boost to letting his memory coming back

I kind of disagree with the sugestions that Triss and Yen should somewhat create a fight or start arguing about Geralt's love. Although Yen regularly gets angry if not picked (mostly perceived because you spend way more time with her after the rejection), I really can't see their characters going around "Hey bitcch, stop giving the looks to my bf!" while pulling hair and slapping one another. Triss and Yen remain "friends" themselves (and besides, they are both sorceresses, a real fight between them could not end well since it probably would not be restricted to slaps), they only get mad at Geralt.

It seems to me that in the novel, Triss and Yennefer speak rudely. Especially after Yennefer find that Triss loves Geralt.
Of course, the game is not the novel. But I just wanted to say eventually, knowing Yennefer and Triss in the novel, it's strange that nothing happens in Witcher 3 ...

You know, i get the feeling CDPR haven't commented yet on this thread because they want to see how long this thread will grow, they are probably sitting in the office placing bets on how many pages this thread will reach by the end of the month (for laughs of course) :)

On a more serious note, i actually think the lack of communication can be taken as a good thing, i mean if they weren't planning anything they could easily just come on here and say "Sorry we got nothing planned, i guess you will all have to move on" instead of allowing this thread grow to what it is today - maybe it is wishful thinking but at this point, it isn't completely unrealistic to believe it.
:wallbash: (I'm just going to go bang my head against a wall to snap out of it)

You know, i get the feeling CDPR haven't commented yet on this thread because they want to see how long this thread will grow, they are probably sitting in the office placing bets on how many pages this thread will reach by the end of the month (for laughs of course) :)

On a more serious note, i actually think the lack of communication can be taken as a good thing, i mean if they weren't planning anything they could easily just come on here and say "Sorry we got nothing planned, i guess you will all have to move on" instead of allowing this thread grow to what it is today - maybe it is wishful thinking but at this point, it isn't completely unrealistic to believe it.
:wallbash: (I'm just going to go bang my head against a wall to snap out of it)

Relax. We all speculated about that already.I think they will first off bring those two expansions they already mentioned. And maybe after that somewhere in 2016 they may plan something else.

Or maybe they will give us Triss for the toussaint expansion. We will see, hope and be patient.. Bcuz we have no choice :X

Exactly, I think there was a video on Youtube with all the "romance arc" scenes for Triss, it was 23 minutes long. Problem is most of that is pretty early on in the game and if you leave Novigrad early and then go to Skellige, it makes the problem even more glaring since it takes forever to see Triss again. Not that it really mattered if you saw Triss again though because she's just a tree not a lover unfortunately.

I suppose that few seconds of a slide that showed Geralt & Triss was supposed to make things better, but for me, it really didn't do much. I mean it was nice, but still left me with an empty feeling.

Happy endings are good, but not when nothing or hardly anything happens for Triss before that. I mean i'd bet there are at least a couple of people out there who forgot they romanced Triss because they game does a pretty bad job of reminding anyone that Triss is here and important to your character and like you said she is more of a tree than an actual character.

Relax. We all speculated about that already.I think they will first off bring those two expansions they already mentioned. And maybe after that somewhere in 2016 they may plan something else.

Or maybe they will give us Triss for the toussaint expansion. We will see, hope and be patient.. Bcuz we have no choice :X

True but at the very least least a thumbs-up from one of the developers or a quick comment would give us even more hope and then we would probably get more people on this thread. By the end of the year, this thread may have over 2000 pages, and nobody on this forum could ignore that :)

But I don't believe just putting Triss in an expansion or dlc will fix the issue.. The only way to actually fix it is to patch the main story or the vanilla game and add acknowledgement/ consequences for your romance choices.

Obviously I wouldn't be against an expansion with triss in it or a dlc but if other major characters play a big role again and triss does not.. Well... I don't think they will make or would make that mistake again however.

It's my opinion but I just don't think that dlc would fix the issue/s.

if your going to give a player a choice then make it have merit and weight, it has neither here.. id rather have no choice than a fake choice. you choose triss but the game only knows yennifer. BUT I CHOSE TRISS.. lol there is alot of emotional involvement in the game. beacause im a father of 3 kids and a husband i can relate to the ciri stuff and yeah i get attached but thats a testament to there writing, also if the writing was poor quality i wouldnt care. outside of the story there is no real reason to return to the game for me tbh. what can i possibly get from the game that i didnt get. cus it sure wasnt my romance :(

Last edited:
Happy endings are good, but not when nothing or hardly anything happens for Triss before that. I mean i'd bet there are at least a couple of people out there who forgot they romanced Triss because they game does a pretty bad job of reminding anyone that Triss is here and important to your character and like you said she is more of a tree than an actual character.

I know I'm one of those people that forgot I had romanced and told Triss I loved her, and I even skipped a lot of the Skellige content to rush towards Koel Morhen and the ending just to see if I'd see Triss again in some substantial way, but no dice. All I got was "Well?", a slideshow at the end, and an empty castle.

I mean if I do Skellige first and save Novigrad for after Skellige I hope that maybe that will make it better for me since it would move Triss a bit closer to the ending, but I'm not too hopeful. It really makes me not want to go through with a 2nd playthrough, even though I love most everything else about the game. I guess I may be forced to choose Yen just to see what happens since she has more content I believe.

But I don't believe just putting Triss in an expansion or dlc will fix the issue.. The only way to actually fix it is to patch the main story or the vanilla game and add acknowledgement/ consequences for your romance choices.

Obviously I wouldn't be against an expansion with triss in it or a dlc but if other major characters play a big role again and triss does not.. Well... I don't think they will make or would make that mistake again however.

It's my opinion but I just don't think that dlc would fix the issue/s.

I've said before obviously the ideal solution would be to add to the main game content. Get some flesh on the bones of in the middle and end portion of the game where the Triss' content falls down somewhat. That said additional content via an expansion would be a very welcome second best option to fill the void that currently exists and might be more likely.

Last edited:
Actually even though I played both previous games and recalled her story fondly (only for W2), what really convinced me what her portrayal in this game. And who in their right mind would let her go in the docks?

If I'm being honest though, in my first and frustration free playthrough, the last wish evoked the feels too.

I wonder how will I feel this time around. Probably I'll be as rude to her as the game allows me to be, which is something she apparently likes, so all good :)

Funny thing is how the games managed to turn the books upside down and Yennefer will be the rebound girl this time around for many, including myself.

UPDATE
Ok this is interesting, remember that guy that tries to get your medallion when you reach Skelligue? I fought him when he insulted Yennefer, this time around, "yeah, sorceress can be like that"

Last edited:
I really like the Triss character development in the first two games, and I think what she really needs now is more participation is the late story development (in the actual state she could just change her name from Triss to Tree).

But besides the story against the Wild Hunt, I also agree that her romance state should be more acknowledged by the other characters in general, resulting in different dialogues when talking to those npcs, and in more time with Geralt himself if romanced (quests available only to the woman "romanced", or to both if the Geralt in question likes to tango).

I kind of disagree with the sugestions that Triss and Yen should somewhat create a fight or start arguing about Geralt's love. Although Yen regularly gets angry if not picked (mostly perceived because you spend way more time with her after the rejection), I really can't see their characters going around "Hey bitcch, stop giving the looks to my bf!" while pulling hair and slapping one another. Triss and Yen remain "friends" themselves (and besides, they are both sorceresses, a real fight between them could not end well since it probably would not be restricted to slaps), they only get mad at Geralt.

Ouch...I've tried to catchup on my reading here...took my old man nap and come back and there are bunches of new posts! :)

Now as for the cat fight...I mentioned that earlier today, don't know if I started the conversation or not but, I was thinking out-loud, MY wish to see that...I've never had a couple of super-haught chicks fight over me so...you know, bucket list and all...

Anyway, I think it would be a fight fought with verbal jabs and go-to-hell looks...and the majority of the jabs would be landed on Geralt! There was a scene of a movie, I can't place it in my head right now but, the wife slaps the husband(Bruce Willis I think it was) and he is just deadpan looking back at her and he says something like 'you cheat and then you're pissed at me??? She later admits she's pissed cause he seems like he doesn't even care that she cheated...I think on the breakup, Yen might transition her anger a bit like that.

"You cheated on me, for over a year and with a friend no less, as if that could possible make it any better, easier for me to accept. I said I didn't want to hear the why of it or any of your excuses...well now you just want me to ignore the righteous stares of your witcher friends AND the come hither looks the two of you share when I'm in the room. Well I don't need this shit right now. We must keep Ciri safe and that is where I am focusing myself but I refuse to stay here and be further humiliated." And with that Yen leaves the room.

That is the kind of 'fight I would see...you might even have Triss interrupt her somewhere with the "hey, climb down off that porcelain pony for a moment and realize, you did everything in your power to push him away since the beginning in fact, don't blame him for something you could have fixed with a single teleport...but that would have forced you to commit."

I don't know...just grasping at straws of mad sorceress dialog... :)

Anyway, I don't see it being really physical and that might not even be in the presence of anyone but Geralt...I would like to see a cloths ripping scene sure, I like Jerry Springer as much as the next guy but that would be WAY too white-trash for these ladies.

---------- Updated at 07:30 PM ----------

And most of them are re-used too! I've noticed ME animations in DA and SWTOR.

SWTOR! God yes! I was trying to remember what game it was that had such a horrible romance arc...not more than one or two 'felt' organic. Most of them were almost funny. The darkside one, where you turn the young jedi and she goes all goth on ya...that was funny, trying to get you to 'cheat' on your twilik 'wife' in the computer lab of the ship! Funny stuff man...but Bioware and EA <puke>!

Last edited:
The funny part is that Yen was trying to cheat on Geralt, with Serrit and Auckes no less. So much so that it was getting frustrating with Letho. bit of an oxymoron...

The funny part is that Yen was trying to cheat on Geralt, with Serrit and Auckes no less. So much so that it was getting frustrating with Letho. bit of an oxymoron...

I wonder what Yennefer would say if Geralt brought that up. Somehow I think that amnesia would suddenly become a good excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom