Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is devastating, i was sure that the whole "cold as ice" type of character that Yen showed previously would mean that she wouldn't get hurt but it was one of the few moments that i thought i should have picked her instead of Triss and it really made me feel enough sorry for her that i started a 2nd playthrough in which i romanced her.

Yeah seeing Yen's reaction to it means I'll probably pick Yen in my 2nd playthrough even though I love Triss. The main reason for me picking Yen is because she actually shows devastation from being hurt. If you reject Triss at the boat, I don't think she really does from what I've heard, and she just comes back later anyways.

That and the fact that there's just more Yen content anyways which I haven't seen. Yen's romance with Geralt just seems to spaced pretty well throughout the game. Triss's romance is not at all spaced right. It's front loaded at Novigrad and then hardly anything after you've sealed the romance.

I'm sure they will do something since a lot of fans really want more Triss.
In the meantime here is an updated wallpaper I made for Triss in her dress from witcher 3:

That looks awesome :)

looking at her dress made me wonder what her alternate appearance will be, of course they release the Yen first while we have to wait for the Triss one.

I'm sure they will do something since a lot of fans really want more Triss.
In the meantime here is an updated wallpaper I made for Triss in her dress from witcher 3:

Awesome are you the guy who did the one with the white trees in the background? Do you know how I can make it 16:9?

I will put lots of real money on it I mean $$$. But Triss without Geralt? Not interested.
well at first i though a stand alone triss adventure would be sweet (as its somewhat a common thing now days to do a stand alone adventure) for certain characters BUT after really thinking about it this would really suck.. ciri on the other hand whole different story!!
i love triss but you are right theres no triss without geralt.
i know i go back to what I've said over and over .. diverse storyline for both triss and yen after djinn quest..
which is why I've come to a conclusion ..What would be easier and nicer game wise?

tack on some shoddy after thought triss content?? A lot already feel triss felt tacked on as a after thought throughout the game as it is!!

OR

write down another side of the story including triss instead of yen after the djinn quest

I know the feeling, spent so much time just playing the Witcher series ( I completed 1-2-3 within about two weeks) it was fantastic, but there's something unsatisfying trying to do the second playthrough of 3... When I redo games I generally don't force myself to make decisions I dislike just for the sake of "experiencing" them. So, when the time comes I'd obviously romance Triss and be reminded of how awful the interaction between you is post-Novigrad. It's taken me 9 days on my second playthrough to even get to Kiera and start her questline. I've just not got the passion to play it again when there feels like a chunk of the game is missing. (Sadly it's not only the Triss content, but to finish the game to an empty world with almost all the companions missing is just "meh").

Yeah this may be an open world game, but it has always been about the characters and their personal stories (mainly Geralt and Ciri), so to have a lack of content for these characters and for them to disappear never to be seen again at the end of the game makes it seem empty, and that means we actually have to convince ourselves to do another playthrough instead of us just jumping back in.

write down another side of the story including triss instead of yen after the djinn quest
I don't think this is possible as that would require them to significantly alter the main story. Adding Triss content to certain parts of the game where it's obviously missing, giving her some role in the expansions or in a separate DLC taking part post game (maybe something similar to Mass Effect Citadel) would be more realistic.

Last edited:
But imagine her with a gun...

TRISS EFFECT.. ciri ports both her and triss to a new world thats like 500 years on from our present day they get split up ciri gets kidnapped and her powers a suppressed .. triss is on her own and becomes a space bounty hunter searching for ciri to rescue her and port back to witcher world!!.. etc story writes its self :) lol

Last edited:
I don't think this is possible as that would require them to significantly alter the main story. Adding Triss content to certain parts of the game where it's obviously missing, giving her some role in the expansions or in a separate DLC taking part post game (maybe something similar to Mass Effect Citadel) would be more realistic.

Yeah I doubt they will fix the Triss romance in the main game that would be too difficult, something Citadel DLC-like seems more plausible

While that wouldn't excuse the treatment of Triss in the main storyline it would still be nice (One simply doesn't say no to more Triss)

well yes and no they would only need to swap out yen for triss the story could really stay the same but with obvious dialog difference and character that way making us feel that when we kinda beg triss to stay on the docks of novigrad it had real meaning and reason not to just kick the poor girl to the curb and still put up with yen after our clear choice was triss

I kind of believe they don't want to do an enhanced edition, but rather release several dlc and expansion packs, i think they are more focused on adding smaller packs one at a time over the next year, i mean if they do go that route it may be easier and cheaper (like you said) for them than to rework and than release an EE for the game - although that depends on whether the dlc will be free or paid dlc, if we are talking about additional content for characters than probably paid dlc. Also yep a lot of this does suck, but there are some positives, such as they can't keep ignoring all these threads forever :)

Well, my background is in a LONG line of MMORPGs and FPSs...in those subscription fees paid for the patches, monthly and quarterly. The big additions, new quests level cap crap...that seemed to come in larger paid expansions. I am bringing this up because, 'fixing' what we think are the flaws in this game, will take a major overhaul of the last half of the story. BUT, I don't think it means changing the results of there story...making certain characters be more than Wallflowers and hat-racks.

I believe it is about the immersion of the character in the later half of the game...it would be sweet if they actually do have drop in DLC/Expansions that merge with the story. It would even be more grand if they actually meld them to the story...like later on Skillega someone mentions "I heard about you and that merchant in Oxenfurt..." THAT is probably hoping for too much...for that to work it would have to be free update DLC cause I don't think a major overhaul of the story COULD be tied to paid expansions...folks would SCREAM if they did that!

Well, I have been bit...I paid for the season pass when I bought the game so, I don't care what they do...hopefully we will get more than just the two planned one right now...cause three is better. "But this one goes up to 11..."

I was also disappointed with my play through relationship choice with Triss that it did't have more content. Considering she is the only video game female that has been featured in Playboy (2011)...that should mean something that there are fans for this character.

Also noticed most of Geralt's friends seem to comment how he's treated by Yen...even Phillipa says it.

I know the feeling, spent so much time just playing the Witcher series ( I completed 1-2-3 within about two weeks) it was fantastic, but there's something unsatisfying trying to do the second playthrough of 3... When I redo games I generally don't force myself to make decisions I dislike just for the sake of "experiencing" them. So, when the time comes I'd obviously romance Triss and be reminded of how awful the interaction between you is post-Novigrad. It's taken me 9 days on my second playthrough to even get to Kiera and start her questline. I've just not got the passion to play it again when there feels like a chunk of the game is missing. (Sadly it's not only the Triss content, but to finish the game to an empty world with almost all the companions missing is just "meh").

That is my story in a nutshell! Ending, even the good one = sucks! Post Ending World = sucks!

This game is like taking an 18 hour road with your bitchy Mother-In-Law. You race to the end so you can be free of her and then you realize, you have to ride back with her too...damnit!

Wait, sorry bout that...I am bitter and angry right now. My wife just made reminded me of a LOT of chores I've been ignoring since this game came out...maybe its more like a trip with your wife...hummm,,,you love it but sometime you just don't wanna be around her. Ok, thats better.

Last edited:
Yeah seeing Yen's reaction to it means I'll probably pick Yen in my 2nd playthrough even though I love Triss. The main reason for me picking Yen is because she actually shows devastation from being hurt. If you reject Triss at the boat, I don't think she really does from what I've heard, and she just comes back later anyways.

That and the fact that there's just more Yen content anyways which I haven't seen. Yen's romance with Geralt just seems to spaced pretty well throughout the game. Triss's romance is not at all spaced right. It's front loaded at Novigrad and then hardly anything after you've sealed the romance.

I would agree with you on the spacing...to a point. You let us know what you think after you get to Kaer Morhen with UMA...I felt pretty alone from about there on in. Sorry if thats a spoiler... :/

Well, my background is in a LONG line of MMORPGs and FPSs...in those subscription fees paid for the patches, monthly and quarterly. The big additions, new quests level cap crap...that seemed to come in larger paid expansions. I am bringing this up because, 'fixing' what we think are the flaws in this game, will take a major overhaul of the last half of the story. BUT, I don't think it means changing the results of there story...making certain characters be more than Wallflowers and hat-racks.

I believe it is about the immersion of the character in the later half of the game...it would be sweet if they actually do have drop in DLC/Expansions that merge with the story. It would even be more grand if they actually meld them to the story...like later on Skillega someone mentions "I heard about you and that merchant in Oxenfurt..." THAT is probably hoping for too much...for that to work it would have to be free update DLC cause I don't think a major overhaul of the story COULD be tied to paid expansions...folks would SCREAM if they did that!

Well, I have been bit...I paid for the season pass when I bought the game so, I don't care what they do...hopefully we will get more than just the two planned one right now...cause three is better. "But this one goes up to 11..."

Yeah the second half does need an overhaul but whether that is a realistic target it another matter. What i want is to see a series of quests (nothing too major) from dlc/expansions tie/connect to the main storyline or at least feel like it belongs in the game. There are examples of where dlc could go, a mage talks about meeting up in Kovir so that could lead to something (although unlikely) as well as plenty of other examples people have pointed out.

Some kind of dlc/expansion or EE after the second expansion is still all possibilities, it is most likely that something new will show up next year unless the developers are planning on taking a 9 or 10 month holiday (which they deserve but it won't happen).

---------- Updated at 01:49 AM ----------

That is my story in a nutshell! Ending, even the good one = sucks! Post Ending World = sucks!

This game is like taking an 18 hour road with your bitchy Mother-In-Law. You race to the end so you can be free of her and then you realize, you have to ride back with her too...damnit!

Wait, sorry bout that...I am bitter and angry right now. My wife just made reminded me of a LOT of chores I've been ignoring since this game came out...maybe its more like a trip with your wife...hummm,,,you love it but sometime you just don't wanna be around her. Ok, thats better.

Does your wife see these posts? because that is hilarious :)

Yesterday Triss said something that really bugged me

In the quest " Redenia most wanted", there is a option to give the crystal to Triss
-First, Triss said is Radovid gouted out Phillipa's eye isn't enough, now he want to kill her. Ah yes, no offense Triss, but i want to kill her myself (only Ioverth path i think :D)

-Second, she think of course you turn Radovid down, but in contrary Geralt accepted his offer. This one just remind me of fountain scene, Geralt also has a option to say Triss turn down the offer from Kovir's king, instead she said "only a fool would refuse" :D

-Third, now this is a real problem, Triss told Geralt she want the Lodge to be restore, wait Triss do you remember:
+The total failure of the Lodge in Witcher 2
+Phillipa and Sile blocked Triss out of every discussion about Lodge's plan (or as she told because of Geralt @@)
+The Mage's massacre in Wild Hunt clearly happen because of Lodge action
Even Geralt surprised when Triss told him, he somewhat act hostile when he asked Triss about she going to join the Lodge AGAIN ? Well at least she have other plan and have no desire to rejoin the Lodge (we all know what it is :D), don't know but i keep thinking she gonna enter the Lodge in the future after Wild hunt .......

-Fourth, Philipa again, when Triss and her meet in Dijkstra's bathhouse, Triss treat her with high respect like she is Triss mentor or anything. Where is the option the gout her crystal eye out and ask her where the fuck is Saskia :p (Ioverth path :D)

Does your wife see these posts? because that is hilarious :)

Yeah, she is starting to 'lurk' in here...she is getting pumped about playing TW3...so I need to be careful :)

BUT, she did just claim that she was the 500th vote!!! I called her this morning about 6:00am CST(1:00pm CEST) woke her ass up on her day off...told her to log on and vote! There was 498 at that time :) She did...what a gal! :D

I think it is possible to program all this variables in game to true or false, like in ME, I hope it is possible. =)))

Well, if you really think about it, it makes sense. Most every choice you make in the game that has far-reaching consequences is the difference between doing something or not doing something. It's really queued up like picking between option A or B. However, this is the same thing as choosing option A or not choosing option A. Such that A = true or A = false. This case is no different - the coding portion of this change should be one of the simpler parts of the whole process.

Will CDPR make Enhanced Edition for Witcher 3 like for previous games?

I like to think that they are considering it. Another way to make a bit more money.

To be more precise: at the end of The Last Wish, Geralt and Yennefer do finally get to talk about where they will go from where they are, and a simple 'I don't love you', followed by 'Just because I don't love you doesn't mean I don't like spending time with you' I feel does not represent the perspective of someone in a romance with Triss, does not fit with the much-vaunted 'adult RPG with tough choices' theme, and actually seems quite cruel from this perspective.

I agree with this point, in fact I have written my own dialogues for such a sequence. Geralt and Yennfer's oft-tempestuous, 20+ year long romance is not given the proper closure it deserves. I feel that it hurts the Triss side of things more. You have made an altogether difficult choice and you are choosing to live with it. It feels like Geralt's and Yennefer's breakup is a loose end in this sense. It doesn't really offer any closure. An important step in their relationship would be to cast off the burden of any other potential suitors. We aren't given a cast off - we are given a loose end that deserves tying up in it's own right.

I too agree that no dialogue between them would completely tie up the issue but it should be messy. It should definitely be more than 5 lines which culminates as "Sorry, magic's gone". It will not be neat but it need not be. It just needs some more. It needs a bit more resolution than what we got.

Some have mentioned feelings of shame induced by the game, that the game seems to punish them for choosing the Triss romance over Yennefer. Mostly this seems to happen on Skellige, where everyone assumes Geralt and Yennefer are an item. I think this is actually entirely appropriate, and that it fits one of the main themes of the Witcher: you always have a choice, but there's usually no right choice, and you have to live with the consequences.

I agree that some of the auto-Yen stuff isn't so bad but it swings too wildly to this extreme. There should be some opportunities to set the record straight. The fact that Geralt never speaks up and tells them that Triss is the one now, I am sorry if it is blunt, but it is inexcusable. He can tell the other Witchers that he ins't with Yen anymore but that is as far as the conversation goes. He shuts them down and for no good reason. I agree with what you said at the end though, there are no "right" choices. This is one of those choices. Neither Yen nor Triss is inherently correct, but the fact that the game always assumes you are with Yen with no opportunity to rectify the situation points to the contrary of their self-espoused mantra. Yen is the right choice and Triss is the wrong choice.

Many have suggested that Triss should take a lead role from the first visit to Kaer Morhen onwards. Aside from the fact that it seems infeasible to me to disentangle Yennefer from the existing content, and that it would be a waste of a lot of good material which works perfectly well as it stands, I don't think it would be reasonable to suggest Yennefer would take a back seat in the hunt for Ciri; she just seems to be too invested, and rightly so.

I think this is a minority opinion expressed within this forum. I do not want Triss to displace Yennefer within the main quest. I just want her given equal treatment and equal impact.

For similar reasons I don't think there should be long scenes before big battles,

This is one where I cannot see the merit in not including this. Before the final battle, there's enough time to run around finishing side quests but not enough time for a simple conversation? Besides, you are the one to activate the Sunstone. The Naglefar does not show up on it's own. It is possibly the last time many of them will see each other and there is no way they wouldn't have had more to say to each other.

I want to thank you for coming on here and voicing your opinions though. :)

Yeah, she is starting to 'lurk' in here...she is getting pumped about playing TW3...so I need to be careful :)

BUT, she did just claim that she was the 500th vote!!! I called her this morning about 6:00am CST(1:00pm CEST) woke her ass up on her day off...told her to log on and vote! There was 498 at that time :) She did...what a gal! :D

Your wife was the 500th vote, then she is awesome! :angel:

Damn this is sad, im gonna do the Triss quest and then reload and finish my game with Yenn relationship, not worth to be with Triss if you are going to get punished for it.

I was also disappointed with my play through relationship choice with Triss that it did't have more content. Considering she is the only video game female that has been featured in Playboy (2011)...that should mean something that there are fans for this character.

Also noticed most of Geralt's friends seem to comment how he's treated by Yen...even Phillipa says it.

I forgot about that! And yeah I am of the FIRM belief the latter half of this story is in what woodworkers call, a ROUGH state...it really should have been worked a while longer, honed and sanded to proper finish...but, alas, this is what we get.

I know folks might throw me out on my ear...but I would pay another $60 for a MAJOR expansion...call it The Witcher 3.5, whatever...its that damn good to me and whats $60??? If you are sweating that amount for entertainment that keeps you occupied for 200 hours...you need to climb out of the card board box and get up under the overpass. 200 hours of entertainment one time cost me nearly $10000 bucks...if I hadn't cancelled my credit card that escort would STILL be making charges!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom