• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@anlauf

Unfortunately mate Triss is, rather ironically, allergic to magic so she wouldn't be able to use magic to heal herself, maybe not even dull the pain. She would have to rely on more traditional methods of healing after the event I'm afraid. Which all means the torture pain was 100% real for her.

@anlauf

Unfortunately mate Triss is, rather ironically, allergic to magic so she wouldn't be able to use magic to heal herself, maybe not even dull the pain. She would have to rely on more traditional methods of healing after the event I'm afraid. Which all means the torture pain was 100% real for her.

She's allergic to magical elixirs,not to magic itself.

@anlauf

In Triss house, Geralt said she allergic to potion, so i think she can use magic to heal her wound

It's very nice to see that the support for Triss only ever grows! I'm in my second PT(doing kind of a fast run), in Kaer Morhen. Storywise, it's Velen>Novigrad>Skellige but Triss - Yen choices kind of make sense when you skip Novigrad and go Skellige right after Velen. So Geralt is allowed to flirt with both ladies and it kind of fits with the conflict theme. The game let's you apologize to Yen if you don't help her in "Last Wish" quest I wonder if the game lets you apologize to Triss if you don't help her in "Now or Never" quest but my inner voice tells me it doesn't since Triss' been pretty much ignored during KM. Another thing I noticed is that aside from the fact that game pushes you towards Yen it also imbalances the choice you've come to make. At one hand you have to deal with Yen's insecurity about the djinn wish and no matter what unless you're heartless you can't help but feel sorry for her if you're going to reject her, but on the contrary if you don't intent to romance Triss it's pretty much a done deal and it's not about Triss but you whether you can live without her or not. Considering the quality of a love story I'd choose the latter because imo that's what matters when it comes to love. With Triss if you decide to go for her you can feel the romance build up in your bones, from a very shy start point through some unintended flirtation to the big last decision moment but with Yen whether you choose or not, there is no build up whatsoever the game takes it you're in love with her and they keep flirting until the last wish quest(I didn't play the rest yet).

Also when I arrived KM second time I thought why not include Triss in this scene, something like when Vesemir talks about it he could say something like
(I'm bad with lines so don't mind the quality)
V: ...she throws a bed out of balcony.
G: Shame it was a good bed. Triss loved it's-
Then Vesemir says he saw Triss rushing out of the castle, seemed rather bitter which might hint Yen and Triss had a fight. We don't even really need to see the fight itself but with a simple few lines we could know Triss was there, we could know Yen and Triss had a fight and Yen threw the bed out of window and if we romanced Triss we could be able to talk to her about it and she would be at KM when we arrive, we are already able to talk to Yen even if we romanced her or not(the conversation changes when you romance Yen but the game never cares whether you romanced Triss or not). It was really not that hard it just needed some writers or devs to care about it.

Last edited:
Was a terrible feeling. I feelt very bad while watching it. Tried to redo the scene using axii with all point spent in it to maybe affect everyone and still progress, but no way out.
I don't remember if a game making me feel that bad.

At least she's a sorceress and can cure and use some pain relief spells.

P. S. : at least I have a manual save right before that and can redo this when they release more meaningful content plus new look for Triss DLC

we are all looking for more decent meaningful TRISS content here:)

Iam also looking forward to to see if and what there going to do for the TRISS alt look ,.. seen some concept witcher 3 TRISS out fits while i was looking for my avatar pic so it will be interesting to see what they give us!!

Maybe CDPR will do a Triss DLC where we can patch things up with her?

that indifference from her after the almost threesome made me so miserable...

If they do that then I hope they'll do a Yen DLC as well.

More Triss and Yen content would always make me happy. I'm sure everyone would agree with that.

And maybe a bit more Lambert and Eskel as well. I felt those two characters didn't get enough screentime either. Especially Eskel. I know he doesn't seem like the most interesting character but truth be told I thought the same about Lambert until I did his side-quest.

I think Eskel and Lambert are great characters with great potential. The quest where they all get drunk and put on pieces of Yen's outfit has proven that. We need more of that good stuff in TW3.

Oh yeah that's true. Triss kind of justified it as repaying Tancred for being so supportive of the mages cause, not that she was power hungry or anything.

aye in fact between Triss and Yen the one who is truly power hungry throughout, is Yen.
Both Yen and Triss like the "high society" lifestyle and luxuries, but Yen genuinely craves power, and not just political, but magical too.

Triss on the other hand, all the power she does seek or even gives up, is always in serving of her ideals, mainly to help mages and non-humans have a chance at a better life.

aye in fact between Triss and Yen the one who is truly power hungry throughout, is Yen.
Both Yen and Triss like the "high society" lifestyle and luxuries, but Yen genuinely craves power, and not just political, but magical too.

Triss on the other hand, all the power she does seek or even gives up, is always in serving of her ideals, mainly to help mages and non-humans have a chance at a better life.

What?When did Yen crave for power?

Heya

maybe someone could invite the people from this thread to our cause...it's a bit embarressing that I can't do it myself since I have a funny problem with my steam acc...so maybe you guys could be so cool as to post our URL to this thread, thanks

https://staging.steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/615085406661844023/

PS I love u all!

Damn, i thought you posted a fake link cause it require Steam login when i already login so i reported you ..... So sorry and hope nothing happen to your account :(

What?When did Yen crave for power?

quick example? the very first time she met Geralt... Genie...
she wanted the genie to get his power.
She had general ambition, her mage upbringing and all, more often than not the "worse" things she done, she done for personal selfish ambitions (like wanting to murder dragons to cure her infertility), she tones down on it as the relationship with Geralt change her.

Last edited:
quick example? the very first time she met Geralt... Genie...

I thought it was clear,that she wanted the djinn to cure her infertility

She also said this to Ciri in Blood of Elves:
“Lady Yennefer? How does it work with this drawing of the force? If I gather force into myself then there might not be enough left down below. Is it right to do that? Mother Nenneke taught us that we mustn’t take anything just like that, for the fun of it. Even the cherry has to be left on its tree for the birds, so that it can simply fall.”Yennefer put her arm around Ciri, kissed her gently on the hair at her temple.
“I wish,” she muttered, “others could hear what you said. Vilgefortz, Francesca, Terranova… Those who believe they have exclusive right to
the force and can use it unreservedly. I wish they could listen to the little wise ugly one from Melitele’s Temple. Don’t worry, Ciri. It’s a good thing you’re thinking about it but believe me, there is enough force. It won’t run out. It’s as if you picked one single little cherry from a huge orchard.”

The power clearly doesn't interest Yen.

I thought it was clear,that she wanted the djinn to cure her infertility

She also said this to Ciri in Blood of Elves:
“Lady Yennefer? How does it work with this drawing of the force? If I gather force into myself then there might not be enough left down below. Is it right to do that? Mother Nenneke taught us that we mustn’t take anything just like that, for the fun of it. Even the cherry has to be left on its tree for the birds, so that it can simply fall.”Yennefer put her arm around Ciri, kissed her gently on the hair at her temple.
“I wish,” she muttered, “others could hear what you said. Vilgefortz, Francesca, Terranova… Those who believe they have exclusive right to
the force and can use it unreservedly. I wish they could listen to the little wise ugly one from Melitele’s Temple. Don’t worry, Ciri. It’s a good thing you’re thinking about it but believe me, there is enough force. It won’t run out. It’s as if you picked one single little cherry from a huge orchard.”

The power clearly doesn't interest Yen.

not sure the genie was to cure her infertility, I did surf through the book too quickly, but doesn't really make a difference, she is still motivated to empower herself, at the cost of others, while Triss is mainly following ideals.

"power doesn't interest Yen" not at the end I agree, but thats certainly not my view on her throughout.

Damn, i thought you posted a fake link cause it require Steam login when i already login so i reported you ..... So sorry and hope nothing happen to your account :(

Why would you report me? I'm not big on forum rules but I just wanted to aid our cause by directing more people to this thread.:eek:uch:
But no, nothing happened to my acc so I'm good.

Tbh, I want to hear a new ballad, in w/e future content CDPR is planning, about Geralt and Triss, because you have to admit that Priscilla's song, which is obviously about Geralt and Yen, is f**king amazing :p Also, rather interesting that the moment is woven into the story at the time you rekindle the Triss-flame. Kinda cruel on the devs' part, but hey, love is a losing game.

On the plus side for CDPR... I can walk by a strumpet being bullied by guards, I can release some weird tree spirit and let it destroy villages, I can yawn when the Bloody Baron shares his pain and then take selfies with his hanged body... but getting just „Well?“ from Triss and seeing the infamous, unskippable Yen-kiss makes it ache like a motherf**ker. Just proves how well written the characters are and, sadly, how poorly handled the last part is.

Also, the fact that every 3rd famer has The Last Wish book in their houses... And that the rose of rememberance has wilted (NO, IT DIDN'T!)... Does kinda feel that CDPR suffered from a Gerlat-like amnesia when working on TW3. A quick recap for you, CDPR: TW1 - woo, we're witchers! Woo, Triss! TW2 - Doing stuff with Triss, then she gets kidnapped and we run like a maniac to save her (there's some other stuff with kings dying, political struggle, but who cares??? Gotta save Triss!)

One last thing: kudos to the thread starter(s) and those who turned it into this tens of thousands of view/replies monster. It does feel like group therapy :p Had the intention of making my 2nd playthrough 100% evil-Gerlat that ends alone and kills everything and everyone. But this thread gives me hope and I'd rather wait for some changes. Because, tbh, I'd say „I love you“ again, in Novigrad harbour :)

I think CDPR should have handled the whole romance issue between Triss and Yennefer a lot better than it turned out in the game. The pacing just seems way off. I cleared all of White orchard, Velen before moving on to Skellige. So that naturally made me do the Triss quest line with all guns blazing. Then she simply sails off and that's about it.

When I then arrive at Skellige Yennefer is all of a sudden in full romance mode and everything is focused on her. The next time we see Triss is at Kaer Morhen and she basically is just a static presence. The subtle hint of her expression when Yennefer kisses you is just left unexplored. As is the info from Vesemir regarding why Yennefer threw the bed out of the window.

The game should really do a better job at presenting you with a clear choice. In my playthrough the Triss quest happened a looooooooong time before I ever arrived at the Yennefer quest. If done properly they should have both quests happen at the same time and make you decide between either helping Triss or Yennefer and by doing one of their quests you lock out the other. Then you could pursue the path you decided upon and have it unfold more deeply.

As it stands now it is a more convoluted affair which relies solely on one phrase "I love you". Regardless if you did Keira Metz, Sasha, Jutta and a whole entourage of prostitutes. Both Triss and Yennefer deserves a better story arch tied to their choice than 3 words.

not sure the genie was to cure her infertility, I did surf through the book too quickly, but doesn't really make a difference, she is still motivated to empower herself, at the cost of others, while Triss is mainly following ideals.

"power doesn't interest Yen" not at the end I agree, but thats certainly not my view on her throughout.

Assuming you are talking about the books i've heard from people who've read them that Triss is the one who wants to use Ciri to get more power for the Lodge and not Yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom