• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even comparable to how they forced Yen on us on TW3:
Geralt acting like a idiot around her and flirting at every freaking opportunity even though he is romancing Triss ?

I blame it on the djinn spell.

Everyone constantly referencing their romance?
etc.

You mean everyone constantly bitching about Yen and telling Geralt he should romance Triss instead? How is that in favor of Yen exactly?

Not to mention how they just shove her into your face from Skellige onwards

Cause she's Ciri's mother and that will never change. Phillipa hits the nail on the head when you do her quest and she comments on the dynamic between Geralt, Yen, Ciri and Triss. If you romanced Triss she will say that it must be very awkward for Ciri because Yen is like Ciri's mother while Triss is like Ciri's older sister while Geralt is like her father.

Its as if Triss doesn't exist anymore after the Novigrad arc

Odd, I saw Triss plenty of times after Novigrad despite the fact that I send her to Kovir. Sure, she doesn't have much to say, but neither does Yen outside of the main story content.

Wow almost 600 votes for Triss..pls CDPR listen to us

---------- Updated at 02:18 PM ----------

How is it not comparable?It's just as bad in Triss's case if not worse.You can break up with Triss in TW1,but in TW2 Geralt and Triss are a couple,whether you like it or not.Geralt flirts with her at every opportunity and gets jealous,when someone else hits on her,and everyone constantly reference their romance.
Also Triss gets shoved into your face in TW1 and TW2,and Yen only in TW3

Honestly Triss isn't even Triss in TW1 (basically a lame Yen rip off) and I never choose her there
In TW2 I agree that there should have been more for Shani lovers but considering Triss is basically absent for most of the game..

In TW3 on the other hand Triss gets shafted and Yen is constantly forced on you but just because its like that in the books its somehow ok

It is good that they made that topic for suggestions; maybe someone with the power of synthesis can compile all the stuff we wrote here and put it over there.

In the meantime here’s another suggestion for Triss in KM.

Triss stays in the courtyard looking around her broken bed while Geralt goes upstairs to talk to Yen. We get the usual interaction, maybe we can tell her that she should get over it, we’re with Triss or whatever and we end up being teleported to the lake as usual.

A few moments later another portals pops and Triss drops on top of Geralt. Some whatsit explanation on how she traced the magical energies and used the same coordinates, etc.

After some nice talk about them, etc they touch the topic of Yen being in denial, how they feel sorry for her, but she needs to understand, move on etc. Triss also comments on being pissed about the bed.

Eventually she is shown thinking it over and proposes to Geralt a plan that might help with the situation, at the same warning him, that it might be very dangerous.

Option to accept or not.

If we do, Triss talks about how they need to “rip off the band-aid” in one go and not do it in small doses. Geralt asks about specifics, but she insists how it is imperative that he doesn’t know for the plan to work out (and to keep the surprise for the players).

Again another option to accept or not.

If we do, then Triss is shown smiling coyly. “Ok witcher... I’m yours to do as you wish.”

“I’m liking this plan already.” Maybe we get an option for a passionate kiss or passionate, you know, love making. Then the scene plays out according to our choice. If we do the later Triss might comment on it being more dangerous than she originally planned.

During the cutscene, the camera starts to move out and focuses on Triss doing some magical movements with her hands.

Next we are shown Yen in the guest room, tinkering with the megascope. A sound of a portal being open is heard and she turns around, her face going from surprised to recognition to very angry.

And Triss voice is heard in the background.

“Quickly Geralt, Quen! Quen!!!”

I blame it on the djinn spell.

You mean everyone constantly bitching about Yen and telling Geralt he should romance Triss instead? How is that in favor of Yen exactly?

Cause she's Ciri's mother and that will never change. Phillipa hits the nail on the head when you do her quest and she comments on the dynamic between Geralt, Yen, Ciri and Triss. If you romanced Triss she will say that it must be very awkward for Ciri because Yen is like Ciri's mother while Triss is like Ciri's older sister while Geralt is like her father.

Odd, I saw Triss plenty of times after Novigrad despite the fact that I send her to Kovir. Sure, she doesn't have much to say, but neither does Yen outside of the main story content.

They could have easily made Triss another mother figure, the whole old sis thing is just weird (in the books it might have been fitting since Triss was never a real love interest for Geralt)
But again they chose to suddenly pander to book fans ..

Also the djinn spell is just a poor excuse

If you mean by "plenty of Triss" her only standing there and saying "Well?" then sure there was a lot of Triss (lol)

I guess i just hadn't had a chance to complain about it as much as i wanted to,back then,so i just can't resist not to complain now :)
But regarding the topic.Even though i had enough of Triss for a lifetime,i have nothing against her getting more content,as long as other characters get some too.

Good morning everyone. I just caught up and it seems like we strayed a little but got back to the topic at hand.

Zyvik we understand what you went through. That is why we need yours and everyone else's help in our quest to make this right so it is not repeated in the Witcher 3. Meaningful choices that actually matters and have consequences is what we are asking g for not half asset connection that doesn't take the player choice into account.

We want our choices to have an impact in the game instead we get an end slide with narrative. Meaningful impact on the dialogue and some consistancy. In its current state the game progress without any impact from MAJOR DECISIONS Geralt made.

I was trying to forget about missing redhead part of this game and play once more with Yen. And I just can't. For me this game is masterpiece without a soul, a beautiful body without a heart. I'm not able to love this game.

CDPR say something, we're waiting.

That's being overly dramatic. Regardless of what you think about the romance options in the game, for Geralt, flatly calling the game soulless and heartless does nothing but manage to undermine your opinion.

They could have easily made Triss another mother figure, the whole old sis thing is just weird (in the books it might have been fitting since Triss was never a real love interest for Geralt)

If you mean by "plenty of Triss" her only standing there and saying "Well?" then sure there was a lot of Triss (lol)

Yea in all honesty I couldn't care less about the whole family dynamic between Yen/Triss/Geralt/Ciri. Yen being a mother figure, Geralt being a father figure, and Triss being a sister figure is all based on their treatment towards Ciri. It's not like it's a literal relationship or anything. I think Philipa mentioning it was just her trying to get under Geralt's skin. Also Ciri is grown up so imo she doesn't really need parent figures anymore.
Again just my opinion.

Triss doesn't need to be a mother figure. Ciri is an adult not some babe in swaddling unable to accept the personal relationships choices of Geralt/Triss/Yen.

Yes i don't see how anyone can claim Triss standing around saying well and being completely absent for most of Kaer Morhen could be described as plenty of Triss.

Last edited:
I like that idea of a little quest at KM. Again, there's many ways in which they can implement more dialogue/small quests or cutscenes to make the whole romance part flow better in connection to the main storyline with ciri, I think that's what we're all asking for

Honestly Triss isn't even Triss in TW1 (basically a lame Yen rip off) and I never choose her there

And that's even worse.I want Yen,not some poor imitation of her.Nothing can be worse,than Alvin,though.He was supposed to be a substitute for Ciri,and some people even said,that he's like a son to Geralt,but the game didn't even bother to properly develop Geralt's relationship with him.

In my opinion:
  • if Geralt break up with Yen and romance with Triss, Yen should be broken-hearted or accept the fact that theirs relation was continuing only thanks to a djinn spell and then is more plot Geralt&Triss needed
  • if Geralt choose to romance with both (Yen and Triss) there should be shown in KM1 and KM2 atmosphere of jealousy about Geralt beetween ladies and both should try to fight for Geralt's feelings. Currently before "triangle" they said that theyhad been arguing about Geralt and fighting for him for a long time but they really didn't do it. There is no interaction beetween Yen and Triss in the game. In KM1 and KM2 Geralt's decision should have an impact with whom he will stay
  • Ciri really don't care about if Geralt is with Yen (Ciri's "mum") or Triss (Ciri's "older sister") or neither of them
  • Ciri don't care at all about her "older sister" Triss, they have one short interaction
  • Triss tourturing by hunters should have more consequences like pernament scars or even death if Geralt interrupt too late. f.e. Menge has some interesting information about Ciri or just bluff about something really important for Geralt and in this same time Triss start screeming for Geralt's help personally because hunters are trying to do something horrible

Other:
  • after Radowid died nothing happend in Redania. Geralt should be most wanted man after his participation in king's assassination by Radowid followers (guards and hunters)

CDPR announced that 2016 will be dedicated for W3 improvmets so I hope they will use our's ideas to make W3 extended edition.

And that's even worse.I want Yen,not some poor imitation of her.Nothing can be worse,than Alvin,though.He was supposed to be a substitute for Ciri,and some people even said,that he's like a son to Geralt,but the game didn't even bother to properly develop Geralt's relationship with him.
Then you should blame CDPR 8 years ago...Let's focus on TW3.

I'm in my second playthrough and I gotta say : the love story between Geralt and Triss makes much more sense if you do Skellige before Novigrad. It makes sense even about the relationship with Yen. After all, when the game begins, Geralt broke up with Triss six months ago and is looking for Yen, not Ciri yet. He's in love with Yen or (and that's my point) with his memory of Yen.

Then, everything fits :

Option 1) Geralt finds Yen, they love each other and retrieve their relationship. And when Triss appears, well, Geralt is already committed to Yen and says goodbye to Triss.

Option 2) Geralt finds Yen and wants to retrieve their relationship. But, by spending time with her, he starts to understand that he doesn't feel the same way anymore. After The Last Wish, he breaks up with Yen because he cannot lie to her anymore. Then happens Novigrad. He meets Triss and there's a slow build-up of their story. And finally they end up together.

Both stories are great actually. In one hand, we have an established relationship, very strong. And in the other hand, a fantastic build-up.

I dunno but it makes much more sens than saying "I love you" to Triss, then flirting outrageously with Yen (and possibly sleeping with her during the Unicorn scene wich happen before The Last Wish).

Of course, after you bring Uma to Kaer Morhen, there are deep flaws. But, at least for the ones that happen before KM, we can fix them ourselves by playing in a different order.

I'm in my second playthrough and I gotta say : the love story between Geralt and Triss makes much more sense if you do Skellige before Novigrad. It makes sense even about the relationship with Yen. After all, when the game begins, Geralt broke up with Triss six months ago and is looking for Yen, not Ciri yet. He's in love with Yen or (and that's my point) with his memory of Yen.

Then, everything fits :

Option 1) Geralt finds Yen, they love each other and retrieve their relationship. And when Triss appears, well, Geralt is already committed to Yen and says goodbye to Triss.

Option 2) Geralt finds Yen and wants to retrieve their relationship. But, by spending time with her, he starts to understand that he doesn't feel the same way anymore. After The Last Wish, he breaks up with Yen because he cannot lie to her anymore. Then happens Novigrad. He meets Triss and there's a slow build-up of their story. And finally they end up together.

Both stories are great actually. In one hand, we have an established relationship, very strong. And in the other hand, a fantastic build-up.

I dunno but it makes much more sens than saying "I love you" to Triss, then flirting outrageously with Yen (and possibly sleeping with her during the Unicorn scene wich happen before The Last Wish).

Of course, after you bring Uma to Kaer Morhen, there are deep flaws. But, at least for the ones that happen before KM, we can fix them ourselves by playing in a different order.

I agree with that part as I think a lot of the people on here do. Their quests, triss and yen are very well done up The battle at KM. Once you get there though, the connections are lost and it's very empty feeling. After that point I zoomed through the main quests hoping to get some dialogue about the triss relationship but I was really disappointed. I still put over 100 hours in my first playthrough. But the last half was much less memorable than the first half. Then I was near pulling my hair out at skellige when I got well? Well? Well?... Good luck. (><)

In my opinion:
  • if Geralt break up with Yen and romance with Triss, Yen should be broken-hearted or accept the fact that theirs relation was continuing only thanks to a djinn spell and then is more plot Geralt&Triss needed
  • if Geralt choose to romance with both (Yen and Triss) there should be shown in KM1 and KM2 atmosphere of jealousy about Geralt beetween ladies and both should try to fight for Geralt's feelings. Currently before "triangle" they said that theyhad been arguing about Geralt and fighting for him for a long time but they really didn't do it. There is no interaction beetween Yen and Triss in the game. In KM1 and KM2 Geralt's decision should have an impact with whom he will stay
  • Ciri really don't care about if Geralt is with Yen (Ciri's "mum") or Triss (Ciri's "older sister") or neither of them
  • Ciri don't care at all about her "older sister" Triss, they have one short interaction
  • Triss tourturing by hunters should have more consequences like pernament scars or even death if Geralt interrupt too late. f.e. Menge has some interesting information about Ciri or just bluff about something really important for Geralt and in this same time Triss start screeming for Geralt's help personally because hunters are trying to do something horrible
Triss needs some kind of presence during Kaer Morhen section, the romance needs some kind of reactivity and acknowledgment in the world and Triss herself needs something other than 'well' in the last section of the game.

To me the failure to have any interaction between Yen(excluding the threesome revenge sequence) is a pretty bad oversight. Kaer Morhen was the perfect moment for some kind of confrontation. The earlier choices could have resulted in different sequences.
Triss Chosen, Yen Rejected (Confident defiant Triss meets Angry hurt Yen)
Yen Chosen, Triss Rejected (Humbled dejected Triss meets Smug confident Yen)
Both Chosen (Extra fireworks as both women are confident at that time that they have been chosen)

Ideally there should be some sort of reflection(even just a short one on Bald Mountain) with Ciri regarding who Geralt is with.

Don't agree that torture should have led to death, permanent scars. I think Count Reuven's treasure quest is pretty perfect as it is.

In my opinion:
This too!
Another factor that feels like we are being "pushed" towards romancing Yen, is that about half or even majority of intimate scenes with Triss are just as sweet and beautiful regardless of if you chose her or not.
Triss's dialogue when she shows Geralt she is standing strong with coming to terms of their break up is SO sweet, that you don't "loose" much by not romancing her at all in the game.
Lets see, you get very short variations of the fountain scene where she asks about moving to kovir, a sweet scene true, but short, and then you get the kiss when she confronts you about taking Ciri to the Crones, thats it... every other intimate scene you have with Triss is about your breakup never about rekindling the flame.
Even the earrings scene doesn't change regardless if you romanced her or not (which in this case is imo out of line towards a yen relationship).

If you turn down Yen, no emotional display is seen at all apart from her bed off balcony scene (that happens regardless if you chose yen or not but Yen forgives you automatically if you romance her).
If you DO romance her you actually get to see her personality shift somewhat, she is apologetic of some of her actions, not just to Geralt but to other people as well, she makes the effort to even say "thank you" (shes says it on the bed off balcony scene too)

Last edited:
I agree with that part as I think a lot of the people on here do. Their quests, triss and yen are very well done up The battle at KM. Once you get there though, the connections are lost and it's very empty feeling. After that point I zoomed through the main quests hoping to get some dialogue about the triss relationship but I was really disappointed. I still put over 100 hours in my first playthrough. But the last half was much less memorable than the first half. Then I was near pulling my hair out at skellige when I got well? Well? Well?... Good luck. (><)

100% agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom