Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that this thread is a much larger issue than the politics, although that was pretty shitty in wild hunt as well.

Exactly. I appreciate that they are taking the thread seriously enough to not give a generic response as a filler before they divulge what they really intend to do. I rather have silence than a vague post with no definitive position one way or another. Of course, this is just my preference.

This is also a wise choice because of how popular this thread and others like it are becoming on the forums. They want to avoid the all to popular PR blunders of other developers when it comes to a major component of their game.

They are definitely going to be giving more attention to tech support and questions because those are easier fixes than what we are asking for in this thread overall. Any narrative corrections on ALL levels will require the input and work of all the developers, and that won't happen as long as they are polishing technical aspects of the game.

Last edited:
Yes, but this second topic shows what people are interested in - romance, not in main plot.
I‘m a bit disappointed at main plot either, but it is hard to fix. On the other hand, fixing romance content and side stories could be much easier.

Yes, but this second topic shows what people are interested in - romance, not in main plot.
Friendship and romance is arguably the main subject of the trilogy as a whole. 'Caring' for a digital character might be stigmatized by society, but that doesn't change the fact that's what these games are about, and that it has been an important factor in making these games popular.

Last edited:
Friendship and romance is arguably the main subject of the trilogy as a whole. 'Caring' for a digital character might be stigmatized by society, but that doesn't change the fact that's what these games are about and that it has been an important factor in making these games popular.

True! Fully agree with you!

Without those characters and their personality I would never have kept playing the Witcher series.

Those characters are crucial for the games and in my eyes the most important factor.

Loving them will make you love the world they are living and loving in.

Which actually ends up loving the games.

Friendship and romance is arguably the main subject of the trilogy as a whole. 'Caring' for a digital character might be stigmatized by society, but that doesn't change the fact that's what these games are about and has been an important factor in making them popular.
Absolutely, the Witcher games have, at least for me, always been about its characters, whether you love them or hate them, they make you feel emotionally involved and for a game so focused on story and choices that is essential. Very few games manage to create that bond with its characters, and CDPR did an amazing job, especially with Triss, making her probably my favorite female video game character. For me caring about a video game character is no different than doing so for a character from a TV show, a book, or a movie. As you said it is stigmatized by society, but video games in general are still not accepted as an equal medium in many social groups. Personally i don't really care, but I think that games like The Witcher series in general can contribute to the general acceptance of video games and their treatment as a form of art. While many may disagree, I think that some games definitely deserve to be considered as pieces of art.

Friendship and romance is arguably the main subject of the trilogy as a whole. 'Caring' for a digital character might be stigmatized by society, but that doesn't change the fact that's what these games are about and that it has been an important factor in making these games popular.

I agree completely. These games are more than just killing monsters, they're deep stories with deep and complex characters and situations that people relate to and fall in love with. It's like reading a great book or watching a good movie, with even more immersion because your decision making directly affects the outcome. On a deep level I think you can learn something about yourself based on the decisions you make and the way you play the game.

That's why these issues hit a nerve with so many people and the reason this thread was created in the first place. For those of us who relate to or fell in love with Triss and the Geralt/triss story, these issues ruin the immersion factor and enjoyability of the game. It's still a masterpiece of a game and by far the best I've played. But the lack of reactivity to choosing triss as your romantic choice leaves the second half of the game feeling hollow to a degree. We need more dialogue, more continuity of the relationship throughout the second half of the game once you've made your choice to commit to this lady, more characters recognizing our choice in-game, and a lot more than just "well?" and "good luck" from triss.
So here's hoping they take notice and implement the requests to make this masterpiece feel complete :)

Edit: I think more dialogue for all the main characters would be good, I love all of them, but the main reason for posting here is the triss content or lack thereof, which stood out the most for me and was the biggest let-down. If all they added was triss content I would still be happy with the way the other characters were portrayed, but triss dialogue needs a fix for sure ><

Last edited:
I agree completely. These games are more than just killing monsters, they're deep stories with deep and complex characters and situations that people relate to and fall in love with. It's like reading a great book or watching a good movie, with even more immersion because your decision making directly affects the outcome. On a deep level I think you can learn something about yourself based on the decisions you make and the way you play the game.

That's actually good description of RPG genre.

BTW still hoping to see Kovir DLC in the future, cheers!

I won't lie to you - many issues described in this thread are rooted too deep in existing content to fix them with subtle changes, which means they're very unlikely to get fixed/changed. We'll address what we can with future updates of course, but Enhanced Edition is not being planned right now.

Signature noted.

I understand. Believe me, there are loads of things we'd like to make better / different if we could, looking back at the game now. Some of the issues you're raising were brought up during development, but for various reasons couldn't be addressed at the point we stumbled upon them.

I'm not saying no, and I'm not saying yes - everything is possible, but it depends on our resources and time.

I don't know, he sorta back-peddled away from the topic of actually doing anything later in that thread...I am really on a roller-coaster with all this. One moment I think they are gonna fix stuff and then I am not really sure they haven't allocated themselves to do the two paid expansions and the 16 bits of DLC and they are done!

They are ADAMANT about not doing an EE...that can't be a good thing. No EE means the relatively minor things we are frustrated by have a very slim chance of being fixed. Might be THE reason we haven't seen a RED in here, even to just say "hi"!

BUT then he says this:

Plot foundations, core structure of quests, choices or endings, etc. Presentation of those could be improved though, given the resources.

Arrggh!!! :confused:

I don't know, he sorta back-peddled away from the topic of actually doing anything later in that thread...I am really on a roller-coaster with all this. One moment I think they are gonna fix stuff and then I am not really sure they haven't allocated themselves to do the two paid expansions and the 16 bits of DLC and they are done!

I'm starting to believe they will not address this stuff.

Which makes me very sad since this is such a beatiful game

They are ADAMANT about not doing an EE...that can't be a good thing. No EE means the relatively minor things we are frustrated by have a very slim chance of being fixed. Might be THE reason we haven't seen a RED in here, even to just say "hi"!

BUT then he says this:

Yeah, I'm quite like you. But he's responding about issues far more complex. Politics, narration of Act 3 and so on. And actually he is right, because these are part of the main storyline for which every single change means a lot other changes as well. It's very difficult to fix because it would mean re-writing stuff and what he calls the "core structure".

Back to our topic, I think the Triss content is far more easy to fix, because it's basically just adding stuff and dialogues without changing the main plot, centered around Ciri & Geralt. Both romances are not really part of the main story (Last Wish and Now or Never are secondary quest). It depends of what we can expect. Personally, I don't believe in Kovir DLC and I don't believe Triss making his entrance as a very central character in the final act. To complex to build for them. But I really believe in making a better handle romance after Kaer Morhen by adding one scene or two and just some lines of dialogue by the other characters who recognize your relationship with Triss.

So he said that the team will try to fix what they can fix, depending of the ressources they have and if the issues are not too complex to fix.
And in the other hand, we have the principal issue of a lot of player (Triss content). And this issue can be easily fix (at least if you don't expect too much).

I'm quite optimistic actually. Although, if anyone at RED want to say "hi" on this thread, he's welcome ! ^^

Last edited:
Plot foundations, core structure of quests, choices or endings, etc. Presentation of those could be improved though, given the resources.
While some of the problems we have in this thread could be regarded as 'choice' and/or 'quest' related problems, I feel you're taking his reaction completely out of context. You might be able to use the same argument on some of the ideas we propose here, the majority of our ideas shouldn't be affected by any of these points.

Pretty much agree with @zbum on this.

For me caring about a video game character is no different than doing so for a character from a TV show, a book, or a movie.
For me it's even stronger because you get to identify as the character you play and make the choices for him/her. Games are, when done well, imo a stronger medium to get you emotionally invested.

especially with Triss, making her probably my favorite female video game character.
My #1 most favorite female character ^_^.

BUT then he says this:

I think you misunderstood it, within the latter post he said
Which is exactly what we expect, we expect a better presentation of our choice which happens to be romancing Triss. We don't expect a new variety of IFs in the codes we just expect a better execution of an IF choice. We romanced Triss but the game doesn't acknowledge the checkbox of "if the player romanced Triss" line.
Our choice of romancing Triss only exist in some private interactions with Triss, like the kiss scene after the KM battle. After that point Triss is practically nonexistent even as a character let alone the romance option.

After I played some of Yen romance and I already played Triss romance in my first PT, this is how I feel like the game executes my choice

I forgot to add or so that should be "reaction of Geralt and/or people around us". The thing is some people when they comment don't even care if we are together with Yen or not. S/he basically says the same thing regardless of your choice. That's my biggest problem with the story. (Though I didn't do "romance both" option so I'm not sure how the game world reacts if you romance both)

Attachments

• Adsız.jpg
    Adsız.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom