Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest here - I don't know all the things you were asking for (sorry, 400 pages frighten me), but I got the general picture of issue.

From what I've read so far though, from technical/production standpoint - some things could be done, some are too big. All of them would require resources though, and I can't promise we'll get them (simply, because it's not my decision).
Thank you for your support and taking the time to address us :)

The Witcher 3 is my favorite game. I've never been so engaged in a game's story and characters like this one but there's a glaring problem with the lack of interaction with Triss at some points and not enough acknowledgment by other characters of her relationship with Geralt. I realize that it would be very costly to rehire a number of voice actors for all the supported languages just for a few lines but if Triss is in the upcoming expansions and the voice overs have yet to be recorded there should be an opportunity to have some extra lines done. Please, as you can see, CD Projekt RED, this is very important to us.

- I changed my avatar to show my support for the Triss cause -

Edit:

@REDDorigen
If it's too late to get more voice overs done there's another way you can do this -- through gestures. Instead of getting the "Well?" response from Triss you could enter a dialogue with her but instead of a choice of sentences you would have a choice of simple gestures like giving her a kiss, holding her and maybe she could give an affectionate expression. I'm sure some simple lines could be reused if needed. Little things like that would go a long way in improving the situation. I'm sure we can come up with even more cost-effective ideas that can be very doable on your end.

Last edited:

The Witcher 3 is my favorite game. I've never been so engaged in a game's story and characters like this one but there's a glaring problem with the lack of interaction with Triss at some points and not enough acknowledgment by other characters of her relationship with Geralt. I realize that it would be very costly to rehire a number of voice actors for all the supported languages just for a few lines but if Triss is in the upcoming expansions and the voice overs have yet to be recorded there should be an opportunity to have some extra lines done. Please, as you can see, CD Projekt RED, this is very important to us.

i wonder if voice over isn't already recorded for the dlcs that they are planning, from Doug Cockle's interview it seemed like he has already moved on from Geralt and is working on other projects. So if VO for all upcomming content is already done, then there is no chance that what we're asking is going to be addressed.

It is most happy morning since I joined this forum and especially this thread.
Will be waiting devs responce after their office meating.
I hope it is possible to extend exiting dialogues with Triss and make new ones in KM and Skellige.

---------- Updated at 08:09 AM ----------

i wonder if voice over isn't already recorded for the dlcs that they are planning, from Doug Cockle's interview it seemed like he has already moved on from Geralt and is working on other projects. So if VO for all upcomming content is already done, then there is no chance that what we're asking is going to be addressed.
Keep faith for possitive outcome.

Hope springs eternal. ;)

It is most happy morning since I joined this forum and especially this thread.
Will be waiting devs responce after their office meating.
I hope it is possible to extend exiting dialogues with Triss and make new ones in KM and Skellige.
while not much was said that will really confirm any real triss content as yet.. i do take from another thread and topic basically a guy from CDPR said we don't do nothing unless we do it right!! ..
so while I'm all for triss content be it said that im in the mind set now of please fix the dialog more so than a few quests!!
i don't even care if they spanned 100 hours with triss if there not dealing with the mess after uma quest and getting to KM to give a more fluent TRISS love storyline then its not being done right!! SORRY

Last edited:
Wasn't there more Triss content but it got cut? Just a vague memory of the leaked content from before. I suppose it's probably a technical reason rather than anything intentional done writing-wise.

Well, I'm curious to see what happens as a result of this thread. I'm on the Team Yen boat, but Triss was such a cool character. She did just kind of *appear* at Kaer Morhen which felt a little weird. I don't expect much though, but wow this thread is very promising.

I was not expecting CPR to drop the ball on this and so hard. I never expected CPR to care so little for one of the main characters of the games.

And yes I am not going to buy any new Witcher 3 content until this and the horrible, boring and repetitive sex scenes with the main characters are fixed. The two things I was sure you would do better than Bioware and you screwed them up.

Wasn't there more Triss content but it got cut? Just a vague memory of the leaked content from before. I suppose it's probably a technical reason rather than anything intentional done writing-wise.

Well, I'm curious to see what happens as a result of this thread. I'm on the Team Yen boat, but Triss was such a cool character. She did just kind of *appear* at Kaer Morhen which felt a little weird. I don't expect much though, but wow this thread is very promising.
while I'm team triss obviously:) i do love yen and liked her play through while this is the triss home i will say its a shame that we really didn't get more time to really learn about yen 2 games to 1 .. i guess why they cannoned yen as the love interest this time around.. i do hope they both get more content ..BUT i really think like I've said we need a fluent decent triss / geralt love story first from uma quest to KM and beyond!!

interesting times and we've has some RED feed back so its promising !!

---------- Updated at 06:10 AM ----------

Edit:

@REDDorigen
If it's too late to get more voice overs done there's another way you can do this -- through gestures. Instead of getting the "Well?" response from Triss you could enter a dialogue with her but instead of a choice of sentences you would have a choice of simple gestures like giving her a kiss, holding her and maybe she could give an affectionate expression on her part. Little things like that would go a long way in improving the situation. I'm sure we can come up with even more cost-effective ideas that can be very doable on your end.
just dub any f.ckers voice over it along as we get to see more triss!!! i jest i jest!! that would be soooo funny when she turns up to KM ..
triss says hey sis to ciri
yen kisses geralt
then a mans voice for triss says ohh no you didn't!! and slaps her!!

and don't worry if bEAware can give us a plot hole ridden 4 colour different ending and call it artistic integrity you can get a homeless bum to do the voice overs and still get away with it :)

Last edited:
Alright 400 or so pages longer we finally get a response... best news even though nothing is confirmed yet, anyway keep up the good work everyone :)

Alot of the issues presented in the OP are voice acting issues, and from what @REDDorigen said sounds what he meant by "resources" I guess. Fixing it would probably require getting the voice actors back in studio and then re-animating those scenes. It sounds really messy and makes me queasy just thinking about it.

I hate to be that guy in the room and kill the good spirits, but I'd be fine with DLC quest with Triss or a future expansion pack on Kovir. That's a bit more realistic IMO.

Last edited:
I have a question about Triss, why did she split up with Geralt at the end of W2 and what was she doing between W2 and W3? I don't think the game explained it

I have a question about Triss, why did she split up with Geralt at the end of W2 and what was she doing between W2 and W3? I don't think the game explained it

Redemyr already explained it in his previous post, OP really need to update this one to the first post :D
I've been trying to search with a reason why this story moved me as much as it did.

And it got me thinking. Throughout our life, there are several people who, if the circumstances align themselves, we would get along, get together and in time, develop feelings like affection, love, among others. And there are some circumstances that would prevent such a thing from happening.

Chief among the later is that, when somebody new enters your life and there’s already a preexisting bond with someone else, that new person will have a very hard time entering your life so to speak.

As an example, I’ll bring up my own, albeit limited, experience in the matter. I met my current girlfriend in college, about eleven years ago. Yet at the time, I was with somebody else and so was she. I certainly liked her, and in hindsight, I learned that she did too, but there was never any intentions of us becoming a thing, because, as I said, we were both locked up in that department. It took a special set if circumstances that I won’t elaborate here for us to actually say, let’s give it a try. And ten years later, we’re still together. Yet there were so many things that could have prevented that.

Back on topic, considering that Geralt and Yen have been together for 10-15 (correct this part please) years by the time Triss enters the picture, their special on and off toxic relationship, the strong feelings they have for each other and a freaking djin made magical bond with uncertain properties on top of everything, Triss never stands a chance.

No matter how much better she might be for Geralt or not, there is simply no way, there is no room for her to enter his life in a significant way. That place is already taken. She is relegated to watch their relationship from afar. First with jealously born out of a childish whim. Later with true affection. It has no relevance though, as the man she loves will never give their relationship a chance, because his heart is taken, magically and otherwise. I’m no expert in the books so I’m not sure for how long this goes on.

Which brings us to the end of the books and the beginning of the games. Those rare and special set of circumstances I talked about earlier, which make it possible for two people to find out if something between is truly possible, are suddenly there.

And here we have this woman, who was forced to watch from the sidelines, to taste but never to keep, to envy, to crave. Finally that alignment of circumstances happens, and she has a chance. The very first real one and probably the only one she will ever get.

That chance implies a choice, she can either remain ever in the sidelines or risk everything to find out if their love deserves a chance to be born. In a way, her own, “Now or Never” moment.

So she chooses. And who can blame her? Who, honestly, could say they would have done otherwise?

As it turns out, she was completely right. Unhindered by external circumstances, their relationship grows strong. They go from strangers (at least in his mind), to casual lovers, to let’s run away from everything together and rose of remembrance level love in the span of a few months.

Yet the conditions that allowed such bloom, the blank state that made it all possible, doesn’t last much. The old barrier is back. One party confused and the other already in her own mind defeated, they decide to part ways. The first, because he needs to make sense of his own feelings, the later, because she already knows what’s coming, she’s seen it many times in the past and needs to make herself stronger in order to bear it.

They set off, one in search of answers and the other looking for a new purpose. Six months later, fate reunites them once again. He is still confused; she is almost ready to move on. Their brief interactions are enough to rekindle the old flames and yet, none of them admits it openly. One because her heart won’t bear the disappointment of losing him again, the other because he is not willing to go deep enough into his own self find to find an answer.

On the docks, when the moment of truth approaches, when they realize they might never see each other again, pretense has no place anymore. He finally admits his feeling and she in turn, doesn't move on, doesn’t leave. The two of them are finally free to love each other.

He has the answer he’s been searching for, and she is no longer afraid. They know their choice won't make everyone happy and that there will be a fallout from this, people disappointed. And yet, they've walked a very long and hard road to finally find what they truly wanted. They are not willing to ever let it go again.

This is the one true love story of the witcher series, one born out of true feelings, one born out of desperation and bravery, of hard choices, the one we saw with our own eyes develop and that you, the devs, created for us. It is your own baby. Please give it the place that it deserves.

@Redemyr i already translate this one to my native language and post it in another forum, hope u don't mad :D. I never see anything explain Geralt and Triss relationship better than your ;)

Last edited:
Alot of the issues presented in the OP are voice acting issues, and from what @REDDorigen said sounds what he meant by "resources" I guess. Fixing it would probably require getting the voice actors back in studio and then re-animating those scenes. It sounds really messy and makes me queasy just thinking about it.

Well, resources means money. Plain and simple. He's saying everything costs money. Which is true. They have to pay animators, voice actors, programmers, and whatever else. The more work required to implement a change, the more money it will require. That is when the people paying for it will analyze how much it costs and the likely return numbers. So, if it costs $10,000 dollars of man hours to change something and they don't get any return for it because it was released in a patch, then that will affect the likelihood of such a change. If the developers can convince the producers that it's important, no matter the cost, to the integrity of the game, they might fund it anyways. I understand that CDPR has a unique relationship with their publisher(s) though so this might not be the case.

We just need patience. We will eventually hear an official response with details about their plans. Until then, there's no reason to get discouraged. :p

---------- Updated at 07:59 AM ----------

Redemyr already explained it in his previous post, OP really need to update this one to the first post

I agree that it's a great read but I don't really know if it belongs in the OP. It isn't entirely relevant to the main point of this thread. :X It's just their background story put a really nice way.

I have to be honest here - I don't know all the things you were asking for (sorry, 400 pages frighten me), but I got the general picture of issue.

From what I've read so far though, from technical/production standpoint - some things could be done, some are too big. All of them would require resources though, and I can't promise we'll get them (simply, because it's not my decision).

Nice to get an official presence, fully understand that nothing can be promised.
I'd gratefully accept any new Triss content but for me personally something in and Around Kaer Morhen recognising Triss choice(especially as you have the Yen kiss which seems to do the opposite) and something in Skellige in last act are the 2 hotspots as things currently stand.

I agree that it's a great read but I don't really know if it belongs in the OP. It isn't entirely relevant to the main point of this thread. :X It's just their background story put a really nice way.

He can add it in the Bonus section which now have only 2 picture :D

This one should help the player from Witcher 2 to understand what the hell happen to Triss and Geralt between Witcher 2 and 3 ;)

Redemyr already explained it in his previous post, OP really need to update this one to the first post :D

@Redemyr i already translate this one to my native language and post it in another forum, hope u don't mad :D. I never see anything explain Geralt and Triss relationship better than your ;)
Now it all makes sense, thanks for posting. I wonder why they didn't talk about it in the game, I guess it's just another 'inconsistency' to add to the list for Triss.

Now it all makes sense, thanks for posting. I wonder why they didn't talk about it in the game, I guess it's just another 'inconsistency' to add to the list for Triss.

Nah, if you look closely to Triss reaction when first meet Geralt in the game, some quest with her after this, we can already imagine about the gap between two games ourself :D

It's official, Geralt prefers Triss (skip to about 34:16): https://youtu.be/GTsy43v2wIA

Deep down everyone loves Triss but some people refuse to acknowledge it. Her relationship with Geralt is a thousand times better than Yen relationship with Geralt.

It honestly seems like the spark is not there anymore with Yen and Geralt or it wasn't true love to begin with. It seems like the only thing binding them was the jinn and without the jinn magic that flame will die, at least from Geralt's point of view.

Yen and Geralts hearts are in two separate places, that's why they are always breakibg up and then trying to get back together only to breakup up again. In his relationship with Triss, Geralt finally found someone he could truly be happy with.

Her relationship with Geralt is a thousand times better than Yen relationship with Geralt.

Earlier in the video Doug actually said something similar. He likes the dialogue between Triss and Geralt a lot since they have a mutual affectionate relationship without the baggage of Geralt and Yennefer's relationship.

Don't worry, I'm on team Triss since the books. ;)

In any case, this was brought to my attention earlier. I didn't answer here before simply because I can't promise you anything - but I already elaborated on that in the politics thread. Be sure that I'm aware of the issue though and that I will bring it up in the office.

Thank you for giving us hope!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom