Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found out from tech support if triss not saying anything other then well? In skellige is a bug or not? I saw a guide saying that if you have a romance option, then they'll meet to talk about your future together, right before the final battle. Does this happen if you romance yennefer?

Has anyone found out from tech support if triss not saying anything other then well? In skellige is a bug or not? I saw a guide saying that if you have a romance option, then they'll meet to talk about your future together, right before the final battle. Does this happen if you romance yennefer?

I also thought it was a bug. But I also thought the entire game was a bug and fucked up the save import. Since all I saw was Roach Roach Roach, I thought maybe the game made a mistake and believed I had done Roach's path in W2 when I didn't. Turns out that what you did in w2 just doesn't matter -.-

I also thought it was a bug. But I also thought the entire game was a bug and fucked up the save import. Since all I saw was Roach Roach Roach, I thought maybe the game made a mistake and believed I had done Roach's path in W2 when I didn't. Turns out that what you did in w2 just doesn't matter -.-

Yeah I didn't think it was a bug either >< but the quest guide did say that :( I was pretty frustrated when nothing happened.

Anyways, more triss!

I did see a streamer who romanced Yen and had a scene with her in a tent discussing their future and having a nice moment before the final battle. Was there supposed to be one for Triss too??
:sad:

You mean Roche?... :p

---------- Updated at 07:09 AM ----------

I did see a streamer who romanced Yen and had a scene with her in a tent discussing their future and having a nice moment before the final battle. Was there supposed to be one for Triss too??
:sad:
I think the equivalent content for Triss is the fountain scene, talking about the future in Kovir.

Gotta be honest i am not happy with Triss in witcher 3 at all, she has been gimped. From her model to her voice actor, to having less interaction and romance scenes it almost feels like they are steering you to yennefer on purpose. How can she look worse than 2? I dont care if its subjective its almost a different character.

Last edited:
Speaking of the fountain scene, I remember Triss saving the "details" of their plans in Kovir for later, right before they go look for Philippa. Feels like the boat in Skellige could've been a decent place to have that conversation, seems kind of unfair to other characters seeing how their dialogue options remain roughly the same throughout the game, but still seemed a little bit off to me.

Gotta be honest i am not happy with Triss in witcher 3 at all, she has been gimped. From her model to her voice actor, to having less interaction and romance scenes it almost feels like they are steering you to yennefer on purpose. How can she look worse than 2? I dont care if its subjective its almost a different character.

:rly?:

Has anyone in this group romanced Yenn? If so, do you still get "Well?" in Kaer Trolde? I'm tempted to play again for curiosity sake but can't bring myself too :(

From her model to her voice actor

Wot
Her model is much better than the one in the Witcher 2 and her voice actor is the same and she has improved over the years.

vs

Last edited:
Has anyone in this group romanced Yenn? If so, do you still get "Well?" in Kaer Trolde? I'm tempted to play again for curiosity sake but can't bring myself too :(

I romanced Yennefer at my second playthrough and yes, you still have "well" from Triss at the last part of the game.

Sorry it took so long it was 4 am when I lasted posted Australia time :)

Ok so it says " Yennefer embraces and kisses you, whether you are romantically involved with her or not"

"Triss exchanges pleasantries with you, more knowingly if you are romantically involved with her at this time."

"Triss and Yennefer look at each other if you've decided to court both ladies, and not choosen a romantic interest."

Doesn't say that you get to directly talk to them though.

Yeah, that's pretty the same in my french guide, but clearly, I don't remember anything close to "Triss exchanges pleasantries with you, more knowingly if you are romantically involved with her at this time." in my playthrough. So maybe...

I understand your feeling I was very frustreted that most of my choices had any impact in the game but you got a little too far as they did the job better than most other AAA RPG. Look at Mass Effect..... Well? The last choice from ME2? Where it goes? Vanished. In Witcher 3 they did something very good with Letho if you didn't kill him.
Of course I wish they did more camoe like Bioware but the witcher 3 give me the feeling they had to make a lot (too much maybe) of hard choices during the process of development.

Yeah, that's pretty the same in my french guide, but clearly, I don't remember anything close to "Triss exchanges pleasantries with you, more knowingly if you are romantically involved with her at this time." in my playthrough. So maybe...
I wonder was the guide written based on a developed "original " game? It's weird they cut this scene.

I wonder was the guide written based on a developed "original " game? It's weird they cut this scene.

It seems weird to me as well. With the "Well ?" at Kaer Trolde, we have two situations that should be different, according to the guide.

Not sure it's metioned before, but did you guys know that Keira Metz (If alive) after the end game, is in Kaer Morhen? Can't pin point the exact location but she's south of the keep with alchemy supply icon. In spite of her decision to go on with Lambert. She has no new dialogue options if you exclude the one talking about her decision to go with Lambert. She also sells alchemy ingredients. It's a bit weird if you ask me. Dunno but thought it was worth mentioning.

She looks much better and more realistic to me. The same voice actress played her (for the english language I don't know about the others) and I love her voice and prefer it very much over the actress who played Triss in the first Witcher game.

The most memorable parts of the game for me were in Novigrad with Triss. I did a lot of quests in White Orchard and Velen leveling up and getting ready and I was really looking forward to seeing her. I got to her place, she wasn't there, finding the rose of rememberance left behind and wilted and that she and Geralt had split up was hard to take. When I finally found her I did my best to win her back. Then at the docks as she was getting ready to leave I thought I had failed but it turned out that I had not. That was great writing up to that point. The quests that involved Triss were really engaging. I don't know what happened after that and why the character became an afterthought until the fountain scene. One or two more scenes like that one to fill the gaps and this thread probably would never have existed in the first place.

I keep thinking about it and isn't there a part in W2 where Philippa takes the Rose to help Saskia? And she keeps telling you to hurry before the rose dies?

Could explain why the rose is dead maybe?

She looks much better and more realistic to me. The same voice actress played her (for the english language I don't know about the others) and I love her voice and prefer it very much over the actress who played Triss in the first Witcher game.

The most memorable parts of the game for me were in Novigrad with Triss. I did a lot of quests in White Orchard and Velen leveling up and getting ready and I was really looking forward to seeing her. I got to her place, she wasn't there, finding the rose of rememberance left behind and wilted and that she and Geralt had split up was hard to take. When I finally found her I did my best to win her back. Then at the docks as she was getting ready to leave I thought I had failed but it turned out that I had not. That was great writing up to that point. The quests that involved Triss were really engaging. I don't know what happened after that and why the character became an afterthought until the fountain scene. One or two more scenes like that one to fill the gaps and this thread probably would never have existed in the first place.

I think she looks amazing and I LOVE her voice actor. I agree that the Triss quests in Novigrad were amazing its too bad they completley dropped the ball in act 3 as far as Triss is concerned especially if she was your romance choice. It is such an amazing game its just a pity that act 3 leaves anyone who romances Triss with such a bad feeling, almost ruins the game.

What they should have done is sprinkle some quests throughout act 3 that included your romance option, sadly I dont think they can fix it without doing an enhanced edition and revamping the whole romance arc by adding brand new quests, cut scenes, and dialogue options and I am not holding my breath for that. If it even happens it wont be for a very very long time.

I'm sitting outside Novigrad on my second playthrough in death march, I dont want to touch novigrad because i know its the last time I can see Triss behaving like a human being, just dont know if I can deal with the whole robot Triss of act 3 again....

May just have to put Witcher 3 on a shelf and forget about it until something like an enhanced edition fixing the romance arc's ever happens. Such a shame. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom