Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point exactly, when new players meet Yen the immediate impression is, he look for her? She hot but her attitude sucks. When they meet Triss it's like bubbly feeling all the time.

During the game you can see the flame in Geralt and Triss relationship reignite. You can see their hesitations, hurt and confusion. None want to say something they I'll regret. Slowly Geralt and Triss love for each other spills over on the Docks of Novagrad.

She promise to be by his side but for some reason the Dev felt it wasn't necessary to keep that promise. By his side mean by his side.

Yen first impression i had? Run,Geralt,Run!!!....

Doesn't matter if you pick Yen or Triss, either choice should be reflected by the other characters in the story...as it stands I do no believe they do.
- then why you are asking only about Triss? Take away Triss from the name of this thread. And remove this poll. It would be fair enough then, don't you think? As it is now I see only Triss demands. But when someone point you to this you start talking about other characters.

I don't see this as a story of reuniting father and daughter. This is a story about Geralt and the end of his journey - that father-daughter plot is simply the backdrop, the driving force. Many of the choices you make are supposed to have lasting impact on the world. Laying down tracks for how Geralt's life (and others') is supposed to play out after the credits roll. I don't want less Yen. I don't want her removed from the main plot and replaced with Triss. But explain this to me: in the final act she is little more than window dressing, is there any good reason for this? And while answering this, keep in mind that the devs wrote the story of the first two games to have Triss be a major character, a trusted member of Geralt's inner circle, regardless of the player's romantic intentions.
- if this isn't story about Geralt and Ciri why all possible ends are decided in action between Geralt and Ciri? Don't delude yourself like me when I was playing my firs time. I was thinking Yennefer will play bigger part in this story. But in the end it was about Geralt and Ciri. In the final act... in the final act there is only Geralt and Ciri fighting Wild Hunt all other characters are background on the battlefield. And it doesn't matter if it you love interest or friend or soemone else. So make right conclusion from this. Not just I wanted to see Triss there and bad devs didn't show her to me. Ask yourself why they didn't show it and was she so important for this story. Was you romace choice changing in this story between Geralt and Ciri something? I guess not. But you wanted to hear from other character that you and Triss are couple. What this will change in story of Geralt and Ciri. In fact nobody is saying that Geralt and Yennefer are couple. Or just because Triss was in first two games devs should make more options for her? Ok. Let's who got most screen time in this game. 1 place Geralt 2 Ciri you still think Yennefer or Triss are important for this story? Or you want to think you love interest must be important for the story?

Sure, it's the dev's choice to include what they included and not include what they didn't but I don't think it holds true to the mission statement they laid out for themselves. That there are no right or wrong choices. Only choices with consequences. Our choice of choosing Triss doesn't seem to have a lot of consequence except for the epilogue and ending slide. There should be more consequences associated with this choice, a rather important one in my opinion. Some more fallout with Yen. Some recognition from the other characters. A small change to the sequence of events as they play out toward the end. Like having an extra quest in Battle Preparations in which your LI of choice accompanies you. Basically I am trying to say that the game doesn't seem to care one way or another until the epilogue and that seems to be in contrary to everything else experienced throughout the game.
Exactly maybe debs are showing to you that this choice isn't important for the story. There is no difference with whom you would be Yennefer or Triss you must save Ciri. That is the important thing.

Regardless of who you choose to be with, the game progress as if you and Yen are still a couple and in a romantic relationship.
Funny thing - do you even played Yennefer romance way in this game? Because no one is saying that you are a couple instead all are asking what is between you and Yennefer. Random people in Skelige do this. Witchers in Kaer Morhen do this. Triss ask you about this but no one ever says that you and Yennefer are couple.

Seing Triss around Geralt is not enough especially when all you get out of her is well?
Same with Yennefer. You can talk with her about Wild Hunt after Last Wish quest and that's all. But of course you don't know about this... I'm not surprised.

You argument are going in circles, my original post said nothing about Yen and Triss having the same dialogue
- forget about this it was a bad example I didn't mean same dialogue you missunderstand me.

Read the thread in its entirety and you will see that many book readers, non book readers and even hardcore Yen fans acknowledge the wrong on how Triss character is handled.
- not many if you will count. And among them 80% are those who simply hate Yennefer.

This thread started because, the game is full of inconsistencies with the choices you make especially if the player decide to pursue a relationship with Triss instead of Yen.
What is wrong exactly in Triss romance... I'm playing second time and so far I don't see any big difference. Completed Novigrad and Skelige main quests.

Hey everyone,

I'm glad to find this thread. I was thinking the interaction with Triss were a little bit odd after KM, but I thought maybe that was because she's an optional character and I guess that wasn't priority number one when it got short in time. But it's nice to see that others felt the same way, and of course I wouldn't mind more Triss content. (And, I would pay for it.) But let's not forget that we are having this feeling because they made such a fin job with this game. The lack of Triss reaction is just a lack because they crated a beautiful story around her in Novigrad. I for my part wasn't expecting much when I started playing. But they totally got me hooked up with the Triss/Geralt relationship right away. So, thank you not only for this brilliant game but for this beautiful characters as well!

IMSHnO

Triss+Geralt = Happy relationship/ perfect fit. (All Good)

Yen+Geralt = Not alway happy relationship, not so good fit (Not all bad)

I want to test this theory so bad, have someone play the game who has no background in the witcher world, I am almost certain they would pick Triss. Is there anyone like that in here?

I started playing this game without any knowledge of the books or the previous games. Long story short, for me the Yen/Geralt relationship is about passion while the Triss/Geralt relationship is about romance. And I'm going for romance.
And the last wish quest with the djinn felt for me like the ideal point to break up with Yen, although it was pretty hard and heartbreaking... but it felt right after Novigrad and the fact that the feelings didn't change for Yen but for Geralt would fit with a djinns trickery work, so... yeah. Anyway. I even enjoyed the little fight afterwards at KM including the dive in the lake, wich took me of guard - I still don't know if this was because of the break up or if it happens anyway, but it fits in quite well. So yes, I was a bit disappointed when there weren't more interactions with Triss regarding your relationship at the Rosmary and especially no interaction at all on the boat. But that was just because the Novigrad stuff was so good... aww... but then again, she was an optional character at this point - if I'm not mistaken, so not priority number one at that point.

But anyway. I gladly take any more content with Triss and I even pay for it. And if there's no such thing, I hope they give us the tools with a RedKit (or whatever it's called) that we can fix it ourselfs, even if this means going through hours of voicefiles, it would be worth it. It would be worth because they made such a great story in Novigrad. Thank you for this brilliant game!

So in the games, Geralt gets the chance to have something real, with Triss, a woman who treats him as he deserves, as an equal and a partner who really loves him unconditionally, so much so that she was willing to step aside should be pick Yen (not like Yen, who, if you choose Triss, has a hissy fit and starts throwing beds out of windows).
If you really see no chemistry with Yen during the Novigrad missions then thats on you I suppose, I was completely drawn in by it, she is such a sweet girl.
As I mentioned in another post, Yen treats Geralt as a subordinate, walking Dildo, to obey her unconditionally and plough her on command.
Why would any reason man or women go back to a partner who treats them like shit and leaves someone who idolize puts them on a pedestal?

2. Fact we like Triss but, it doesn't mean we hate Yen
ohh yes, now I see it.

First off all even if you romance Yennefer she will still throw the bed out of window. Do you even play this game? Or you just hear something somewhere about this game. I will say it again this game is closer to books that previous one. Do you know why she throw this bed out of window? Not because Geralt and Triss were making love in it :b to know this you must read the books. (actually they have never make love in that bed) Do you know anything about Ciri tatoo? When she has done it and in honor of whom? Game isn't explaning all this. And because of this you can and do have wrong opinion on may things. Now you will say that game isn't a book and you can have different story. But devs include this easter eggs in game from books so they might not think this is a different story. Actually with such small detail are made especially for those who had read the books and can enjoy them.

No. But when she is contacting with him she feels strange tickle through her body much more stronger than with Geralt. In fact every Sorceress feels this tickle when she is touching skin of the Witcher. But I guess it's unique for each Sorceress and Witcher. This is from books. And Triss was afrad to touch him because it was too pleasantly ^_^

- then why you are asking only about Triss? Take away Triss from the name of this thread. And remove this poll. It would be fair enough then, don't you think? As it is now I see only Triss demands. But when someone point you to this you start talking about other characters.

- if this isn't story about Geralt and Ciri why all possible ends are decided in action between Geralt and Ciri? Don't delude yourself like me when I was playing my firs time. I was thinking Yennefer will play bigger part in this story. But in the end it was about Geralt and Ciri. In the final act... in the final act there is only Geralt and Ciri fighting Wild Hunt all other characters are background on the battlefield. And it doesn't matter if it you love interest or friend or soemone else. So make right conclusion from this. Not just I wanted to see Triss there and bad devs didn't show her to me. Ask yourself why they didn't show it and was she so important for this story. Was you romace choice changing in this story between Geralt and Ciri something? I guess not. But you wanted to hear from other character that you and Triss are couple. What this will change in story of Geralt and Ciri. In fact nobody is saying that Geralt and Yennefer are couple. Or just because Triss was in first two games devs should make more options for her? Ok. Let's who got most screen time in this game. 1 place Geralt 2 Ciri you still think Yennefer or Triss are important for this story? Or you want to think you love interest must be important for the story?

Exactly maybe debs are showing to you that this choice isn't important for the story. There is no difference with whom you would be Yennefer or Triss you must save Ciri. That is the important thing.

Funny thing - do you even played Yennefer romance way in this game? Because no one is saying that you are a couple instead all are asking what is between you and Yennefer. Random people in Skelige do this. Witchers in Kaer Morhen do this. Triss ask you about this but no one ever says that you and Yennefer are couple.

Same with Yennefer. You can talk with her about Wild Hunt after Last Wish quest and that's all. But of course you don't know about this... I'm not surprised.

- forget about this it was a bad example I didn't mean same dialogue you missunderstand me.

- not many if you will count. And among them 80% are those who simply hate Yennefer.

What is wrong exactly in Triss romance... I'm playing second time and so far I don't see any big difference. Completed Novigrad and Skelige main quests.

OMG I don't like repeating things that were already said dozens of times in multiple post by several people. Thanks for your insight however ill inform they are.

Last edited:
No. But when she is contacting with him she feels strange tickle through her body much more stronger than with Geralt. In fact every Sorceress feels this tickle when she is touching skin of the Witcher. But I guess it's unique for each Sorceress and Witcher. This is from books. And Triss was afrad to touch him because it was too pleasantly ^_^

Yeah, no. She just notices Eskel emanates more magical power than Geralt does, it doesn't have anything to do with touching their skin or whatever.

And I'm not going to read all 500 pages because most of them are about Yennefer been a mean girl while Triss is so sweet. How you can choose Yennefer instead of Triss bla bla bla. I guess it's 1 post from 100 pages where someone actually says something useful on subject. So please tell we what exactly is wrong in Triss romance after Novigrad. Because I don't see any difference as I'm playing right now.

Don't know about you all but I am done entertaining this individual (ajiehb). Please don't feed the troll LiquidState you will be encouraging it to grow.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. She just notices Eskel emanates more magical power than Geralt does, it doesn't have anything to do with touching their skin or whatever.
Actually she does. When she came to Kaer Morhen to teach Ciri she accidentally touch him or he takes her hand. I don't remember but I'm sure they have made skin contact. And she removed her hand very fast not because she didn't like him but because it was too pleasantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom