Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I understand it, the deciding factor is if she has to go see the emperor. Also I am pretty sure you can't take the coin.

You technically can take the coin but it's one of the "bad" decisions. Make too many of those and you get the "bad ending" so your choice of visiting the emperor won't matter too much.

You technically can take the coin but it's one of the "bad" decisions. Make too many of those and you get the "bad ending" so your choice of visiting the emperor won't matter too much.

I will try again tomorrow from a save. Hopefully I don't screw up this time. This game really did a number on me. I have no reason to play it again. So many miss opportunities and inconsistencies makes it impossible to repeat the experience a third time.

I will continue telling myself that Geralt is in Kovir with Triss and wait for the dev to address this somehow.

Last edited:

C'mon cd project do it for her!

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-06-10 00-43-09-40.jpg
    witcher3 2015-06-10 00-43-09-40.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 59

C'mon cd project do it for her!

Nice

---------- Updated at 06:16 AM ----------

Yeah true but, if I skip visiting altogether the witcheress ending happens. I already got that so I wanted to try for the empress ending to get a last Triss scene with everyone else.

This game is so incomplete that it pisses me off thinking about. CDPRJKTRED for some reason decided to follow the footsteps of other devs that made epic errors by ommiting or taking away part of the player experience. Hopefully they can address this soon.

Great game however, the lack of meaniful interactions and romance inconsistencies detracts from what would otherwise be an amazing experience that would have last a lifetime.

Last edited:

I still got to try the empress ending, have a feeling i may like that ending more, still Ciri as empress, Roche making a deal with Emyr and Triss advisor to King Tancred, while Geralt just says screw it and avoid politics when possible lol...it could work out.

---------- Updated at 07:01 AM ----------

This game is so incomplete that it pisses me off thinking about. CDPRJKTRED for some reason decided to follow the footsteps of other devs that made epic errors by ommiting or taking away part of the player experience. Hopefully they can address this soon.

Great game however, the lack of meaniful interactions and romance inconsistencies detracts from what would otherwise be an amazing experience that would have last a lifetime.

My problem stems from the fact that CDPR tend to go 'all out' in the first half of a game (Beaitful world, engaging story and characters) but when they get towards the end of the game, either they don't put too much thought into it or they ran out of resources (maybe both), and sadly when your ending Geralt of Rivia's story in a massive way, you need to have that satisfying conclusion for him and the characters that played a major role in the lead up to the end, and that hurts the overall experience of playing such an amazing trilogy.

Last edited:

I still got to try the empress ending, have a feeling i may like that ending more, still Ciri as empress, Roche making a deal with Emyr and Triss advisor to King Tancred, while Geralt just says screw it and avoid politics when possible lol...it could work out.

---------- Updated at 07:01 AM ----------

My problem stems from the fact that CDPR tend to go 'all out' in the first half of a game (Beaitful world, engaging story and characters) but when they get towards the end of the game, either they don't put too much thought into it or they ran out of resources (maybe both), and sadly when your ending Geralt of Rivia's story in a massive way, you need to have that satisfying conclusion for him and the characters that played a major role in the lead up to the end, and that hurts the overall experience of playing such an amazing trilogy.

Agreed first half of the game = awesome
Last part of the game =epic fail

Meaniful choices =epic fail

Only meaniful choices are the once you make with ciri to get endings.

More Triss, More Triss, More Triss Geralt Merigold

P.s. How is the poll looking in on my cell so I can't see it.

Agreed first half of the game = awesome
Last part of the game =epic fail

Meaniful choices =epic fail

Only meaniful choices are the once you make with ciri to get endings.

More Triss, More Triss, More Triss Geralt Merigold

P.s. How is the poll looking in on my cell so I can't see it.

918 votes, 789 votes in favor of more Triss so it is around 86% at the moment, won't be long before it reaches 1000 votes.

918 votes, 789 votes in favor of more Triss so it is around 86% at the moment, won't be long before it reaches 1000 votes.

Hopefully votes in favor will reach over thousand and continue to grow. I was browsing the net and there are many other discussions out there about Triss or Triss/Yen imaging if those supporters to add their voices here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLsLadTc9f0

This is a clip before the final mission where you get a very nice scene if the player romanced Yen, now as many people here have talked about how Triss doesn't exactly do or say anything at the end, i can only help but wonder why there wasn't a short scene like this put in there right before the final mission. Triss could of came back to Geralt in that tent and said "Please be careful, we have Kovir waiting for us after this, and i will make sure i watch you from the cliffs" or insert your own epic dialogue there.

Obviously i don't want to make this a "it isn't fair" post, but it isn't like a quick one minute scene like that would of taken a lot of resources, in fact it would of been greater motivation for me to play through that final mission instead of me yawning just so i could look forward to the slides at the end. Doesn't help the fact that you can't talk to her on the boat (she says something to Ciri, but nope can't talk to the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with), and honestly the spacing between these kind of scenes is just well....'off' (many other words come to mind but i will just say that).

In fact, i even contemplated letting Keira die by Radovid's hand because of a small side quest that involves Triss (recovering Keira's body) because there just isn't enough for a character like Triss (luckily i didn't do that and Keira rode off with Lambert in my playthroughs), still it shouldn't be like that especially when a small scene here or a bit of dialogue there could of done so much to make it feel like it was connected to Geralt's life and not make it look like romancing Triss was just something on the side like a random side quest.

So this guy on Youtube lied to me....

Triss hooks up with Eskel in the non-canon short story "Something ends Something begins"

It details Geralt and Yennefer's wedding.

---------- Updated at 08:15 AM ----------

It doesn't matter anyway because mods can't add anything to the story. And that's the point of this thread. Having Geralt's story full and complete without any plot holes and broken logic.

*Looks at the STALKER modding elite*

Some of those mods are so canon friendly and have superior storylines to the original game...

Modding, if your community is insane, is a great thing. STALKER's community is fanatical. And I like it that way. I hope Witcher's community can inherit some of that.

*EDIT*
People would do well to remember, that graphical mods are only a small tip of the iceberg. Hyped cause they are easy to market or communicate to people.
But the modding's finest creations rival AAA games and expansions. Which is very funny IMHO.
So it IS a VERY big deal. For me, the BIGGEST deal.

---------- Updated at 08:19 AM ----------

Sorry mods can't fix story and they cant fix dialogue or interaction, they didn't do that in Skyrim either, not to any satisfaction or scale. It would be even much harder to do that in Witcher 3. I don't see how mods could do what fans wants. I also don't want some fan fiction in my game.

Witcher 3 is technically some random Fan Fiction to Sapkowski :( ...

Last edited:
I started a new play-through a few days ago. Went to Skellige before Novigrad to get all the Yen quests out of the way. I took some 4k screenshots with Triss from the first mission with her. Thought you guys might like.

It looks great, thanks for that. I can't bring myself to go through another play through because I don't want to keep playing knowing the same thing is going to happen throughout the game with Triss. I will never say goodbye on the docks and I can't romance Yen, as a character/Ciri adopted mom she's great but I cannot pick her as Geralt's mate.

Until the dev correct the lopsided tilt of the game toward Yen and the inconsistencies in romance choices and make some tweaks in Triss dialogues and interaction with Geralt, my witcher 3 playing days are on hold till expansion and thats only if they contain Triss in a meaniful way.

Will continue to support Triss in here forever.

More Triss, More Triss, More Triss, More Triss, More Triss Geralt Merigold

Some of those mods are so canon friendly and have superior storylines to the original game...

And still it's not a canon. I mean, the videogame is not a canon too. But the main difference between mods and videogames is Sapkowski gave his permission to create those games. Not just gave but sold it for a price. Even if he says it isn't a canon, games still above any mod. Maybe some people enjoy story mods despite canon/non canon, but i can't. Just the idea that it was never happened in the universe give me weird uncomfortable feeling. And it's not very fair to compare witcher and stalker. This is different games with different cores that make you wanna play it. The Witcher is all about story and characters, when the stalker is more about surviving in the zone and gameplay. Remove those cores and you'll hardly wanna play it. But this is just my opinion.

Nice. The Nilfgaardian armor is the same armor I wore, I finished at lvl 34 so used the lvl 10 set for most of the game lol. I think its the best looking except for the starting armor. As for Triss, always beautiful, but just don't like that alt look outfit. When I play again, I need to use that mod someone made that changes her hair only.

#MoreTriss #TeamTriss

Last edited:
And still it's not a canon. I mean, the videogame is not a canon too. But the main difference between mods and videogames is Sapkowski gave his permission to create those games. Not just gave but sold it for a price. Even if he says it isn't a canon, games still above any mod. Maybe some people enjoy story mods despite canon/non canon, but i can't. Just the idea that it was never happened in the universe give me weird uncomfortable feeling. And it's not very fair to compare witcher and stalker. This is different games with different cores that make you wanna play it. The Witcher is all about story and characters, when the stalker is more about surviving in the zone and gameplay. Remove those cores and you'll hardly wanna play it. But this is just my opinion.

Ohh God not this again...

The Video Game is its own canon. That also accepts the book canon. The book canon is its own thing and does not accept the game canon.

Metro 2033 (game) is its OWN canon from the Metro 2033 BOOK.

Sapkowski can say a lot of things. He is not a game developer. So he cant really "school" CDPR.
Witcher (books) have fan fiction. Does he stop it?

I enjoy canon friendly mods. Or total conversion mods. STALKER has a storyline and a canon. 3 very big games and 56 books (some of which have won awards) worth of it...

It looks great, thanks for that. I can't bring myself to go through another play through because I don't want to keep playing knowing the same thing is going to happen throughout the game with Triss. I will never say goodbye on the docks and I can't romance Yen, as a character/Ciri adopted mom she's great but I cannot pick her as Geralt's mate.

I went with Triss first go round and I'm going to pick her again. I went through the Yen missions and don't feel much attachment to her
truthfully I don't like her much at all but that's not the point of this thread
, despite reading the books. But when I got back to Novigrad and see Triss or Zoltan, it's like seeing a friend you haven't seen in a while. CDPR did a great job with the characters in the first half of the game.
I will get more screenshots as I play but I'm pacing myself this go around and spreading certain character arcs over the course of the game. After Kaer Morhen the pacing just feels off. Perhaps we will get at Enhanced Edition to pad out the last act better, like we got with the Witcher 2.

The Video Game is its own canon. That also accepts the book canon. The book canon is its own thing and does not accept the game canon.
Sapkowski can say a lot of things. He is not a game developer. So he cant really "school" CDPR.

Yes. He can't. But he is the Master of this universe and he can raise the video games by saying: "Ok. Now i consider the video game series is a true canon." Or he can ruin everything by releasing a new book that will deny all the games plot. And if he decide to do that, there will be lots of controversies. Because he's still important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom