• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the Conjunction of Spheres?

Well, books and game may be happening in different dimensions of same history.
:p

Yes. He can't. But he is the Master of this universe and he can raise the video games by saying: "Ok. Now i consider the video game series is a true canon." Or he can ruin everything by releasing a new book that will deny all the games plot. And if he decide to do that, there will be lots of controversies. Because he's still important.

Interesting how Glukhovski seems to have none of these "problems".

The games completely override some of his books. Yet he considers them part of his universe AND a different canon.

He cant "raise" the video game. The video games, due to the fall of humanity in the past 30 years, are ALWAYS going to be more popular and important for Western pop Culture than books.
Is it sad? VERY sad. Extremely sad. They ought be equal. But ... well I am a realist :(

---------- Updated at 10:08 AM ----------

Remember the Conjunction of Spheres?

Well, books and game may be happening in different dimensions of same history.
:p

Technically correct :p :D

Interesting how Glukhovski seems to have none of these "problems".

The games completely override some of his books. Yet he considers them part of his universe AND a different canon.

He cant "raise" the video game. The video games, due to the fall of humanity in the past 30 years, are ALWAYS going to be more popular and important for Western pop Culture than books.
Is it sad? VERY sad. Extremely sad. They ought be equal. But ... well I am a realist

Listen, man. I've already told you, no one fan mod can be equal to the video game. This is my opinion. That's why i'm here. I want my scenes and dialogs back. And only CDPR can give them to me.

Further observations from my 2nd play-through:

I seriously feel sorry for Yen...at the point of KM and the Ugly Baby quest, they have done a GREAT job with Yen and her raw emotions. I know I saw some of this the first trip through when I had Geralt romancing her but...now, with Triss in the wings(Now or Never waiting) and now at KM it is the first time Geralt has seen her since The Last Wish and the breaking of the spell. Maybe I am putting too much of my own emotions in the story but it feels right...the way Yen is reacting. I only wish it would continue...

As good as this is, it makes me that much more pissed that they couldn't work in the Triss romance...it would be nice to see the same kind of responses later in the story! I have had Geralt playing the no-nonsense approach to Yen this time through...at THIS point, I have seen ZERO flirty stuff. Sure that will change but....here's to hoping :)

Kaer Morhen was where any sympathy for Yen they'd engendered via Last Wish vanished. Mainly because she became the target of my fury at the refusal to allow either Triss' presence or me any choices to reflect my choice of Triss with the focus being purely on Yen.

Last edited:
This is a clip before the final mission where you get a very nice scene if the player romanced Yen, now as many people here have talked about how Triss doesn't exactly do or say anything at the end, i can only help but wonder why there wasn't a short scene like this put in there right before the final mission. Triss could of came back to Geralt in that tent and said "Please be careful, we have Kovir waiting for us after this, and i will make sure i watch you from the cliffs" or insert your own epic dialogue there.

Obviously i don't want to make this a "it isn't fair" post, but it isn't like a quick one minute scene like that would of taken a lot of resources, in fact it would of been greater motivation for me to play through that final mission instead of me yawning just so i could look forward to the slides at the end. Doesn't help the fact that you can't talk to her on the boat (she says something to Ciri, but nope can't talk to the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with), and honestly the spacing between these kind of scenes is just well....'off' (many other words come to mind but i will just say that).

In fact, i even contemplated letting Keira die by Radovid's hand because of a small side quest that involves Triss (recovering Keira's body) because there just isn't enough for a character like Triss (luckily i didn't do that and Keira rode off with Lambert in my playthroughs), still it shouldn't be like that especially when a small scene here or a bit of dialogue there could of done so much to make it feel like it was connected to Geralt's life and not make it look like romancing Triss was just something on the side like a random side quest.
-that's what I mean when was telling you want same dialogue options for Triss. You just want exactly same scene but with Triss. This isn't about consistency of your choices or something else you just want same scene but with Triss. Though she has her own scene in the end of the game but it's different one. It's just matter of taste that you don't like it. Thanks gods CD Red don't listen to you. I don't want game with the same scenes but different women models. I Don't like the idea that if you romance Triss she will come to you to that tent or if you romance Yennefer then she will come to the same tent instead of Triss. They are different characters and you are trying to force them act like twins.

It looks great, thanks for that. I can't bring myself to go through another play through because I don't want to keep playing knowing the same thing is going to happen throughout the game with Triss. I will never say goodbye on the docks and I can't romance Yen, as a character/Ciri adopted mom she's great but I cannot pick her as Geralt's mate.

Until the dev correct the lopsided tilt of the game toward Yen and the inconsistencies in romance choices and make some tweaks in Triss dialogues and interaction with Geralt, my witcher 3 playing days are on hold till expansion and thats only if they contain Triss in a meaniful way.

Will continue to support Triss in here forever.

More Triss, More Triss, More Triss, More Triss, More Triss Geralt Merigold
- they won't correct anything just because you don't like Yennefer. Triss has her own quests and has her own part in the game. They did great job with her but if you don't like it it's not game problem.

Listen, man. I've already told you, no one fan mod can be equal to the video game. This is my opinion. That's why i'm here. I want my scenes and dialogs back. And only CDPR can give them to me.

And I am telling you this:
You obviously dont know a lot about modding or mods. Simple as.

I am WITH you on the fact that CDPR should do these things and not mods. But I am combating the often EXTREMELY uneducated views some people have on mods.

Kaer Morhen was where any sympathy for Yen they'd engendered via Last Wish vanished. Mainly because she became the target of my fury at the refusal to allow either Triss' presence or me any choices to reflect my choice of Triss with the focus being purely on Yen.
- and there are many logical explanation why they have Yennefer there. But you won't listen because you want Triss to be there.

I am WITH you on the fact that CDPR should do these things and not mods. But I am combating the often EXTREMELY uneducated views some people have on mods.

Ok, I'm listening, so how will moders do this ? They will hire the voices of Geralt, Triss, Yennefer, Ciri and so on ?
Because if you have a scene with dialogue in your mod, you have 3 options :
1) Use existing dialogues and modify by cutting, moving them. But a player who knows the dialogue by hearth will recognize immediately where this line or this line come from. Magic breaks.
2) Use new voice actors, but the voices of the character will change in the new scene. Immersion breaker. Magic is gone.
3) Hire the official voices of the game (good luck if your mod involve Emhyr). Unlikely.

I'm sorry, there are mods out there that are absolutely master pieces, I agree with that (in game like the TES, Stalker, Total War, Mount & Blade).
But actually, there is absolutely no mod when we talk about games that have a strong voiced dialogue component and strong characters : Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher2 and so on.
All those games have great graphics mods or gameplay mods, but no great story mod with strong and great dialogue scenes.

Last edited:

Sadly, modder cant do one thing, hire the same voice actor :(

Yep !

Even if modders go for an amazing work with new or "improved" content regarding romance with Triss/Yen. I want to hear Triss voice. Her cute talking.

And now do that with every language the game supports and aditionally with the same voice actors that were hired for the actual game. Doesnt work I guess.

For me the game still has sooo much potential regarding good and deep story telling quests. Same with those gwent cards. I love playing gwent. So I hope they will keep working on such content and some day on the issue with the romance choices.

But I am combating the often EXTREMELY uneducated views some people have on mods.

Oh my god. I don't care how complicated and huge mods can be. How much time you spare programming it and fixing bugs. I just never consider them as part of the story and the universe. This is so simple idea i can't believe you can't get it. And you telling me about lack of education. I don't wanna comment your posts anymore. Keep this thread straight to the OP.

I believe, in my other playthrough(Yen romance) this trip to KM was the last bit of romantic feeling interaction with Yen. There was one spot later, I think it was RIGHT before the battle when you have the 'what will be do after...' conversation but, as I remember it, Yen was pretty cold and unemotional even with the romance=on with Geralt from KM onward. "The Kiss" upon Ciri's return was an anomaly as it happens no matter the choice of romance...so, can't really count that.

It just points all the fingers(or THE finger) at CDPR writers and especially their QA staff for not catching these kinds of things. It just continues to remind us that CDPR's original intent was to focus Geralt on Yen alone. I think they just ran out of time...I believe in the company, their writers are so good and the QA folks caught most of the major issues. I really think they found all this stuff but there just wasn't time(or motivation...hope it isn't that) to fix it without further delays.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm listening, so how will moders do this ? They will hire the voices of Geralt, Triss, Yennefer, Ciri and so on ?
Because if you have a scene with dialogue in your mod, you have 3 options :
1) Use existing dialogues and modify by cutting, moving them. But a player who knows the dialogue by hearth will recognize immediately where this line or this line come from. Magic breaks.
2) Use new voice actors, but the voices of the character will change in the new scene. Immersion breaker. Magic is gone.
3) Hire the official voices of the game (good luck if your mod involve Emhyr). Unlikely.

I'm sorry, there are mods out there that are absolutely master pieces, I agree with that (in game like the TES, Stalker, Total War, Mount & Blade).
But actually, there is absolutely no mod when we talk about games that have a strong voiced dialogue component and strong characters : Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher2 and so on.
All those games have great graphics mods or gameplay mods, but no great story mod with strong and great dialogue scenes.

This is not the thing modders SHOULD BE WASTING THEIR TIME to do.
This is something CDPR should do. Modders should go on and do new areas or quests or gameplay mechanics. Not have to fix this.

Many of the Russian/Ukrainian/Belorussian STALKER mods have their own voice actors BTW.
So did Black Mesa for when it was a mod.

---------- Updated at 12:07 PM ----------

Technically they can. But it would be too expensive for them. And not something modders should do guys.

---------- Updated at 12:07 PM ----------

Oh my god. I don't care how complicated and huge mods can be. How much time you spare programming it and fixing bugs. I just never consider them as part of the story and the universe. This is so simple idea i can't believe you can't get it. And you telling me about lack of education. I don't wanna comment your posts anymore. Keep this thread straight to the OP.

So if someone were to come and say that they dont care how much time, money, blood, passion and sweat CDPR gave to make these games, the books are the only thing worth a damn (and add a bit of elitism against gaming as a lesser art form just for good measure)... you would be fine with that :( ?

What stops them to make enhanced edition like they did in TW2? They can add more scenes with Triss, Yen, Ciri, more detailed ending (with info of other minor characters like Blood Baron, Keira, witchers, people of the Lodge etc.).

Last edited:
An Enhanced Edition would be awesome, though it'd be a massive undertaking, especially as CDPR are focusing on expansions at the moment,

Last edited:
What stops them to make enhanced edition like they do in TW2? They can add more scenes with Triss, Yen, Ciri, more detailed ending (with info of other minor characters like Blood Baron, Keira, witchers, people of the Lodge etc.).

That would be great and it is always a possibility for them to release one next year, it just comes down to whether they have the resources and the time, as well as whether they want to continue working on this game a little longer. In their last interview, they talked about how more employees are moving onto Cyberpunk, although the core team is still working on the expansions, so yeah always a possibility :)

First of all, I want to thank CD Projekt RED for Witcher series. It is just amazing that such awesome games was made by them Many thanks.
Second, I was really happy, that I was not alone concerned about Triss storyline in the game. Most of things that I've wanted to say was already said by other people. But here is some thoughts of mine.
First one is the interaction between Geralt and Yen in Skellige. Before that Geralt said Triss that he loves her. Then there was this awesome lighthouse scene. But when Geralt meets Yen in Skellige he behaves as if nothing had happened. He is flirting with Yen and the player don't have any possibility to stop it - its like you dont have any choise.
The second thing that makes me sad is that you don't have any possibility to say Yen "It's over, I am with Triss now" before her quest with Djinn. It's like Geralt is still in love with Yen and only after Djinn breaks the spell he could say, that in fact he loves Triss.
But I really belive that CDPR will do something with that in future DLC or fixes.

Last edited:
Triss with anyone but Geralt? The idea is sickening, hey however Eskel and Yen? No I wouldn't wish that on Eskel.

There is a line at KM where Yen tries to 'jab' Geralt by saying she would consider being with Lambert! :) I don't remember her saying that when the romance option was on Yen...at this point, Geralt is unaffiliated so, that might have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom