Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't follow the devs interviews or any spoilery article. I just watched the trailers on youtube once they were released. So there might be things I might have missed but my best guess would be by the end of the witcher 2 they already had the script of Witcher 3 and everything was set in the stone and maybe they didn't expect Triss to become this popular. I realize that many romanced Triss in the first game but not so much to consider as a real rival to the main character as Yen so at that point an option to choose Triss over Yen wasn't on the table but short after Witcher 2 they decided to revise the script and quests. If I'm not mistaken the first Witcher 3 gameplay footage came in 2013 and Witcher 2 was released in 2011 and I know there are a lot work dedicated to witcher 2 between 2011 and 2013 as I know there is an Enchanted Version that I bought. I think revising the script in such periods between two games would cause such inconsistencies regardless of how much effort they put in it.

I just don't think that's a valid excuse. There was a big stink about the Shani treatment in TW2. They would have also been fully aware of the popularity of the Triss character, which they themselves fuelled through secondary media. So sorry but a pretense of being caught off guard by her popularity just doesn't hold water in my eyes. Unless we get a dev statement confirming that they really originally planned to only have Yen then i won't believe it as it would mean the developer dropping huge amounts in my estimation.

I was a little late to the dialogues party a few pages back, here's my humble contribution.

This assumes that Triss arrives with Geralt to KM when they bring UMA:

V: Hello Geralt, Triss.
G: Hey.
T: Hello, old man, missed me?
V: Mmh. Happy to see you. Others, maybe not so much.
(look between G&T)
V: Yeah, she is here, and she threw your old bed down the balcony. (looking at UMA) Who is that, you two have a kid already?
G:I'll explain later, we need to discuss him with Yen.
T:Yeah, where is she?
V: She's set up in your old room. (Looks at the two of the more closely). If my instincts don't fail me, she won't be exactly thrilled to see that you two... Ahh not my business... Just do me a favor and have your little reunion outside, the fortress is battered enough as it is.
G: What?
T: (lauhging)Don't worry I'll behave.

(G&T enter the fortress. They look at the wreckage)
G: It was a good bed.
T: True, not that we ever needed one.

(They enter the fortress and enter the room)
Yen is coughing and cursing as the megascope explodes.
T: Hey Yenna, I see that you made yourself comfortable in MY room.
Y: I'm not in the mood for this shit right now.
T: Bed was causing problems with your communications, that why your threw it out?
G: Triss...
Y: Listen little girl, that bed-
T: Was MINE... actually it was OURS-
G: Triss, the fortress.
T: (draws breath) Fine... Yen, how are you?
Y: (takes a moment to compose herself). "Very good" and you?
T: Managing... Do you know where you are?
G: Triss, enough.
T: Not what I meant. Yen, you do realize you are in KM right?
Y: (Glare)
T: If you had ever been here, you would know Witchers live here-
Y: Your point? Or would you rather end up like this megascope here.
T: My point, Yen, is that witchers use BOMBS, some of them with demirium. If I recall, Lambert was quite fond of-
Y: (Yen understands and interrupts her) I see, in that case, won't you be a good little girl and find them? Here (hands the weird device).
T: Sure why not? Geralt, help me out? I can tell she needs to cool off for a bit.

(both leave)
G: Triss, what the fuck was that?
T: Sorry Geralt, got carried away, reminded me too much of old times.
G: Just be civil, we are all here to find Ciri.
T: I know I know and I'm helping. She didn't have to take over my old room though.
G: She's... Whatever, let's find the dammed things.

Wow.You made Triss so nasty.

I personally find that Geralt is a bit of....

My overall opnion on these is that Triss needs - 1 Scene at Kaer Morhen (either arriving or before the battle) to do with her vs Yen (argument between the two), outcome depends on who was romanced.

-Everyone (Triss, Ciri, Yen) need something to say on the boat in Skellige, even if they say slightly more than "Well?" Yen and Ciri still have nothing really to say. (Regardless of romance)

- Triss and Ciri need a scene together to highlight the "Big Sister" bond.

- 1 Scene before the final battle, in the nilfgaardian tent (if romanced so we can give her back the rose
of rememberance blooming again before the biggest fight of their lives).

And then just general mentions of a Triss romance by other characters, e.g. other Witchers during drunk convo, option to tell Cerys you aren't with Yen etc.

Also feel Dandilion and Zoltan of all people should have a conversation with her or at least mention any romance, they are friends and spent half the game in the same city yet didn't interact once o_0 ???

If CDPR manage to add even half of these I will be happy.

Last edited:
I know we are all angry and dissapointing with the way Triss and other characters but, especially Triss were handled in the game but we need to remember that we are asking CDPROJEKTRED for their support and understanding.

We need to show our support for our character true but, we also need to show our support and appreciation for everything CDPROJEKTRED have done and accomplish.

It would be nice to have a cat fight between the two women but I don't think something drastic that could turn into an all out confrontation is necessary.

Nice to see how passionate and open minded Triss fans in here are. Despite the occasional Trolololo in here, no one took the bait and disrupt the civility of this thread.

Let's continue to show our support and ideas for our character (Triss/Geralt) and also show support/love for CDPROJEKTRED.

More Triss, More Triss, More Triss, More Triss Geralt Merigold

BTW, is anyone try to read what our friends on this forum from Poland and Russia think about whole problem? Maybe we are like-minders?

BTW, is anyone try to read what our friends on this forum from Poland and Russia think about whole problem? Maybe we are like-minders?

Very good point, if I could speak those languages lol, if anyone can I urge you to do this, who knows Red might have responded to them.

---------- Updated at 09:45 PM ----------

Also is that a pic of Duncan from Dragon Age

I just don't think that's a valid excuse. There was a big stink about the Shani treatment in TW2. They would have also been fully aware of the popularity of the Triss character, which they themselves fuelled through secondary media. So sorry but a pretense of being caught off guard by her popularity just doesn't hold water in my eyes. Unless we get a dev statement confirming that they really originally planned to only have Yen then i won't believe it as it would mean the developer dropping huge amounts in my estimation.
Looking at the way somethings handled and what I read on this forum in last few weeks Shani is kind of an example for this. By cutting her off and going with Triss in the second game CDPR makes it obvious that they are following the canon they created (also supported by the fact that old saves don't have any big impact when it's imported) and if you consider they already planned to bring Yen back in the third game it kinda makes sense for them to only consider Yen as canon romance as planned before. I really can't bring myself to believe that CDPR already decided Triss and Yen as romance options prior to script writing yet did such a poor job with quest designs. To me it's like saying Lebron James doesn't know how to dunk. Considering that they were working on the second and third games at the same time between 2011-2013 the changes in the script would require more attention but revising the script was a right decision and I'm not criticising anyone for such thing I think what actually caused the problem was not "revising". I'm pretty sure other parts of the game was also revised for the better. What caused the problem is they probably focused on the main and side quests and other details of the game world that they didn't really put so much thinking into the romance part, the lack of focus I think caused the inconsistencies.

Last edited:
A bit what?

Silent? Yeah, my guess is he would mostly stay away from it. And Triss was the one in the wrong here, at least imo. Geralt>>>bed.

A bit aggresive with Triss, when Yen is hard on Geralt, don't think he would be like what the fuck, but that's my opinion. Good text though

I was a little late to the dialogues party a few pages back, here's my humble contribution.

(look between G&T)
V: Yeah, she is here, and she threw your old bed down the balcony. (looking at UMA) Who is that, you two have a kid already?
V: She's set up in your old room. (Looks at the two of the more closely). If my instincts don't fail me, she won't be exactly thrilled to see that you two... Ahh not my business... Just do me a favor and have your little reunion outside, the fortress is battered enough as it is.

T: Bed was causing problems with your communications, that why your threw it out?
T: My point, Yen, is that witchers use BOMBS, some of them with demirium. If I recall, Lambert was quite fond of-
Y: (Yen understands and interrupts her) I see, in that case, won't you be a good little girl and find them? Here (hands the weird device).
T: Sure why not? Geralt, help me out? I can tell she needs to cool off for a bit.

(both leave)
T: I know I know and I'm helping. She didn't have to take over my old room though.

I have to admit that you have some great stuff but, I also have to say that I think it's out of character for Triss to be so vandictive and mean.

My reason for saying this is even tho she knows she finally won Geralt's heart she also understands the pain of seeing the person you love with someone else even if that someone is a friend.

I can see this happening instead when Yen and Triss are alone.

Triss: Look Yen, I tried to put this all behind me. I was prepared to leave him with you and start over.

Yen: You expect me to believe that Triss? I know how you feel about him

Triss: I love him I can't denied that and I could not bear watching him from the sidelines. I decided to accept an offer in Kovir and start fresh

Yen: So why didn't you?

Triss: I did. During our goodbye in Novagrad, Geralt open up his heart to me. He said he love me and asked me to stay. I promised to be at his side alway and I couldn't not hurt him.

Yen: I know Triss, I don't have to read his mind to know how he feels about you. Take care of our witcher Triss

Triss: I promise to take good care of him

Yen: Wish you both the Triss

OR

Yen: This is the last time we will visit this subject

(look between G&T)

(both leave)

Now thats really interesting. But I really dont know if Triss would react like that. Knowing Yen has enough problems because of Ciri, Geralt broke up with her etc.
She would be patient I think. But the beginning was great ! Facing Yen like that ohh she wont stay that calm.. (portal kick over the lake inc.)

I would say a combination of pissed and smug. She can't be always nice. I'm kind of basing this one the latest conversations between the two women people posted here and elsewhere.

I haven't read the books but from the games I can't see Triss acting like tbh, she doesn't seem the smug type. Not to me anyway.

My overall opnion on these is that Triss needs - 1 Scene at Kaer Morhen (either arriving or before the battle) to do with her vs Yen (argument between the two), outcome depends on who was romanced.

-Everyone (Triss, Ciri, Yen) need something to say on the boat in Skellige, even if they say slightly more than "Well?" Yen and Ciri still have nothing really to say. (Regardless of romance)

- Triss and Ciri need a scene together to highlight the "Big Sister" bond.

- 1 Scene before the final battle, in the nilfgaardian tent (if romanced so we can give her back the rose
of rememberance blooming again before the biggest fight of their lives).

And then just general mentions of a Triss romance by other characters, e.g. other Witchers during drunk convo, option to tell Cerys you aren't with Yen etc.

Also feel Dandilion and Zoltan of all people should have a conversation with her or at least mention any romance, they are friends and spent half the game in the same city yet didn't interact once o_0 ???

If CDPR manage to add even half of these I will be happy.

I was just giving my opinion to my dear friend, Redemyr

*Sigh* Witcher 3 is too good of a game, everything I have tried to play since my second playthrough, feels boring and bland.

Looking at the way somethings handled and what I read on this forum in last few weeks Shani is kind of an example for this. By cutting her off and going with Triss in the second game CDPR makes it obvious that they are following the canon they created (also supported by the fact that old saves don't have any big impact when it's imported) and if you consider they already planned to bring Yen back in the third game it kinda makes sense for them to only consider Yen as canon romance as planned before. I really can't bring myself to believe that CDPR already decided Triss and Yen as romance options prior to script writing yet did such a poor job with quest designs. To me it's like saying Lebron James doesn't know how to dunk. Considering that they were working on the second and third games at the same time between 2011-2013 the changes in the script would require more attention but revising the script was a right decision and I'm not criticising anyone for such thing I think what actually caused the problem was not "revising". I'm pretty sure other parts of the game was also revised for the better. What caused the problem is they probably focused on the main and side quests and other details of the game world that they didn't really put so much thinking into the romance part, the lack of focus I think caused the inconsistencies.

I don't think it makes any sense given the reaction and i can't bring myself to believe CDPR would make such an appalling decision in the first place.
If you want to believe in such theories that's fair enough but there's no evidence of them being true other than conjecture.

I don't think it makes any sense given the reaction and i can't bring myself to believe CDPR would make such an appalling decision in the first place.
If you want to believe in such theories that's fair enough but there's no evidence of them being true other than conjecture.

So do you think they intended to have more content in there but had to cut because of budget or something like that?

Now thats really interesting. But I really dont know if Triss would react like that. Knowing Yen has enough problems because of Ciri, Geralt broke up with her etc.
She would be patient I think. But the beginning was great ! Facing Yen like that ohh she wont stay that calm.. (portal kick over the lake inc.)

Yeah some of those Triss lines didn't feel true to me. I very much see her standing her ground and defending her actions in any such encounter(where Geralt has chosen) but not being so catty.

*Sigh* Witcher 3 is too good of a game, everything I have tried to play since my second playthrough, feels boring and bland.

Same here, because of the issues discussed in this forum I find myself not wanting to go through another playthrough. I may be asking for too much but I want to be able to spend more time with Triss after I pick her as a love interest. Or at the end of the game go visit here until our departure to Kovir.

I can't finish knowing Triss is nowhere to be found and everyone simply disappear.

I wanted so much for the other characters to react to my choice to be with Triss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom