Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep its intensely frustrating that they crafted this unique scene for people who dumped Yen and yet not even one of the three dialogue choices allows for a defence of the Triss relationship.

Again, I am thinking on this topic...

Have we(the like minded folks in this thread), have we discovered any dialog choice or scene or anything where Yen directly responds to Geralt's CURRENT(and final) choice of Triss? The above scene I thought was tied to that but was quickly pointed out that it is totally dependent on dumping Yen only.

I have been inundated by Yen romance ASSUMPTIONS in the story...even after the breakup...but nothing I can remember that referenced OR allowed the player to explain the break with Yen EXCEPT for the quick bit when the witchers are getting drunk at KM.

Are there any others that we've discovered? I think documenting this COULD give our cause more DEV 'weight'...just wondering...aloud. :)

EDIT: Wait, didn't Vesemir also question/mention this to Geralt when he arrives with Uma? I think he did...right? "That would explain her pricklier than usual attitude." line...i can't remember.

Last edited:
Except for the drunk scene - as far as I recall no there's nothing that is exclusively related to this decision.

Again, I am thinking on this topic...

Have we(the like minded folks in this thread), have we discovered any dialog choice or scene or anything where Yen directly responds to Geralt's CURRENT(and final) choice of Triss? The above scene I thought was tied to that but was quickly pointed out that it is totally dependent on dumping Yen only.

I have been inundated by Yen romance ASSUMPTIONS in the story...even after the breakup...but nothing I can remember that referenced OR allowed the player to explain the break with Yen EXCEPT for the quick bit when the witchers are getting drunk at KM.

Are there any others that we've discovered? I think documenting this COULD give out cause more DEV 'weight'...just wondering...aloud. :)

There's differences break-up versus romanced but shamefully as far as i'm aware Yen never responds to Geralt's choice.
The only people who respond to Geralt's Triss choice are (Geralt/Philippa sunstone quest), Ciri(Epilogue), Emperor(Epilogue) unless i'm missing anyone

(Late morning Geralt met up with Triss at the Kingfisher inn, after completing a contract on a Royal Wyvern, Geralt was bruised but the sight of Triss warmed his heart)

Geralt: Hey Triss
Triss: Geralt what happened to you?
Geralt: Royal Wyvern, terrorizing a village south of here
Triss: Ahh, do you want me to patch you up?
Geralt: I'll live... any news from Phillipa and the lodge
Triss: There agreed to meet us at the port
Geralt: So i guess we meet up there
Triss: First i need to take care of something, then i'll meet up with you
Geralt: What do you need to take care of?
(Triss pauses then turns back to look at Geralt)
Triss: Keira left a crystal behind at her hut that i would like to get before we leave
Geralt: Want me to go with you?
(Triss hesitates before answering)
Triss: Sure i always enjoy a walk with you
(Geralt observes the trees swinging back and forth and with Triss they head off during the windy day to the village of Midcopse)

(Along the way, a pack of wolves start to circle around them through the bushes, Roach panics)
Triss: What is it?
Geralt: Wolves
Triss: We need to hurry now
Geralt: Agreed, i don't want anything to happen to you
Triss: Nothing will, besides your the one with the scars from you last monster hunt

(Triss and Geralt race off with the wolves eventually backing off after Triss shoots a fireball in their direction)

Geralt: Alright we are here
Triss: Yeah too close for comfort before
Triss: Be right back
(Triss approaches the deserted hut, and enters)
(Geralt then follows behind her)
Triss: i thought you were going to wait
Geralt: That hasn't stopped me before
(Triss smiles then proceeds to collect the crystal left lying next to the bed)
Geralt: It is getting dark
Triss: perhaps we should ride back in the morning (Triss blushes)
Geralt: I love it when you blush
(Geralt proceeds to kiss her passionately)

(The next morning, Geralt and Triss watch the sunrise together with the breeze blowing in the background)
Triss: This is beautiful, i miss this
Geralt: Me too
Triss: This is what Kovir will be like once Ciri is safe and the wild hunt defeated
Geralt: That is a life i can get use to
(They smile at each other, knowing what peace and comfort felt like again)

Apologies for the long post :)....i am going to miss the 600th page oh well, maybe the 700th then hehe

(Late morning Geralt met up with Triss at the Kingfisher inn, after completing a contract on a Royal Wyvern, Geralt was bruised but the sight of Triss warmed his heart)

Geralt: Hey Triss
Triss: Geralt what happened to you?
Geralt: Royal Wyvern, terrorizing a village south of here
Triss: Ahh, do you want me to patch you up?
Geralt: I'll live... any news from Phillipa and the lodge
Triss: There agreed to meet us at the port
Geralt: So i guess we meet up there
Triss: First i need to take care of something, then i'll meet up with you
Geralt: What do you need to take care of?
(Triss pauses then turns back to look at Geralt)
Triss: Keira left a crystal behind at her hut that i would like to get before we leave
Geralt: Want me to go with you?
(Triss hesitates before answering)
Triss: Sure i always enjoy a walk with you
(Geralt observes the trees swinging back and forth and with Triss they head off during the windy day to the village of Midcopse)

(Along the way, a pack of wolves start to circle around them through the bushes, Roach panics)
Triss: What is it?
Geralt: Wolves
Triss: We need to hurry now
Geralt: Agreed, i don't want anything to happen to you
Triss: Nothing will, besides your the one with the scars from you last monster hunt

(Triss and Geralt race off with the wolves eventually backing off after Triss shoots a fireball in their direction)

Geralt: Alright we are here
Triss: Yeah too close for comfort before
Triss: Be right back
(Triss approaches the deserted hut, and enters)
(Geralt then follows behind her)
Triss: i thought you were going to wait
Geralt: That hasn't stopped me before
(Triss smiles then proceeds to collect the crystal left lying next to the bed)
Geralt: It is getting dark
Triss: perhaps we should ride back in the morning (Triss blushes)
Geralt: I love it when you blush
(Geralt proceeds to kiss her passionately)

(The next morning, Geralt and Triss watch the sunrise together with the breeze blowing in the background)
Triss: This is beautiful, i miss this
Geralt: Me too
Triss: This is what Kovir will be like once Ciri is safe and the wild hunt defeated
Geralt: That is a life i can get use to
(They smile at each other, knowing what peace and comfort felt like again)

Apologies for the long post :)....i am going to miss the 600th page oh well, maybe the 700th then hehe

I think if we collected all these dialogues it would make for a pretty good romance novel... lol Geralt already kind of resembles Fabio when he has his hair down.

I think if we collected all these dialogues it would make for a pretty good romance novel... lol Geralt already kind of resembles Fabio when he has his hair down.

Haha yeah at the rate this thread is going at, we could have written our own short story about Geralt and Triss, not sure that Mr. Sapkowski would approve though lol

Information about Yen and Triss romance i collect from my playthrough and my friend who is in Team Yen, this post is not about Triss vs Yen so i will put it in spoiler
No act 1 here, i think all know about what happen in it anyway :D, start from act 2:

Romance Triss:
-THE STAREEEEEE
-The kiss in the forehead (help me Yen fan, does this occur if you romance Yen)
-Fountain scene (talk about the future with Geralt)
-Well!
-Good luck
-Ending slide :(

Romance Yen:
-She apologize to Geralt about her attitude with Vesemir, Eskel, Lambert (no lake portal here)
-The kiss many of us don't want to talk about :p
-In Norvigad, the same for every playthrough
-Yen look upset when she see Geralt and Ciri have fun in the boat to Skellige (romance or not)
-Presence in one quest in Skellige
-TALK to Geralt before the final battle (about the future with Geralt)
-Ending slide

Do you see the problem here ?

The problem here is Yen talk with Geralt about their future BEFORE the final battle with Wild Hunt, if i am Geralt, clearly it gonna boost my confident and resolve to fight the enemy. While Triss is "goood luck", damn it, she doesn't love me anymore, please Eredin kill me :eek:. Or the dev think Triss talk about their plan before, so no need for good bye :(

For example, Mass Effect game, you can talk and have a lovely little moment with all of your friend and love interest before you die... i had played Mass Effect 3 for about 15 times, whenever in the ending misson, max volume to torment my family and every neighbours, so epic (until the last 15 minute :p)

There is the same mission in the Witcher 3, Battle of Kaer Mohen, but CDPR drop the ball here, i don't understand about "choice and consequence" anymore:
-Every friend defend castle, Vesemir die
-Only 7 (Triss, Yen, Geralt, Eskel, Lambert, Vesemir, Ciri) still Vesemir die
Seriously if no Keira, Lambert should die there, you know, to increase dramatic. For instane, Mass effect 2 suicide mission, lazy and you get the worst, smart and do all side quest, you get the best. Hard work will gain you reward, but there is no such thing in Witcher 3

And how i imagine the scene if you invite Letho, Ves and Roche to come:
+Letho near the wall and surround by solider of the Wild Hunt, prepare to die
+*Arrow suddenly come from nowhere*
+Roche: damn it you whoreson, go to the castle gate quick
+Ves: come on
+After some silence, Letho "thank you"
Sorry i am not good about create dialogue :D
-Why Eskel, Lambert didn't go with Geralt to avenge Vesemir, and what about Zoltan (Norvigad is death trap, come with us and you can kick Wild Hunt ass)

And finally, i don't want the last person i see is Avalach aka the potential betrayer. I want to talk to Yen, Phillipa, Margaret, Vigo (what is she doing here, fan service for book reader ?) and especially Triss :wub:

Ahhh, so good to express my feeling

Last edited:
For example, Mass Effect game, you can talk and have a lovely little moment with all of your friend and love interest before you die...
Damn i just got spoiled... anyway is it worth playing the Mass Effect series? I enjoy games with lots of storylines and character development , games i've previously played are The Last of Us, The Walking Dead (Telltale), Uncharted Series, Beyond Two Souls etc. All of those games had an emotional impact on me, you get to know the characters and therefore you start caring about them , to latter get attached to them.Now staying on topic.
The witcher game series is the one that got a bigger impact on me, there are many reasons for that, but the main one , i think, it's that fact that i played the Witcher 1,2,3 in a timeline of 2 weeks, so after i played the witcher 1 i immediately jumped to Witcher 2 and after finishing the Witcher 2 i instantly played The Witcher 3 all the storylines(everything that happened on witcher 1,2) were fresh in my memory therefore when playing the Witcher 3 i immediately noticed the absence of Triss.
I remembered in the previous Witcher games , in my opinion, you had more dialogue with characters like Triss, Zoltan and Dandelion more interations etc etc.
I wonder if i had played the games with a bigger time span for instance Witcher 1 in 2008 Witcher 2 in 2011 and Witcher 3 in 2015 my feelings would've been the same.

Damn i just got spoiled... anyway is it worth playing the Mass Effect series? I enjoy games with lots of storylines and character development , games i've previously played are The Last of Us, The Walking Dead (Telltale), Uncharted Series, Beyond Two Souls etc. All of those games had an emotional impact on me, you get to know the characters and therefore you start caring about them , to latter get attached to them.Now staying on topic.
The witcher game series is the one that got a bigger impact on me, there are many reasons for that, but the main one , i think, it's that fact that i played the Witcher 1,2,3 in a timeline of 2 weeks, so after i played the witcher 1 i immediately jumped to Witcher 2 and after finishing the Witcher 2 i instantly played The Witcher 3 all the storylines(everything that happened on witcher 1,2) were fresh in my memory therefore when playing the Witcher 3 i immediately noticed the absence of Triss.
I remembered in the previous Witcher games , in my opinion, you had more dialogue with characters like Triss, Zoltan and Dandelion more interations etc etc.
I wonder if i had played the games with a bigger time span for instance Witcher 1 in 2008 Witcher 2 in 2011 and Witcher 3 in 2015 my feelings would've been the same.

Go for Mass Effect.

Aaaarrgh! You HAD me until the Fabio reference!!! I still think the movie version of this has to have Ron Perlman...hated him on SoA but...the role of Geralt FITS him soooo well!!! :)

Mass Effect is my second favorite trilogy (the Witcher is the first, mainly because of Triss and Geralt, but i may reconsider :p)

Aaaarrgh! You HAD me until the Fabio reference!!! I still think the movie version of this has to have Ron Perlman...hated him on SoA but...the role of Geralt FITS him soooo well!!! :)

LOL!! I meant for a book cover haha He is very Ron Perlman! Geralt is bit sexier imo though!

---------- Updated at 01:12 PM ----------

I did the same thing... I played 1 and 2 then straight to 3 so it was all so fresh and the emotions with Triss were still there! I was thinking of playing ME as well... :) It's already installed on my computer just haven't got to it yet.

Information about Yen and Triss romance i collect from my playthrough and my friend who is in Team Yen, this post is not about Triss vs Yen so i will put it in spoiler
No act 1 here, i think all know about what happen in it anyway :D, start from act 2:

Romance Triss:
-THE STAREEEEEE
-The kiss in the forehead (help me Yen fan, does this occur if you romance Yen)
-Fountain scene (talk about the future with Geralt)
-Well!
-Good luck
-Ending slide :(

Romance Yen:
-She apologize to Geralt about her attitude with Vesemir, Eskel, Lambert (no lake portal here)
-The kiss many of us don't want to talk about :p
-In Norvigad, the same for every playthrough
-Yen look upset when she see Geralt and Ciri have fun in the boat to Skellige (romance or not)
-Presence in one quest in Skellige
-TALK to Geralt before the final battle (about the future with Geralt)
-Ending slide

Do you see the problem here ?

I chose Yen the first play through and then Triss the second time. ALL of Novigrad, "MoL&D", NoN...was exactly the same for me both times. The only difference is I chose the "Well, Bye..." choice the first time and not that the second time. But the party, the kiss EVERYTHING was the same on both runs.

As a test I plan on picking up a save and choosing Yen in the Last Wish first this time and THEN go through the Triss content in Novigrad and see if there is anything different. I am a sucker for punishment ain't I?!?!?

---------- Updated at 08:18 AM ----------

LOL!! I meant for a book cover haha He is very Ron Perlman! Geralt is bit sexier imo though!

WHHAT? Geralt Sexier??? Two words for you: HELL.....BOY!
<drops mic and walks off stage>
;)

---------- Updated at 01:12 PM ----------

I did the same thing... I played 1 and 2 then straight to 3 so it was all so fresh and the emotions with Triss were still there! I was thinking of playing ME as well... :) It's already installed on my computer just haven't got to it yet.

Shia Labouffe style: JUST DO IT!!

Seriously though, ME trilogy was my absolute favourite set of games by a long shot, until Witcher 3 came out. Now they are second to Witcher 3 imo but still outstanding games. If Witcher 3 was wasn't as good as it is they would still be my favourite.

Damn i just got spoiled... anyway is it worth playing the Mass Effect series? I enjoy games with lots of storylines and character development

Go for it! It really has some great characters and a good storytelling and imo combat is fun too. Only the ending sucks and stay away from it and rest of the games are amazing and it has Liara T'soni ;) I kinda missed her...

As a test I plan on picking up a save and choosing Yen in the Last Wish first this time and THEN go through the Triss content in Novigrad and see if there is anything different. I am a sucker for punishment ain't I?!?!?

I'd say it would be a waste of time, I did that and romanced Yen then went to Novigrad didn't romance Triss, only difference I remember is that you can say "Yen used black magic" then Triss replies "I'm not Yen and I'll never be"

Last edited:
I chose Yen the first play through and then Triss the second time. ALL of Novigrad, "MoL&D", NoN...was exactly the same for me both times. The only difference is I chose the "Well, Bye..." choice the first time and not that the second time. But the party, the kiss EVERYTHING was the same on both runs.

Did you mean "The kiss in the forehead" stay the same even when you romance Yen ? ? ? Damn it CDPR, i have fate in you :(

If I hadn't played the entire ME trilogy for the 4th time recently, I would be playing them again right now. Do IT.

Although one problem, to got the most out of it you really need all of the story and extra character DLCs imo especially in ME3

---------- Updated at 01:24 PM ----------

Go for it! It really has some great characters and a good storytelling and imo combat is fun too. Only the ending sucks and stay away from it and rest of the games are amazing and it has Liara T'soni ;) I kinda missed her...

Gotta be Miranda Lawson :p that Australian accent. Wish she was a crew memeber in 3.

Damn i just got spoiled... anyway is it worth playing the Mass Effect series? I enjoy games with lots of storylines and character development , games i've previously played are The Last of Us, The Walking Dead (Telltale), Uncharted Series, Beyond Two Souls etc. All of those games had an emotional impact on me,.

Same here and I very much enjoyed the ME series (only played through the whole series a few months ago for the first time). If the ending hadn't annoyed me so much it would be in my top 5 list of favorite games. But after all I really feels like you're creating your own character here.

Same here and I very much enjoyed the ME series (only played through the whole series a few months ago for the first time). If the ending hadn't annoyed me so much it would be in my top 5 list of favorite games. But after all I really feels like you're creating your own character here.

"You Big Stupid Jellyfish!" One of the best quotes in any game

Lol im actually playing ME for the first time now (up to the Noveria missions). A lot different coming from Witcher with all shades of grey rather than good and bad but I love the charatcers....im romancing Liara and Garrus is my Vernon Broche of this game XD Really enjoying it and might play through the whole trilogy...we'll see!

I also recommend the Deus Ex games to Witcher fans, it's not fantasy (sci-fi FPS/RPG) but I notice a lot of similarities in the way the story and choices are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom