Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered most of them now, like others pointed out she is more part of the main story as a lover and isn't pushed aside or in Wtcher 2 the game doesn't force another romance option on me throughout whole game while Witcher 3 forces Yen on player and doesn't acknowledge player choice about Triss which was annoying, that's pretty much the beginning of my complaining and you get witcher 3 Dandelion-Zoltan-Triss living in the same city but no one knows anything about one another, Novigrad is a big city but not that big. The more I look at it the more it's obvious she wasn't considered as a choice but she was just an obstacle and confusion for Geralt before he reaches Skellige. I read yesterday or a day before that there is references to Triss at the endings but I can't seem to remember that I got a reference. In the witcher ending emperor mentioned Triss with simply one line, in my Empress ending Triss was in the tavern with Geralt but Ciri, Zoltan, Dandelion neither had any reference or comment about it and it's funny how she's referenced from the last people I would want it to hear.

I know right. It's very dissapointing how they handled Triss and many of the other characters like Dandelion and Zoltan. Couldn't even talk to them about my choice to be with Triss and Dandelion is suppose to be Geralt's best friend.

She is a main character for a lot of fans and Geralt's lover at the end of witcher 2. All of a sudden she is treated like a side show in the 3rd and final game of the series.

Wasn't even given a chance to defend my choice.

Yesturday I started replay Witcher 2. ;)

Ahh i love Witcher 2, the game was just epic in every way and that first time you enter Flotsam....was just incredibly beautiful and detailed, also speaking of beautiful and detailed - it treated Triss a lot better :)

I will be starting that again soon. Trying to take a few weeks off to cool off. Then I will play witcher 2. Witcher 3 will have to be sideline for now.
Yeah, will play again Witcher 3 only in october after release Hearts of Stone, or early if they fix Triss content.

---------- Updated at 08:31 AM ----------

Ahh i love Witcher 2, the game was just epic in every way and that first time you enter Flotsam....was just incredibly beautiful and detailed, also speaking of beautiful and detailed - it treated Triss a lot better :)
I love W2 also because of story and Triss. ;)

I know right. It's very dissapointing how they handled Triss and many of the other characters like Dandelion and Zoltan. Couldn't even talk to them about my choice to be with Triss and Dandelion is suppose to be Geralt's best friend.

She is a main character for a lot of fans and Geralt's lover at the end of witcher 2. All of a sudden she is treated like a side show in the 3rd and final game of the series.

Wasn't even given a chance to defend my choice.

I think technically both romances are pretty identical. But the problem is Geralt flirts with Yenn constantly. Just from the first scene of the game. Every second conversation has an option with some romantic flavour in it. I cant remember exactly how many times she kissed him during the game. And she has much more screen time too. Plus some side characters mentions the witcher and his sorceress. I have nothing against it. I like Yenn. She should be highlighted as a new character. No doubts. But this is just annoying have the game telling you: you do something wrong by not playing in the "official" way. It is too aggressive way to push her forward. Maybe it's a payment for witcher 1 and 2.

The scene begins on a cold winter night, Geralt walks into a small village inn, noticing the stares of the inn’s inhabitants. Geralt walks over to a hooded figure seated on a table at the end of the inn.
Geralt: They were killed by a Leshen, went too deep into the woods
Hooded man: Ahh that is a shame, I told them not to go
Geralt: My reward?
Hooded man: Take it, you’ve earned it
The man gets up and leaves the inn, Geralt proceeds to wait while chugging down some Temerian Rye. Another dark figure approaches wearing a similar hood to the man before. The hooded figure takes the man’s place opposite Geralt revealing herself to be none other than Philippa Eilhart.
Geralt: It is good to see you again, Philippa
Philippa: I got no time for your jests Geralt
Geralt: Sorry
Philippa: Those witch hunters are everywhere
Geralt: What do you want me to do? Say hello and tell them to find a new job
Philippa: I feel sorry for Triss and Yen for having to listen to the things you say
Geralt pauses, with both he and Philippa being careful not to talk too loudly in front of others
Philippa: Let us meet up with the others and get out of this blasted joint!
Geralt: Agreed
Philippa and Geralt exit the inn, as they walk outside two figures wait for them, but they were not strangers nor bandits, instead they were Triss and Magarita,
Philippa: In the nick of time
Triss: Any news of Fringilla?
Phillipa: No it seems we must wait a little longer…Rita let’s make hast!
Phillipa and Rita jump on the horses before leaving Geralt and Triss outside the Inn, Geralt’s white hair then moves around as the breeze continued to pursue while rain started to sprinkle down, Triss decided to put her hood up.
Geralt: Greeting Triss
Triss: Nice to see you again, we should meet up with Yen at Novigrad
Geralt: She waiting for us?
Triss: With Ciri and Avallach
Geralt: Alright, first I have to find Roche at the Temerian camp first to discuss Radovid
Triss: Getting involved in politics again?
Geralt: Only this time, it is for you and Yen’s sake
Triss understood where the White Wolf was coming from
Triss: Want me to go with you?
Geralt: As always, I would love your company

The couple headed off to the Temerian camp as the rain died down. Their conversations were of bliss reminiscing of old times as well as what they have been up in the past six months – needless to say they were comfortable with each other.
The lovers arrived at the camp greeted by Roche and Ves.
Roche: What’s this, Triss been a long while since I last saw you!
Triss: How are you Roche?
Geralt: Djikstra sends word, tells you to meet him at the hideout according to this map
Roche: Excellent, but first Geralt I need your help
Geralt: What is it?
Roche: My soldiers have found and angered a Leshen nearby (Roche pauses for a second while looking down)…… it has killed three of my men already
Geralt: And I suppose you want me to get rid of it, correct?
Roche: Yes, you are the best tracker I know
Geralt hesitates
Geralt: Fine I’ll search for it, is there a reward involved?
Roche: No but Ves and I are willing to aid you, and we would owe you again
Geralt: ……Alright let’s get this over with
Triss: I’ll tag along

The group of four decided to spread out around 300 meters from the camp looking for the Leshen
Ves: Over here!
The other three urgently rushed to Ves
Ves: I found the totem
Geralt: Alright let’s lure it out
Geralt blasts the totem with his aard sign, suddenly a Leshen appears around the corner of a thin tree but the four were ready. They surrounded the Leshen with Triss hanging back casting some fireball signs, while Ves shot at it with a well-oiled crossbow, Roche and Geralt proceeded to attack the Leshen directly.
The Leshen backed away taking notice at Triss – out of nowhere the Leshen bent down and out of the ground a straight line of roots were hurled towards Triss knocking her down, The Leshen continued by transforming into a murder of crows before going straight at Ves also knocking her down. An angry Roche with the sound of steel on a Leshen slashed his sword repeatedly in the midsection, with Geralt’s silver sword strike eventually taking the Leshen down for good.

Roche: That wasn’t too bad, maybe I should trade my job to become a monster slayer
Geralt: It’s overrated
Ves and Triss walk over to the men
Roche: Ves you alright?
Ves: For the moment
Geralts gaze soon turned to Triss noticing a couple of small scratches and bruises. He asks Triss if she is alright
Triss: I’ll be fine, it is just like old times
Triss brushed herself off while Geralt smiles
Geralt: Yep just like old times, still you should have waited back at the camp
Triss: The sooner we got this done, the sooner we could head back to the rest of the lodge and Ciri!
Roche: I will attend to Djikstra, thanks for your help Geralt, I owe you one…… (He pauses)…again
The pair waved goodbye to Geralt and Triss who set off to meet up with Yen and Ciri in Dandelion’s Chameleon. They arrived late morning
Dandelion: Ahh Geralt and you come with Triss
Triss: Dandelion it is very good to see you again
Dandelion: I am relieved to see you safe and sound, you two set off on some grand adventure
Geralt: Something like that, where is Yen and Ciri?
Dandelion: Upstairs first room on the right
Geralt and Triss met up with the other two important women in Geralt’s life.
Yen: Geralt, Triss glad you both came, Avallach has gone off somewhere, should be back a day from now
Geralt turns to Triss and quietly says
Geralt: Triss let’s go into your room, I’ll patch up your wounds
Triss and Geralt leave the room they were just in, Ciri turns to Yen noticing the desolate look on Yen’s face
Ciri: It hurts doesn’t it?
Yen’s voice becomes softer
Yen: No, I’m just glad it is all cleared up
Ciri: You should be happy for them, it is what they want
Yen: I am
The tone of Yen’s voice rises back up to her normal self
Yen: Let’s change the subject
Ciri saw no point in continuing that discussion as there was nothing but dead ends so they moved on. Back to the other room, Geralt and Triss were seated opposite each other with Geralt wiping some of the blood off her arm
Geralt: See, all better
Triss turned defensive
Triss: I can handle myself Geralt, I survived for six months in the slum of Novigrad without you
Geralt: Hmm, but now I am back
Triss: Which you already know I am happy about
Geralt leans forward to kiss her on the forehead
The look on her face turned from being distant to one of embrace
Triss: I love it when you are here with me
Geralt: Well, you know we got a whole day to wait and a nice bed next to that…
Triss smiles after seeing the warm look on Geralt’s fact
Triss: Later when it is dark
Geralt: Can’t wait

Geralt then left continuing on with another contract he had, he returned to Triss later that evening, and from there the two just like in the lighthouse exchanged and expressed their passion for each other.
The next morning, Geralt woke up with Triss still asleep, Geralt proceeded to exit the Chameleon, and as he walked downstairs he saw Yen waiting at a table by herself. Geralt at that moment decided to have a chat with the powerful sorceress of Vengerberg.
Geralt: Yen? You still at the Chameleon?
Yen: I could ask you the same
Geralt jokes
Geralt: Yeah the beds here are lovely, beats sleeping next to a swamp
Yen: Yeah especially when you have a certain sorceress lying with you
Their conversation quickly erupted into one of confrontation
Geralt: Is this about Triss?
Yen: Now, what made you think that?
Geralt: Don’t play games Yen, you know how I feel
Yen: I know, I know, I am not trying to be bitter
Geralt: Something tells me you are
The look on Yen’s face turned to one of conflict, Geralt could sense her intentions and where this conversation was heading
Yen: Well ordinary folk would have a problem with a man who goes off to sleep with the best friend of his previous love
Geralt: I am not an ordinary folk’s man and you never came to find me, remember
Yen: What did you expect? For me to ride off to my Prince Charming, this isn’t a fairy-tale Geralt…
Geralt: I didn’t expect anything, you made your choice and Triss was there for me, now I made my choice
Yen: Well then I wish you both the best in your relationship
Both Yen and Geralt were like two alpha wolves unwilling to back down at first, Yen however saw that there was no need for an argument especially with their priorities sharing a common goal. The hostile discussion ended at the point where Yen got up to leave as both knew that for the best and for them to remain friends, the conversation had to end at that point.

Ok so i was working on my essay on dietetics and the role fibre plays in colon cancer using randomised controlled trials and yes it is as boring as it sounds, so i decided to do a bit more fanfiction/dialogue/me being biased for Geralt and Triss and i wrote this on the side - it is very long and the forum wouldn't let me attach it as a word document, so i am very sorry for the length :)

I think technically both romances are pretty identical. But the problem is Geralt flirts with Yenn constantly. Just from the first scene of the game. Every second conversation has an option with some romantic flavour in it. I cant remember exactly how many times she kissed him during the game. And she has much more screen time too. Plus some side characters mentions the witcher and his sorceress. I have nothing against it. I like Yenn. She should be highlighted as a new character. No doubts. But this is just annoying have the game telling you: you do something wrong by not playing in the "official" way. It is too aggressive way to push her forward. Maybe it's a payment for witcher 1 and 2.

I am sure you can agree that It's not the way to do it tho. They should have given us the choice.

There are people who would choose Yen over Triss and that's ok but don't force everyone to go with Yen and when they choose Triss the game makes their choice feel wrong the whole way through.

If that's payback for witcher 1 and 2 that's really FUBAR in so many ways. Why develop a story in that manner only to say f you to your fans?

I have no problem with Yen like I said before but the game shoves her down your face at every turn. For me that was a huge turn off because, the choice was completely removed by the dev.

If the game was evenly balanced I probably be willing ti play a Yen run through just to see it but that's not going to happen before I fell short change during my Triss playthrough both of my Triss playthroughs.

---------- Updated at 06:00 AM ----------

Has CDR responded in this thread at all or at least let us know they read it?

So happy I found you all here.

Welcome

We are glad you found us. Please remember to vote.

Around page 400 to 405 REDDORIGEN responded. They are aware of this forum and it was nice to hear from a dev who is also a Triss fan. This forum is too large for them not to be aware.

Has CDR responded in this thread at all or at least let us know they read it?

So happy I found you all here.

Yep one of the developers said he would bring it up at a team meeting, another on a different thread said that the more support there is the more likely they will act, but they both at this point said they can't promise anything.

The scene begins on a cold winter night, Geralt walks into a small village inn, noticing the stares of the inn’s inhabitants. Geralt walks over to a hooded figure seated on a table at the end of the inn.
Geralt: They were killed by a Leshen, went too deep into the woods
Hooded man: Ahh that is a shame, I told them not to go
Geralt: My reward?
Hooded man: Take it, you’ve earned it
The man gets up and leaves the inn, Geralt proceeds to wait while chugging down some Temerian Rye. Another dark figure approaches wearing a similar hood to the man before. The hooded figure takes the man’s place opposite Geralt revealing herself to be none other than Philippa Eilhart.
Geralt: It is good to see you again, Philippa
Philippa: I got no time for your jests Geralt
Geralt: Sorry
Philippa: Those witch hunters are everywhere
Geralt: What do you want me to do? Say hello and tell them to find a new job
Philippa: I feel sorry for Triss and Yen for having to listen to the things you say
Geralt pauses, with both he and Philippa being careful not to talk too loudly in front of others
Philippa: Let us meet up with the others and get out of this blasted joint!
Geralt: Agreed
Philippa and Geralt exit the inn, as they walk outside two figures wait for them, but they were not strangers nor bandits, instead they were Triss and Magarita,
Philippa: In the nick of time
Triss: Any news of Fringilla?
Phillipa: No it seems we must wait a little longer…Rita let’s make hast!
Phillipa and Rita jump on the horses before leaving Geralt and Triss outside the Inn, Geralt’s white hair then moves around as the breeze continued to pursue while rain started to sprinkle down, Triss decided to put her hood up.
Geralt: Greeting Triss
Triss: Nice to see you again, we should meet up with Yen at Novigrad
Geralt: She waiting for us?
Triss: With Ciri and Avallach
Geralt: Alright, first I have to find Roche at the Temerian camp first to discuss Radovid
Triss: Getting involved in politics again?
Geralt: Only this time, it is for you and Yen’s sake
Triss understood where the White Wolf was coming from
Triss: Want me to go with you?
Geralt: As always, I would love your company

The couple headed off to the Temerian camp as the rain died down. Their conversations were of bliss reminiscing of old times as well as what they have been up in the past six months – needless to say they were comfortable with each other.
The lovers arrived at the camp greeted by Roche and Ves.
Roche: What’s this, Triss been a long while since I last saw you!
Triss: How are you Roche?
Geralt: Djikstra sends word, tells you to meet him at the hideout according to this map
Roche: Excellent, but first Geralt I need your help
Geralt: What is it?
Roche: My soldiers have found and angered a Leshen nearby (Roche pauses for a second while looking down)…… it has killed three of my men already
Geralt: And I suppose you want me to get rid of it, correct?
Roche: Yes, you are the best tracker I know
Geralt hesitates
Geralt: Fine I’ll search for it, is there a reward involved?
Roche: No but Ves and I are willing to aid you, and we would owe you again
Geralt: ……Alright let’s get this over with
Triss: I’ll tag along

The group of four decided to spread out around 300 meters from the camp looking for the Leshen
Ves: Over here!
The other three urgently rushed to Ves
Ves: I found the totem
Geralt: Alright let’s lure it out
Geralt blasts the totem with his aard sign, suddenly a Leshen appears around the corner of a thin tree but the four were ready. They surrounded the Leshen with Triss hanging back casting some fireball signs, while Ves shot at it with a well-oiled crossbow, Roche and Geralt proceeded to attack the Leshen directly.
The Leshen backed away taking notice at Triss – out of nowhere the Leshen bent down and out of the ground a straight line of roots were hurled towards Triss knocking her down, The Leshen continued by transforming into a murder of crows before going straight at Ves also knocking her down. An angry Roche with the sound of steel on a Leshen slashed his sword repeatedly in the midsection, with Geralt’s silver sword strike eventually taking the Leshen down for good.

Roche: That wasn’t too bad, maybe I should trade my job to become a monster slayer
Geralt: It’s overrated
Ves and Triss walk over to the men
Roche: Ves you alright?
Ves: For the moment
Geralts gaze soon turned to Triss noticing a couple of small scratches and bruises. He asks Triss if she is alright
Triss: I’ll be fine, it is just like old times
Triss brushed herself off while Geralt smiles
Geralt: Yep just like old times, still you should have waited back at the camp
Triss: The sooner we got this done, the sooner we could head back to the rest of the lodge and Ciri!
Roche: I will attend to Djikstra, thanks for your help Geralt, I owe you one…… (He pauses)…again
The pair waved goodbye to Geralt and Triss who set off to meet up with Yen and Ciri in Dandelion’s Chameleon. They arrived late morning
Dandelion: Ahh Geralt and you come with Triss
Triss: Dandelion it is very good to see you again
Dandelion: I am relieved to see you safe and sound, you two set off on some grand adventure
Geralt: Something like that, where is Yen and Ciri?
Dandelion: Upstairs first room on the right
Geralt and Triss met up with the other two important women in Geralt’s life.
Yen: Geralt, Triss glad you both came, Avallach has gone off somewhere, should be back a day from now
Geralt turns to Triss and quietly says
Geralt: Triss let’s go into your room, I’ll patch up your wounds
Triss and Geralt leave the room they were just in, Ciri turns to Yen noticing the desolate look on Yen’s face
Ciri: It hurts doesn’t it?
Yen’s voice becomes softer
Yen: No, I’m just glad it is all cleared up
Ciri: You should be happy for them, it is what they want
Yen: I am
The tone of Yen’s voice rises back up to her normal self
Yen: Let’s change the subject
Ciri saw no point in continuing that discussion as there was nothing but dead ends so they moved on. Back to the other room, Geralt and Triss were seated opposite each other with Geralt wiping some of the blood off her arm
Geralt: See, all better
Triss turned defensive
Triss: I can handle myself Geralt, I survived for six months in the slum of Novigrad without you
Geralt: Hmm, but now I am back
Triss: Which you already know I am happy about
Geralt leans forward to kiss her on the forehead
The look on her face turned from being distant to one of embrace
Triss: I love it when you are here with me
Geralt: Well, you know we got a whole day to wait and a nice bed next to that…
Triss smiles after seeing the warm look on Geralt’s fact
Triss: Later when it is dark
Geralt: Can’t wait

Geralt then left continuing on with another contract he had, he returned to Triss later that evening, and from there the two just like in the lighthouse exchanged and expressed their passion for each other.
The next morning, Geralt woke up with Triss still asleep, Geralt proceeded to exit the Chameleon, and as he walked downstairs he saw Yen waiting at a table by herself. Geralt at that moment decided to have a chat with the powerful sorceress of Vengerberg.
Geralt: Yen? You still at the Chameleon?
Yen: I could ask you the same
Geralt jokes
Geralt: Yeah the beds here are lovely, beats sleeping next to a swamp
Yen: Yeah especially when you have a certain sorceress lying with you
Their conversation quickly erupted into one of confrontation
Geralt: Is this about Triss?
Yen: Now, what made you think that?
Geralt: Don’t play games Yen, you know how I feel
Yen: I know, I know, I am not trying to be bitter
Geralt: Something tells me you are
The look on Yen’s face turned to one of conflict, Geralt could sense her intentions and where this conversation was heading
Yen: Well ordinary folk would have a problem with a man who goes off to sleep with the best friend of his previous love
Geralt: I am not an ordinary folk’s man and you never came to find me, remember
Yen: What did you expect? For me to ride off to my Prince Charming, this isn’t a fairy-tale Geralt…
Geralt: I didn’t expect anything, you made your choice and Triss was there for me, now I made my choice
Yen: Well then I wish you both the best in your relationship
Both Yen and Geralt were like two alpha wolves unwilling to back down at first, Yen however saw that there was no need for an argument especially with their priorities sharing a common goal. The hostile discussion ended at the point where Yen got up to leave as both knew that for the best and for them to remain friends, the conversation had to end at that point.

Ok so i was working on my essay on dietetics and the role fibre plays in colon cancer using randomised controlled trials and yes it is as boring as it sounds, so i decided to do a bit more fanfiction/dialogue/me being biased for Geralt and Triss and i wrote this on the side - it is very long and the forum wouldn't let me attach it as a word document, so i am very sorry for the length
:)

You and a couple of the other people should start a blog! These are a lot of fun to read :D

There are people who would choose Yen over Triss and that's ok but don't force everyone to go with Yen and when they choose Triss the game makes their choice feel wrong the whole way through.

If that's payback for witcher 1 and 2 that's really FUBAR in so many ways. Why develop a story in that manner only to say f you to your fans?

Because they did it before. They forced Triss over Shani in witcher 2. They forced Roche's path over Iorveth's path in witcher 3. Eventually they forced Yenn over Triss. This is how they do things from a beginning. It can be unpleasant, but this is what it is. But in any case we should be thankful for letting us to romance Triss at all.

You and a couple of the other people should start a blog! These are a lot of fun to read :D

Haha thank you i appreciate it :), it was also my 350th post on this thread so i figured i would write something that no one would have the time to read lol.

---------- Updated at 06:23 AM ----------

Because they did it before. They forced Triss over Shani in witcher 2. They forced Roche's path over Iorveth's path in witcher 3. Eventually they forced Yenn over Triss. This is how they do things from a beginning. It can be unpleasant, but this is what it is. But in any case we should be thankful for letting us to romance Triss at all.

In regards to Iorveth, there was a thread detailing what was changed from last year (came from a leak of documents), and the original plan was to include Iorveth in the game - he would be found in the slums of Novigrad, so i assume that they intended for both paths to be treated equally but somehow something happened where they cut Iorveth out and kept Roche. Shani might appear in the second expansion and yeah we should be happy that Triss was a romance option at the very least but they needed to make it feel like it was a valid choice.

Haha thank you i appreciate it :), it was also my 350th post on this thread so i figured i would write something that no one would have the time to read lol.

Bah! I'm a fast reader! Plus it's compelling and easy to read! Maybe a Dev will read one and go "This is awesome! Going to have to add this somewhere."

I came here when this thread was only in 70 pages and 300+ votes in favor for Triss. I'm happy that I found this thread and it grows fast, and devs knows about it, I hope they will do something to make all us happy with Triss content in game.

I came here when this thread was only in 70 pages and 300+ votes in favor for Triss. I'm happy that I found this thread and it grows fast, and devs knows about it, I hope they will do something to make all us happy with Triss content in game.

I hope, too

In regards to Iorveth, there was a thread detailing what was changed from last year (came from a leak of documents), and the original plan was to include Iorveth in the game - he would be found in the slums of Novigrad, so i assume that they intended for both paths to be treated equally but somehow something happened where they cut Iorveth out and kept Roche. Shani might appear in the second expansion

I just wanna say, they've sacrificed a lot of content to make the "most popular" choices look better. And this is not something new. This is their work style. It is completely reasonable though, but still a pain in the butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom