Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all you don't know ALL v.o. has already been recorded and when.

Thats true...all we have to go on is the VAs who have been interviewed said they are off to pursue other projects...like they are done with The Witcher...before I have to get into a 'cite my source fight'...just what I've heard and I HOPE its wrong!

Last edited:
@Gerald01

I don't know. I just say what i see. If they originally developed the expansions with the main game, this is like 99% they've done with recording all together. Because there is no reason not to do that. I don't think it would be too expensive but it would be hard to gather all this voice actors again. We don't know. Are this actors independent or they work with a studio? They have any plans or they free to go? They still tied up with their contracts or not? And if CDPR decide that 2 expansions is enough we will hardly see any fixes for Triss. I swear to god in desperate to be wrong and CDPR still have contacts with the VA crew.

The loves scenes don't bother me as much but i agree, it really feels like they were afraid of the mainstream market and the controversy that could come with something like this. They didn't exactly have that much of a problem with the Witcher 2, now it seems a bit 'dumbed down' for a younger audience. For the most part the Triss scene was still unique just not as much as the other (mainly Yen since the rest were recycled), but yeah i don't see why they went for the moving shadows, when they could of actually used the models.
They could show from some angle that it would look beautifully and passionately and not so childish like it now.

never said it was MINE...

I came back to this thread at a weird time.....

never said it was MINE...:p

Ahh too funny :), still it is a good hint/sign that maybe something will happen, so i am going to act positive about the interview.

---------- Updated at 12:04 PM ----------

They could show from some angle that it would look beautifully and passionately and not so childish like it now.

Yeah absolutely, it they created a scene or fixed that scene with Triss to be as amazing as what we had from the previous game, then it would would feel a lot more raw, natural and real.

Ahh too funny :), still it is a good hint/sign that maybe something will happen, so i am going to act positive about the interview.

Yes, yes!!! I've said it more than a few times...when CDPR staff was sitting around having a beer back in the fall of 2014 they probably joked about 'wouldn't it be awesome if we sold 4 mill copies the first two weeks?' Everyone laughed and downed a drink and the next thing they said was, 'No really, how well you think it will sell, really?'

4 mill x $60 = poop load of cash!!!

Someone quoted a source on here a week or so ago that said CDPR's free and clear PROFIT...in the corporate bank after paying off EVERYTHING as well as the labor and repaying all loans was like 97 million...in two weeks. That's pretty awesome cause the way I read that...virtually everything they make now off sales after week 2...if pure profit! THAT is huge!

Its just logistics...unless they want to do a regionally limited release they would have to have all language VA...couldn't be cheap to do that. However, what I think(fear) they did was; the two expansions and any DLC were already in the works early! When they had the VAs in the studio to record for the original story they just did the extra readings then. So CDPR has everything they need for the main story/side quests AND for the next two years of expansions all recorded as of right now. It would only make good business sense to do it that way.

Well even if they did record everything already, we're talking of a couple hours of work for 3 (or even 2) people per localisation, provided it's CDPR and not the distributor who pays for the various localisations themselves. Depends of the contract and the clauses.
It may even be the VO companies are required to be ready for minor reworks with little to no cost added (that's what a smart company would do not to risk they cannot reuse the same VA in the same game in additinal content or if things go wrong in postproduction).
I mean, in Witcher 3's case it may be the case the have already prepped the expansions months in advance, but some games have them coming out even years later.
I don't get why so little work would cost so much, proportionally to the main game.

It's not a movie and they are not re-shoots with sets, makeup, dozens of staff involved.
Modders show us you can do a VO with a 50$ microphone in your basement.

Her fan base is pretty huge but I'll say this. It's not about competition if anything It's about having balance in the game.

Marketing a character as a main character simply to make the organization and game popular then dumping or relegating that character to the background in the final game is pretty low.

It would be like bungi killing spartan 117 or having another spartan be the main character in the last game of the Halo franchise.

What we are asking is not unreasonable or unrealistic. We support every character we just want balance in the game and more interaction. Let the game feel like an RPG instead of a movie with occasional monster slaying.

Completely agree, balance is the key to making the characters feel important to the game and for us to care or have an opinion about them.

I don't want the game to feel like a movie where it is a "well, this could happen...but this is the way it is intended to happen" type of linear story. Interaction with the world and the characters is what makes it an epic series of games.

@Gerald01

I don't know. I just say what i see. If they originally developed the expansions with the main game, this is like 99% they've done with recording all together. Because there is no reason not to do that. I don't think it would be too expensive but it would be hard to gather all this voice actors again. We don't know. Are this actors independent or they work with a studio? They have any plans or they free to go? They still tied up with their contracts or not? And if CDPR decide that 2 expansions is enough we will hardly see any fixes for Triss. I swear to god in desperate to be wrong and CDPR still have contacts with the VA crew.

Every VA and his affiliation is listed during the credits. 99% are from VO companies, especially those from the non polish, non english ones.

I mean, acting as if they enlisted A-list celebrities or random strangers off the streets for the dubbing so much they cannot even "be easily tracked down" a month after release is.. weird. Not to mention not having a clause int he contract for reshoots, which every actor has in movies.

So what would have happened if there was some hiccup for some major scene? They'd release the game incomplete and/or scrapped it entirely? OR, they'd contact the VO partners and ask them do redo a couple lines?

Movies "bring in" actors ALL THE TIME for redubbing themselves at times with no additional cost, it's part of postproduction.

Last edited:

So the real sex scene with Triss was this and they censored it with a shift of the camera angle. They really screwed up everything with Triss.

Found it, very reassuring words by him and fuck it, it's better than nothing.

What's this about a bug?

There was a thread in the bug section about Triss only saying well? as a possible bug. One of the developers (Marcin) came onto the thread to say it wasn't bug, then REDdorigen came onto this thread to clear it up, saying that just because it isn't a bug "doesn't mean we don't consider it an issue". Still better than nothing like you said.

So the real sex scene with Triss was this and they censored it with a shift of the camera angle. They really screwed up everything with Triss.
Yeah, this scene is seen only if You use freecam, and they used mocap for this scene, and that for some reason censored this in game, they could show this from angles that it would look passionately and not just moving shadows on the wall, like it is a game is for children.

Well even if they did record everything already, we're talking of a couple hours of work for 3 (or even 2) people per localisation, provided it's CDPR and not the distributor who pays for the various localisations themselves. Depends of the contract and the clauses.
It may even be the VO companies are required to be ready for minor reworks with little to no cost added (that's what a smart company would do not to risk they cannot reuse the same VA in the same game in additinal content or if things go wrong in postproduction).
I mean, in Witcher 3's case it may be the case the have already prepped the expansions months in advance, but some games have them coming out even years later.
I don't get why so little work would cost so much, proportionally to the main game.

It's not a movie and they are not re-shoots with sets, makeup, dozens of staff involved.
Modders show us you can do a VO with a 50$ microphone in your basement.

Everything you are saying could be spot on AND it makes sense...but we can agree on this, the only ones that know won't say for sure...so, we keep putting down the good ideas and let CDPR figure out if its possible.

I said all along that MY 'fix' required the expansions to NOT be pre-VO'd during main story production. IF that were true, meaning, IF the VA had to come back for even a day...OR later if they had work to do for CP2077 even...they could simply read a line or three for TW3 extras or fixes...

But all that is HUGE buts and ifs...I hope it is an easy fix cause I have faith if they could do all this for less than a hundred grand, they won't blink an eye...if there are some kind of Labor Unions that dictate the work of the VAs and agents/lawyers have to be involved...it looks bleak to me if that were to be the case.

Yes, yes!!! I've said it more than a few times...when CDPR staff was sitting around having a beer back in the fall of 2014 they probably joked about 'wouldn't it be awesome if we sold 4 mill copies the first two weeks?' Everyone laughed and downed a drink and the next thing they said was, 'No really, how well you think it will sell, really?'

4 mill x $60 = poop load of cash!!!

Someone quoted a source on here a week or so ago that said CDPR's free and clear PROFIT...in the corporate bank after paying off EVERYTHING as well as the labor and repaying all loans was like 97 million...in two weeks. That's pretty awesome cause the way I read that...virtually everything they make now off sales after week 2...if pure profit! THAT is huge!

Yep and that means any extra money they have will go towards this game and Cyberpunk, so yeah they would be taking feedback from the fans, either way they are a very successful studio at the moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom