Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main problem is, everyone's got their priorities and wants to peddle their own desires as the no.1 priority.

It's even more true when they realize that their no.1 priority is not the no.1 priority for the majority.

Let's face it guys, the Triss issue is the no. 1. The size of this thread and how the poll in reddit is growing fast are the proof of that fact.

BUT as this became the no. 1 issue, everyone who do not agree will soon show up to say it. So we have to stay calm because what happens here is the price of fame.

It's even more true when they realize that their no.1 priority is not the no.1 priority for the majority.

Let's face it guys, the Triss issue is the no. 1. The size of this thread and how the poll in reddit is growing fast are the proof of that fact.

BUT as this became the no. 1 issue, everyone who do not agree will soon show up to say it. So we have to stay calm because what happens here is the price of fame.

Very good point or (what I actually think is the case) is that we were just the quickest and most organised with setting up a thread and staying on topic, and finally lol after 700 pages coming up with PLAUSIBLE solutions that we all agreed on.

Some random RAGE comments from Steam, LOL:

Stop being obsessed about fictional characters and get a life.

Y'all are being ridiculous. It's just a collection of polygons.

There is already more than enough of Triss.

Yeah but I really think it's the most important issue for a lot of player.

And it's actually really easy to explain : the game may have deepest issue in its narration, but the Triss one is an issue that affect a character the player are supposed to bond with. I'm concerned too with the Eredin issue, but we're not supposed to create a connection or a bond with him.

No matter how much important an issue is for the whole story, it is its impact that will make it no. 1 or not.
Eredin's issue has an impact sure, but it's nothing compare to the impact of Triss issue, even if the last one may be considered less important for some players.

Yeah but I really think it's the most important issue for a lot of player.

And it's actually really easy to explain : the game may have deepest issue in its narration, but the Triss one is an issue that affect a character the player are supposed to bond with. I'm concerned too with the Eredin issue, but we're not supposed to create a connection or a bond with him.

No matter how much important an issue is for the whole story, it is its impact that will make it no. 1 or not.
Eredin's issue has an impact sure, but it's nothing compare to the impact of Triss issue, even if the last one may be considered less important for some players.

Agree - I get the Eredin issue - but Triss is the character we have spent 3 games with and she just gets shafted = I didn't spend all of Witcher 2 racing to save my damsel in distress to then just have her sidelined and then completley ignored in Act 3

Agree - I get the Eredin issue - but Triss is the character we have spent 3 games with and she just gets shafted = I didn't spend all of Witcher 2 racing to save my damsel in distress to then just have her sidelined and then completley ignored in Act 3

+1

Complitelly agree!

Some random RAGE comments from Steam, LOL:

Stop being obsessed about fictional characters and get a life.

Y'all are being ridiculous. It's just a collection of polygons.

There is already more than enough of Triss.

Don't let jerks discourage you.

We dealt with them when this very thread just started, this is how these things work - the bored and the annoying come first.

Guys we are 999 I repeat 999 - commence mission to find one more vote

Anyone have a link to forums in other languages where we could ask them to vote

Friends, I have a question. As the game affect what I chose to save Triss TW2?

I always save Triss in W2 - I have heard form other people that it doesn't make a difference though - not many WItcher 2 choices do make a difference except if you kill Letho and keep the tattoo - like i did.

By the way - please vote.

If you are satisfied with your bashing, just wanted to say that our goals are identical and I would be most pleased to see that the Triss problem is addressed in a "minor" patch, even more than graphics, IA or whatever else. Which by the way I do not think will happen. The fact is that even minor corrections need new material, dialogues, animations, etc, while devs with patches are mostly working around problems with existing marerial.

So I'm not butthurt, nor stupid (they say), nor have intention to open a new thread because I wanted to give my opinion on this specific matter which I have followed. I think everyone in the thread has come up with great ideas, but the goal is to see them in the actual game. I say let's hope for EE because I really want those changes and not only to speak about them.. and I think that is the only way. Feel free to be dissatisfied with this way of thinking.

Says who?
I'm tired of repeating myself:
the Triss content is a problem in the game.
It is severely lacking objectively so much so it leads to NARRATIVE problems where Yen's dialogue is romantic by default (Skellige+others)
It is CDPR's problem, not a matter of our fanboyish desires (I do not have any for instance).
It is a bugfixing issue, not additional content.

If you think the best tactic for having minor fixes is... asking for a lot more bordering on the impossible, be my guest.
But please leave the proposition as is alone possibly.

Fine, we both agree Triss content is a problem in the game. Objectively.
What about CDPR thinks it's fine that way? What about CDPR thinks it's NOT fine that way, but the problem is not worth the resources needed to fix it? The whole thing could be objective or not but in the end the developer need to do something so it's better to consider its point of view.
I never intended to change the proposition, nor my single posting will do it. I'm just saying that this "bugfixing" is a heavy one, from the developer point of view. What you call bugfixing is in fact additional content because even the most reasonable request of fixing the problem can't do that with additional content (I repeat, voices, animations, etc) If you want that your best bet is that CDPR is persuaded to do an EE because only then they will have moved the necessary resources to fix the problem. That does not detract to the fact that it's good and right to support the thread, which is fine as it is btw.

Just cast the 1000th vote my friends.

Not gonna read through this whole thread but I came here because I also was disappointed with the lack of Triss content and desperately want more.

Actually ended up starting my first playthrough over (50 hours in) due to the lack of Triss, figured I'd go with Yen and hope more was added with Triss before I completed then Yen run through

Last edited:
1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:victory::yes::hatsoff::comeatmebro::cheers:

Don't shout at me - but does this acutally mean anything lol ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom