Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said, the game started initially very confusing. Like many others, when I first met Triss in the game, I was wondering why we'd split up. Admittedly it had been a number of years since I'd played The Witcher 2 but I remembered choosing to rescue her to the expense of anything else. She had been the one I romanced in the first two games but for no apparent reason and with no explanation as to why, we've suddenly split up. That was handled very poorly, as is the entire romance which is the only let down in what I would consider the best game I've ever played (seriously, this game should sweep the board with awards).

I disagree with the moving of the choice to later in the game, I think it's perfectly fine where it is but no matter who you choose, you never get any quality time with them. Kaer Morhen, in my opinion, was where things went wrong for the Triss romance though. I was very confused as to why there was no mention of her and actually searched the entire keep thinking she must be somewhere. Clearly not. Why wasn't she there? Why was the game ignoring the events of Now or Never? The entire Act 2 is actually a confused mess when it comes to the events of Act 1 and would have been made better if there had been tensions between Triss and Yennefer. Both trying to come to terms with the change of events while both are trying to keep their friendship alive in-spite of it.

The throwing of the bed out the window reference, for example, could have lead to an interesting argument between them. Even a "how are you and Yen getting along?" question with associated dialogue would have been something because it would have been an acknowledgement of the romance choice and love triangle you'd been in for years. Would it have been so bad to have something similar to the prologue's first few moments sometime later in the game regardless of whether you choose Triss or Yen? Could we not have had an additional romance (sex) scene at that point? If you choose Triss then you can finally relax, she's not in danger any more and you can both take a moment to breathe. If you choose Yen, you've finally got a few moments of quiet time after two years apart. It would have added more depth to both romances in my opinion.

It's not about cramming another sex scene in to the game, it's more about having some quality time with your partner. From a role playing perspective, that was important. Instead it was dropped for the rest of the game, save for your brief conversation at the beginning of the mission to save Phillipa. Because the wider game ignored your choice of Triss and assumed you'd chosen Yen, it reduced Triss' romance to just another Witcher contract, in terms of the importance on the plot. I really hope they're willing to listen to the poll and what's being said in this threadnought and either patch in some additional material or add some premium DLC that expands upon either of your choices. I'm not willing to buy DLC for some additional sword or armour, which thankfully CDPR are giving away for free, but I am willing to pay for additional story content. Perhaps something in Kovir that reunites you with your friends would be good. If you romanced/married Triss at the end of the game, your journey starts there. If you romanced/married Yen or chose the Witcher's path, then you could travel there in a short cut scene. Either way, I really hope we see some expanded material on both romances but especially Triss since it was the more ignored of the two.

Last edited:
You're right of course, but I don't think the Mod was specifically referring to all and any thing OT. Talking about production times for a potential Triss additional content, as it is directly related to the subject at hand, is not even OT.
The problem was the argument degenerated in a purely technical one about techniques in general, with nothing at all to do with Triss or even Witcher 3.
Also the fact it got pretty harsh verbally didn't help either.

Nope, agreed! I was just trying to help our community. Someone comes on and starts talking Bronies and how much he thinks Triss would be a GREAT My Little Pony...we all have a laugh, thats great but if it drags out into a 10 post counter banter full of pic and comparisons to Pinky Pie or Rainbow Dash...did I mention I have a 5yo daughter?

Anyway, I was just hopefully reminding that extended off topic streams should be avoided, that's all. No harm or offense to anyone intended.

This joke hurt me more than I thought it will Y_Y

I'm wondering what everyone's opinion here is about the Vesemir funeral scene, haven't seen it brought up here. You see Yennifer and Triss in the cutscene but at soon as Avallac'h says we should start planning the next move they completely disappear. You get to talk to all the minor characters you invited but never get to actually talk to either of your love interests. It's especially annoying with Triss because she had a bond with the other witchers which was never shown, you'd think she'd say something to Geralt at Vesemir's funeral.

It's seriously like we are not allowed to talk to Triss outside of Novigrad.

That's how it felt like we were forbidden to talk to Triss after Novagrad.

There is no way in hell that Triss would ignore Geralt as he's going through so much pain by say nothing to him after he just lost Visimir like that. Triss had a very close and special relationship with all the witchers especially after spending so much time with them at Kaer Morhen.

Triss adored Visimir because, he is like a father figure to Geralt and it seems Visimir loved Triss because, he saw her as being better for Geralt. She had a lot of respect for the old Witcher.

So, I am trying to think...

If Geralt has selected Triss at the time of "The Kiss"...can we agree as that scene stands, it would disrespect Triss? I can't think of a better word to describe it than disrespect. Anyone else, jump in on that word choice game...

My question, is there any other scene where Triss is treated likewise? To keep it in perspective, Geralt must have picked Triss and then something happens either with Yen or about Yen. An example in reverse would be Lambert at KM during the QA session. That shot at Yen about Triss was in pretty bad taste, maybe not for Lambert but, still...

I drew a blank and was wondering what anyone else thought.

Last edited:
Thread seems to be slowing down a bit hmmm...Time for me to get the word out at gamefaqs.

But anyway guys i got a question. I know Triss is allergic to magic, so her beauty is natural right? I remember reading somewhere that Yen used magic to "beautify" herself, is that true? And does that apply to other sorceresses like Keira and Fringilla?

I wrote a fake funeral scene that would include the chosen LI on page 580(shameless self promotion)
To me the in game scene focuses too much on the relationship between Ciri and Vesemir's death and doesn't let the player see how Geralt is dealing with the whole situation. I like Ciri’s character but I’m more interested in how Geralt would react. Geralt is able to talk to all those who helped in the battle, which is great but they let you talk to Hjalmar, a person who has no ties to Vesemir and not Yen or Triss? That's just bad story telling regardless of who the player romanced.

I know Triss is allergic to magic, so her beauty is natural right?
Mostly, yes.
I remember reading somewhere that Yen used magic to "beautify" herself, is that true?
Yes. In real Yen is hunchback.
And does that apply to other sorceresses like Keira and Fringilla?
Maybe.

I know Triss is allergic to magic, so her beauty is natural right?
Mostly, yes.
I remember reading somewhere that Yen used magic to "beautify" herself, is that true?
Yes. In real Yen is hunchback.
And does that apply to other sorceresses like Keira and Fringilla?
Maybe.

All sorceresses stop magically their aging process even Triss - Yen's back was magically healed when she was a child by her mentor Tissaia de Vries...

So, I am trying to think...

If Geralt has selected Triss at the time of "The Kiss"...can we agree as that scene stands, it would disrespect Triss? I can't think of a better word to describe it than disrespect. Anyone else, jump in on that word choice game...

My question, is there any other scene where Triss is treated likewise? To keep it in perspective, Geralt must have picked Triss and then something happens either with Yen or about Yen. An example in reverse would be Lambert at KM during the QA session. That shot at Yen about Triss was in pretty bad taste, maybe not for Lambert but, still...

I drew a blank and was wondering what anyone else thought.

I'm guessing you mean the random kiss by Yennefer at Kaer Morhen? I can only think of one other thing and that's Yennefer throwing the bed out the window but she wasn't present and it wasn't a scene.

All sorceresses stop magically their aging process even Triss - Yen's back was magically healed when she was a child by her mentor Tissaia de Vries...

I see no issue both in fixing obvious medical issues such a hunchback or stopping one's aging. The former is akin to corrective surgery of our world, the latter less dishonest than makeup.

What I'm trying to understand is if Yen and Triss altered their facial features, and if so, by using illusion magic (like Triss' Sodden scars) or materially shaping their bodies via magical means?

IWhat I'm trying to understand is if Yen and Triss altered their facial features, and if so, by using illusion magic (like Triss' Sodden scars) or materially shaping their bodies via magical means?

I guess it isn't stated anywhere that they would do that...All sorceresses as adepts were all practically ugly or not wanted girls from wealthy families - their looks were magically improved in their childhood and they grew up as beautiful women with perfect bodies.

I'm wondering what everyone's opinion here is about the Vesemir funeral scene, haven't seen it brought up here. You see Yennifer and Triss in the cutscene but at soon as Avallac'h says we should start planning the next move they completely disappear. You get to talk to all the minor characters you invited but never get to actually talk to either of your love interests. It's especially annoying with Triss because she had a bond with the other witchers which was never shown, you'd think she'd say something to Geralt at Vesemir's funeral.

It's seriously like we are not allowed to talk to Triss outside of Novigrad.

I agree, Triss would have consoled Geralt somewhat, and she got along well with Vesemir.

I guess it isn't stated anywhere that they would do that...All sorceresses as adepts were all practically ugly or not wanted girls from wealthy families - their looks were magically improved in their childhood and they grew up as beautiful women with perfect bodies.
So it's not a spell, but magic used to change them phisically. It's not as if their appeareance is an illusion that could be shattered.
But if it's so simple why don't mages offer their services to noblewomen a la plastic surgeons and get immensely rich?

Off topic I know but - just got back form late shift at work and had this song in my head the entire time lol

Love the music in this game, it has some of the best OSTs ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom