• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

Don't want to bring any negatively or put the Reds down because The Witcher 3 is an amazing game but I just visited CDPR's Facebook page and saw a video that was labelled "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Launch Trailer ("Go Your Way")" and although I enjoyed the trailer I couldn't help but notice how biased it was in regards towards Yen > Triss as there was only a single moment towards the end where Triss was shown for a split second like all of the other secondary characters (Dandelion, Zoltan, Phillipa, Radvoid, etc). Maybe it's just me and maybe Triss wouldn't of fit well into the video.. Hmm

Here is the link if you wish to veiw it for yourself : http://youtu.be/hBoCRYX6Vq0

Thanks for link :) yeah i saw it a while back, looking at it now i just assumed that Triss had a lack of content in that video because she had a lack of content in the game - it kind of fits. Ok jokes aside, i love this game and i don't intend to be rude at all to the people who created an amazing experience for us to enjoy. Now it looks like Triss was put into the role of secondary characters (Dandelion, Zoltan, Phillipa etc) instead of the main characters (Geralt, Ciri, Yen) and that is what it so disappointing that they went from being huge fans of Triss to make her a main character in the previous games to shift the story and focus to other characters - this might of not even been a problem if there was another game coming but as of now, this is what we get.

---------- Updated at 01:23 AM ----------

I will forgive CDPR if they add more Triss content in upcoming Expansion packs. If they create a whole new location in Kovir and we get to see our house in Pont Vanis, everything will be forgotten.

Same thoughts here, i am somewhat disappointed with how things are now, but they do have time to add/fix stuff to this game and the Triss content. I will keep supporting them in the hope that they do get around to fixing the issues listed on this thread.

I will forgive CDPR if they add more Triss content in upcoming Expansion packs. If they create a whole new location in Kovir and we get to see our house in Pont Vanis, everything will be forgotten.

I think this is the best way they can fix it. By adding Kovir and Poviss or unlocking them in future expansions after the epilogue. Have Geralt there with Triss where we can accept Witcher contracts and make sure to hold her to her promise about the candlelit dinners and a bed.

Thanks for link :) yeah i saw it a while back, looking at it now i just assumed that Triss had a lack of content in that video because she had a lack of content in the game - it kind of fits. Ok jokes aside, i love this game and i don't intend to be rude at all to the people who created an amazing experience for us to enjoy. Now it looks like Triss was put into the role of secondary characters (Dandelion, Zoltan, Phillipa etc) instead of the main characters (Geralt, Ciri, Yen) and that is what it so disappointing that they went from being huge fans of Triss to make her a main character in the previous games to shift the story and focus to other characters - this might of not even been a problem if there was another game coming but as of now, this is what we get.

Yes I agree and thought the same. That one of the reasons she isn't showcased in the video is due to lack of content but I'm sure if they wanted to try would of been able to scramble some together but the other reason is as you said she has been shifted to a secondary characters role which is very dissapointing too Triss fans.

Also as you said if there were another game or we all knew there was going to be then the blow wouldn't be so big. There would more then likely still be a big backlash but it wouldn't be so bad and on a plus side threads like this could be used to harvest ideas for the next game so this wouldn't happen again but unfortunately.

Did any of you bros come across this scene @ 1:58 or figured out how to trigger it?

Good catch. It looks like contrary to what we've been told, there was content cut from the game. There's also the scene on the boat with Geralt flanked by Triss and Yen yet I never found that. I assumed it was when we sailed to Skelige for the final time but they just reused to same cut scene as when Geralt goes the first time. I also just noticed the fight between Caranthir and Eskel is actually between Caranthir and Geralt in the trailer so it looks like something changed in the writing between that trailer being made and the game's release.

Last edited:
Not to mention that Triss being in the game and her romance arc at the start felt like it was a "we are trying to create a love triangle, but ultimately it is intended for Geralt and Yen to be together and that Triss is to add to the drama of their relationship"

I agree. This is one of the most important decisions in the whole franchise. Devs like: "On the one hand we have beautiful and adorable femme fatale Yennefer of Vengerberg, the true love. On the other hand we have uhh... forgot her name... she has red hair and stuff... yeah. Good luck by the way."

Last edited:

Did any of you bros come across this scene @ 1:58 or figured out how to trigger it?

It seems like they created two version of Triss. I really think they started creating the game with Triss as one of the main character "A role more presents in the game"

(The deleted scenes can make a big doubt about it) Then they decided to totally recreated the storyline of the game,

and they've put Triss has a not so important character. Maybe for pleasing the books readers.

Also she looks a little more old on the deleted scenes than in the Scenes we got in the game.

It seems like they created two version of Triss. I really think they started creating the game with Triss as one of the main character "A role more presents in the game"

(The deleted scenes can make a big doubt about it) Then they decided to totally recreated the storyline of the game,

and they've put Triss has a not so important character. Maybe for pleasing the books readers.

Also she looks a little more old on the deleted scenes than in the Scenes we got in the game.

If they chose to satisfy the book readers and the new players and not the people who's been playing the game since The Witcher 1 came out in 2007, they made a huge mistake.

I felt the same way too. I felt like they took away from Triss's content and added to Yennefer's, in both conversations and romance.

Triss was one the reasons The Witcher 2 assassin of kings became that famous and they will do good to remember that.

Not sure if it's appropriate to add this in here or not, but

This is Triss. That's how popular she became back then, Yennefer with all the ballads written about her and Geralt in the books didn't even come close to making it on that cover and she never will (I mean no offense by that to any of Yennefer fans).
Whenever I showed that poster to anyone. The first thing they said was "We never heard of the game but we're definitely going to try it".

Attachments

• Triss-Cover.jpg
    Triss-Cover.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I agree. This is one of the most important decisions in the whole franchise. Devs like: "On the one hand we have beautiful and adorable femme fatale Yennefer of Vengerberg, the true love. On the other hand we have uhh... forgot her name... she has red hair and stuff... yeah. Good luck by the way."

Exactly, that decision was built up in the previous games and was talked about by the devs to be a vital part of the game, there were even plenty of threads about it (the Yen vs Triss thread which i think is the second biggest thread after this one, i might be wrong), yet what we get in the game is a complete biased approach to how the story is told. Shani got tossed aside (she may appear in the expansion however), and now to some extent (not as bad, but still bad nonetheless) the same has happened to Triss. I don't mind the focus being on Yen and Ciri in the storyline in fact i like it - imo it does those characters justice, but it is because Triss (and some other characters as well) gets sidelined that i am bitter about.

I really hope not because I would imagine the overwhelming majority of people who bought this game where not Polish and have never read the books, with the two previous games being their only source of The Witcher material.

I've been doing a lot of reading up since I finished my first playthrough and Triss is just as important to Ciri's story as Yen, from what I can see. Triss knew her before Yen, Triss was the one who supervised Ciri's Witcher training, and Triss was the one who stopped the witchers making her undergo the the trial of grasses and discovers she's a source (untrained mage). Yennefer's involvement starts after that point. I'm not trying to belittle Yennefer's role or her maternal relationship but given Triss has just as much history with the girl, her part in this story should have been equal.

Last edited:
If they chose to satisfy the book readers and the new players and not the people who's been playing the game since The Witcher 1 came out in 2007, they made a huge mistake.

I felt the same way too. I felt like they took away from Triss's content and added to Yennefer's, in both conversations and romance.

Triss was one the reasons The Witcher 2 assassin of kings became that famous and they will do good to remember that.

Not sure if it's appropriate to add this in here or not, but

I hate that picture.

When should the next update be?

There's a DLC each week but I wouldn't get your hopes up of any Triss love. From what I've read on the first page it will require the actors to be brought back in and record new lines which takes time and money. Given the sales figures, let's hope they have the latter. As for the former, more likely to see something in story-based DLC later in the year, perhaps next year.

Not to mention that Triss being in the game and her romance arc at the start felt like it was a "we are trying to create a love triangle, but ultimately it is intended for Geralt and Yen to be together and that Triss is to add to the drama of their relationship", of course romancing Triss was put there to please the Triss fans instead of making it a vital part of Geralt's most personal story - how can it be such a personal story when the woman Geralt is going to spend the rest of his life with barely gets any interactions in the second half and we don't see much interaction in front of us? are we suppose to use our imagination and assume Triss said more than "good luck" before the final battle?

It is just like you said that it looks like the devs put her into the game for the Triss fans and not necessarily there because she had a vital part to play. I don't know what the devs intentions were towards Triss but i hoped that they didn't go with the "now that we have Ciri and Yen back, we don't need to focus on Triss anymore".

I totally agree with you. Actually, my worst nightmare came true... Back in 2013 I read somewhere that one of the lead writer went to work on Cyberpunk (which you also mentioned earlier) and that was the moment when I thought "Oh sh*t... it probably means there will be dramatic changes in TW3 and maybe Triss won't have a significant role either..."
But you know... Even though I tried to be positive I had this bad feeling about the Triss content. Partly because it was clear that the devs were focusing too much on the Yen-Ciri-Geralt trio and unfortunately they forgot about the other characters. As you mentioned CDPR put her into the game just for the Triss fans and even though you can romance her to me it totally seems like: "You have your Triss. Be satisfied with it. It's more than nothing." But unfortunately you can feel it is rough-and-ready they even censored her love-scene at the tower. -.-'

REDs can introduce her as another LI to Geralt. So there is a chance we can loose our exclusive rights on "Somebody waits for me" line from the epilogue, lol.

Yep in fact at this point not much is exclusive to the Triss romance lol.

---------- Updated at 02:34 AM ----------

I totally agree with you. Actually, my worst nightmare came true... Back in 2013 I read somewhere that one of the lead writer went to work on Cyberpunk (which you also mentioned earlier) and that was the moment when I thought "Oh sh*t... it probably means there will be dramatic changes in TW3 and maybe Triss won't have a significant role either..."
But you know... Even though I tried to be positive I had this bad feeling about the Triss content. Partly because it was clear that the devs were focusing too much on the Yen-Ciri-Geralt trio and unfortunately they forgot about the other characters. As you mentioned CDPR put her into the game just for the Triss fans and even though you can romance her to me it totally seems like: "You have your Triss. Be satisfied with it. It's more than nothing." But unfortunately you can feel it is rough-and-ready they even censored her love-scene at the tower. -.-'

I feared that too, the devs spent 12 years working on the Witcher trilogy and for the majority of that time spent, Triss was one of their big characters in fact she was the lead and poster female for the games.....what happened did they get tired of her? but then they stuck with Geralt for 12 years i honestly don't know what their intentions were for these characters. The whole romance with Triss was like the devs saying that Yen and Geralt is accepted by the source material so "we are going with that but for fans who are dedicated to Triss we will give them that option too, but it certainly won't change what we plan for the Yen-Ciri-Geralt relationship.

Also speaking of Ciri, it isn't just the Triss romance arc that was half-baked, the interactions Triss had with the other characters was almost non-existent. The topic of Yen and Triss interactins with each other has already been discussed but with Ciri, Triss has like 2-3 interactions with her (and they are Triss greeting Ciri, the battle at Kaer Morhen and a quick line from Triss in Skellige), i mean when i got to the end and Ciri said "I have to do this for you, Yen, Triss" i was just thinking "Ciri according to this game you barely know Triss from what i have seen", Triss talks to Phillipa more than Geralt and Ciri in that final act (and she barely talks at all), so yeah it all needed to be expanded on - and all this links back to what i consider in my opinion to be that the devs didn't know what to do with Triss especially after Kaer Morhen.

That love scene, i don't see why they turned the camera away, it seems like something Bioware blessed.

Last edited:
Yep in fact at this point not much is exclusive to the Triss romance lol.

I'm wondering what if devs decided to save Triss for the DLC, but then changed their decision and made her a part of the main game? Her Novigrad quests line looks like a small expansion. Something like possible Shani and Oxenfurt. That's why you can break up with Yenn and tell your palls about it, but can't say anything special. Because maybe there will be more options to romance in a future. So if CDPR add Shani as a LI, there should be a foursome scene. Right? And then Saskia appears... and Fringilla... damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom