Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. I played the game twice and romanced both in different walkthroughs. Triss romance ending worked well for me. At the end of the day, endings with both sorceresses did not differ that much. In fact, I liked ending with Triss better because with Triss Geralt preserves his active role in the world while with Yennefer he pretty much nails his swords to the wall. For me it was quite ironic given dialogue with Dijkstra: he thought romancing Triss will keep Geralt out of politics while with Yennefer he will be constantly involved in affairs of the mighty. At the end of the day, quite the opposite happened

I am tentative to get involved, but I am passionate about this issue...

First, I think you are right, the romance in Act 1 & 2 feel pretty good, timed differently but it fit into the story well. The connection the player gets with EITHER romance works exceedingly well. The issue I think most have is, they JAMMED Triss into the story early and when done, its DONE! First in Novigrad her quest had LOTS of quests stashed between them. The timing is still slower in the beginning and there isn't a rush yet. So the player is on a 'do it all' or grind out some levels mentality so Triss quests were spaced out.

Yen may indeed have virtually the same amount of screen time(a chance for one additional 'intimate' scene though),but the devs hit you with her part really in a large chunk RIGHT at the turn of the dramatic plot of the story. They teased Yen at the beginning then again at the palace but after that...you don't see her until you get to Skelliga then BOOM! From the moment you hit the docks the player has Yen at your side; all through the Wake, stealing the mask and then onto the investigation of the cataclysm site. It even continues through to Frey's Garden and 'interrogating' Skjall.

When you finish that Yen immediately asks the player on the Last Wish quest. That HAS to be over 2 hours of gameplay where you had Yen right by your side non-stop the entire time! Because it is after the Novigrad(i did it both ways depending on the romance option), you tend to remember what you did last.

As for Triss, I don't think it was that much...it certainly doesn't FEEL like that much. Meet at the King of Beggars then do the Rats...she asks for your help with something else, drop by sometime...then there are several quests before you get back to her. There might have been another Triss quest in there but, I am thinking the next one was the Masquerade Ball. That was an important moment and VERY nicely done but once that is done, you get the "I need to see you, drop by when get the chance..." line again. That starts the end, the Now or Never quests.

Like I said, the total time on screen might be CLOSE but it doesn't feel that way to me and I think the impression that is left in the mind of the player is what matters.

Again, my only complaint is the fact that authors push you to make particular choice. In my first walkthrough, when completing "The last wish" quest I knew I had to say "No" at the end, but at the end I felt myself "nope, Geralt would not have done it..." I mean, seriously? I know a lot of people wrote about it, but once again: why the hell Geralt has only the option "Magic is gone"... Option "I like you, but sorry, now my heart is with someone else" could have worked much better.

YES!!! This is another of my peeves...

They should have tied these two quest lines together! They should have given the player more options...if he threw himself into a relationship with Triss early, Yen should sense it. On the docks she keeps teasing about reading Geralts mind, 'hiding something?' That should set up the Last Wish questions BASED on the players EARLIER decisions! If he has already gone all in with Triss, one set of answers for Yen...if he is unaffiliated(not done the Now or Never quest yet) there should be another. If he has sent Triss off...then he should probably had the default Last Wish list.

My point is, these two seminal events needed to be interwoven into the story so the characters later in the story COULD be made aware of it! I suggested that these two lines SHOULD have been connected MAIN story quests but I was thoroughly shouted down for that suggestion BUT...it would have removed all the excuses why later main story quests didn't seem to realize who Geralt had chosen.

Last edited:
Well... As I just finished the game most irritating part was that; well? But I will not just talk about Triss, my idea is about an ee if they willing to do that. In the game Geralts reletions with his friends was simply not enough. Let him got drunk with zoltan and dandelion and do stupit stuff like he did in kaer morhen with eskel and lambert. Maybe they can use zoltans owl (philippa) as kite or another tattoo or simply talk about love just like in witcher 1... Of course I have to mention dandelions date with elven tailor...

I don't know if anybody mention about alvins letter for geralt. At least we should talk about it with Triss. More side-quest with her to raise money for her. It would be nice to see her in kaer morhen in uma quest line. Yen and Tris actually fight over for Geralt like they mention in threesome quest. At least he should be able to ask what was the fate of mages that we saved in novigrad. Before we start the final war in skellige, it would be nice to see some sort of scene (for both yen and triss) that we talk and wish luck for each other. CDProjekt will not do anything after ending but if you choose triss and ciri is the heir of emhyr, it wouldn't be to hard for triss to become an emissary for kovir in nilfgaard for a happy ending.

I have read the first post only but as i see, CDProjekt is not willing to do any changes just for triss. It could only possible if they decided to add more interactions with friends like I mention in first place. I am not really good at english grammar (not even my own language) i hop that there isn't too much mistake and it can be understandable for you guys.

You guys ever wonder how the game (story and all) would be different if they kept Triss as the primary lover through-out all 3 games for Geralt? Like if Yen wasn't introduced or had a very minor role...I know Yen was the primary love interest in the books (no fighting pls), so it would have been cool to let Triss be the one for the game trilogy. Think how nice it would be if it was Triss at Kaer Morhen after the Ugly Baby quest trying to cure Uma or if it was her at the party after King Bran's funeral...Ah just wishful thinking...

Also I want Triss and Geralt to have a cool sex "toy". Yen has a stuffed life-sized Unicorn and Triss has a light-house...But banging on a Unicorn, that's living the dream.

They should have tied these two quest lines together! They should have given the player more options...if he threw himself into a relationship with Triss early, Yen should sense it. On the docks she keeps teasing about reading Geralts mind, 'hiding something?' That should set up the Last Wish questions BASED on the players EARLIER decisions! If he has already gone all in with Triss, one set of answers for Yen...if he is unaffiliated(not done the Now or Never quest yet) there should be another. If he has sent Triss off...then he should probably had the default Last Wish list.

When you meet Yen in Skellige, she really should ask about Triss if you have been to Novigrad. It seems like they have not met or spoken since before Yen and Geralt "died," and you would expect Yen to be concerned about her best friend even if she is mad at her. Triss does at least ask about Yen, but the script doesn't let that conversation go anywhere. Then by the time the Kaer Morhen battle arrives, Yen and Triss seem to be back to normal like the old days. I think we miss out on a lot of personality by not seeing the two of them meeting for the first time in 5 years. Of course Geralt isn't there to witness it, but they could have worked something out like a flashback.

---------- Updated at 07:11 PM ----------

I don't know if anybody mention about alvins letter for geralt. At least we should talk about it with Triss

This would have been a great conversation, because Alvin was a source like Ciri (weaker than Ciri of course) and tried unsuccessfully to stop the White Frost. It would have been a great opportunity for Triss to talk about Ciri's powers and the ways people might try to use them.

You guys ever wonder how the game (story and all) would be different if they kept Triss as the primary lover through-out all 3 games for Geralt? Like if Yen wasn't introduced or had a very minor role...I know Yen was the primary love interest in the books (no fighting pls), so it would have been cool to let Triss be the one for the game trilogy. Think how nice it would be if it was Triss at Kaer Morhen after the Ugly Baby quest trying to cure Uma or if it was her at the party after King Bran's funeral...Ah just wishful thinking...

Also I want Triss and Geralt to have a cool sex "toy". Yen has a stuffed life-sized Unicorn and Triss has a light-house...But banging on a Unicorn, that's living the dream.

They have ... shackles

If the game is all about Triss, many fan will consider Geralt's love for her is not genuine. Beside, it good to have a choice, in the first two game Triss is the obvious romance compare to other

They have ... shackles

If the game is all about Triss, many fan will consider Geralt's love for her is not genuine. Beside, it good to have a choice, in the first two game Triss is the obvious romance compare to other

I guess...but shackles aren't unique, I remember when I used handcuffs durin-....ummm

And don't get me wrong the game doesn't have to be about Triss, but just that if you know 100% from the beginning you're gonna pick her, you should be able to spend the most time with her.

I agree about the Triss content that is in the game is very well done and was also my favourite part of the game.

But I completely disagree with you about the romance not being unsatisfying. My first playthrough I was dying to talk to Triss after the lighthouse scene and was so disappointed when she wasn't at kaer morhen the first time. Then when she actually gets to kaer morhen you still can't talk or interact with her, you just go straight into the battle plan. Then she says nothing at Vesimir's funeral and leaves without talking to you again! Then she becomes a statue that says well and good luck on the boat in Skellige. And finally I didn't get to see her at the end of the game and just got a slideshow which was almost like btw in case you forgot you romanced Triss.

All I saw in the Triss romance was what could have been because it would have been some of the best moments I've had in a game if Triss was at Kaer Morhen from the beginning and if she had all the interactions I thought she would have in act 3. From what I was expecting and all the scenes I wanted to have with her it didn't even come close to being satisfying.

Fair enough. I agree that acts 2 and 3, and in particular Kaer Morhen, were desperately in need of some additional Triss dialogue. Yennefer, though, wasn't exactly bursting at the seams with things to say either. Whenever you approached her for a chit chat, she would repeat the same five or six lines about the Wild Hunt and her history with Geralt.

Also, to be fair, you do get the opportunity to talk about future plans with Triss in Act 3, and I found that scene very satisfying.

Most of these shortcomings, at least in my opinion, could easily be fixed by just recording a few additional lines with Triss, maybe adding a second romantic encounter, e.g. like the one Geralt has with Yennefer at Kaer Morhen. I don't think Triss fans are asking for too much.

Also, to be fair, you do get the opportunity to talk about future plans with Triss in Act 3, and I found that scene very satisfying.
Not arguing...just pointing out that, Yen got the same kind of treatment with the tent scene AND it had a much better dramatically appropriate timing coming right at the end.

Seems to a 'parting scene' for Triss(if she is the players romance choice) in the same tent after the strategy meeting, would have been nice...instead of "Good Luck!".

Most of these shortcomings, at least in my opinion, could easily be fixed by just recording a few additional lines with Triss, maybe adding a second romantic encounter, e.g. like the one Geralt has with Yennefer at Kaer Morhen. I don't think Triss fans are asking for too much.

Here I totally concur...some of the fixes COULD be done without VOs but to really 'fix' this...there is no getting out of a few more lines to be read. Maybe they will use the same VAs in CP2077 and let them read a few lines for the final TW3 patch!

---------- Updated at 08:31 PM ----------

Guys I haven't been so active last few days - any news I really cba to read all the posts I missed.

After a FLURRY of activity this morning...not much since. LOTS of book canon conversations the last 24 hrs...the MOD visit this morning really knocked the activity meter down a bit. :)

I think it would have satisfied everyone if the person you romanced ended up being the one that comes with you more often on the quests post-KM. If you pick both, then I guess it would just have to default to Yen.

I guess...but shackles aren't unique, I remember when I used handcuffs durin-....ummm

And don't get me wrong the game doesn't have to be about Triss, but just that if you know 100% from the beginning you're gonna pick her, you should be able to spend the most time with her.

I agree. Returning players go into the game already knowing who their romance choice is going to be. Since W1 and W2 I new I was going after Triss. With the intro of Yen character I didn't even consider her a romantic option because, I felt Geralt moved on since his amnesia.

He got his memories back and decided to go looking for Yen. Cool, but in his heart he had fallen in love with Triss, she wasn't perfect and was by no mean without skeletons but they developed a relation based on mutual trust, respect and love.

So much time was spend on making NPC all across the world have dialog and not enough time of working out both romantic interest to make the character feel whole. You want closure not more questions at the end of the game. At the end I was left with the golden question (WTF)

During act 3 with the exception of phillipa quest, Triss was literally a cardboard cutout. No interactions, during every conversation you had earlier in the game she said she would give you the details later. Act three was perfect time for hashing out and discussing those details and future plans, Act 3 would have been great of they had taken the time for Geralt, Triss, Ciri, and Yen to work out their situation and come to an understanding.

I know we discussed this in length but, in Kaer Morhen after Yen stole a kiss of joy, I didn't have a problem with it because, I felt Geralt would greet Triss properly afterwards, beside he didn't kiss Yen back, he just stood there suprise. I expected him to walk over to Triss, hug her and say something like welcome, I've missed you, and then kiss her or something instead we got "damm it's good to see you again" but, even that's up for debate because, no one knows who Geralt was adressing.

After the lack of response and any major interaction before the battle, the kiss at Kaer Morhen really pissed me off. The whole act 3 was rushed like we've been saying and we end the game with a huge dark void.

---------- Updated at 02:40 AM ----------

I think it would have satisfied everyone if the person you romanced ended up being the one that comes with you more often on the quests post-KM. If you pick both, then I guess it would just have to default to Yen.

Don't take offense but, screw defaulting to Yen. If you pick both you get none and go along. If you pick Triss then you get Triss to come along, if you pick Yen you get her instead. The game did a lot of defaulting to Yen if you ask me and it was sickening.

Edited funeral scene (triss romance option)

Well, I know this isn't perfect...not in format but, I haven't done a screenplay since my college days...god that was nearly 15 years ago.

This is the scene 'fix' I shared a few nights past done in screenplay style. I know the format might be off but, anyway...content right?

I wanted to put it in spoiler tags but it HOSES up the formatting :( If you are not interested in this, sorry...

EXISTING CUT:

EXT. VESEMIR'S FUNERAL -- NIGHT

VESEMIR'S Funeral pyre is burning. Ciri has just ran off, GERALT turns back to face the pyre, TRISS is in foreground GERALT'S right.

AVALLAC'H steps into scene next to GERALT
AVALLAC'H
Va fail.

CUT TO:

TRISS near fill left screen, crying. AVALLAC'H at GERALT'S side. YENNIFER distant right, arms crossed, closed off. ESKEL far right, arms crossed. All facing fire, red glow reflecting on them.
AVALLAC'H
For those who remain, death should never take precedence over life.
Pay your last respects to your friend. Then we must hold council.

AVALLAC'H turns and leaves just the four in the scene. GERALT looks even more beat and sad.

CUT TO:

Close up of VESEMIR's FUNERAL PYRE
FADE TO BLACK:

=====HERE CUT SCENE ENDS=====

What follows would be my suggestion:

Instead of the FADE TO BLACK

====MAYBE THIS=====

CUT TO:

Close up of GERALT from waist up, hands clinched at his side. Clearly in pain.

TRISS' shoulder and arm enters frame left, GERALT'S right. TRISS' hand brushes GERALT'S and there is a moment of hesitation. Finally GERALT'S hand grabs TRISS'. The hands lace fingers and they squeeze.
PAN BACK:

TRISS and GERALT turn to face each other, GERALT puts his head on TRISS' shoulder. Her right hand cradles GERALT'S head.

GERALT stands up straight and leans down toward TRISS, pressing his forehead to hers. Holding that for a moment, eyes closed he silently whispers something.

After a moment the two step away, TRISS still holding his hand. GERALT nods to her and she returns it with a nod and a supportive look and sad smile.

CUT TO:

Close up of VESEMIR's FUNERAL PYRE
FADE TO BLACK:

END CUT SCENE:

Anyway, this is the kind of thing I've been working on...hope you enjoy it (or simply tolerate it)!

@Riddlin

I like your posts. But all this wordless scenes make me sad. It's just like daily reminder that we might end up with no new dialogues if REDs decide there is everything alright and nothing should be fixed.

@Riddlin

I like your posts. But all this wordless scenes make me sad. It's just like daily reminder that we might end up with no new dialogues if REDs decide there is everything alright and nothing should be fixed.

Well, honestly, I can only think of three total scenes where no VO would work AND make sense. Two of the three are intimate scenes and there isn't any words for them anyway.

No, all I am trying to do is SHOW that something can be done without the VO talent having to be brought back. I have a feeling more than half of the the VA in TW3 will be used for CP2077...there is a GOOD chance we will see a REDUEX of a lot of scenes but it may take 18+ months til that happens. Until then, a few wordless ones could tighten the story some...

But that is just one old guys view on it :) Thanks for taking the time to read through my stuff though!

Omg please no.

Four years ago I was really sad that "The Witcher II" includes no Shani. I made a romance with her in the first part cause I really liked her. And what I found next? Shani is gone and Geralt in the bed with Triss and Shani was only... in the letter. Wtf? Many people asked to bring that girl back but nothing.

So, dear CDPR, if you are really gonna add some new content, add it not only for Triss. I know that #TeamTriss is a really mad formation sometimes acting just like cultists but really, don't make this game better only for them. This game is for everyone. And not every the witcher fan likes Triss (I know many people who even hate her). We had enough, even too much Triss in The Witcher II.

Add more content for Triss? Add more content for everyone: for Fringilla, for Yennefer, for Dandellion, for Zoltan etc.
Don't turn the game into global #TeamTriss fanservice. Please.

Add more content for Triss? Add more content for everyone: for Fringilla, for Yennefer, for Dandellion, for Zoltan etc.
Don't turn the game into global #TeamTriss fanservice. Please.

*Woosh*
That's the sound of you missing the entire point of this thread.
We want to fix the inconsistencies in the plot regarding romance choices. Additional content would just be a bonus.

We had enough, even too much Triss in The Witcher II.

...she was missing the majority of the game....

You are just asking for a new game, not content.

EDIT: Ok...made me look like I reverse ninja'd ya :D

Welcome to the forums!

Please remember to vote and visit the FIRST page if you are interested in the purpose of this thread :)

Any questions please, we are all very helpful here!

Last edited:
Well, honestly, I can only think of three total scenes where no VO would work AND make sense. Two of the three are intimate scenes and there isn't any words for them anyway.

No, all I am trying to do is SHOW that something can be done without the VO talent having to be brought back. I have a feeling more than half of the the VA in TW3 will be used for CP2077...there is a GOOD chance we will see a REDUEX of a lot of scenes but it may take 18+ months til that happens. Until then, a few wordless ones could tighten the story some...

But that is just one old guys view on it Thanks for taking the time to read through my stuff though!

Honestly i read all new scenes, dialogues and other complicated suggestions people write here, with one eye closed. I'm a moron and i'm afraid to spoil myself something cool in case if REDs would decide to use one of this written scenes in the actual game. Yes. lol. I believe when i will play the golden edition or EE of W3 i would be confused like: "Wait a minute i have read this dialogues in that thread more than year ago. I already know what's coming next." Maybe this is too far from reality but i want to avoid that. So i'm so sorry guys for rarely commenting all this i'm sure interesting writings. :fun:

Honestly i read all new scenes, dialogues and other complicated suggestions people write here, with one eye closed. I'm a moron and i'm afraid to spoil myself something cool in case if REDs would decide to use one of this written scenes in the actual game. Yes. lol. I believe when i will play the golden edition or EE of W3 i would be confused like: "Wait a minute i have read this dialogues in that thread more than year ago. I already know what's coming next." Maybe this is too far from reality but i want to avoid that. So i'm so sorry guys for rarely commenting all this i'm sure interesting writings. :fun:

No worries! And I only DREAM I could translate my degrees in Writing and History into some form of creative role in the formation of a game like this! It would be a dream come true!

Though, being ask to be a DM at Gen Con ranks right up there with that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom