• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope your referencing that ridiculous/infamous Bioware I thread

Anyway, it's nice to see a dev respond and especially nice to know the studio knows about this issue. There's hope!

Lol interesting question hahaha. Not a clue. Not something I think about. Lol

Writes 9000+ word essay on DLC idea.
No one reads it

People are entitled to their opinion but I gotta wonder at the folks who voted "I don't like Triss.". On what grounds? She literally doesn't do anything unlikeable. Did I miss something? Maybe it's folks who didn't like her from the books. o_O

As weird as it may sounds. Some of people that I talked to and didn't like Triss, didn't like her because they read the books before they played the game. Most of the people who liked Triss. Did it the other way around they played the games first and after that they read the books (I've noticed that in a few cases). I read the books first and the few moments she had with Geralt in them made me love her.
Jaimi Barbakoff - The voice actress who played Triss in TW2 and TW3, really gave more life to the character.

Last edited:
As weird as it may sounds. Some of people that I talked to and didn't like Triss, didn't like her because they read the books before they played the game. Most of the people who likes Triss. Did it the other way around they played the games first and after that they read the books (I've noticed that in a few cases).
Jaimi Barbakoff - The voice actress who played Triss in TW2 and TW3, really gave more life to the character.
I love her voice. There's something special about it.

As weird as it may sounds. Some of people that I talked to and didn't like Triss, didn't like her because they read the books before they played the game. Most of the people who likes Triss. Did it the other way around they played the games first and after that they read the books (I've noticed that in a few cases).
Yeah! That was my case before I played TW2, (but I didn't liked her in TW1 as love for Geralt, not like person) after Jaimi Barbakoff voice and Triss itself I fell in love with her, and replayed TW1 were Geralt romanced her, before he didn't romanced anyone,/ :)

I was so eager to see Geralt and Triss meet in Novigrad... Game tells you they broke up.
I was so eager to meet her in Kaer Morhen... She's not there.
I was so eager to talk to her on the boat... Well?

Devastation. That pretty much sums up my Triss's experience.

Still, the game was amazing. And if there is a company that listens to its fans, that's CDPR. I'm sure they'll solve this in some way!

Last edited:
:D! Yay someone read it lol. Well to be honest I wouldn't Blane anyone if they'd missed it I only posted it yesterday soooon, probably about 100 pages back lol.

I just thought the idea wasn't tooo, far fetched and frankly feel the ending in the game didn't really wrap up anything and instill don't no what happened to pracilla lol. Intake it she recoverd but we can never bring it up with dandelion.

And if you did chose triss you never get to talk to her about the future like she said she would at the fountain in Novigrad. Mmmmm. Just wanted something to wrap up with lol.

Even at the tent, where she walks past Geralt, she could of waited for the other members to leave before walking to Geralt with a worried look on her face putting her hand on his shoulder, with Geralt responding with the same look, but then Triss would see Avallach wanting to talk to Geralt and at that point she would say "good luck" and walk off (of course i think no Triss fan would be content with just a good luck, but little facial expressions and interactions don't require the voice actor and may of mad a small scene have more impact).

This is just my opinion on some small little things that may of added more meaning to the scenes at the end with Triss and her relationship with Geralt (if she was romanced). It is one thing to have more scenes with Triss in the game and another to make it meaningful.

Thanks for your kind words...I do appreciate it.

The above portion, WAS on my to do...BUT...to really fix that, it would need the VAs. I'll try to work out what I see in it, the DREAM I have for it, and post it later. I think it could be very simple, very few lines but it would have to be NEW recording :(

It's really unfair how Yennefer doesn't show her feet while Triss does!!

Triss has her feet! Ciri her belly button! What does Yennefer get!? shoulders!?

Thanks for your kind words...I do appreciate it.

The above portion, WAS on my to do...BUT...to really fix that, it would need the VAs. I'll try to work out what I see in it, the DREAM I have for it, and post it later. I think it could be very simple, very few lines but it would have to be NEW recording :(

Not necessarily. You could get around it couldn't you by maybe pinching speech sounds? From other parts of the game? Or a silent interaction? Not 100% sure not looked into it tbh

---------- Updated at 12:22 PM ----------

YEN GETS NOTHING! SHE'S HAD GERALT IN THE BOOKS. NO FEETFOR YOU. Sorry lol haha.
But really feet? That's your complaint lol

The rose could of been discussed by them should they get back together, with Triss saying something like "You don't need to tell me anymore, the rose you gave me has come back in full life, just like the love we have for each other" (i don't know, sounds a bit ridiculous reading it, but if it fits the mood of the scene, then it would work).

You know, again it could all be the timing thing...if Geralt has set it up to return to Triss, i.e., broken it off with Yen already), when he asks Triss about the rose(its in the player's Quest Item list right), SHE could make her statement but "NOTICE" that one of the leaves has turned bright and lively again...que shocked look but she hides it and plays it off as nothing.

I know its been done many time, like the white tree in LotR, but if Triss were to notice the rose returning to life there...it would set stage for things later.

Not necessarily. You could get around it couldn't you by maybe pinching speech sounds? From other parts of the game? Or a silent interaction? Not 100% sure not looked into it tbh

This is exactly how I would do it IF "forced" to do this stuff via mods...I just hope we aren't FORCED to do that :)

Agreed, but I suppose at the end of the day that's what mods where there for. But I just hope that we don't have to resort to it! I would have thought RED Wouldn't let us resort to Making a mod to improve our experience :0! Still :p!

We'll update you as soon as we can.

Is there anyway I can FedEx you a hug??? You probably wouldn't like one from a 50yo fat guy but, "...Brothers gotta HUG!" :D

---------- Updated at 07:59 AM ----------

Wow there is a lot of "Enough triss in the game" in the reddit poll :facepalm:

Hope the RED won't see it ^^

Whats the line, Haters gonna hate...

You could put a poll out on REDDIT and ask;

1) More Ice Cream
2) Less Ice Cream
3) Too much Ice Cream already
4) Whats Ice Cream?

And a large portion will choose 3 just to be arbitrary... pfft...too much ice cream...thats crazy talk.
:)

---------- Updated at 08:02 AM ----------

i absolutely love seeing so much support for one (if not the most) of the greatest characters to grace our screens, (pc, consoles etc) ok i am extremely biased. Also......

Geralt: No offense, but
Triss: Offense taken. Stop talking and lead the way

See even their banter/disagreements are awesome to see, they are great for each other. I seriously would love more banter between Triss, Phillipa, Yen and Geralt lol.

To be fair, the string of funnies Geralt and Yen share in Frey's Garden...IF you come back up and talk to her...is fabulous! :)

---------- Updated at 08:11 AM ----------

What does Yennefer get!? shoulders!?

I just can't force myself to answer...

Yen, Ciri and Keira are all barefoot at some point in the game. Triss never is!

I have used your post against you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom