The tutorial needs a serious redone

+
The tutorial needs a serious redone

Right now the tutorial could also be titled with "things to never do when playing an actual Gwent game".

First of all why not give the opponent a scorch in the first one so it actually matters which card you play first and then tell the player whether he made the right or wrong choice (Also the ballista is on the wrong lane). Then you are forcing us to get rid of some of the strongest cards in our starting hand instead of giving us crap cards which make actual sense to throw away.

It might be a matter to discuss over, but I don't think "play your strongest card first" is a good general advice to give to new players. In the given case it's not that bad because Geralt is a gold unit, but I can already see a lot of frustrated new players which got their whole army scorched in the first round because *someone* told them to play their strongest unit early.

Also, why in the world would you use a five damage unit to kill a two strength enemy if you have a two damage unit IN YOUR HAND and no particular strategy which requires it to stay there?

Then, why does the opponent pass the third round when he still has cards in hand? Are you not confident enough in your tutorial to let the player play a whole game?
Why not have a tutorial which goes a bit further than "press A to play a card" and "leaders are a thing that exists". Teach the newbies some semi-advanced tactics, like having a single strong unit and/or irregular strength levels to cover scorch.

Last edited:
I think as an intro tutorial, the current one is just fine. It has to start simple and give the basics for people who have never played before. Perhaps they can add a second more advanced tutorial to cover some things like you describe.

I think as an intro tutorial, the current one is just fine...
Agreed, but changes could be made because a lot of people might make classic customer mistakes per say playing bad coused by tutorial hinting some bad strategy or thinking that clear skies works exactly like in witcher 3, which i even went as far as to call it a bug (sorry for that), but that mistake made me realise i probably won't be only person to do that.

I think that a good way to minimalize those mistakes is to create an option which states our time spend on other games. example:
-never played any card game.
-played some CCG, but not Gwent in Wicher 3.
-Played that Gwent like crazy.

Cousing to play one of 3 tutorial games based on your experience and giving the player the knowledge of what has changed or showing the strategy for the game. Which enables him to jump into the action knowing that the possibility of him making an error is minimal, of course it's not a technical issue which automaticly makes it low-prio

EDIT: this post is modified version of post #16 in:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Clear-Skies?p=3101551&viewfull=1#post3101551

Last edited:
Wait a sec. Clear skies has changed? How?

That's a good idea with the different tutorials based on experience.

Top Bottom