The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is only speculation of course, but I think the direction the series will take in the future (protagonist, locations, how if it all it ties into the existing trilogy and/or the books, etc.) has already been decided a while ago, and the next game might be in pre-production now. So, these statements about Geralt's story being over, the next title not being called "The Witcher 4", and so on could be made knowing reasonably well what the continuation will be like.

Hope so. As long as they got the license, they'd be daft not to use it. The Black Sun isn't quite resolved, if they want another game about prophecy.

There is no way they can make a fourth witcher game as a sequel to the third and don't go to nilfgaard. The fourth game has to play in nilfgaard or in the world of the wild hunt. No other way.

As far as I know, it was confirmed the next game would not be a sequel nor called "The Witcher 4", it will be a new story. But it is probably still a long way off (at least a few years after Cyberpunk 2077), so anything could happen.

Last edited:
how many years do you think this new witcher project is going to take them to develop? They usually take 4 years to make games and for this they already have the game engine developed since they are going to use redengine 4, first game with non-new engine so I do believe it is going to take less time.

how many years do you think this new witcher project is going to take them to develop? They usually take 4 years to make games and for this they already have the game engine developed since they are going to use redengine 4, first game with non-new engine so I do believe it is going to take less time.

There is no plan for any major project involving The WItcher Series. I would imagine Gwent and Cyberpunk are well absorbing everyone's time.

That being said...you never know what's going on behind every door. :) Nor what the future plans may be.

There is no plan for any major project involving The WItcher Series. I would imagine Gwent and Cyberpunk are well absorbing everyone's time.

That being said...you never know what's going on behind every door. :) Nor what the future plans may be.
Correct if I am wrong but I thought they confirmed they have plans for a new game related to witcher universe, didn't they? I knew they are currently only working on Cyberpunk which is really strange considering how their company grew after releasing TW3.

Correct if I am wrong but I thought they confirmed they have plans for a new game related to witcher universe, didn't they? I knew they are currently only working on Cyberpunk which is really strange considering how their company grew after releasing TW3.

According to everything I've read or heard, the statements are that CDPR maintains the rights to The Witcher, and that it has no intentions of setting them aside. That's not the same thing as saying, "We're presently developing the next game set in The Witcher universe."

Although, I may have missed something...

Blood and Wine was a beautiful send off for Geralt and Co. Leave him be in Corvo Bianco. If you're still itching to stay in the Witcher universe, I suggest reading up on the books. I started The Last Wish this week and plan to read the rest of the novels.
Having said that, I wouldn't mind a remaster of Witcher 1 and maybe even 2 in the future (after CDPR is completely done with their Cyberpunk 2077 universe). I watched "remasters" of The Witcher 1 Kaer Morhen Prologue in the Witcher 3 RED engine and it looked great!
I agree, this whole pick your own ending only ruins franchises, limits developers, and serves to disappoint you when you get a sequel, because it can never be tailored for your own ending
They could still pick one cannon ending for Witcher 3, at least most of it, they do have time in their side, considering at least in the games Geralt is not old.
I proposed that they should do games with Geralt and all new characters set in places we didn't get to visit yet, places where your choices in Witcher 3 don't change anything, like Zerrikania, meanwhile moving the story to one point. For example they could pick Witcher Ciri, so they should come up with something to explain why she leaves the throne and goes on the path instead, for the people who got the empress ending.

I really do not understand why CDPR wastes time with this Thronebreaker game. They should have done a new DLC for Wild Hunt... For example, helping Triss in Kovir or teaching Ciri to become a witcher as told in the ending video... This DLC could be a nice prologue to a Witcher 4.

I mean guys, there is a Netflix serie about Geralt of Rivia next year. Best marketing to sell a new DLC and the whole game to people who never played it before.

Meve ? Who cares about Meve ?

Imagine in Witcher world, playing as doppler that survived Witcher's mutations and now he got the power to turn into any beast/creature from the witcher universe that he ever killed and "magically consumed".

I really do not understand why CDPR wastes time with this Thronebreaker game. They should have done a new DLC for Wild Hunt... For example, helping Triss in Kovir or teaching Ciri to become a witcher as told in the ending video... This DLC could be a nice prologue to a Witcher 4.

I mean guys, there is a Netflix serie about Geralt of Rivia next year. Best marketing to sell a new DLC and the whole game to people who never played it before.

Meve ? Who cares about Meve ?

The people that care about Meve. For example, players like myself who are very much looking forward to the story elements. And the wide range of people that have spent the last couple of years working day-in and day-out to create the gameplay, the narrative, the artwork... Not to mention the original creators of the Thronebreaker concept.

As for more Witcher content, it was stated a long, long while ago that work on new gameplay additions was complete.

Also, CDPR isn't involved in the Netflix series. Totally different team, totally different vision. No need to "market" anything in that regard.

i believe they have not the manpower for a new game or dlc if they all work on cp77 but maybe the untitled new game is about the witcher? who knows. everything about witcher now has to be the top because the third was that good!

So this is what I want Witcher 4 to be about.

Witcher 4: The Gaze of Gods [W4:GG]

Chapter 1: A Family Outing

Yennefer or Triss, depending on previous choices, accompanties Geralt and Ciri on a trip throughout some neighboring minor worlds that are free of inhabitants. Ciri wants to show them that wild plants are growing on a once desolate world and she wants Geralt and Yenn/Triss to help her figure out whether there are some new potions or foods that can be made from them. Recently Ciri has been contemplating making more money by starting a business - this is the ambition that she inherited from her biological father comingn through. She wants to rebuild the Witcher school but instead of young children she'll focus on training non-human witchers so that the balance of power between humans and nonhumans can balance out. This is Ciri's new ambition. Geralt isn't particularly enthusiastic about her new plans, but he isn't particularly against them either. [Lol That's our Geralt.]

Yenn/Triss recognizes one of the plants as one of the legendary sources of magic that orginally flowed into their world ages ago. She immediately tells Geralt that she is going to need to build a second home in this new empty world so that she can study the plant which she refers to as Dark Ambrose. Ciri immediately expresses excitement when she hears this.

Geralt says, "Dark Ambrose... nuh uh. I'll have no part in it. And neither should you."

Yenn/Triss says, "Geralt I never knew you as the superstitious type."

Geralt says, "Hmmmn... If what you say is true, then Ithis Dark Ambrose is what's responsible for all monsters in our world, including the Wild Hunt. No...I'm not superstitious. But I'm not stupid either. Leave it alone Triss/Yenn"

Ciri and Triss/Yenn continue to gawk over teh Dark Ambrose as if Geralt had said nothing at all. So Geralt huffs and puffs and obstinently starts to meditate on teh ground. He wants to leave, right then and there, but without Ciri, it's impossible for him. So he has so sit and wait.

Hours pass and finally Ciri and Yenn/Triss are ready to leave Geralt grumbles, "It's about time, you two. Oh yeah, and this is the last time I go along with either of you on one of these little trips." They walk to the place wehre they are going to return to their world and Geralt asks them what did they do with the Dark Ambrose. They both reveal huge leather pouches full of the stuff. Shocked, Geralt, exclaims... "This... you... how... ugh...Why do I get the feeling that I'll be the one who has to clean up after this mess?"

Triss/Yenn, "That's why we love you." She leans over to hug Geralt but suddenly a black claw leaps forth from out of the bouquet of Dark Ambrose that Triss/Yenn was holding and pierces Geralt in the chest.

Ciri immediately slices the wrist off of the claw but the hand area of the claw penetrates into Geralts chest and begins burrowing itself inside of him. THey watch unable to do anything as the wound that the claw had made begins to magically mend itself closed, sealing the claw inside of Geralt's chest.

Triss/Yenn "Geralt!! "

Geralt lifts his head and says, "Wait!!... ..." Then he starts laughing.

Ciri and Yenn/Triss wait not knowing what to do.

Geralt: "You two had better get outta here" in a low growly voice that seems almost like he's somebody else.

Triss/Yenn: "Geralt? No! No don't be ridiculous. H-how are you feeling? Something just... went... inside of you. And this time it wasn't a unicorn."

Gerallt: takes out his hand and caresses Triss/Yenn on the check. And then without saying a word he casts Igni directly on her face. Triss/Yenn writhes on the floor in panic and Ciri surmises quickly that something getting Triss/Yenn somewhere safe is now her first priority so using her super speed she grabs Triss/Yenn and flees back to theiir home world.

--

Geralt sits alone in an empty world. A weird bell like music plays and weird shadows and light start to cooelesce all around him. This time Geralt looks up and he asks the simple question, but this time in his own voice, "Ok... I get it... So, what do you want?"

To be continued... maybe lol

Top Bottom