The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
I loved every second i spent playing this game, my only criticism is that the game went flatter when the wild hunt finished. If elements of the dlc's had been incorporated into the main game, and the wild hunt storyline streched over both dlc's, not neccessarily more content, just keep the main game going right to the end.

I need W4, I cant play other rpg after W3 :(

You can! TW3 will be forever lauded for what it achieved. (Truly, I hope we never see "The Witcher 4: [Whatever]". Another game set in The Witcher universe -- sure! But the story arc of Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion, etc. is done. Resurrecting it at this point would be a huge mistake, I think -- serving nothing but to cheapen the dramatic action that made TW1-3 so amazing.)

If The Witcher was ever revisted, I think we need to go back to the Conjunction of the Spheres. And it needs to echo the dramatic action of TW1-3: we'll see "the beginning". We'll experience a wealth of very vulnerable, human stories. We'll grow alongside new characters forced into horrible circumstances. We'll get a peek into the workings of this universe. But, we'll never learn the full story. How did we get from that...to Geralt of Rivia? So many hundreds or thousands of years to account for...

You can! TW3 will be forever lauded for what it achieved. (Truly, I hope we never see "The Witcher 4: [Whatever]". Another game set in The Witcher universe -- sure! But the story arc of Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion, etc. is done. Resurrecting it at this point would be a huge mistake, I think -- serving nothing but to cheapen the dramatic action that made TW1-3 so amazing.)

I strongly disagree. The mojority of the Witcher fans will be extremely happy to get a brand new installment to the series, The Witcher 4, playing as Geralt again.
I know the series was initiallly planned as a trilogy, and CDPR seems to think Geralt's story is over. But things can change, plans can change, thoughts can change. A 4th witcher game will only strengthen the legacy of the series let alone cheapening it.

Tbh it would be really weird for me if Witcher 4 would be without Geralt as the main protagonist. For me, Geralt is one true witcher. Really can't imagine playing this game without him. But if the main protagonist would be Ciri then it has to be story wise before wild hunt otherwise it would be very strange and messed up because in one of the wild hunt endings Ciri dies.
Personally, i would love to go back in time and explore the story before Geralt lost his memory, how he met Yen, Triss etc.

I think CP will be great for The Witcher. They'll learn new things and apply that to tell even better stories when they come back to The Witcher, and they'll also be fresh. While many of us would be satisfied with Witcher 3.5, that's not what CDPR is about.

I hope the new Witcher game maybe called the Witcher Universe or something? Starts in the distant future, with a new life for Witchers and Sorceresses, sort of in demand for slaying monsters. Not just in this world but in different dimensions as well, maybe? That gives opportunity to introduce new and more powerful monsters. A new world overflowing with monsters and welcoming monster slayers.

Also character creations, because we all want to be our own "witcher" with our own storyline honestly. Have the option to be a classic witcher with mutations, or a new kind of witcher like Ciri. Or be a Mage, or hunter. Also have the freedom to choose schools, like wolf or viper, or mage, or learn something from all of them. Have the journey start out as a young kid, kind of like the trial of the grass, then progress to adulthood. Depending on what school you choose, have the old characters be your mentor. Like an older Geralt would be your mentor for the wolf school like Vesemir was in W3. Have him accompany you early in the game, also have Yen or Triss in there (depending on who you chose in your game) to teach you magic if you choose no mutations. Have the ability to create and choose your won weapon. 2 swords no longer needed, any silver and steel weapon will do. Then when your ready, set off to the world and earn your title.

It would also be awesome to have endless hunts or siege battles or fortress defense. The defense battle at Kaer Morhen was really fun in W3. Like defend Ciris castle in the new game (depends on the ending you chose in your game), then Include battle strategies in the defense/offense of it. Upgrade your fortress, say your school or something as you progress in your game.
By the end of W3 B&W, you had all these things but its a little boring when theres nothing left to do but revisit everything and kill weaker opponents. It would be nice even after you beaten the game to be able to continue to go on quests hunting strong monsters or hunt down criminals, trying to locate them in your world. Have tournaments and battle other witcher schools or something.
This could be an online thing. Build your own reputable school/guild of sorts, have the ability to customize/upgrade it. Have your own party/members/army, then defend it or conquer another players online. Have quests in another players world, like join up to raid monster dens/dungeons.

Having this feature would make the game forever playable, in an ongoing term. You would get to enjoy your endgame gears and weapons longer.

Not just in this world but in different dimensions as well, maybe? That gives opportunity to introduce new and more powerful monsters. A new world overflowing with monsters and welcoming monster slayers.

Adding new types of monsters is definitely interesting, but the way I see it is that it does not have to be a different world setting. For example, maybe the short effect of the second conjunction of the spheres in W3 resulted in the invasion of new threats from different dimensions, which requires the unique set of skills of witchers in order to face the new dangers.

Also character creations, because we all want to be our own "witcher" with our own storyline honestly. Have the option to be a classic witcher with mutations, or a new kind of witcher like Ciri. Or be a Mage, or hunter.

Considering the three endings of W3 may be helpful in this case. For instance, the ending where Ciri becomes a witcheress can be used to have Ciri as a second playable character, along with Geralt, that have more than one skill path that can be tweaked towards more mutation skills or more magic skills etc... This dual character mode will allow players to have a versatile gaming experience, especially in combat and interactions, that can provide a unique experience to each playthrough, such as the story of Chris Redfield and Piers Nivans in Resident Evil 6. This can also apply in the ending where Ciri becomes a queen as Geralt and also either Yen or Triss, but it will be difficult in case we had 'it takes three to tango', will become her trusted companions, but I doubt becoming a queen would involve learning magical skills or acquiring mutagens, so maybe Ciri would learn such skills in secret or maybe it has to be something else entirely. Similarly, in the ending where Geralt hunts the last crone, Ciri's skill set would take another direction as she will be lost between different realms, after she ecountered the white frost, so maybe she would become something else in these realms until she can be reunited again with Geralt.

Also have the freedom to choose schools, like wolf or viper, or mage, or learn something from all of them.

This can be perfect for the continuing the line of quests of finding the different schools' gear in W3. So Geralt will continue his journey to find the special mutagens of the different schools which will unlock multiple skill paths that can be customized by choosing different skills from different schools that can create new sorts of combos.

Have the journey start out as a young kid, kind of like the trial of the grass, then progress to adulthood. Depending on what school you choose, have the old characters be your mentor. Like an older Geralt would be your mentor for the wolf school like Vesemir was in W3. Have him accompany you early in the game, also have Yen or Triss in there (depending on who you chose in your game) to teach you magic if you choose no mutations.

I think it would be quite interesting to experience the journey of becoming a witcher. I believe it would be quite fitting to have this phase also focused on Ciri as Geralt will be her mentor and we can possibly experience more flashbacks of Ciri while she was at Kaer Morhen, and that maybe she secretly passed the trial of the grass with only Geralt's knowing of this. Then in the present setting of the game, Geralt continues to teach her how to acquire new skills, and Yen or Triss walking Ciri through honing her magical skills. But again I do not how this training of either Yen or Triss will play out in case we had 'it takes three to tango' :D

Have the ability to create and choose your won weapon. 2 swords no longer needed, any silver and steel weapon will do.

I just wish that we would get a more complex crafting system. So instead of crafting a full sword from a single diagram, maybe we should be able to craft each part of the sword or weapon and combine different parts together to get unique effects. So for instance, the blade, guard, hilt, and pommel parts of a sword can be separately crafted and matched with a certain diagram or make a hybrid one.

It would also be awesome to have endless hunts or siege battles or fortress defense. The defense battle at Kaer Morhen was really fun in W3. Like defend Ciris castle in the new game (depends on the ending you chose in your game), then Include battle strategies in the defense/offense of it. Upgrade your fortress, say your school or something as you progress in your game.

Indeed. For example, the system of Shadow of War offered a quite enjoyable fortress sieges. But I felt that it became dull after completing the main story of Shadow of War, so maybe, if applied in a witcher release, it needs something more. But yes, it should be dependent on the ending we reach in W3. In fact, making this fortress siege system dependent on each of the three endings can offer more varied system that takes ages to get bored from. For example, in the ending where Geralt hunts the last crone, this can allow us to capture and defend monster dens instead of fortresses as Geralt would find allies among monsters, similar to Talion, after defeating the ladies of the wood. In the ending where Ciri becomes a witcheress, we can rebuild other schools' fortresses, including Kaer Morhen.

By the end of W3 B&W, you had all these things but its a little boring when theres nothing left to do but revisit everything and kill weaker opponents. It would be nice even after you beaten the game to be able to continue to go on quests hunting strong monsters or hunt down criminals, trying to locate them in your world. Have tournaments and battle other witcher schools or something.
This could be an online thing. Build your own reputable school/guild of sorts, have the ability to customize/upgrade it. Have your own party/members/army, then defend it or conquer another players online. Have quests in another players world, like join up to raid monster dens/dungeons.

Having this feature would make the game forever playable, in an ongoing term. You would get to enjoy your endgame gears and weapons longer.

I completely agree with this.

Adding new types of monsters is definitely interesting, but the way I see it is that it does not have to be a different world setting. For example, maybe the short effect of the second conjunction of the spheres in W3 resulted in the invasion of new threats from different dimensions, which requires the unique set of skills of witchers in order to face the new dangers.

This can be perfect for the continuing the line of quests of finding the different schools' gear in W3. So Geralt will continue his journey to find the special mutagens of the different schools which will unlock multiple skill paths that can be customized by choosing different skills from different schools that can create new sorts of combos.

I just wish that we would get a more complex crafting system. So instead of crafting a full sword from a single diagram, maybe we should be able to craft each part of the sword or weapon and combine different parts together to get unique effects. So for instance, the blade, guard, hilt, and pommel parts of a sword can be separately crafted and matched with a certain diagram or make a hybrid one.

Indeed. For example, the system of Shadow of War offered a quite enjoyable fortress sieges. But I felt that it became dull after completing the main story of Shadow of War, so maybe, if applied in a witcher release, it needs something more. But yes, it should be dependent on the ending we reach in W3. In fact, making this fortress siege system dependent on each of the three endings can offer more varied system that takes ages to get bored from. For example, in the ending where Geralt hunts the last crone, this can allow us to capture and defend monster dens instead of fortresses as Geralt would find allies among monsters, similar to Talion, after defeating the ladies of the wood. In the ending where Ciri becomes a witcheress, we can rebuild other schools' fortresses, including Kaer Morhen.

I completely agree with this.

I agree it doesnt have to be a "different world setting" and what you said is perfect to introduce new monsters/enemies imo. But the developers wants to leave The Witcher (Geralts story) series alone and move on from it, and I agree with them. Having these characters like Geralt, Ciri and Yen, etc. to appear in the new game are just fan service. More for the nostalgia. A future setting where Witchers are more in demand and Geralt, Ciri and the gang would be much older if not dead. It would be and your new characters and the story you create. Just an idea. So if they do decide to go that way, I would definitely love to have Geralt as my mentor. Someone in the game can ask "Who taught you how to fight like that!?!" Hopefully Geralt doesnt get slain like Vesemir, and just reply "The Witcher, Geralt! or Geralt, The Butcher of Blaviken!" Ciri would be a cool teacher too, since she was taught by both Geralt and Vesemir.

That would be a pretty wicked quest, join different schools to learn certain/new skills. It would kinda suck if you are only stuck with one since its been done already. But having to stick to one school should give you their school bonuses. Like have a point system enter in each school skill tree, and after certain points reached, you get a bonus from that specific school or a combination of 2 or more school. Cat school would get 10% crit for unlocking 2 tiers of skill, but Cat and Bear combined would get 5% for crit and defense after unlocking 1st tier of skill. Something like that.

I completely agree with you on the crafting. You should be able to break down weapons/gears and use its more unique components to create better gear. Id like to be able to customize my gear and weapon, but having set gear with bonuses are cool still. I like how they added color customization in armor in W3. Maybe have this as a skill so youre able to do this, instead of having to find a grandmaster craftsman. Worlds changed.

Speaking of SOW, it would be amazing if they can include something like the nemesis system in the new game. You can either do solo quest or have a party, people you meet throughout the world and recruit them to join your party. You level them up, customize them a bit, then they get killed by a monster or in a fight! Your favorite party member gets killed. You get emotionally invested, so it would hit you in the feels a bit. A different element you would experience in the witcher games. But you can always get new party members in this new setting, at least I think you should. lol

I would actually love to see the story advance in the timeline with the protagonist being the son of Ciri, while still having Geralt in the story as an old man. But I would want Ciri to play an important support role in the new story, though she would be much more mature in this time. This would allow CDPR to keep the lore, but to start fresh.

Would like to see new monsters and a story focused on areas that introduces new map areas, such as the need to adventure to a new land to save his home. IT would also be great if the timeline advanced enough to have developed firearms (flintlock), with a new skill tree to support them.

If The Witcher was ever revisted, I think we need to go back to the Conjunction of the Spheres. And it needs to echo the dramatic action of TW1-3: we'll see "the beginning". We'll experience a wealth of very vulnerable, human stories. We'll grow alongside new characters forced into horrible circumstances. We'll get a peek into the workings of this universe. But, we'll never learn the full story. How did we get from that...to Geralt of Rivia? So many hundreds or thousands of years to account for...

Yeas please a prequel! Playing as one of the first witchers! A world full of even more monsters! Would be awesome! Really hope CDPR will go this way! As long as the map will be as big as in W3 or even bigger with intresting quests!

If not a prequel then maybe a new conjunctions of the spheres by some evil mage or some powerful creature set some 100 years after W3. With new characters.

Anybody here played Dragon Age Inquisition? Imagine Geralt or a Witcher in that world! Their world was pretty damn amazing! A lot better than The Witcher 3 world imo. They had small effects like lightning striking down on the land during thunder storms and blood spills on your weapons and clothing after brutal kills. Amazing details. Wasnt a fan of their combat system though. But I did love how you can combine different skills from different classes, like you can be an archer but pick up cool skill in the assassin skill tree like throwing daggers. And still pickup other skills you like in other skill tree you think is useful to you. Almost complete control of your abilities.

Also their gear and weapons were pretty awesome too. The way you customize your armor, even changing colors for your armor gives you some bonus, and not just one, but up to 4 parts or how ever many color you want to change. But obviously the more color the more bonus.

You can have pretty awesome gear and weapon pretty early in the game. You had your own fortress which was pretty massive with everything you need at like level 10, maybe even earlier. I imagine thats what Kaer Morhen could be like. So hopefully they do something like that and improve it, and have a better battle system.

Lots of good games comin up next year like FF7 Remake and TLOU2, and their battle system looks pretty fluid. Not that I found anything wrong with TW3 battle system. I acually really enjoyed it.

W4 could start new story in a new unexplored world untamed by magic. Politics should be minor thing.
Stories, exploration, fantasy themes and gameplay could be improved and taken on another level.

If the world of W4 would be set 1000 years after the wild hunt, I wonder how witcher's signs magic would evolve?

Last edited:
This could be an online thing. Build your own reputable school/guild of sorts, have the ability to customize/upgrade it. Have your own party/members/army...
Maybe after new example of social cooperation experience in Death Stranding it would be new sort of online game!

Top Bottom