The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

Howdy, all! Since nobody has put together a list of everything we know about TW4, I thought I would. Here's everything I could find:

• Date: March 2nd, 2016.
  • Subject: C.D.P.R. employee says that TW4 is off the table for now, and that it won't be called "The Witcher 4", because it isn't a continuation of the trilogy's story-line. It is unclear if he meant that there will be no TW4 at all, although that is unlikely, since it contradicts much of what C.D.P.R. has previously stated, although companies ARE allowed to change their minds.
  • Link: "http://www.designntrend.com/article...3-writer-witcher-4-blood-and-wine-romance.htm".

If you find anything else, please tell me, and I'll add it in. Anything that is new, I will high-light in bright yellow, or make bold, and announce in a following post.

Summary:

TW4 will be Geralt's last game, but there will almost definitely be another Witcher game (Although it will most likely not be called "The Witcher 4", since it won't be a continuation of the trilogy.). It will most likely be the next game C.D.P.R. works on after CP77, and shouldn't be expected for years to come. News regarding the fourth game will probably be NEARLY non-existence for the next few years.

Speculation:

Release date: C.D.P.R. takes almost exactly four years to developer every one of their games. If C.D.P.R. started laying preliminary ground-work when they wrapped up TW3 (The main game, not the expansions.), then CP77 should debut in 2019, and TW4 should follow in 2023. Just as a point of reference, four human beings will be living on Mars by the time TW4 comes out. :p

Since C.D.P.R. began releasing tid-bits of CP77 information two years after TW2, and two years before TW3 (Half-way through the production cycle.), it's possible that we'll be seeing slivers of TW4 news half-way through CP77's development, in a year to a year and a half.

Additional speculation regarding release date:

Keep in mind that around 250 people finished TW3, and, since then, the company has swelled to 800 (Or, it's projected to reach that with-in a few months, or something.). I believe that they'll be working on CP77 and their other (Yet-unnamed.) R.P.G. at the same time. My guess is CP77 in 2018 to 2020 (2019 most likely.), and the other game in 2020 or 2021. Once the CP77 team finishes the game, most will transfer over to TW4, while a much smaller team stays back to work on one year's worth of expansions and free D.L.C., just like they did with TW3.

So, in other words, production SHOULD start around 2019 to 2020. Considering the size of the team, I'd say 2019.

Last edited:
there won't be any news of a new witcher game untl after cyberpunk 2077 coms out, if they make a sequel or a trilogy for cyberpunk 2077 another 8-10 years will pass until ther is news about the wicher game if at all
now we ewill have blood and winw, and then cp2077 , the only thing we can do is tofocus our attention to what he present moment brings, everything else is just spculation

there won't be any news of a new witcher game untl after cyberpunk 2077 coms out, if they make a sequel or a trilogy for cyberpunk 2077 another 8-10 years will pass until ther is news about the wicher game if at all
now we ewill have blood and winw, and then cp2077 , the only thing we can do is tofocus our attention to what he present moment brings, everything else is just spculation

I suspect that tiny tid-bits of information are going to be released about TW4, every now and then. I aim to collect all of said tid-bits. :)

C.D.P.R. has been publicly speaking about TW4 for over two years. I don't expect that to change, even if it's only brought up once in a blue moon.

aha i knew witcher 4 will be with geralt ;)

Joke aside, good summary.
i think there will be another witcher, sooner or later. its a big franchise...but i dont think i want something else than geralt...
I mean,HE IS THE WITCHER.... he cannot be replaced so easily. Terminator without arnold is also no terminator.

Thanks!

I know it's going to be tough allowing Geralt to finally live out the sweet, sweet retirement that he's been planning for the last 130 years, but do you really want to see "The Witcher 13"? This will allow us to explore a totally new character who COULD be ten times cooler than Geralt!

Regardless, after three incredible games, I can safely say that I trust C.D.P.R.. I'll follow them in any wacky direction they want to go, 'cause I know it's going to be awesome.

Getting back on track (Sorry, moderators.)....

:D

cyseal

Release date: C.D.P.R. takes almost exactly four years to developer every one of their games. If C.D.P.R. started laying preliminary ground-work when they wrapped up TW3 (The main game, not the expansions.), then CP77 should debut in 2019, and TW4 should follow in 2023. Just as a point of reference, four human beings will be living on Mars by the time TW4 comes out.

By the time TW4 comes out, I think you will be able to play it on Mars.
This 4 men will stream TW4 from Mars to Earth and to alien planets. Yeah, aliens also like witcher franchise.

I trully love history of Geralt, Ciri, Triss, Yen etc. but I think I would also love history of my own created Witcher, from the school I can pick by myselft (ofc different school, different approve to game), new romances, meaby some "normal" lovers like Shani etc. etc.

By the time TW4 comes out, I think you will be able to play it on Mars.
This 4 men will stream TW4 from Mars to Earth and to alien planets. Yeah, aliens also like witcher franchise.

Considering how those four people are meant to start populating Mars, I sure hope they aren't all guys....

:p

I know it's going to be tough allowing Geralt to finally live out the sweet, sweet retirement that he's been planning for the last 130 years, but do you really want to see "The Witcher 13"? This will allow us to explore a totally new character who COULD be ten times cooler than Geralt!
To be honest, don't know atm.
Depends on many points.

Regardless, after three incredible games, I can safely say that I trust C.D.P.R.. I'll follow them in any wacky direction they want to go, 'cause I know it's going to be awesome.

Yeah i think more or less the same. It will be good, no doubt, but maybe not better than the old witcher.
One always compares between old and new or reboots etc etc.

cyseal

Considering how those four people are meant to start populating Mars, I sure hope they aren't all guys....

:p
Well, Mars is a men's planet :p. But, yeah, I would want to meet some women on Mars, also. :=)
If some game deserves streaming form Mars, it will be Witcher4. :victory:

Too early to say about fourth part of the game, but... What do you think about it?
Geralt is legend, but He should not be a conveyor, as assassin`s series.
Would you like your own adventure? For example, as in Skyrim.
You create your character, witcher of course, select school (each has its own characteristics) and start your adventure in the vast universe of The Witcher.
You can meet character of books and previous games and etc.

---------- Updated at 08:41 PM ----------

https://www.overclockers.ru/softnews/61775/V_Set_utekla_informaciya_o_planah_na_The_Witcher_4.html
Russian site. Translation:

The network leaked information on plans to The Witcher 4

The other day in the network was merged large amount of information about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. According to unconfirmed reports, the information has been merged with the account of one of the game developers in the Google Drive, which once again proves the "correct" storage of any documents in the "cloud" services. So, according to DualShockers portal with reference to this leakage of information, references were found among other things in the files of a certain continuation of the series, as well as on the impact made during the passage of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt decisions on the development of its (continued) events.

Earlier, the studio has already informed portal Eurogamer that the leak really was the place to be, and that it contains many "spoilers". Does this mean that the information about a hypothetical 4 The Witcher is also true - is unclear.

Too early to say about fourth part of the game, but... What do you think about it?
Geralt is legend, but He should not be a conveyor, as assassin`s series.
Would you like your own adventure? For example, as in Skyrim.
You create your character, witcher of course, select school (each has its own characteristics) and start your adventure in the vast universe of The Witcher.
You can meet character of books and previous games and etc.

---------- Updated at 08:41 PM ----------

https://www.overclockers.ru/softnews/61775/V_Set_utekla_informaciya_o_planah_na_The_Witcher_4.html
Russian site. Translation:

The network leaked information on plans to The Witcher 4

The other day in the network was merged large amount of information about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. According to unconfirmed reports, the information has been merged with the account of one of the game developers in the Google Drive, which once again proves the "correct" storage of any documents in the "cloud" services. So, according to DualShockers portal with reference to this leakage of information, references were found among other things in the files of a certain continuation of the series, as well as on the impact made during the passage of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt decisions on the development of its (continued) events.

Earlier, the studio has already informed portal Eurogamer that the leak really was the place to be, and that it contains many "spoilers". Does this mean that the information about a hypothetical 4 The Witcher is also true - is unclear.

Although it was an interesting read, I can't incorporate it (And sympathize with C.D.P.R. enough not to.) until I see an official statement. Is the link you mentioned for the leak, or is it for C.D.P.R.'s official statement and response?

---------- Updated at 09:44 PM ----------

Although it was an interesting read, I can't incorporate it (And sympathize with C.D.P.R. enough not to.) until I see an official statement. Is the link you mentioned for the leak, or is it for C.D.P.R.'s official statement and response?

I had it translated to English, then read through it. It says that TW4 was confirmed by C.D.P.R. when talking to Eurogamer, then it links to an article that has to do with a TW3 link, and is two years old. My guess it that it's a fake. If you can shine any more light on this, that would be great.

Regardless, thanks for the find.

i dont know if CDPR will make more The Witcher games because geralt story is over...
but i know 1thing
i know that W3 made me love The Witcher lore so much that i played all 3 games and bought some of the books
i know that i will pay any amount for CDPR to get more of the witcher
if its the witcher 4 or just more expansions i will give CDPR all my money

We know that they want to release two AAA RPGs by 2021, based on their conference from March. One of those is Cyberpunk 2077, and I'm guessing they're aiming for a 2017/2018 release with that. The other one could be a Witcher game, or it could be a new IP. If it is, we won't see a new Witcher from 2021 at the earliest in my opinion. As for what I want, I'd prefer character creation. I feel it increases replayability, and it helps set the new protagonist apart from Geralt. It also needs to be outside the Northern Kingdoms, unless they want to do Kovir, since that seems to be different enough from the rest of the NK. Kovir, Nilfgaard, Zerrikania, Hakland, etc, wherever. I also think that playing as a mage character would be a good choice, assuming they don't want to introduce female Witchers or what have you.

We know that they want to release two AAA RPGs by 2021, based on their conference from March. One of those is Cyberpunk 2077, and I'm guessing they're aiming for a 2017/2018 release with that. The other one could be a Witcher game, or it could be a new IP. If it is, we won't see a new Witcher from 2021 at the earliest in my opinion. As for what I want, I'd prefer character creation. I feel it increases replayability, and it helps set the new protagonist apart from Geralt. It also needs to be outside the Northern Kingdoms, unless they want to do Kovir, since that seems to be different enough from the rest of the NK. Kovir, Nilfgaard, Zerrikania, Hakland, etc, wherever. I also think that playing as a mage character would be a good choice, assuming they don't want to introduce female Witchers or what have you.

Huh...I didn't even considering that the yet-unnamed R.P.G. could potentially be TW4, which means we'll be seeing it a lot sooner than predict. A very exciting notion, although probably unlikely.

Huh...I didn't even considering that the yet-unnamed R.P.G. could potentially be TW4, which means we'll be seeing it a lot sooner than predict. A very exciting notion, although probably unlikely.
I guess it depends on whether or not they really are committed to walking away from Witcher. I'm sure the old members are sick of it, heck we know they are there was a recent interview about the dev tools that said as much. But they're hiring a bunch of new people, and they want to make the Cracow studio independent, able to work on it's own games. So if the new guys are interested in making more Witcher then maybe they will. If not I'm really interested in what they'd want to make. Cyberpunk has sci-fi covered, so would they make their own fantasy IP? A modern-day IP with superheroes/secret agents/vampires? Something else entirely? Very interested in how things develop.

Top Bottom