The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't care when, I just need confirmation on whether there is going to be a TW4 WITH Geralt.

That's a negative. I think it's been confirmed countless of times from CD Projekt in multiple occasions that TW3 and Blood and Wine will be last game with Geralt as protagonist.

I don't care when, I just need confirmation on whether there is going to be a TW4 WITH Geralt. You can never have enough of The Witcher, you can never have enough of Geralt.

Saheer is correct.

That's a negative. I think it's been confirmed countless of times from CD Projekt in multiple occasions that TW3 and Blood and Wine will be last game with Geralt as protagonist.
I wouldn't take CDPR's words during that time seriously.

They said something in one interview and then they said something completely different in another interview about the Witcher 3, which was the game that they were developing at the time. This indicates what they said during that period was not really reliable especially about a sequel that is a good amount of years away. The guys were very overworked with the Witcher 3, and as we all know it wasn't a smooth ride for CDPR.

They have said multiple times that they have not even thought about the Witcher 4 yet, so they can easily come up with new ideas and change their mind as they brainstorm and start to take it seriously.

There is a strong possibility that Geralt may return, because of several reasons:

1. Geralt is the face of the Witcher franchise, and he has become one of the most iconic characters in the video gaming industry.
2. Geralt is loved by the book fans and the gamers alike.
3. Why change something that ain't broke ?
4. The majority of the fans will be happy if Geralt returns in Witcher 4 as the protagonist.
5. Geralt is THE Witcher and he cannot be replaced by anyone else. Witcher wouldn't feel the same without Geralt.

Last edited:
The network leaked information on plans to The Witcher 4

Are those leaked (presumably) Witcher 4 references what can be seen on this picture ? As explained in this post, the "W4" there does not necessarily mean Witcher 4, it could refer to Novigrad's crime bosses (big four, or Wielka Czwórka in Polish), which may make more sense, and is more consistent with the released version, where you get the correct endings if you simply replace the W4 with Dijkstra.

I wouldn't take CDPR's words during that time seriously.

They said something in one interview and then they said something completely different in another interview about the Witcher 3, which was the game that they were developing at the time.

They seem to be fairly confident about W3 being the last game with Geralt as the protagonist, however, it is something that was said both already before the release of the game, and also recently in interviews about Blood and Wine. And with how the story is written and Geralt retiring at the end (as it can be seen on the leaked picture above, this was already decided in 2013, if not earlier), there is not much reason from a creative point of view to make another game with Geralt - even on your list of reasons, all of them are marketing related. By the end of W3, all of the major plot lines and conflicts since the first game are resolved, and there is more potential in starting a new story with different characters. As discussed here, the main story of W3 may already be suffering from a lack of originality, and in my opinion a new protagonist would be better especially when thinking about eventual future games - would TW5, still with Geralt and friends, be more interesting than a sequel to a game that introduced new characters, relationships, and conflicts ?

There is an opening for a prequel. The time between the end of the book story line and the start of the story line of the games is an interesting period:
Jennefer taken by the Wild Hunt, Geralt's search, his exchange with Yennefer, Geralt's time with the Wild Hunt, Geralt's escape, and Letho rescuing Yennefer several times from trouble, and Letho and Yenefer captured by Nilfgaard.
We know the events occurred, but we know very little about those events. It could make an interesting story and game.

I just need more Witcher, its the best series with the best story, the best characters, the best devs EVER MADE imo. If they are really dead set on not having Geralt as the main character, id love to see a deep character creation, with choosing your witcher school and everything as long as it still has an immersive amazing story & dialogues. games with character customization are usually bland and generic (terrible) but I know CDPR wouldnt allow that. Maybe they could throw Geralt in there as your mentor if you choose the Wolf school kindof like Vesemir was for him.

CDPR please bring us more Witcher soon. Cyberpunk will probably be ok, but it will never be as successful or loved as the Witcher.

ICDPR please bring us more Witcher soon. Cyberpunk will probably be ok, but it will never be as successful or loved as the Witcher.

I'd bet you $100, that if they had just made three CP77 games, and had announced that they're moving over to a Witcher franchise, people would be saying the same thing.

If you REALLY believed that C.D.P.R. are the best developers, than you'd trust them with their future titles. After three amazing Witcher games, I sure as heck do.

I'd bet you $100, that if they had just made three CP77 games, and had announced that they're moving over to a Witcher franchise, people would be saying the same thing.

If you REALLY believed that C.D.P.R. are the best developers, than you'd trust them with their future titles. After three amazing Witcher games, I sure as heck do.

Absolutely agreed! When CDPR made TW(1 )they have no experience about "making awsome medieval games" but they did it. So I cannot see why they couldn't do the same with CP77, specially after making 3 awsome games. And, on the top of this, I'd even assume that they dared to place TW3 in an open-world because they have been already working with it for CP77

One always want a sequel... Before he starts to say it was better before. Or sequels actually get worse. Let it rest seriously. There are 3 games to enjoy already.

I think that Geralt really deserved some rest. CDPR almost ran out of major book heroes and locations in span of three games.

I would prefer a travel to the past of Witcherverse, where they could create new stories within the general lore, but with their hands untied in character creation.

For example, young Vesemir as protagonist:

- Extinct races (vrans) and monsters
- Legendary mages of the past years still around
- Endless Redanian-Temerian border conflicts, rise of Kovir
- Attack on Kaer Morhen
- Story of Geralt's adoption from Visenna
-The Hat :nice:
etc.

but i dont think i want something else than geralt...
I mean,HE IS THE WITCHER.... he cannot be replaced so easily. Terminator without arnold is also no terminator.

Funny that Geralt was only planned to be a NPC in the Alpha version of "The Witcher":D Nice that they changed that in the end :p

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmFiQp3Q_4

I'm with Geralt for almost 10 years know (even longer when I count in the TV series that I watched as a kid :p) and I have similar feelings: "No that can't be the end".
However if I think a moment longer, Geralt had a nice story and I wouldn't mind seeing The Witcher IV with Ciri, Lambert etc. :D

Last edited:
Funny that Geralt was only planned to be a NPC in the Alpha version of "The Witcher":D Nice that they changed that in the end :p

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmFiQp3Q_4

I'm with Geralt for almost 10 years know (even longer when I count in the TV series that I watched as a kid :p) and I have similar feelings: "No that can't be the end".
However if I think a moment longer, Geralt had a nice story and I wouldn't mind seeing The Witcher IV with Ciri, Lambert etc. :D

Woah. SUPER interesting, dude.

1. So, was this game being produced by C.D.P.R., and then they abandoned the project to restart it on a different engine? Or, was this an entirely different company?

2. What happened to this guy? He said that he moved with the other artists to C.D.P.R., but then he implied that he no longer works for them.

3. I'm glad that game never got produced, even though it was in the Alpha stages. It was pretty bad, and would have led to a much inferior series.

4. Geralt as an N.P.C....that's crazy. Did they say who the main protagonist was?

Thanks for sharing that, man.

You should watch the video, it's worth it and, he was an employee at CDPR and translated these 2 videos in english, so more people can watch it :D If you still don't want to watch it: It was planned to work in the same way like in other rpg's: Create your own character/Witcher.

Quick points:

Yeah, "The WItcher" looks way better than this demo shows, so it might be a different engine. HOWEVER the fighting system seems to be exactly the same...

He left the studio as far as I know, but I don't know why. Though I think he left cdpr, but he in the company are still "friends" :D At least it looks like he got great stuff: https://youtu.be/LjviRaa4_ik?t=1m53s (But maybe I'm wrong and he bought that from his money, dunno :-/ )

Last edited:
You should watch the video, it's worth it and, he was an employee at CDPR and translated these 2 videos in english, so more people can watch it :D If you still don't want to watch it: It was planned to work in the same way like in other rpg's: Create your own character/Witcher.

I did watch the video. :p

He said that he wanted to see those elements in the game, but there was a conflict of interest between the two main teams. So, it sounds like it wasn't going to happen, since the programmers wanted a simply hack-and-slash.

Funny that Geralt was only planned to be a NPC in the Alpha version of "The Witcher"

Nice that they changed that in the end

Oh yes.... really.
For me there is no better suitable person as geralt in this series.

Create your own character/Witcher.

I'm glad this didn't happen.

Nice video. Ty.

3. I'm glad that game never got produced, even though it was in the Alpha stages. It was pretty bad, and would have led to a much inferior series.

/sign.

Last edited:
I don't know why but i think Ciri will be the next main character in The Witcher 4.

P.S: Of course if there is no Geralt anymore.

Last edited:
there won't be any news of a new witcher game untl after cyberpunk 2077 coms out, if they make a sequel or a trilogy for cyberpunk 2077 another 8-10 years will pass until ther is news about the wicher game if at all
now we ewill have blood and winw, and then cp2077 , the only thing we can do is tofocus our attention to what he present moment brings, everything else is just spculation

Yup. Part of me definitely wants more Witcher games, especially after Cyberpunk, but I would be lying if I said I am not beyond excited what CPR does with a different world and it better have a playable Ciri in Cyberpunk. Just sayin'

Woah. SUPER interesting, dude.

1. So, was this game being produced by C.D.P.R., and then they abandoned the project to restart it on a different engine? Or, was this an entirely different company?

It looks like it was an early project (in 2002) on a different engine, but the team was also much smaller then.

It is hard to tell what it would have been like, it is not really fair to compare the finished game from 2007 to an early demo made with a fraction of the resources. I think the stories of the first two games could have "worked", with some changes, even if Geralt was not the protagonist. One can only guess what the games could have ended up like in that case. But with Geralt's retirement, future games with a different or player created protagonist are still a possibility.

Yup. Part of me definitely wants more Witcher games, especially after Cyberpunk, but I would be lying if I said I am not beyond excited what CPR does with a different world and it better have a playable Ciri in Cyberpunk. Just sayin'

I doubt if there will be a playable Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077, the CP reference in Witcher 3 is more likely just an easter egg.

Top Bottom