The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
The possibility of a Ciri sequel was not excluded in one of the old interviews, although it was not confirmed either. Anyway, I would rather have a different protagonist, so I hope a Ciri sequel will not happen.

Want to read them all.

It would ruin one of the witcher 3 endings ( or two if you add the ending where she dies)
She is no witcher . She can't use potions too for example.
She is a female ( witchers are male )
She is really overpowered...

Want more ? :cheers4:

Really, a witcher 4 with ciri as protagonist would not have much to do with the witcher series we know and like.

And, personally i don't really like her :teeth:

Last edited:
Technically speaking, Ciri is a witcher. Or a witcheress. Or a witcherette. Take your pick :p

She is supposed to be the true Child of Destiny that would not even require the Trials. I think Geralt mentioned this when speaking with Calanthe.

Also, as far as I remember, in the the BaW ending with Ciri, she says she drank Black Blood when fighting the garkain. Not that I particularly like that piece of writing, but it’s there. Maybe it’s a hint by CDPR?

I am not saying that I would necessarily want to see Ciri as the next protagonist, but CDPR could easily find a workaround to make her the next ‘witcher’.

Also she doesnt have any witcher senses.

As much as I dislike the idea of a Ciri sequel, the lack of witcher senses could be seen as an advantage with how much over-used that feature is in the game. Trivia: the exact phrase "using your Witcher Senses" occurs 374 times in the game's localization files (with additional 88 "Use your Witcher Senses"), that is a lot of stuff to investigate that way. :)

Last edited:
It would ruin one of the witcher 3 endings ( or two if you add the ending where she dies)
She is no witcher . She can't use potions too for example.
She is a female ( witchers are male )
She is really overpowered...

Want more ? :cheers4:

Really, a witcher 4 with ciri as protagonist would not have much to do with the witcher series we know and like.

And, personally i don't really like her :teeth:

MMmm, saw three endings and in none of them Ciri dies and as i said in another post you can choose which ending you had in TW3 and from there you will start.

I.e (this was another user's idea, don't remember who, sorry) The story is: your father has been killed and nilfgaardian throne has been usurped, from here; if Ciri became a witcher (i know she isn't a witcher but CDPR made her endind like that in one of the finals) or ended the story as empress or fighting the white frost you can make a history from that so the three stories will end in the same point. How? don't know, CDPR is good doing exactly that.

Even when she has not witcher powers that would be very interesting. She is good with a blade, not as good as Geralt i think but good anyway.

She has grown into an important character in this last TW game and guess is the natural heiress of Geralt and his legacy. if Geralt is not gonna be the main character anymore. Geralt was the main character for the player in TW3 but the story's main character was Ciri. Ciri's story, develop the character, travel through worlds, time ,etc, that's a huge playground for the players and CDPR.

Ciri is also an important character in the books.

Of course i can be wrong but that's what i think for what i saw in this last game.

Last edited:
MMmm, saw three endings and in none of them Ciri dies and as i said in another post you can choose which ending you had in TW3 and from there you will start.

She can possibly die in one of the endings, but it is not confirmed by the game, it is left open to interpretation. However, making it clear in a sequel that she does survive would render that ending completely meaningless (since Blood and Wine already shows that Geralt survives the fight in the crone's hut).

I.e (this was another user's idea, don't remember who, sorry) The story is: your father has been killed and nilfgaardian throne has been usurped, from here; if Ciri became a witcher (i know she isn't a witcher but CDPR made her endind like that in one of the finals) or ended the story as empress or fighting the white frost you can make a history from that so the three stories will end in the same point.

Which is exactly what those (including myself) who would prefer their endings not to be ruined want to avoid, and for which the existing games have been criticized. That is, their approach to world state import is that it is often limited to inventing some contrived explanation why all imported choices lead to the same outcome (e.g. Henselt was spared in TW2 ? No problem, you learn from a few lines of dialogue in TW3 that he still died anyway in the battle for Lormark). Of course, this may not only be limited to Ciri's fate, depending on some factors (location etc.), other endings could get the same treatment. It would be nice if at least in what was advertised as the final game of a trilogy the ending choices were not for nothing.

She has grown into an important character in this last TW game and guess is the natural heiress of Geralt and his legacy. if Geralt is not gonna be the main character anymore. Geralt was the main character for the player in TW3 but the story's main character was Ciri. Ciri's story, develop the character, travel through worlds, time ,etc, that's a huge playground for the players and CDPR.

Ciri's powers like traveling through time may sound interesting in theory, but to actually implement them in a game could prove problematic.

Ciri is also an important character in the books.

That can be seen as another problem, since her character and history are already largely pre-defined by the books, games that use her as the protagonist would be limited by trying not to contradict the books. And it may even happen that more books are written in the future about Ciri. In the first two games, Geralt had amnesia, which allowed for some freedom to change his character, but now that his story is finished, I would prefer either a completely new protagonist, or at least someone who is not very well defined by the books yet.

I've been thinking about it a lot and if I were a game developer responsible for the future Witcher game I'd choose between taking the following routes:

- Prequel to the Witcher series, when there were still many Witchers in the world. Draw inspiration from Dark Souls series and the Division (take elements from both) but also put a lot of focus on the story aspect of the game, make it feel a lot like Witcher 3 in terms of the amount of content and its quality. Single player experience would still be the primary focus on the game but the project would also require work on optional, additional MP content like in Dark Souls/the Division.

OR

- Single player RPG just like Witcher 3. Brand new game (a reboot of the franchise if you will) with a brand new main character, takes place few generations after the events seen in Witcher 3. Witchers are a stuff of legend, no one believes in their existence anymore. Characters such as Geralt and Ciri will still play a somewhat important role in the game but won't be playable. The player character will go through the witcher training, mutations and whatnot. This is a very brief summary of the story-line so please don't judge it, I actually wrote a lengthy short story depicting the events that transpired after Witcher 3 so could elaborate more but I want to keep this post short.

Last edited:
- Single player RPG just like Witcher 3. Brand new game (a reboot of the franchise if you will) with a brand new main character, takes place few generations after the events seen in Witcher 3. Witchers are a stuff of legend, no one believes in their existence anymore. Characters such as Geralt and Ciri will still play a somewhat important role in the game but won't be playable. The player character will go through the witcher training, mutations and whatnot.

If Geralt still plays an important role, then why not just make him the protagonist again ? :) Otherwise, with unrelated main characters, I do not really see the point in shoehorning him and Ciri into the game. While I would prefer new characters, a few more games playing as Geralt could still be possible, perhaps in a more distant future like 25-50 years after the events of the current games. At that time, it would basically be a new story (the endings of TW3 would no longer matter, let's say Ciri always dies in some way even if she becomes a witcher or empress (or some other explanation is given to her fate, but she does not play a major role in any case), Geralt always ends up alone by the time of the new game and neither Triss nor Yennefer appears in it, the political situation always ends up the same with Radovid, Emhyr, and Dijkstra all long dead, and so on) with enough room to develop Geralt's character again, but it would still be Geralt.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

What would be a point then of having Geralt as a protagonist again if all the people he ever loved and cared about are now dead and gone?
If his past relationships are irrelevant to the new story I see no reason whatsoever to pull him out of his retirement. What would be accomplished with this that couldn't be with a brand new character?

- 1st person/3rd person modes,
- possibility of coop.
- harder difficulty. Make it harder not by dmg or hp but by increasing speed, amount of enemies and intelligence. Death march was by far too easy.
- turn on friendly damage

What would be a point then of having Geralt as a protagonist again if all the people he ever loved and cared about are now dead and gone?
If his past relationships are irrelevant to the new story I see no reason whatsoever to pull him out of his retirement. What would be accomplished with this that couldn't be with a brand new character?
only one dies,
vesemir
, all others live

Guest 3847602

only one dies,
vesemir
, all others live

I was referring to the post above mine, seems like I didn't used "reply" properly:

a few more games playing as Geralt could still be possible, perhaps in a more distant future like 25-50 years after the events of the current games. At that time, it would basically be a new story (the endings of TW3 would no longer matter, let's say Ciri always dies in some way even if she becomes a witcher or empress (or some other explanation is given to her fate, but she does not play a major role in any case), Geralt always ends up alone by the time of the new game and neither Triss nor Yennefer appears in it, the political situation always ends up the same with Radovid, Emhyr, and Dijkstra all long dead, and so on) with enough room to develop Geralt's character again, but it would still be Geralt.
I was unsure of what would be a point of using Geralt and not somebody new under these conditions.

Lambert can die too
[video=youtube;kt7I-YlxGTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt7I-YlxGTE[/video]

Shit, I heard about it but I've never seen this before. Not a single word from anyone about Lambert? What a bunch of douchebags! :realmad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom