The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is hard to tell what it would have been like, it is not really fair to compare the finished game from 2007 to an early demo made with a fraction of the resources. I think the stories of the first two games could have "worked", with some changes, even if Geralt was not the protagonist. One can only guess what the games could have ended up like in that case. But with Geralt's retirement, future games with a different or player created protagonist are still a possibility.

I was more referring to the top-down view (Iso-something.), or whatever it's called. In my opinion, it would have broken immersion, led to inferior combat, and would have taken away all of the beauty from the environment.

It would ruin one of the witcher 3 endings ( or two if you add the ending where she dies)
She is no witcher . She can't use potions too for example.
She is a female ( witchers are male )
She is really overpowered...

Want more ? :cheers4:

Really, a witcher 4 with ciri as protagonist would not have much to do with the witcher series we know and like.

And, personally i don't really like her :teeth:

Agreed, agreed, agreed, and agreed.

Here are some more:

1. Most people wouldn't want a Witcher game without a Witcher as the main character.

2. She can't cast signs.

3. C.D.P.R. has said that they are done with Geralt and company. We'll be seeing as much of her as we will Geralt. So, none.
Technically speaking, Ciri is a witcher. Or a witcheress. Or a witcherette. Take your pick :p

She is supposed to be the true Child of Destiny that would not even require the Trials. I think Geralt mentioned this when speaking with Calanthe.

Also, as far as I remember, in the the BaW ending with Ciri, she says she drank Black Blood when fighting the garkain. Not that I particularly like that piece of writing, but it’s there. Maybe it’s a hint by CDPR?

I am not saying that I would necessarily want to see Ciri as the next protagonist, but CDPR could easily find a workaround to make her the next ‘witcher’.

Regarding her being a Witcheress: I must disagree. Look at all of the things that define a Witcher. A MAN, who can cast signs, undergoes mutations, and can drink Witcher's potions. She is none of those things. If anything, she's more of a faux-Witcher.

Regarding her drinking Black Blood: consider that statement to be non-canonical, and a mistake on C.D.P.R.'s part. It doesn't fit into the lore of the universe one bit.

Regarding work-arounds: a "work-around" is what developers do to "pander". Pandering ruins games. DOWN WITH WORK-AROUNDS!

:D
For me - no mutations - no witcher :baby:
Also she doesnt have any witcher senses.

Yup.

Same here. I don't get were people get these ideas that she is an actual witcher, she isn't. She had some training of course. But she can't drink witcher potions, she gets sick and can catch diseases etc etc.

Double "Yup.".

As much as I dislike the idea of a Ciri sequel, the lack of witcher senses could be seen as an advantage with how much over-used that feature is in the game. Trivia: the exact phrase "using your Witcher Senses" occurs 374 times in the game's localization files (with additional 88 "Use your Witcher Senses"), that is a lot of stuff to investigate that way. :)

Lol. That's pretty funny. Nice find.

MMmm, saw three endings and in none of them Ciri dies and as i said in another post you can choose which ending you had in TW3 and from there you will start.

The problem with this is that it makes your choices irrelevant. You made her a Witcheress, an Empress, or a martyr? Well, screw you! We decided that no matter what you picked, she'll end up following the same EVENTUAL path, anyway.

Not going to happen.

She can possibly die in one of the endings, but it is not confirmed by the game, it is left open to interpretation. However, making it clear in a sequel that she does survive would render that ending completely meaningless (since Blood and Wine already shows that Geralt survives the fight in the crone's hut).

There you go.

I've been thinking about it a lot and if I were a game developer responsible for the future Witcher game I'd choose between taking the following routes:

- Prequel to the Witcher series, when there were still many Witchers in the world. Draw inspiration from Dark Souls series and the Division (take elements from both) but also put a lot of focus on the story aspect of the game, make it feel a lot like Witcher 3 in terms of the amount of content and its quality. Single player experience would still be the primary focus on the game but the project would also require work on optional, additional MP content like in Dark Souls/the Division.

OR

- Single player RPG just like Witcher 3. Brand new game (a reboot of the franchise if you will) with a brand new main character, takes place few generations after the events seen in Witcher 3. Witchers are a stuff of legend, no one believes in their existence anymore. Characters such as Geralt and Ciri will still play a somewhat important role in the game but won't be playable. The player character will go through the witcher training, mutations and whatnot. This is a very brief summary of the story-line so please don't judge it, I actually wrote a lengthy short story depicting the events that transpired after Witcher 3 so could elaborate more but I want to keep this post short.

I'm scared to ask, but what do you want to see in TW4 that was in "The Division"?

:p

If Geralt still plays an important role, then why not just make him the protagonist again ? :) Otherwise, with unrelated main characters, I do not really see the point in shoehorning him and Ciri into the game.

Exactly.

- 1st person/3rd person modes,
- possibility of coop.
- harder difficulty. Make it harder not by dmg or hp but by increasing speed, amount of enemies and intelligence. Death march was by far too easy.
- turn on friendly damage

1. Down-load the first-person mod, then engage in combat, and you'll see exactly why a first-person Witcher game is a pretty bad idea.

2. Every time an element of multiplayer/co-op is added to a game, the more the over-all game gets watered down.

3. Good ideas.

4. What do you mean by that?

(forgive me if I've said this before) I'd like a Witcherverse game based in Tir na Lia where you play as an Elf and really get to know that world. It would take place just before and then during the advent of the White Frost there, and you would be dealing with Avalach, Eredin and even Auberon...it'd be a great way to add a ton of character development, and Tir na Lia looks so damn pretty that I would love to be able to explore it.

Would you guys like having a one or two witcher apprentices next time?
We had some training flashbacks with Ciri, but I knew how it ended so it kinda ruined supposedly heartwarming moment for me. Besides we still haven't seen Trial Of Grasses (if my memory doesn't fail me).

To tell you the truth i'm very happy they won't continue with Geralt as a protagonist. I like it when as a protagonist you have to create your reputation from scratch. Geralt is a well known witcher by know. A true legend.
I'd rather play a new protagonist and build everything from the beginning and the story not being focused on the main protagonist. Something like the Witcher 2 where everything was politics, intrigues,and you were a simple monster slayer surviving all that complex war.

No one has figured it out yet? 2077 is actually set in the Witcher world, several millennia after the events of the Witcher games. Yep, Geralt is still alive after all that time, and must now take on genetically modified super soldiers with his magical abilities everyone mistakes for cutting edge cybernetic enhancements.

...Whoops, looks like I got my 'CD Project Red' and 'Square Enix' wires crossed again.

Seriously though, before any Witcher 4 game happens... http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30386-The-Witcher-1-amp-2-Remakes?p=2923501#post2923501

Last edited:
(forgive me if I've said this before) I'd like a Witcherverse game based in Tir na Lia where you play as an Elf and really get to know that world. It would take place just before and then during the advent of the White Frost there, and you would be dealing with Avalach, Eredin and even Auberon...it'd be a great way to add a ton of character development, and Tir na Lia looks so damn pretty that I would love to be able to explore it.

That's very cool playing as an Aen Elle is also a great desire I have. Explore their world, their culture and see this wonderful franchise from a different perspective. :D great idea!

I haven't read much of what has been written before. But I could see something like this.

50 years after the ending of witcher 3.

A new threat faces the world.
Something or someone is filling the world yet again with monsters and the world is again in need of witchers, however the secret of the Trail of the grasses was lost. And the witchers are all but a memory in this age.

Within the years that had passed, Geralt took it upon himself to take in yet another orphan and trained him, as an adult this student takes it upon himself to figure out a way to reinstate the trail of the grasses. If by luck or destiny this student meets a genius sorcerer claiming he knows a way to do just that. However many obstacles are in the way and a hidden enemy creating monsters in a mass scale is trying to prevent that for happening at all cost.

The student and the sorcerer finds the secret of the trail, and not only that, they perfected it. No longer is the trial of grasses only reserved for male children. No longer does it pale the hair and complection. However only a extremely trained body and mind would survive the ritual. A peasant or the regular soldier would not survive it, the witcher schools was yet again needed.

The student was now mutated by the trail and as the genius sorcerer celebrated, a dark figure appeared. Destroyed all the equipment and stole the key components. The student was too weak from the trail to fight and the sorcerer was caught off guard. But managed to escape by teleporting to the courtyard of the abandoned mansion where they had setup.

The key component was not only helpful for the trail, but would also assist the dark figure to ramp up his scheme of summoning monster. Not only a tear to another world now, but yet again a full conjuction of spheres was now possible. (Maybe a bit too much? as I kind of see this as a Ciri thing, but somewhere in the books it was written that it was the son of Ciri that would destroy the world. So maybe this dark figure could be the son)

Can the student and his sorcerer friend stop it? Will he keep the components to revive the witchers way or will he destroy it and end the danger of another conjuction of spheres?

(Geralt has become way too old for this adventure, so just a few glimses of Geralt would be seen in this game.)
Probably some plot holes here, but i'm sure CDPR could easily fix :D

Edit: This student could use low level potions before his mutation. Maybe be a bit enhanced as the witchers did for Ciri as they gave her those herbs, been a while since I read this so not sure exactly what they gave her. Was for her growth I think

Last edited:
Good try but...

For a while I thought I was reading a free version of TW1: potions and mutagens stolen, a witcher no-witcher, a new conjucted portal of monsters, a sorceress in troubles.... I mean, another witcher with another sorceress against a dark power.... Sorry, I guess I'd not buy a "déjà vu"

Good try but...

For a while I thought I was reading a free version of TW1: potions and mutagens stolen, a witcher no-witcher, a new conjucted portal of monsters, a sorceress in troubles.... I mean, another witcher with another sorceress against a dark power.... Sorry, I guess I'd not buy a "déjà vu"

Sorcerer* (male). A dark power, better then having to face a fluffy bunny. This is the witcher, dark powers and creatures are usually what Geralt fights. When writing dark figure it's meant as the enemie is not yet identifyed, not that he is an actual dark figure. With all the book and games are about conjunctions of spheres, the bar is set pretty high. Would be wierd having to fight a king(army) or pirates. I wouldn't call it a deja vu, more like a sequel of the events :)

There wasn't any "black power" in TW2 and game was simply great.

I hjust mean if it must be any TW4 it ought to be absoluttly different, fresh, with some references of the whole saga but in an own and vert differential main story. Seen from a creative point of vew, a witcher starting from zero, potions and formuls stolen, help from a sorcerress/er, a bad power using the stolen potions for own black desire of power, it looks more a plagiarism of TW1 main plot than a sequel. please, no offens, it's just my point of view.

Sorry for necropost, but I'm just wondering... I think it's too inopportune speculate about The Witcher 4. Let's just wait for Cyberpunk before we complain about anything of TW4.

I know cpr is making Cyberpunk 2077, but i don't think it 'll be a waste to discuss about a witcher game in the future. I 'd like to play a prequel, at Caer Morhen, with all the witchers of the books. It could be interesting if we could choose another character to play, and not only Geralt (Coen, i 'd choose Coen).

Last edited:
As I've suggested various places before, I personally believe there's still some RPG potential left in The Witcher Series. It's merely a question of how the REDs may choose to employ that potential. (And I still think a story about Vesemir could be rather intriguing -- with or without the hat.)

Last edited:
if there is t be a new witcher game it will have a customizabl character as a protagonist, that is the most probable option
if it is no geralt, i agree with the custmizable character, a witcher of our creation

Krull32;n2764813 said:
It would ruin one of the witcher 3 endings ( or two if you add the ending where she dies)
She is no witcher . She can't use potions too for example.
She is a female ( witchers are male )
:

First of all, she's being addressed as a witcher, and received her blades in the end.
Using potion and signs are more to do with game-mechanics, Geralt didn't use them as often in the book either.
If she was to be made as a protagonist, then a new combat system would be designed around her ability.

Yes, it would be very different from W3, but know what?
Combat systems were very different from W1 to W3 as well.

I rather think you are limiting yourself here...
Since CDPR already announced W3 as the last game for Geralt, the next Witcher related game, if ever released, would be drastic different than the current series anyway.
If you think Elder Blood based system is too radical, how about the "customized" character many purposed here? It is equally, if not more radical departure from current Witcher series.

Lorewise, both Geralt and Dandelion addressed Ciri as a Witcher in the respective ending. So were some characters from the books.
And who said a Witcher game has to features a "true" Witcher as protagonist?

Timlugia;n7258000 said:
I rather think you are limiting yourself here...

Nope, i only see it completely different than you. And nothing will change that.
She will never be a Witcher for me,because- tada- she has nothing a Witcher has.Nothing that makes a Witcher a Witcher. Her Training and Knowledge alone doesnt make her a Witcher...
If she wants to do the same Job as Geralt her Title would be a Bounty Hunter.....

If CDPR wants to make a Game about her, they cant name it Witcher 4 because it has NOTHING to do with the earlier series...That's how i see it.

Timlugia;n7258000 said:
And who said a Witcher game has to features a "true" Witcher as protagonist?

Hm, why do people expect a Terminator in a Terminator movie after 4 Terminator Movies ? Know what i mean ? ;)

Btw, that was discussed loooong ago, and i don't want to post the same stuff again so let's agree to disagree :)

Krull32;n7259420 said:
If CDPR wants to make a Game about her, they cant name it Witcher 4 because it has NOTHING to do with the earlier series...That's how i see it.
Hm, why do people expect a Terminator in a Terminator movie after 4 Terminator Movies ? Know what i mean ? ;)

Original protagonist Kyle Reese wasn't a terminator either, does that excluded The Terminator from being part of the franchise? :)
Based on the same logic, how is a game featuring Ciri or even a customized character (as many voted here) as protagonist with witchers as support characters stop being a Witcher game?

Top Bottom