The Ultimate Witcher 4 Thread

+

Do you think there might be The Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

• No response

Results are only viewable after voting.
Krull32;n7259420 said:
If CDPR wants to make a Game about her, they cant name it Witcher 4 because it has NOTHING to do with the earlier series...That's how i see it.

Early on (long before The Witcher 3 release, so plans could of course change) Marcin Iwiński I believe said that if they going to continue the franchise, the next game most likely is not going to be named The Witcher 4 and it's not going to feature Geralt as protagonist.

I like the idea of new THE WITCHER game. As far I know TW3 is the last witcher game as Gerlat being the protagonist so the next witcher game should have a new protagonist and/or a new name for the game too.
Now don't take me an anti feminist but I don't think Ceri or any other female to be the lead character as not good happen to AC series when they introduce female characters, Dishonored 2 is also another example.
I would love to play a game of young Vesemir when witchers are considered as messiah not freak. Want to play the time when mob attack Witcher strong hold Kaer Morhen causing decline of witchers

Last edited:
The Witcher 4

Hello everyone.

This is a message to the CD Project Red.

It is mandatory that you create Witcher 4 because, it's simply one of the best games ever. And because you did an awesome job so far. It wouldn't be fair or nice of you to cut it out.

So, I want everyone to support this and to show them our support!

I'm playing it for the 3rd time now, never played anything more than 2 times.

Just do it!

:yawn:

From the various interviews so far it already looks likely that there will be a new Witcher game at some point in the future, even if such plans have not been officially confirmed yet. It might not necessarily have the number "4" in the title, though, since it has also been hinted that it would not be a continuation of the story of the existing trilogy, and it was said a number of times that Geralt's story in particular has been finished with Wild Hunt.

By the way, there are already a few other recent threads where the same topic is discussed.

A new Witcher series instead of The Witcher 4. Maybe instead of continuing Geralts story or Ciris, create an entirely new timeline many years later. Start out as a kid, even have your own party and have Geralt be your mentor. Kinda like how The Witcher 3 started, but this time you actually go through the process of being a novice to becoming a badass powerful witcher. Maybe be able to play as Geralt on some quests.

A Ciri-centered sequel would be great. I think, there would be more freedom towards character building and decision making, which gives more freedom for game designers.

metalmaniac21;n9201221 said:
I think, there would be more freedom towards character building and decision making, which gives more freedom for game designers.

There would be even more freedom without Ciri, though. :)

The only reason I want a "Witcher 4" would be to revisit the characters we have all come to love, and to see how they are doing/what they are up to. Although Id love to continue Geralt's story, Id be satisfied with just being able to interact with him and everyone else

Eredin_Breacc_Glas;n2639713 said:
I'd bet you $100, that if they had just made three CP77 games, and had announced that they're moving over to a Witcher franchise, people would be saying the same thing.

If you REALLY believed that C.D.P.R. are the best developers, than you'd trust them with their future titles. After three amazing Witcher games, I sure as heck do.

Pretty much this.
Developers pretty much have an idea of what they are up for doing and what they aren't.
When developers are forced to keep running with sequels because that's all a publisher will fund them for (typical reason), then that's when you start seeing series get run into the ground, becoming the titles we scorn today.

Also, even if they could release TW4 featuring Geralt tomorrow, one big issue is going to be which romance plot got followed.
Not a hornets nest I see anybody kicking up anytime soon.

Last edited:
NukeTheMoon;n9266811 said:
Also, even if they could release TW4 featuring Geralt tomorrow, one big issue is going to be which romance plot got followed.
Not a hornets nest I see anybody kicking up anytime soon.

This is not such a big problem. Both Yen and Triss could be present and everything could start all over again.
I would like to be able to continue Geralt's story.

NikolaBathory;n9268531 said:
This is not such a big problem. Both Yen and Triss could be present and everything could start all over again.

That would become repetitive after a while. While I do not particularly want a Geralt sequel, perhaps the least bad option from the developers' point of view is to skip some longer amount of time, like 20-50 years, and choose neither of those women - after such a long time, it can be explained why he is no longer with them. That is also the ending where he does not retire and remains active as a witcher.

I think a great solution would be to have the story set in and around Kovir, at least to start. We know Triss ends up there no matter what, and we have no idea where Yen actually ends up so it very well could be in that area. If thats the case, there really shouldnt be a heck of a lot more work, at least not a lot more than was in TW3

I don't think Geralts story is going to continue, it's looks to me like it has been ended about as pretty perfectly as it could be. Worlds better than the books' conclusion.

I think there will be a few Cyberpunk games, and then move on to another different fantasy setting.

I Have a great idea for the next Witcher game. Although CDProjectRed might not look nor respond to this, im going to put my idea out there anyways. I think it would be a great idea to go wayyy back in the past and start a new series with Vesemir. Wouldn't it be awesome to know about Vesemir's Story???

SuperSloth1;n9331151 said:
I Have a great idea for the next Witcher game.
This has indeed been suggested a few times before, and, each time, seemed to be favourably received and supported by some members of the community. Personally, I think it could have real potential. Now, if only the REDs would agree . . . .

SuperSloth1;n9331151 said:
I think it would be a great idea to go wayyy back in the past and start a new series with Vesemir. Wouldn't it be awesome to know about Vesemir's Story???

The problem with that for me is I know the ending of Vesemir's story.
He gets his neck snapped. The End
So knowing what happened before that isn't really of great concern for me.

I don't think he has as much potential for being interesting both as a character and in game-play options as Letho.

I remember the scene where The Witcher finds the priest torturing a prostitute with a red hot iron, and Geralt has the option of just walking away and letting him have at it. That feel uncharacteristic for Geralt. Especially since when he's got searching for Ciri on the brain, he kinda trips out and see's Ciri in place of whatever girl or woman is being abused. Happend twice.

Letho, on the other hand, could go either way, and it would fit his character.

Last edited:
WitcherTriss93;n9269381 said:
I think a great solution would be to have the story set in and around Kovir, at least to start. We know Triss ends up there no matter what, and we have no idea where Yen actually ends up so it very well could be in that area. If thats the case, there really shouldnt be a heck of a lot more work, at least not a lot more than was in TW3

You sly devil, you just want more Triss don't you? I know how you feel. :)

Top Bottom