The (Un)Offical HORSE Stutter Thread - Not addressed in 1.05 PC

+
Same issue here since day one and patch 1.07 changes nothing to it. I really hope it will be corrected in future patches as it's really annoying. CDPR we are counting on you :pride2:

Just wanted to say that I also noticed this since launch.

It is not a performance issue and neither it is a PC issue. The animation makes the stutter, as if the horse stops for a microsecond after the animation ends and it always happens at the same time interval while walking.

It is extremely annoying to see it and I can notice it even in the listed videos on 480p, let alone 1080p.

@CDPR please fix it :(

Last edited:
I literally cannot believe that CDPR has not only totally overlooked this issue in 1.07, but also continued their complete silence.

JUST TELL US IF YOU WON'T FIX IT. WE WOULD PREFER THAT TO BEING IGNORED.

Well ladies and gentleman......I think it's safe to say that RED will not be fixing this issue, or even acknowledging its existence. For whatever reason the people in charge of talking to and engaging the community (that's you Marcin) have decided to ignore the community. I can't imagine a good reason for conducting business this way. If RED can't/won't fix the problem or even if they don't see a problem, they should still communicate their position. Or should I say communicate their position with something other than silence.

It's really a shame that RED can't take the time to address an issue that has received this much attention from the community.

So what can we do?

1. Make sure this forum stays active. You would think that the longer it stays active the more likely RED will eventually respond to it. However, if they've made a conscious decision to ignore us then it may not matter how many views or posts there are.

2. For the PC community we can look for help from modders. The horse stutter is all over the Steam forums which leads me to believe that some modders are already aware of the problem. However they may need RED to release modding tools. And of course this wouldn't do much for the XB1 and PS4 people.

3. Lastly, there's the gaming media (IGN, GameSpot, Polygon, Game Informer, etc.) . I'm sure in the coming weeks and months there will be stories about the poor launch state and post launch support for many big budget games. Though our problem isn't game breaking it does speak to a larger issue and even a small mention in an article could go a long way. How do we accomplish this? No clue. Maybe if one of you know somebody in the gaming media.

It's hard to believe its come to this point but here we are. Remember when we thought there was no way the horse stutter made it past the second patch.....those were the days.

I have been waiting almost one month for the update 1.07 with hope that horse stutter problem will be fixed. Yesterday I installed the new update and started to play new game. After ten minutes I have been so disappointed, that problem still exist. It seems that we can never enjoy the game. :(

Last edited:
ridicolous...the same shit from 1.0 to 1.07...several people having the same problem and nobody say nothing...

CDPR always pretend to be so humbled by and grateful for the "support from the community", but they treat that very community and their feedback with utter contempt.

CDPR always pretend to be so humbled by and grateful for the "support from the community", but they treat that very community and their feedback with utter contempt.

By now "support from community" = BETA TESTER at best...
I can't even get a refund because I bought a new gtx 970 exclusively for the promotion of the witcher gift...

It's A RIGHT to have an answer from developers if the problem will be solved at least..If you send a ticket support their answers are embarrassing...

Is it only nvidia users problem? I haven't seen yet any amd users that have this issue. I just started to thinking about changing my gtx 970 to r9 390x.

Is it only nvidia users problem? I haven't seen yet any amd users that have this issue. I just started to thinking about changing my gtx 970 to r9 390x.

As far as I can tell the problem is present on all platforms and all PC configs. Believe it or not some people just don't seem to notice it. Also, a lot of people don't see it because they never walk with Roach, they run everywhere. That may be why developers and reviewers missed it. They are always rushing though trying to make a deadline.

I've once again contacted CDPR regarding this.

Again I got the standard "we are investigating the issue reply",

I've informed them of the community frustration and requested an official statement regarding the issue (i'm not holding my breath)

I suggest everyone frustrated by this issue to do the same.

No. I'm using an AMD R9 290.

The problem is with the game itself, not our hardware or drivers.

I've once again contacted CDPR regarding this.

Again I got the standard "we are investigating the issue reply",

I've informed them of the community frustration and requested an official statement regarding the issue (i'm not holding my breath)

I suggest everyone frustrated by this issue to do the same.

Already done the same a while back, got nothing.

Just wanted to lend my support to the continued request for a fix. I've gotten pretty accustomed to the stutter, but it still makes me avoid walking my horse, which is my preferred method for overland travel.

The Great Mystery:hmm:

Why is RED ignoring us? My guess is that the problem is inherent to the game engine and they're unable to fix it without braking other things. Or maybe they're too lazy. Or maybe they hate Roach so much they want him to suffer for all eternity. Or maybe the stutter seems normal to them because horses in Poland have the ability to manipulate space-time.

Just kidding.....they just suck at community relations. A small(ish) developer that's having trouble growing with their fan-base.

Or maybe the stutter seems normal to them because horses in Poland have the ability to manipulate space-time

:hrhr:

I don't know what's going on with this horse but it has to be fixed. Maybe it will take time but i really can't see CDprojekt let it in this state with all the people complaining about it. It's a real immersion breaker. @ CDProjekt : take the time it takes but please fix it !

Usual useless answers...a typical conversation with support months after game release...
it is not the first email I send them

On 20 July 2015 at 11:34, en.cdprojektred.com <no_reply@en.cdprojektred.com> wrote:
Product: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Platform: Windows
OS version: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Processor: I7 3770
Amount of RAM: 8 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3
Graphic card: SLI ZOTAC GTX 970
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Driver update-date: Latest

Product version: 1.06
Boxed or digital: digital
Vendor: GOG
Game code: N/A

User email:
Problem description:
I have been waiting 1.07 patch with hope that the problems were resolved but incredibly was not changed anything. Cinematics are always stuck at 32 fps with much stuttering and the terrible animation stutter during the horse walking is unbelievable...no words.... Several people having the same problems and no answers from you!!!!! Several threads and videos, for example:http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Thread-Not-addressed-in-1-05-PC?goto=newpost http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36654-PC-Cutscene-FPS-drop?goto=newpost I bought a new GTX 970 (350 €!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) only to have the promotion of the witcher gift and I can\'t get a refund!!!! IT\'S MY RIGHT TO HAVE AN ANSWER!!THESE PROBLEMS WILL BE FIX OR NOT???I DEMAND RESPONSE RIGHT NOW​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]----Messaggio originale----
Da: pc_support@cdprojektred.com
Data: 22/07/2015 10.13
A:
Ogg: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Windows - [2015-07-20 11:34]
Hi,

Regarding cinematic stutter I'm not aware of any changes that will be intruduced to this, but you can change it yourself. Please locate the visuals.ini file in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base folder. Open the file with notepad and change MovieFramerate=30 to MovieFramerate=60. Keep in mind that cinematic experience was created for 30 FPS, so changing it may result in some visual glitches.

Regards,

Kuba Woźniakowski

My new answer:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]First of all are at least 1000000 times I answer you that with[/FONT] gog version changes to ini have no effect!!!!!Are you kidding me????Have you ever seen more videos on youtube or threads on YOUR forum??????

You also do not answer my second question!!!!!THE TERRIBLE ANIMATION STUTTER DURING THE HORSE WALKING WILL BE SOLVED OR NOT?????????

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Thread-Not-addressed-in-1-05-PC?goto=newpost

Top Bottom