The (Un)Offical HORSE Stutter Thread - Not addressed in 1.05 PC

+
Just being able to play makes me very happy. But the Horse Stutter is weird. I seem to encounter it not all the time. Seems to me, it's not happening when you are looking downwards or upwards. Maybe it's some hitch with the camera "bumping" into Geralt when it's behind him? But it's further away when up or down? I don't know.

Done it three times now re poor roach ..the 1st reply i got was to turn off vsync mmmm yeah right ...but that was 2 days after the release of the game so i am more than sure there aware of it ..like i said before it seems to me they needed more time on this game ....I do blame consoles as there workload must have been tough depending on there manpower..I am not disliking or hate consoles all the better for the company to make money....It was stated witcher 3 would not exists if it was not for the consoles .....

There are several threads regarding this here and on Steam forums, hopefully the developers are aware of it now.
I also sent a support ticket reporting this bug, let's hope it will be fixed soon.

I'm having trouble with this too. I'm so glad I have found that a lot of others are experiencing it too which means a fix is more likely. It's the only part of the game that needs fixing as far as I am concerned. Nothing in the game annoys me as much as this does.

Just walking slowly to take in the scenery is ruined by this.

I just want Roach to live a good life.

Is it just me or have they been pretty silent on the forums since 1.05? Not just this thread but all of them.

I've had a reply about this from the ticket I raised.....

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I am really sorry you are experiencing issues with your copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
We are currently working very hard on implementing a fix for this issue.

I understand that you already have the 1.04 patch installed?

Had another reply today, it seems they are working on a fix, or at least thats what they've told me......

Hello Mr. ........,

We are aware of the issue and our dev team is working on this problem. I hope that soon we will find proper solution!

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
Albert Krajewski

its called a hotfix,which is to fix problems brought by the latest patch,so we still have hope that they are working on it in the next big patch。

I KNEW it could not just be me who noticed this immersion breaking bug. I am glad to have found this thread!.

Every single step Roach takes causes the game to stutter for half a second. Because of this, I avoid walking with Roach now, i just sprint. A damn shame and really infuriating considering how many times this game was delayed...

The proof is all over Youtube. You guys at CD Project Red must know about it so I seriously hope it is on your to-do list as this bug totally defeats the idea of walking on horseback, relaxing, enjoying the scenery. I don't want to have to gallop everytime just to avoid the stutter, its a pain.

This issue is being mentioned all over the internet yet I have not seen any ackowledgement from you which is worrying. If you DO NOT fix this, it will be a HUGE embarrassment to your company since Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim and Assassin's Creed (OLD GAMES) have managed to pull off fluid open world horse walking without ANY stutter.

I will not mention names but there are some very well-known games out there that have serious stuttering problems. We begged for fixes on their forums over and over but the developers kept quiet and never fixed them. PLEASE do not follow their footsteps. I happen to respect your company more than a lot of companies out there so I am expecting you to look into this and look after your fans. Show them and us that you are different!

Please fix it!

Thanks

Last edited:
It also happens on PS4, guys. I've been posting about this a lot of times here in the "tech support" section and in the "PS4" support section. And I'll keep doing it while the patch doesn't come, because I'm afraid of it will not be fixed too.

Bug/ issue?
Stuttering. Screen is frozen every 1 second.

When does it occur?
Whenever you ride on Roach at non galloping speed. I mean, while walking or trotting.

Platform?

PC, PS4 (I don't know on XONE)[/QUOTE]

It's really annoying for anybody who likes taking this game calmly and going through the landscape watching daily life of people, the buildings, the environment, etc. I mean, people who really want to enjoy The Witcher 3 instead of going always running from "A" to "B" and looking for nothing more than quick action. I think that people who really enjoy/ want to enjoy this game, we do like watching things, "tasting" how implemented things are, etc. This game is beautiful.

But unfortunately we can't enjoy 100% yet, because of this annoying stuttering which is killing our game experience no matter we tray to evade this sensation.

I think that people who are always running from "A" to "B" galloping on Roach never figured out this issue, because they never walk on horse or take it calmly. But for the rest of people, I even know gamers who don't ride on Roach because of that, they hate ridding on horse despite Roach is a key implementation for the game.

PLEASE, fix it, PLEASE!!

I can avoid as much as I can other kind of stuttering/ framerate issues, like when it's raining in Novigrad by night and torches are on fire (the fps are terrible when so many particles are shown), simply meditating untill the daylight becomes. But the horse stuttering is impossible to avoid unless I go from "A" to "B" ALWAYS running. The thing is I can't really enjoy this great game because a stupid bug, but really annoying bug.

Last edited:
It's the silence that bothers me the most. This problem is universal to my knowledge and has several threads here, on steam, and elsewhere. Yet no public recognition by RED. Over 1800 views on this thread alone (it'll be 2000 soon) and not a word from the community support team. No other thread with this many views has gone unanswered. The Empty Coop bug is getting close.

I would take the generic "We are aware of this problem and we are working to fix it", or even a "F*ck you, this problem is too difficult to fix and we already have your money". At least then I'd know.

I have not encountered a single one of these issues concerning Roach.

AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-core Processor
Windows 8.1 64-bit Operating System
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
8.00 GB ram

Smoothest horse I've ever experienced in a video game.

Last edited:
I have not encountered a single one of these issues concerning Roach.

AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-core Processor
Windows 8.1 64-bit Operating System
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
8.00 GB ram

Smoothest horse I've ever experienced in a video game.

I would love to see a video of that. I have never seen a smooth walking/trotting animation from roach posted online or otherwise. Though I do know of some people who simply can't or don't see the issue.

Top Bottom