The (Un)Offical HORSE Stutter Thread - Not addressed in 1.05 PC

+
I give up....no words....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]My support ticket:

First of all are at least 1000000 times I answer you that with
[/FONT] gog version changes to ini have no effect!!!!!Are you kidding me????Have you ever seen more videos on youtube or threads on YOUR forum??????

You also do not answer my second question!!!!!THE TERRIBLE ANIMATION STUTTER DURING THE HORSE WALKING WILL BE SOLVED OR NOT?????????

Their answer:

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, although I cannot promise you that the issue will be fixed, we're currently investigating it.

Regards,

Kuba Woźniakowski

I didn't played the game since I saw this horrible stutter... Months after month, I'm losing my faith in CDPR.

Just started playing again yesterday, after waiting two months for the nasty stuttering issues to be fixed. Lo and behold, there are still stuttering issues, just not the ones that drove me away from TW3 in the first place. There's some odd, slight lurching when running/sprinting while on foot. And of course (the topic of this thread), there's the stuttering while trotting along slowly on a horse. Kinda, sorta, definitely hard to miss. It's so bad it almost makes it look the entire game skips a frame when the animation fails to cycle smoothly.

Please seek psychiatric help. Or get back on your meds.

Usual useless answers...a typical conversation with support months after game release...
it is not the first email I send them

On 20 July 2015 at 11:34, en.cdprojektred.com <no_reply@en.cdprojektred.com> wrote:
Product: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Platform: Windows
OS version: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Processor: I7 3770
Amount of RAM: 8 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR3
Graphic card: SLI ZOTAC GTX 970
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Driver update-date: Latest

Product version: 1.06
Boxed or digital: digital
Vendor: GOG
Game code: N/A

User email:
Problem description:
I have been waiting 1.07 patch with hope that the problems were resolved but incredibly was not changed anything. Cinematics are always stuck at 32 fps with much stuttering and the terrible animation stutter during the horse walking is unbelievable...no words.... Several people having the same problems and no answers from you!!!!! Several threads and videos, for example:http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Thread-Not-addressed-in-1-05-PC?goto=newpost http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36654-PC-Cutscene-FPS-drop?goto=newpost I bought a new GTX 970 (350 €!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) only to have the promotion of the witcher gift and I can\'t get a refund!!!! IT\'S MY RIGHT TO HAVE AN ANSWER!!THESE PROBLEMS WILL BE FIX OR NOT???I DEMAND RESPONSE RIGHT NOW​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]----Messaggio originale----
Da: pc_support@cdprojektred.com
Data: 22/07/2015 10.13
A:
Ogg: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Windows - [2015-07-20 11:34]
Hi,

Regarding cinematic stutter I'm not aware of any changes that will be intruduced to this, but you can change it yourself. Please locate the visuals.ini file in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base folder. Open the file with notepad and change MovieFramerate=30 to MovieFramerate=60. Keep in mind that cinematic experience was created for 30 FPS, so changing it may result in some visual glitches.

Regards,

Kuba Woźniakowski

My new answer:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]First of all are at least 1000000 times I answer you that with[/FONT] gog version changes to ini have no effect!!!!!Are you kidding me????Have you ever seen more videos on youtube or threads on YOUR forum??????

You also do not answer my second question!!!!!THE TERRIBLE ANIMATION STUTTER DURING THE HORSE WALKING WILL BE SOLVED OR NOT?????????

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Thread-Not-addressed-in-1-05-PC?goto=newpost

Well, after giving it some thought, it looks like it might be another two months before I actually play TW3 beyond White Orchard. I tend to take my time with single player games, and this horse stuttering business makes it impossible to enjoy doing that.

Last edited:
Does that nit picky stuff really enough to ruin the game for you? If yes, that's a shame.

Its like a scratch on a really nice car. Sure the car still drives well, but you almost don't want to drive it with the scratch.

Many of us are also bothered by the response or lack thereof from RED.

Ok I can see that. But at the same time, ask yourself this - does this issue really warrant 133 replys? Has there ever been a perfect game that had no issues?

Does that nit picky stuff really enough to ruin the game for you? If yes, that's a shame.
You say it's nit picky, but here's the thing; everything related to player character controls and animations are what I would consider to be part of the basics (in this case, horse riding animations as well). When part of the basics aren't working properly, it messes it all up if you have to constantly deal with it. Unlike Skyrim where traveling by horse isn't worthwhile (without mods to improve it, at least), the playable game space in TW3 encourages traveling by horse, being that it is rather large. That, and traveling by horse is actually satisfying, stuttering aside.

But for those of us who would rather take our time traveling to destinations in TW3, we have two options for playing the game in its current state. Either we travel on foot everywhere we go, or use the horse when we feel like it, but no slow trotting. Only fast trotting and sprinting. Having core gameplay options limited due to an eye-straining stutter is no fun, and would absolutely have a negative influence on my opinion and enjoyment of my first play through TW3.

I want it to be thoroughly enjoyable, but that is simply impossible with how things currently are. If (hopefully when, rather) the horse stuttering is fixed, I will then resume playing TW3 after that point. It wouldn't hurt to have slow walk reintroduced into the game as well. Its complete removal is amateur work, which reflects poorly on CDPR.

Last edited:
So the horse stuttering when walking drives me nuts. It's making me not want to start a second playthrough.

I'm almost certain that I never had the stutter before, as I only noticed it when I updated from 1.03 to 1.07 I think it was, and I walk around a lot on Roach (game is just so good looking).

Still no change in 1.08

Ok I can see that. But at the same time, ask yourself this - does this issue really warrant 133 replys? Has there ever been a perfect game that had no issues?

I think that the amount of posts in this thread is the evidence that this issue bothers a lot of people. When you play a game that runs smoothly 99 % of the time at 60 FPS and then you get a stutter every second when you use a horse, to me it is a broken feature. It is something that i can't use because i know it will break my immersion in the game.

I may have trouble relating as I play on Xbox and have not encountered the issue. It's locked at 30fps, so that may be why I can't really see it

---------- Updated at 07:58 AM ----------

Slow walk was removed? Like when Geralt walks? Maybe it's a PC thing, cause it's still there on Xbox

Windows 10 didn't help, clean install of everything (1.07) + patch 1.08 did nothing neither.

It's strange we don't get any word from the devs since they have adressed or at least talked about every other bugs we mentioned until now though. Maybe they are investigating the issue and waiting to be sure something can be done before making a public statement.

Top Bottom