The unfulfilled love between Yennefer and Ciri and an incomplete family

+
Honestly,considering how annoying Blinky is,I won't mind if Yen's plans for her are evil
Agreed.
Yennefer wants political reform - democracy, free elections, parliament...Blinky, as heiress to Nilf throne, is obstacle and must be eliminated...

But Yenn doesn't want to get her hands dirty...So, she devised a vicious plan...Under some excuse, she will send Blinky back through time...

Somewhere in Ebbing, Blinky will fall right into the arms of Yenn's unexpected ally from the past - Stefan Skellen.

Here are my idea for small talk between Yennefer and Ciri

After complete the quest for Yen and Ciri in Norvigad act 3:
-If Geralt go to Ciri's room in Dandelion's inn, he see Yen and Ciri are talking with each other then they notice Geralt
-If Geralt interact with Yen or Ciri, the new cutsene appear. Here the three of them talking with each other, the finish line maybe:

:happy2: I am really happy to see three of us together again, after all that happen. I hope it always remain this way

OR

:happy2: Even if you two are not together anymore. You are always my father, Geralt. *Ciri hug Yen* And i still really want people to call me Cirilla of Vengerberg, daughter of Yennefer

Hope somebody can expand on this, i am suck at dialogue :D

P.S: i hope CDPR will consider and add Ciri-Yen mother-daughter content one day. And i won't mind if they add some Ciri-Triss sister stuff too :whistle:

Last edited:
Not bad.

And maybe a small Dialogue earlier in the Game. After Geralt found Ciri on the island, and they are talking near the fire .
Example:

:happy2:" Glad to see you again . Where is Mother .... ? "
:geraltfeelgood:" Yennefer is in Kaer Morhen and waiting for you "

Last edited:
Any chance of you guys modifying your request to "Mother"?
I'm pretty sure she never calls Geralt "Daddy" or "Pop"

Any chance of you guys modifying your request to "Mother"?
I'm pretty sure she never calls Geralt "Daddy" or "Pop"

As far as I recall Ciri calls Geralt only "Geralt" (or witcher, like in last book). She calls Yenn "Lady Yennefer" or "Mother", but sometimes she calls her "Mummy" ("Mommy"), in "The Lady of the Lake", for example.
But nvm it will be good and lorefriendly to see Ciri asking Geralt about Yenn, mentioned even by name, before asking about Avallac'h.

OK. I think I've worked out why "mom" doesn't feel right. It's because she has an English-English accent, not an American-English accent.

(And what Avin said).

I wouldn't mind if Blinky called Yen just "mother" or "mom". I guess she grew up a bit and any recognition from her side would be... just breathtaking. In the books, Yennefer doesn't call Ciri "daughter" literally. More like my lovely daughter.
Ciri doesn't call Yennefer just "mother" either, or at least not that often. The word she uses more frequently is mamusiu.
When they finally reunite, Ciri calls Yen mamusiu twice in a row. I don't think it should be translated as mother or mom.

It's a much "deeper" diminutive. Well, english is very bad at this, but I suppose "mommy" or "mummy" could do the trick.
Daughter would be just "córka". Yennefer calls Ciri "córeczka" from the very first time. Again, a much sweeter diminutive.
Just like "ugly one" could be my little ugly one, "daughter" could be my little daughter or something similar, e.g. lovely.
This seems to be the Achilles' heel of english. Honestly though, in The Witcher 3, I would kill for "mother" and "daughter".

Book spoilers:

Blood of Elves:

'Mamo...' jęknęła Ciri. 'Mamo... Jak boli! Mamusiu...'

'Jestem przy tobie... córeczko. Trzymaj chustkę. Zaraz wyczaruję lód...'

Lady of the Lake:

'Mamusiu.'
'Córeczko.'

'Ciri, podtrzymaj Yen.'
'Nie potrzeba mnie podtrzymywać!'
Pozwól mi, mamusiu.

So much for my thoughts and emotions. "Mother" and "daughter" at least one time would surely tear up any book reader.

Last edited:
@Dragonbird

We were just discussing this "mummy" thing on Skype. As it reminds me of the movie, I'd rather have "mommy" haha.
But yeah it doesn't really matter. In the books it was so sweet... In the games I wouldn't mind "mother" and "daughter".

I would be okay with anything really. Just a... sign. Perhaps even recognition? That's maybe too far though. Blinky pls.

Last edited:
Okay I posted in another thread I haven't read the books . There is a tangible missing in game the emotion is there but a little more background would have greatly boosted the understanding of this triangle . I get they are family even as much as Ciri having mannerisms of Geralt and Yen . Right now Yen is on the outside looking in but I had interpreted it as a motherly pride because the emotion is on her face .

They do need a moment together Yen and Ciri with Geralt looking in with that fatherly pride . I get it is Geralt's story but these are central characters in his life . It doesn't need to be much just a little more .

Top Bottom