The various factions needed to be deeper

+
There should have been subplots relating to all the different factions in NC. There should have been decisions to help the gangs against the NCPD or help the NCPD against the the gangs. You should be able to get more gang specific GIGs if you do more stuff to help them, perhaps leading to some gangs taking over parts of the city they didn't control before with your help. You should also be able to reject jobs against the gangs you want to work with, maybe even take another gang's jobs and take the prize to the gang you're working with, this of course will probably end future jobs from that gang and fixer you betrayed. Each gang should have had a quest line similar to the Aldecados, and each one can be called on to help you in the end game. You can also work with NCPD as one of the factions that wipe out (or significantly weaken) all the gangs. There should also be a Corpo faction, in that if you work corpo jobs with corpo insiders (maybe have Meredith Stout play this role) then they can help you infiltrate Arasaka in the endgame with Corporate insider help. Maybe even have multiple corpo factions too, Millitech, Arasaka, etc,

We got a whole trailer about the various gangs but in the game they are just copy-paste jobs, you never interact with them in any meaningful way. Had they had questlines for the various facts then even with the current main endings would have still given the player a sense that V's existence and choices mattered, that he changed things and made a difference. As it currently stands only the Panam ending resonates with most players (and most people consider it the "best ending") because the Aldecados were the one group you are able to do this with, and gave players some kind of emotional satisfaction. There really should have done this with all the factions.

There should have been subplots relating to all the different factions in NC. There should have been decisions to help the gangs against the NCPD or help the NCPD against the the gangs. You should be able to get more gang specific GIGs if you do more stuff to help them, perhaps leading to some gangs taking over parts of the city they didn't control before with your help. You should also be able to reject jobs against the gangs you want to work with, maybe even take another gang's jobs and take the prize to the gang you're working with, this of course will probably end future jobs from that gang and fixer you betrayed. Each gang should have had a quest line similar to the Aldecados, and each one can be called on to help you in the end game. You can also work with NCPD as one of the factions that wipe out (or significantly weaken) all the gangs. There should also be a Corpo faction, in that if you work corpo jobs with corpo insiders (maybe have Meredith Stout play this role) then they can help you infiltrate Arasaka in the endgame with Corporate insider help. Maybe even have multiple corpo factions too, Millitech, Arasaka, etc,

We got a whole trailer about the various gangs but in the game they are just copy-paste jobs, you never interact with them in any meaningful way. Had they had questlines for the various facts then even with the current main endings would have still given the player a sense that V's existence and choices mattered, that he changed things and made a difference. As it currently stands only the Panam ending resonates with most players (and most people consider it the "best ending") because the Aldecados were the one group you are able to do this with, and gave players some kind of emotional satisfaction. There really should have done this with all the factions.

Whenever i say that this game is barely 20% of what it could and should be i get called a grifter or something... and yet there are soooo many posts like yours! How about that? I agree by the way...

* Militech
* Trauma Team
* Max-Tac

I think everyone can agree that these things needed more development in the game.
Yeah. TT and Max-Tac especially are introduced to the players early in grand cinematic scenes, only to basically never be seen again.

TT? You stumble upon them here and there, piss them off by walking too close, try to jump on their AV, the AV bugs out and disappears, end of story.

Max Tac? One side-quest (and very well hidden, i must add), plus, you get your ass served to you by them if you get 4 stars. That's it.

At least Militech gets some moments to shine here and there in missions. Not too much, but still better then the other two.

In terms of gameplay, different gangs are actually have different statistics and traits. For example, VDB has highest quickhacking resistance (in general words, RES) and Scavs has lowest. Tyger Claws is (almost) immune to smart weapons, 6th Street's melee fighters are move faster. Others I didn't find yet, but I heard that Animals has higher DEF.

I think the Pacifica dlc, which is found to be under development, may or probably improve the content of the Animals and Scavs.

About Matilda's ending and the results,

The unused gym is obviously belong to animals, there's a NCPD scanner hustle mentioned the Animals gathering in the gym parking lot. Maybe we will meet Mosley, Matilda and/or her subordinates in dlc

Scavs has the most tragic plot position. The member related to the plot only Sergei, Jae-Hyun and Roman, but they're very minor (compare with Nash from the Wraiths). Even a shard introducing the gangs of NC didn't mention them.
But,
the cyberpsycho sighting, Lex Talionis, is about a VDB netrunner Ben DeBaillon, treated a merc as a ranyon but has be fought back. After this Ben hallucinated more and more Scavs and became cyberpsycho
Why is it Scavs, not Animals or others? I think the "merc" may be a Scavs. According to the introduction, the Scavs also do same jobs as mercs, so it's not surprising to help the VDB detect the mall. This person's username is EagleEye Inc, it may be a pseudonym used to hide the identity.
If this person is really a Scav, as a member of the gang with the lowest RES, they can successful fought back the unit with the highest RES among the gang with the highest RES. It shows that they probably a important member and badass. Maybe the leader of netrunning team, or/and a ex-Netwatcher who joined in the Scavs?

Last edited:
Top Bottom