The Vladimír Vilimovský UI Project

+
Anyway, The bestiary has been pretty much done.
Although I'm gonna have to normalise all the entry image sizes. For some reason there is incredible inconsistency in the size of them.

[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for all of this, looks incredible, I love this art style!
How many elements of the UI are working right now? I mean, is the XP bar already 'operational'?
And here's my 1 million dollar question: It is possible to import the animated background from The Witcher 2 inventory and use it in your mod?

Thank you for this mod, keep up the good work :)

:hatsoff:

MonarchX;n10011811 said:
So, since you're working on that mod with the developer, do you also get to use CDPR's development engine in full glory? That will hopefully lead to some epic moddage!

BWGameplays;n10012491 said:
How many elements of the UI are working right now? I mean, is the XP bar already 'operational'? And here's my 1 million dollar question: It is possible to import the animated background from The Witcher 2 inventory and use it in your mod?

Yeah, everything you see in the shots fully works. The XP bar is actually just the vanilla one, with a mask.

I could add an animated background, provided it's in video format. It's what the e3 hud has.

Guest 2364765

MonarchX;n10011811 said:
So, since you're working on that mod with the developer, do you also get to use CDPR's development engine in full glory? That will hopefully lead to some epic moddage!

Where did you even get an impression that is the case?

He's just replicating the images that the developer uploaded to his portfolio page using publicly created (community made) tools.

Lim3zer0;n10014221 said:
It's what the e3 hud has.

Are you talking about the mod or the actual E3 Hud? Because I thought that for the E3 HUD mod it was decided to use a static image for the background.

Anyway, I really hope you can add the animated background in your mod, that would be awesome!
Can't wait for more updates, at this point this is one of my most anticipated mods for the game... Good luck for this incredible project :)
:yes:

Last edited:
Posting an update :)
So everything that was in the original character panel has been updated/replaced.

Bear in mind it's still WIP. Skill icons are going to be replaced and upgraded to 128x128, and the stats indicator ring and tooltip box are coming.
For anybody who would like to help with the mod. I would really appreciate somebody coming up with a layout for the Blood and Wine panel ( with the master mutation ).
The designs i have made so far are not that great, so i could use somebody else's input on it.

BWGameplays;n10053061 said:
Are you talking about the mod or the actual E3 Hud? Because I thought that for the E3 HUD mod it was decided to use a static image for the background.

The e3Hud Mod has a video bkg. At least for every panel other than the inventory. (Because of engine limitations.)

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Is it just UI and game balance? I hope it can be compatible with Ghost Mode, at least UI part.

Looking good!. The concepts feature a more 3D like wolf medallion (also the same for Ciri's cat medallion)..If changing that is in the mod plan's list, would you use a image or a model like the "Witcher 1 style HUD Medallion" mod on Nexus?

Wow it seems I will have a problem to choose between E3 HUD and your mod :)

BTW are you going to recreate also gameplay HUD? Or use this from E3 HUD (IMO good idea) ?

+ Have a small suggestion - could you remove graphics of padlocks from characters menu? Some gameplay mods like FCR3 cause bug - padlocks don't disapear and are always locked. It is a detail but irritaiting a bit.

JUANMAS7ER;n10083101 said:
Looking good!. The concepts feature a more 3D like wolf medallion (also the same for Ciri's cat medallion)..If changing that is in the mod plan's list, would you use a image or a model like the "Witcher 1 style HUD Medallion" mod on Nexus?

I won't be doing HUD elements, at least not until the UI is done.
And if it will be a 3d model... i haven't really considered it.

Pr0eliator;n10090101 said:
Wow it seems I will have a problem to choose between E3 HUD and your mod :)

BTW are you going to recreate also gameplay HUD? Or use this from E3 HUD (IMO good idea) ?

+ Have a small suggestion - could you remove graphics of padlocks from characters menu? Some gameplay mods like FCR3 cause bug - padlocks don't disapear and are always locked. It is a detail but irritaiting a bit.

I'm not going to use e3 hud elements in this mod, they are too different.

Well actually frasdoge the author of FCR3 contacted me recently with that exact bug, asking me how to solve it, and so is fixed for the next version. And so may mean that the next version of FCR3 will have this fixed.

Last edited:
Quests panel is pretty much done:

I will not be following Vladimir's design exactly with this one,

Quests will still be sorted as vanilla which is by type, (main, secondary etc... ) Therefore the tag will be the location.
The icon in the upper right will be replaced with a shot of the general location the quest takes place. Along with the regional banner.

BWGameplays;n10053061 said:
Anyway, I really hope you can add the animated background in your mod, that would be awesome!

I'm deciding not to add an animated background.

Last edited:
BWGameplays;n10108731 said:
Why not? is it making things to messy?

1)If its a video it cannot be used in the inventory panel, nor meditation panel.
2)If it were to be an animated sprite it would take far too long and be insanely difficult to do. It could take as long to make that as the entire rest of the mod, and maybe then some.
3)It would not match the rest of the mod in terms of quality. My aim is to ensure that the mod scales well with monitor resolution. The background from w2 is 720p.
90% of the work you you see here is all vector based, and so looks sharp on both 720p displays and 4K and higher. A video will not do this. Even the current background image is not perfect, but it's much easier to make an image look sharp than a video when scaling up.
4) And finally with panels that have more than a background image. Such as this one I can't separate that image from the background. Therefore these panels will either also not have an animated background, or i have to forgo the foreground image entirely.

For those who want to see: Here is a 5K shot of the character panel, (still WIP) just to demo how the UI looks at higher resolutions.
Obviously there is some web compression.

Last edited:
not to mention animated backgrounds will cause stuttering or freezing on some peoples pcs. Good idea to leave it out.

Top Bottom