The Vladimír Vilimovský UI Project

+
KeeperOTF;n10231382 said:
it was a wild ride, but here they are, all new skill icons: (right half is "my own concept for them haha")

Awesome!!! You are doing an amazing job with the icons! :hatsoff:​​​​​​​
This whole TW2 UI theme is making me crazy XD Can't wait to play Wild Hunt with this incredible mod!
And this is probably just me but I think that some of the new icons lack of color... Like the one with the monster trophy head, you could make the tongue and the blood drops red, and since it's the alchemy tree you could use more green instead of yellow here and there... And I'm sure you noticed but the new skulls don't have the nose XD and they also could use some color like the ones made by Vladimír Vilimovský...
Anyway, keep this up, it's gorgeous :)

BWGameplays yes there are many bugs in this picture it was before I started bug fixing, I am not ashamed to share some heavy wip stuff.

I am fine with my coloring, some changes may come but this will be the final state for now. also symbols and colors always show info about what the skill actually does, so there is some kind of colorcoding.

thanks for feedback! :)

Last edited:

Note:
I am still considering this idea quite a bit, I will not go out of my way to do every location in the world, and will mostly limit myself to big places, such as Novigrad, Oxenfurt, each Skellige Island etc...
If anybody would like to help with this specifically and feels happy writing the entries, because a good deal of knowledge will be needed of all 3 games, and the books for this, then PM me.

Guest 3841499

Looks good! I have not noticed any changes to the actual HUD. Does that mean E3 HUD and this mod can actually work together if "mixed" properly? I assume both E3 HUD and this mod heavily rely on different redswf files, don't they? If the right files are prioritized or lightly edited, then hopefully it would be possible to have both E3 HUD gameplay HUD + this mod's non-HUD UI.

I really hope it is Friendly HUD-friendly, although the latest Friendly HUD uses vanilla 3D markers in it's texture.cache file. They may need changing into E3 HUD or this mod's markers to be fully compatible.

Lim3zer0;n10289662 said:

Note:
I am still considering this idea quite a bit, I will not go out of my way to do every location in the world, and will mostly limit myself to big places, such as Novigrad, Oxenfurt, each Skellige Island etc...
If anybody would like to help with this specifically and feels happy writing the entries, because a good deal of knowledge will be needed of all 3 games, and the books for this, then PM me.

Great work man.. and if you could make it atleast for the big places like you mentioned in your post, that would be fantastic.. but I wanted to asked you, if you would do this, would you try to do this for the regions in the Witcher world? Like Zerrikania, Nilfgaard, Kaedwen, Temeria, etc. like it was in TW2? I really liked how this was handled in TW2, where you can read info about monsters, locations and lore in the Witcher world easy in one place.. in TW3 you need to go find the right book when you want to learn or read something about the lore or locations and it's just such a hassle..I have never understood why they didn't made it like it was in TW2.. easy for newcomers to learn and read about the all the new important stuff to them in one place

Last edited:
MonarchX;n10290442 said:
oes that mean E3 HUD and this mod can actually work together if "mixed" properly? I assume both E3 HUD and this mod heavily rely on different redswf files, don't they? If the right files are prioritized or lightly edited, then hopefully it would be possible to have both E3 HUD gameplay HUD + this mod's non-HUD UI.

Well, if you have the patience and knowledge to go through each mods' swfs and put them into a single mod, and then create the needed scripts for them to work properly then yes.

misho8723;n10290972 said:
but I wanted to asked you, if you would do this, would you try to do this for the regions in the Witcher world? Like Zerrikania, Nilfgaard, Kaedwen, Temeria, etc. like it was in TW2?

Probably not, it's mainly about locations which you visit in-game. Besides i don't have pictures i could use.

Guest 2364765

Well, if you need any high res shots of in-game locations i can easily provide you with as many as you need.

Like such:

Guest 3841499

Lim3zer0;n10292892 said:
Well, if you have the patience and knowledge to go through each mods' swfs and put them into a single mod, and then create the needed scripts for them to work properly then yes.

Probably not, it's mainly about locations which you visit in-game. Besides i don't have pictures i could use.

See, this is where I get confused - why do you need scripts for any of these UI mods? They are just background images, are they not, like interactive Adobe SWF? If they are background images and they function like vanilla ones, then the only difference would be X and Y positions of certain aspects, like skill slots, etc? Do you need to adjust scripts for that to happen? What tool do I need to open and edit SWF files?

BTW, I noticed that FCR3 Mod recently had an addition - a padlock mod that fixes cosmetic interface issue in character development screen where padlocks indicated wrong amount of invested skill points needed to unlock another row of skills. I assume this mod will already include that fix?

MonarchX;n10294782 said:
See, this is where I get confused - why do you need scripts for any of these UI mods? They are just background images, are they not, like interactive Adobe SWF? If they are background images and they function like vanilla ones, then the only difference would be X and Y positions of certain aspects, like skill slots, etc? Do you need to adjust scripts for that to happen? What tool do I need to open and edit SWF files?

Why do i need scripts?
Well... this is why:

A more serious answer:

Scripts (witcher script files, not to be confused with action script files) pretty much go hand in hand with the flash (.redswf) files. For every flash file there is almost always a .ws file to manage it. The exception being very small flash files, such as the loading screens where their only job it to load a single image and the hints, and so it doesn't need one.
For main flash files like the inventory, map, skills etc... they need a .ws file to provide all the necessary information to it, to trigger events based on the user's action and so forth, without that the panel is rendered almost useless.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at this folder in your w3 dir.
content\content0\scripts\game\gui
Everything you see here will in some way control and manage the UI, HUD, the Popups, and more.

MonarchX;n10294782 said:
BTW, I noticed that FCR3 Mod recently had an addition - a padlock mod that fixes cosmetic interface issue in character development screen where padlocks indicated wrong amount of invested skill points needed to unlock another row of skills. I assume this mod will already include that fix?

Well. actually i was the source of that fix for the mod, although frasdoge was credited by the author, doesn't really matter though. The skill icons will not be displayed in my mod, because it doesn't look nice.

skacikpl Thanks for letting me know, main work needs to be done with the entries themselves (.journal files) and the text. Images are not so much an issue.

Last edited:
Hey Lim3zer0

Thanks for letting me know, main work needs to be done with the entries themselves (.journal files) and the text. Images are not so much an issue.

I do not really understand what you mean by the main work are the entries. Is it hard to implement entries because someone needs to know some scripting and has to reference every single text (a very time consuming task)? Or do you mean that the texts have to be written from scratch? Because there are the texts we have in the old games and also some describing texts in the books from Sapkowski. It is not possible to take the texts from the books but it would be possible to write new texts based on them.

I have to say that I really like the style of the Ui, and it's nice that you're implementing the art of Vladimir Vilimovsky. I can wait until it's done. Really nice work!

Thanks Nemo

Nemomallo;n10300372 said:
Hey Lim3zer0
I do not really understand what you mean by the main work are the entries. Is it hard to implement entries because someone needs to know some scripting and has to reference every single text (a very time consuming task)? Or do you mean that the texts have to be written from scratch? Because there are the texts we have in the old games and also some describing texts in the books from Sapkowski. It is not possible to take the texts from the books but it would be possible to write new texts based on them.

Adding the entries (.journal files) is not hard, it just is time consuming (and boring) as they have to be made one by one, with each a set of localized keys and each an image. However the main work will be actually writing the text. Of course I use the previous games and the books as a reference but it is still gonna be a lot of work.

Last edited:
Is this about locations? If yes, then you can use the books in the game, or the location descriptions in the map or you use the Witcher wikia page

Guest 3841499

Will any of FriendlyHUD features make it into your mod? My favorite function in FriendlyHUD is disabling names above NPC's, objects, etc. making exploration clear of all that text without having to completely disable HUD. Has any attempt to contact WGhost about possible compatibility version of FriendlyHUD for this mod been made?

Looks great... rather extensive - especially the Gewint changes - but if it works, it would be really something. Not quite sure about the inventory change, though, since item lists can be tedious to use, especially with the large number of items in the game.

Top Bottom