The Vladimír Vilimovský UI Project

+
Due to water damage i have not been able to do much.
but wanted to share the evolution of the world map i have been doing

V1

V2

V3 [In Game W/ New Compass]

Last edited:
Every little bit you show up looks amazing! Keep it up guys!
Have you started working on the HUD itself yet? I ask because I don't recall any screens about that :unsure:

Every little bit you show up looks amazing! Keep it up guys!
Have you started working on the HUD itself yet? I ask because I don't recall any screens about that :unsure:

I have some early concepts, but it will probably be implemented at last. until this point we use tw2 hud like vladimirs concept.

Amazing work! Congratulations to both the original artist and to you guys implementing this. Is the original artist and you guys working toguether btw?

I had a few gripes with TW2 UI, but i got to say this is superior to anything we got in TW3 vanilla. So atmospheric and immersive!

Note:
I am still considering this idea quite a bit, I will not go out of my way to do every location in the world, and will mostly limit myself to big places, such as Novigrad, Oxenfurt, each Skellige Island etc...
If anybody would like to help with this specifically and feels happy writing the entries, because a good deal of knowledge will be needed of all 3 games, and the books for this, then PM me.

A suggestion/request: any chance of doing this with herbs too? If i remeber correctly either TW1 and 2 had it(or both?). Definetly not a priority but would be nice to have on the long run.

so just wanted to let you know, that indeed I am busy irl and that's also th reason for not so frequent updates, but we are still working on it. here have a look at the wip map icons

Another sugestion/request: Any chance of having a special Vivaldi Bank icon?

PS: I actually have a long list of nitpicks and feedbacks, that include a lot of stuff regarding the vanilla UI, i dont know if this mod already adresses some of them, but it would be great of if does: https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/485624149155621614/ . Just in case your are interested in looking into it. Cheers

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

I'm not asking for ETA, but given that TW3 modding pretty much died or slowed down to a crawl with nothing interesting (aside from this mod) in the pipeline, are you actually planning on releasing this?

I'm not asking for ETA, but given that TW3 modding pretty much died or slowed down to a crawl with nothing interesting (aside from this mod) in the pipeline, are you actually planning on releasing this?

Yes.

I know I haven't posted much progress in recent months, but life gets in the way, I would have liked to have already released this but I have other commitments, and modding takes a backseat.

This mod is so huge already, we change almost every icon, symbol or other graphic element. implementing all this takes time.

Menu images
also credit to @KamehamehaNudel

About Mod progress:
So as most people will have realized development of this mod slowed down significantly, which was due to stuff happening in my life that meant i simply did not have the time i wanted to work on this, as i said i wanted to have already released it, (ideally given the situation by the end of last year), however that didn't happen.

Good news is that I am now able to work on this again and development is now speeding up.

It look's Fuc@@@@@ Amazing. My god you're kicking CDPR ass when it comes to the designed of the concept UI and HUD.

It look's Fuc@@@@@ Amazing. My god you're kicking CDPR ass when it comes to the designed of the concept UI and HUD.

we are definitely not kicking cdprs ass, since the design is from one of their employees and we simply recreate it step by step.

sure we fill gaps and change stuff to our liking, but still don't think that some modders like us are more skilled than actual game developers who do this for a a living.

pls don't trash talk cdpr or simply take the effort and read the context provided on the first page of this thread.

we are definitely not kicking cdprs ass, since the design is from one of their employees and we simply recreate it step by step.

sure we fill gaps and change stuff to our liking, but still don't think that some modders like us are more skilled than actual game developers who do this for a a living.

pls don't trash talk cdpr or simply take the effort and read the context provided on the first page of this thread.

Im not trashing CDPR, what i was trying to say is that in terms of desgine your are putting more efford than CDPR to make the menu more appealing, Should have say it that way.

Im not trashing CDPR, what i was trying to say is that in terms of desgine your are putting more efford than CDPR to make the menu more appealing, Should have say it that way.

what you want to say is, you prefere our take on it.

cdpr obviously did put a massive amount of effort into designing an appealing ui, otherwise there wouldn't have been about 4 different versions during the development of the game.

Guest 3841499

Is this going to be compatible with that 60fps mod or be designed for 60fps?

Top Bottom