The Wasteland... areas beyond the city

+

My corp sees no reason to step outside the city. Funny thing is, neither do I. No sand dune hopping for me, no roaming in ruins and talking to mutants and selling bottle caps and exploring empty post apocalyptic structures...and well shit this is starting to seem familiar. What could it be?

*cue Sard. :)

My corp sees no reason to step outside the city. Funny thing is, neither do I. No sand dune hopping for me, no roaming in ruins and talking to mutants and selling bottle caps and exploring empty post apocalyptic structures...and well shit this is starting to seem familiar. What could it be?

*cue Sard. :)

Um.... the wastelands of Cyberpunk 2020 bear little resemblance to the wastelands of Fallout, The only places you are likely to see blasted out buildings are Colorado Springs where the Rock hit and Manhattan where Colombians detonated a nuke. Chicago was abandoned after a bioplague, but the structures there are for the most part sound... with any damage caused by rioting.

The small towns that once littered the rural landscape are for the most part abandoned, save for the ones directly off highways at major corporate refueling stations.

There definitely aren't mutants of any sort, and bottlecaps are as worthless out there as they are in the city.

As for why your corp would venture outside the city... Nomad farmers and harvesters are some of the only Non-Agricorp people in America with access to fresh produce. They are also the ones you need if you want to reliably smuggle pretty much anything to anywhere. Someone steal something from your company, like valuable secrets or the latest top secret tech from your R&D dept.... if they go on the run, nomads can find them. Want to make sure your corporate cargo transports don't get hit and you lose your shipments. Better be willing to pay off the nomads to make sure those shipping lanes stay clear.

Very few corporations can exist solely within the city, and even fewer that can actually make a substantial profit.

Wasteland doesn't have to mean desert. Although, I would expect 99.99% of all fertile land to be owned and used by Agricorps by '77.

Pretty much this... though I wouldn't mind seeing nomads tending a hidden farm somewhere.. desperately trying to hide from both corporations and raiders.

Top Bottom