The way you obtain quests changes

+
I think you should change how one get some quests in CP, it's sort of like you are running around with an auto detection/accepting system that just accept, whatever issues people around you might have, without you as player even being aware of it.

I think this video (I cut out the piece) from a streamer shows quite good, what I mean and why it is sort of confusing and immersion breaking.

As you can see, he is not even aware that this is an quest to begin with, as he just run pass it. It would work much better, if the cops actually knocked on your door or catched you outside the apartment, or simply called you on your phone, telling you that they wanted to speak to you about your neighbor, rather than you just automatically picking it up as if you ought to be concerned about it.

I think a lot more details could go into quest designing in regards to certain quests, like how should the player be made aware of them and in what context is this relevant. Because as it is now a lot of these random quests, sort of work like you just selecting them from a list and accept them without any particular entry to them. Obviously this is simply done by you being close to them even if you visually have no clue that they are there, you either just get the quest or you get a phone call out of blue pretty much telling you how lucky it is that you just happen to be at the exact location of where they have a job. :)

Some of the grievances people have with the constant phone calls would be solved if the player just had to go to the fixers to take jobs. I mean, it makes more sense that YOU want to take a job. And even when you get so famous that the fixers want you specifically they should still call you to discuss in person instead of giving you the job over the phone.

And if you happen to complete a job unknowingly the fixers should acknowledge that. And if the job has a fail condition it shouldn't activate until the player takes it.

Some of the grievances people have with the constant phone calls would be solved if the player just had to go to the fixers to take jobs. I mean, it makes more sense that YOU want to take a job. And even when you get so famous that the fixers want you specifically they should still call you to discuss in person instead of giving you the job over the phone.

And if you happen to complete a job unknowingly the fixers should acknowledge that. And if the job has a fail condition it shouldn't activate until the player takes it.
Agree, also V have a computer in the apartment, which is not really used a lot anyway. So could make a Merc job bank there as well.

Could be a similar one or posters at Afterlife, police station, even some of the corporations could have job agents. People on the street, which might be "upcoming" fixers, could give jobs. Bars could also be a good place, given that nothing goes on in them now anyway. There are lots of immersive ways of V getting jobs as I see it. Even the gangs could give you jobs, if you didn't piss them off to much, or as part of internal struggles etc.

Don't get me started with that computer. It's 2077 and I can't even see on the internet which store has what and order stuff from them. They could even sneak in a side quest or two involving scammers and whatnot. It's mind boggling how mis/underused some of the things in this game are.

Top Bottom