THE WEAPONS INVENTORY UI IS Terrible!!! Here is my solution.

+
Here is an edit I've done of how easily this could have been improved many times over.

WeapobUI04.jpg

I have no idea how this is what ended up in the game. I don't know if anyone else is as annoyed as I am every time you want to compare and equip weapons. The weapons inventory UI has so much extra space but the UI designers have chosen to only fit 12 weapons there at any time and outright block your view Whenever you hover over one weapon to see stats. Then if you move your cursor the "stats viewer" jumps around further blocking your view of other weapons.

You've give the weapons their own UI page but somehow still managed make it this hard to work with.

This is not even a bug, just basic UI design that anyone could have fixed. The stats viewer could have moved to the side and to a fixed space instead of jumping around all the time and blocking your view, and there could be room for at least 24 weapons on the same space without having to constantly scroll.

Last edited:
Yeah, your mockup looks a lot better.

I think the devs didn't really have time to iterate on the functionality of the UI. Hopefully it'll get looked at in future patches.

Yeah, your mockup looks a lot better.

I think the devs didn't really have time to iterate on the functionality of the UI. Hopefully it'll get looked at in future patches.
I agree. What's in the game looks like the first draft that didn't have time to get approved and just ended up in the game.

Here is an edit I've done of how easily this could have been improved many times over.

View attachment 11089271

I have no idea how this is what ended up in the game. I don't know if anyone else is as annoyed as I am every time you want to compare and equip weapons. The weapons inventory UI has so much extra space but the UI designers have chosen to only fit 12 weapons there at any time and outright block your view Whenever you hover over one weapon to see stats. Then if you move your cursor the "stats viewer" jumps around further blocking your view of other weapons.

You've give the weapons their own UI page but somehow still managed make it this hard to work with.

This is not even a bug, just basic UI design that anyone could have fixed. The stats viewer could have moved to the side and to a fixed space instead of jumping around all the time and blocking your view, and there could be room for at least 24 weapons on the same space without having to constantly scroll.
This is a great idea, additionally instead of showing every weapon how about a dropdown to show only one type at a time (or All). This way you can more easily compare your active weapon with any potential replacements (I don't care if a shotgun is better than my pistol, I only care if I have a better pistol). I know you can sort by Type but you still end up with a busy screen (nit-picky I know).

Definitely 100% +rep from me. Your mockup is exactly what I thought could be done. The existing UI becomes such a pain when disassembling weapons or sorting weapons later into the game when you start to get into more serious combats.

This is a great idea, additionally instead of showing every weapon how about a dropdown to show only one type at a time (or All). This way you can more easily compare your active weapon with any potential replacements (I don't care if a shotgun is better than my pistol, I only care if I have a better pistol). I know you can sort by Type but you still end up with a busy screen (nit-picky I know).

Yes. This too. I can think of many different ways that are tried and tested. Currently This just looks really frustrating the way it covers half of the 12 weapons and it constantly jumps around making it a pain to see the weapons themselves.
Post automatically merged:

Definitely 100% +rep from me. Your mockup is exactly what I thought could be done. The existing UI becomes such a pain when disassembling weapons or sorting weapons later into the game when you start to get into more serious combats.

Let's not forget how the page does a refresh by blacking out all the items then rearranging their placement for no reason every time you sell or disassemble something and making you lose track of what you've clicked on. I really don't want to claim that I could do a better job arranging these than a UI design team in CDPR but I'm amazed at how no one there felt uncomfortable using the inventory. There could have been one overall page for everything next to the character equip graphic for both equipment and cyber-wear instead of several different pages and menus.

Last edited:
It's worth noting that the current system works for various pages, like trade page where you have the full screen filled. So in those cases, you can't do what OP has done as there is no room for it.

Maybe the devs did consider this, but resorted to a system that works for all pages, rather than have optimised ones for certain pages.

It's worth noting that the current system works for various pages, like trade page where you have the full screen filled. So in those cases, you can't do what OP has done as there is no room for it.

Maybe the devs did consider this, but resorted to a system that works for all pages, rather than have optimised ones for certain pages.

I get what you are saying but that just means they chose lazy consistency over user friendly customized interface right?
The end point of UI is to make it as fun and friendly for the user as much as possible, and either way the market UI and all aren't the best UI either in my opinion. No negativity, love the game but just not the interfaces in question.

Yeah, I agree it's not the best outcome for the user, and it should be improved. Hopefully devs will look into it later. They did an upgrade of the UI for Witcher 3 as well in later patches.

Yeah, I agree it's not the best outcome for the user, and it should be improved. Hopefully devs will look into it later. They did an upgrade of the UI for Witcher 3 as well in later patches.

Yes I remember. The thing is the inventory UI was a lot worse in Witcher 2 as well and they fixed those issues in even the initial Witcher 3. So it's really interesting that UI in Cyberpunk has gone back to being convoluted and hard to look at. I can only assume there have been new people in charge with not much time on their hands.

Yeah The UI Needs a lot of work but they did lot of changes with witcher 3 UI so im not worried about that

Last edited:

Really like your idea, had a similar thing in mind -

Also a seperate button for the sorting direction, to not have all dropdown entries double
Edit2.jpg

Top Bottom