🎉The Welcome Thread

+
This
Hello,

this is a bug report for Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt NextGen Update Version 4.00 Hotfix2.

As you can tell from the screenshots the place of power is below the surface.

Best regards
You need to have completed the quest with Keira Metz called Magic Lamp until the end (where you pass the green fire statue puzzle to unlock that final door in order to acquire the place of power. If you missed that for whatever reason then you are unable to acquire this place of power or the lamp.

Hey there, check out this great video walkthrough :) (it is pretty short and to the point):

I will try to contact support but I didn't find the classification of buying the wrong keg issue in the link.
There is not always exactly right category, so just pick something with "Contact us" button that seems to be somewhat close to your issue. Under accounts and payments, for example.

Hey everyone :) I have a quality-of-life suggestion if you're interested in it :)

I am not seeing any posts about this on the forums so I would like to add it here I guess?

We have a Quick Access shortcut to Meditate with X. The Y button is not in use. Could we potentially add a shortcut to the Oils and Potions menu? The new access to bombs is great though! Thank you so much!

You tried in the "hot topics" section ?
If yes (I assume it's the case, according to the "1 of 10" pages of thread displayed on your screenshot), no one is able to create a thread on this section (except admins/moderators obviously). So choose a category to create your own thread, like Gameplay/Suggestion/Technical/Community/...
Thanks! that was the issue!

I bought witcher 3 on the first day of release, which was only available on origin (later I found out gog existed) and recently bought it back on steam, just to have it there.

Same with cyberpunk, and I was always a fan of gwent :)

Greetings from Argentina ♥ (I miss the closed beta gwent so much! it was very simple and funnier)

Hi I purchased Cyberpunk on Steam and cannot play the game.

When press play in Steam it opens REDLauncher and then when I click play in the launcher it crashes. It just says Whoa Cyberpunk has flatlined.

The attached txt file is from the crash report.

I have tried re-downloading the game, restarting the PC and a couple of other things I found online but nothing works.

Can anyone help?

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.4506101 P4CL: 5661751 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x7FFCA23F7200.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

"uptimeSeconds":0
"stopThreadID":21436
"exceptionCode":0xC0000005
"processID":21396
"Engine/CommitFailedErrorCode@1#TID=0":"0"
"Configuration/Name@2#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Configuration/Name2@3#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Game/Patch@7#TID=0":"1.61"
"Engine/OOM@4#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/IO/CurrentAsyncOp@114#TID=2768":"D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\shader_final.cache"
"GlobalMode/IsClosing@5#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsGame@80#TID=0":"true"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxLatentJobs@8#TID=0":"131072"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxCriticalPathJobs@9#TID=0":"65536"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxImmediateJobs@10#TID=0":"2048"
"Jobs/InitParam/WorkerThreadStackSizeKB@11#TID=0":"1024"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxThreads@12#TID=0":"27"
"Jobs/InitParam/AllJobsCriticalPath@14#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/UseJobDebugger@13#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/NumDispatcherThreads@15#TID=0":"23"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/MaxHWConcurrency@16#TID=0":"24"
"Engine/InitParams/InteropStartingPort@81#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/InitParams/RenderPreset@82#TID=0":"1"
"Engine/InitParams/QualityLevelName@83#TID=0":"None"
"Engine/InitParams/TextureQualityLevelName@84#TID=0":"High"
"Engine/InitParams/WatchdogTimeoutSecondsOverride@85#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/InitParams/ScriptsSilentCompilation@86#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ScriptsSilentValidation@87#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/TweakDBSilentValidation@88#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/PvdDumpToFile@89#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ProfilerEnabled@90#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ShowVersionWatermark@91#TID=0":"true"
"Engine/InitParams/WindowCaption@92#TID=0":""
"Engine/PC/SystemName@93#TID=0":"Windows 11 Home"
"Engine/PC/SystemVersion@94#TID=0":"10.0.22621"
"Engine/SafeInit@112#TID=0":"AsyncMaterialCompiler"
"Engine/IsHeadless@96#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/VersionWatermark@95#TID=0":"3.0.4506101 P4CL: 5661751 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release Jan 19 2023 13:54:57 (FINAL) Total memory: 19585867776 bytes "
"Engine/Scripts/PrimaryBlobModifiedDate@103#TID=0":"133201216211971872"
"Engine/Scripts/FallbackBlobModifiedDate@104#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/Scripts/BlobPathUsed@105#TID=0":"Loaded"
"Engine/Scripts/ShouldCompileScripts@102#TID=0":"true"
"Engine/Scripts/Loaded@106#TID=0":"true"
"##CrashDump##/DumpCrashDataSeconds":"0"

[Edited -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I purchased Cyberpunk on Steam and cannot play the game.

When press play in Steam it opens REDLauncher and then when I click play in the launcher it crashes. It just says Whoa Cyberpunk has flatlined.

The attached txt file is from the crash report.

I have tried re-downloading the game, restarting the PC and a couple of other things I found online but nothing works.

Can anyone help?
Not sure, but try to clean install your drivers :
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
And if it doesn't work, contact directly the support (after being sure that you tried all the steps on the page).
> "contact us" button (Include crash report and Dxdiag if possible).

A quick reminder to all that we don't permit direct downloads on the forums. If you want to share files, you'll need to use a file hosting program (like Pastebin) and post a link to the external DL page.

Hello, I just signed in hoping to make a thread about some gameplay issues, but I don't have any privileges. What do I need?

Hello, I just signed in hoping to make a thread about some gameplay issues, but I don't have any privileges. What do I need?
Hello, @Balinux !

Welcome! You can make a post here, and flag any of the moderation team with a mention (like I've done to your name above.) We'll move it to a thread of its own.

Hi,
Not sure if this merits a new topic, so...
In Witcher 3, picked up the notice from the board which should start the 'wannabe' quest. Teleported to Lindenvale, and instead of nothing happening or talking to elderman, I see a town full of dead bodies, wraiths, ruined houses, etc.
What gives?

Hi,
Not sure if this merits a new topic, so...
In Witcher 3, picked up the notice from the board which should start the 'wannabe' quest. Teleported to Lindenvale, and instead of nothing happening or talking to elderman, I see a town full of dead bodies, wraiths, ruined houses, etc.
What gives?
You must have accidentally gone to a different village; LIndenvale always has its people, houses, etc. It never becomes a ghost town or ruined.

Hello. I am playing Witcher 3 for a long time. I usually do not complain about things in the game, but the recent updates has caused an issue which is getting worse by the day. It has to do with Geralt. When I have him run then stop, or sometimes he just pulls his sword and swings it, which makes it impossible to do anything until he is done, and makes everyone around him scream and run, but most annoying is many times for no reason he pulls his sword swings it around doing at least 5 times he does a complete circle and all of the time swinging his sword, and no one around to fight. I can not stop him from doing it and it takes maybe 10 to 15 seconds, I have had Geralt take a lot of damage when he does it with beast or men around, Is there some way I can stop Geralt from doing this?

Top Bottom