the wild hunt 1 row posse

+
the wild hunt 1 row posse

a terrible idea! has anyone else noticed that the wild hunt only appears on the melee row? i find this to be problematic. it would be interesting if they were spread around the rows, like in an actual battle. maybe the warriors stay on melee, the riders move to ranged, nithral moves to siege, eredin moves to ranged, keep caranthir on the melee row but kick imerith to the siege! there are no gold cards that cause rain and add points to the siege row. every row except the siege row gets love from the monster deck, what's up w/ that!? but seriously moving around the wild hunt would be a God send no? or at lease add a different way to play. something else that might help would be to make nithral an 8 so he's not so easily killed. idk. thoughts? the siege row, i've noticed, is becoming a place where more than a few people play all their cards. and since aard doesn't counter siege row, we need something else/new.
or make nithral gold and siege and spawning siege badassness! or something, anything, too easy to use aard against or igni. and most are easily taken out by a good swipe (lacerate, side note: consider name change) or two.
thoughts please.

or w/e weather affects the row they're on. or if they're going to remain, allow them to be immune to frost AND fog so only igni would affect them. the whole 1 row and aard makes them a useless strategy, coming from a guy whose tried it.

I mean they are the Wild Hunt so it makes sense for them to be on the Frost lane.
Maybe force them to stay on the melee lane and not be pushed by Aard?

Buffing Nithral doesnt sound good, guy is allready fine. Unless yeah, hes changed to gold. Trouble is, making him gold with his current stats and ability might make him OP. On WH positioning - i guess it wasnt that big of a deal before Geralt:aard was introduced. That card simply obliterates the deck, more often then not using your own weather. As a WH player - id say change wording from "immune to frost" to "immune to weather" like Sara and were good)
However after a little consideration, WH is not the only victim. People stack the siege row because its better to take 18 damge lacerate, then get your board cleared by aard. Idea behind the card is cool, but at the moment its so broken it basicly defines viable decks. A possible way to tone it down would be reworking the 1 damage thing, so that damage is applied before the unit is affected by weather. Then he would akin to Caranthir or Woodland spirit, where you get a turn to react before your entire row is wiped.
Buut.... i got carried away. There is no "suggestions" section on this forum, and i guess preciesely because of people like me.

TheWalkingHawking;n7516790 said:
I guess i failed my sarcasm attempt.
but you made me laugh reading that! aaaaahhhh, the joys of reading words, not being able to hear tone, inflection, etc, just what i need in life!
isnadtochiev;n7526960 said:
People stack the siege row because its better to take 18 damge lacerate, then get your board cleared by aard. Idea behind the card is cool, but at the moment its so broken it basicly defines viable decks. A possible way to tone it down would be reworking the 1 damage thing, so that damage is applied before the unit is affected by weather.
lol i've written about this same stuff
Tamacountry13;n7513980 said:
I mean they are the Wild Hunt so it makes sense for them to be on the Frost lane. Maybe force them to stay on the melee lane and not be pushed by Aard?
i haven't read the books nor played the games yet but think of an actual hunt back in the day, you have dogs you have men on the ground, men on horses, they're not all leading the charge, as it were.
Buffing Nithral doesnt sound good, guy is allready fine. Unless yeah, hes changed to gold.
i like it! put him on the siege row and add cause rain. the other golds spawn stupid one and two STR cards, big deal. make someone use d-shacks to get rid of him. change imerith to any row, that's my new suggestion. it would be nice for the people who like to stack the siege lane as has been touched on here and elsewhere.
change wording from "immune to frost" to "immune to weather" like Sara
i think you're onto something!

As it was already said though - dealing 1 damage before pushing units into the weather would be pointless, because the weather would set units' STR to 1 anyway, completely negating the -1. The card would need to get reworked then.

KasumiGoto;n7534150 said:
As it was already said though - dealing 1 damage before pushing units into the weather would be pointless, because the weather would set units' STR to 1 anyway, completely negating the -1. The card would need to get reworked then.

Changing the rows of entire non-gold units on a row is already a very valuable and tactical move, but applying damage after changing the row makes it way more powerful due to weather combo. Making it deal the damage first would nullify that issue while retaining the tactical value of Aard. Throwing an entire row into weather is already a good move...also killing them...it is too much.

Also there are cards which die upon row removal (Foglets out of fog), cards which lose their bonuses when their rows change (Ice Giant, Ancient Foglet), cards which benefit from damage and yes there is weather-play. There is much value in the card already without the overpowered weather+Aard combo. If we deal the damage first, weather + Aard will still be powerful...just not an imbalanced row-wipe giving opponent some chance to recover from combo.

Top Bottom