The wild hunt has arrived in russia

+
The wild hunt has arrived in russia

... or the end of the world is near:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL90rB-i7uw[/media]

A meteorite today hit the russian city Chelyabinsk, people were hurt due to the shockwave of the impact, but apparently there were no fatalities.

Daring PR-Stunt. Well played, CDPR, well played.

By the way, any other country's media quite hysterical about protection from meteorites now? I'm mildly annoyed by it. If I was even afraid of the off-chance of a metorite hitting me, I'd better not participate in traffic or use my kitchen.

Hysterical?! We all need to move under ground immediately!! I need at least 500 meters of solid rock above my head until I can breathe easy

:D

M4xw0lf said:
Hysterical?! We all need to move under ground immediately!! I need at least 500 meters of solid rock above my head until I can breathe easy

:D

Somehow I'm not surprised by that suggestion coming from YOU, Vault Boy!

Aaden said:
By the way, any other country's media quite hysterical about protection from meteorites now? I'm mildly annoyed by it. If I was even afraid of the off-chance of a metorite hitting me, I'd better not participate in traffic or use my kitchen.

Stay out of the kitchen - you may get infected by horsemeat!

Good thread title, by the way. I wandered in to see if this needed to be moved over to the main discussion forum :)/>
But some of the videos have been amazing. The thing that has amazed me most though is that so many of the drivers DIDN'T lose control when this appeared in the sky in front of them.

Aver

Forum veteran
The best thing is that when I was checking this morning Google News, I see news:
"NASA: There is no chance that meteorite will hit the earth"
and news below:
"Meteorite hit in the Russia"

Screw you NASA. I won't trust you ever again.

Guest 2091327

Wow, that's awesome. One hell of an impact too. Would love to see something like that.

Loved how the guys in the background was laughing and cheering too. That's the reaction you want :)

Aver

Forum veteran
Sirnaq said:
Eh you know that over 500 people were injured? Im not sure if it's laughing matter.

Nothing serious tho. Only scratches and cuts from broken glass etc.

Aver said:
Nothing serious tho. Only scratches and cuts from broken glass etc.
I heard reports that some childeren lost eyes with this broken glass. 5 people has critical injuries. Not to mention there is -18 celcius in Chelyabinsk. Imagine sleeping in that temperature with broken glass.

Sirnaq said:
Eh you know that over 500 people were injured? Im not sure if it's laughing matter.

I noted the serious background in the Spoiler, this thread was of course not intended to make fun of the victims' situation.

Aver said:
The best thing is that when I was checking this morning Google News, I see news:
"NASA: There is no chance that meteorite will hit the earth"
and news below:
"Meteorite hit in the Russia"

Screw you NASA. I won't trust you ever again.
The flyby asteroid we knew about has nothing to do with this meteorite. They were headed in completely different directions and were completely unrelated. It was just a coincidence.

The title is absolutely amazing.

However, the video was pretty intimidating. Incredible how easy it is for nature to completely wipe us out. I doubt that any trace of us would even be left if a big ass comet hit. Insane. Glad it didn't hit in the centre of, say, Paris :|

Top Bottom