The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
I'd love to see a remake of the Witcher 1 with improved graphics and gameplay. I tried a few times to play The Witcher 1, but I gave up very quickly everytime, because the game aged so poorly and I just couldn't enjoy it.

Witcher 2 is still nice and doesn't really need a remake at this point though.

I was glad to see the opening cutscene of TW1 be remade on TW3, but I'd love to see its story unravel in TW3's engine. TW1 didn't age well at all, but I feel like TW2 aged quite well, it still looks and plays rather impressively.

TheIronSultan;n10842571 said:
I was glad to see the opening cutscene of TW1 be remade on TW3, but I'd love to see its story unravel in TW3's engine. TW1 didn't age well at all, but I feel like TW2 aged quite well, it still looks and plays rather impressively.

Ya I'd pay $100 for a W1 rebuild in RedEngine 3. As you said, W2 is still very good - I love W2 as it is, great graphics, great story. My 2nd favorite game. :D

I love all the games, and I like them the way they are. More than a remake, the possibility to play them all in PS3 o PS4.

E3 is approaching, so what do you think the other project CDPR is working on consist of? And how likely do you guys think it is for it to be a TW1 remake?

Bonhartthewitcher;n10950251 said:
E3 is approaching, so what do you think the other project CDPR is working on consist of? And how likely do you guys think it is for it to be a TW1 remake?

tumblr_nd31mtICH11rp1voro4_250.gif
[/SPOILER]

Bonhartthewitcher;n10950251 said:

Let me answer that for you... I would never say it will never happen but it is highly unlikely. It may or may not happen in the future (and it probably wont happen at all) but it definitely wont happen at E3.

I for one would love to see the trilogy properly remastered like many others, all in the same engine maybe as a one continuous game. But as far as I can tell CDPR doesn't give a damn about that.

They wont bother with it regardless of if it would sell well or not and modders can't do it because they never released the proper modding tools THEY THEMSELVES PROMISED.

They could rebuild, expand and greatly improve the first game relatively easily as between Witcher 2 and 3 with all their DLC's and expansions they pretty much have most of what they would need already, they are not remaking it from the ground up. It would take some time and manpower but they could outsource some if not most or all of it. (many many other companies have done so in the past)

Only thing that would separate Witcher 1 with 2 and 3 would be the voices. As Triss, Shani, Dandelion, Lambert and Zoltan have different voice actors in the first game but rest of the voice actors are the same between all three games or at least not as important. Not to mention those characters could be rerecorded (as some of them do not even have many lines of dialogue in the first game, for example Lambert). Voices bit is not really that important or high in the list as I would buy and play it either way but it would be a nice addition.

Lastly it would be a great to show they care. The first game is what put them on the map.

As someone who only found the franchise in witcher 3 I sorely regret not having 1 and 2 at the time they came out. I have no doubt i would love the story based on how great 3 was but going backwards seems too difficult for me gameplay wise. A remake would help to cover this and i would definitely buy 1 and 2 remade on xbox for the achievements and story.

On the flip side though, is a remaster of both games OR a new witcher world game was to be completed (not geralt sure but there are other witcher schools) i would support the new game first. Keeping the ball rolling off the success of witcher 3 would be more important and a remaster can wait a few more years and just be better when it is eventually done :)

Witcher 2 Remake would be really nice, but I think, the game looks not bad and its visuals are still good enough for playing it and having fun.

to be honest the Witcher 1 is good but i believe that the second and third game, especially the third game is really much more important than the first game. We already have kaer morhen remaked in the third game. More than anything else. We already have the swamps remaked in the third game. The badits. Nowigrad is the better city. Witcher 1 just feels really clunky and combat , books , herbs everything is really painful to play these days. They had to improve that. We have a remaked radovid. Foltest was remade in the second game. We have more kings in the second game. Many enemies were remaked in the third game. Only enemy i believe was a ghoul or some very strange biest , i can't remeber its name but the other ones we had them all so no need for a remake. To be honest i believe you don't even need to play the first game anymore. But the calm atmosphere can be a plus, so in once every 5 or 10 years 1 playthrough is enough.

with fast traveling the game wouldn't be so long and no horse is a miss xD If i would do a remake then with a package Witcher 1+2 in a bundle and many extra episodes but in retrospective to the story of the third game not contradicting anything.

with fast traveling the game wouldn't be so long and no horse is a miss xD

It's true Geralt can't be whole without Roach. But the first game takes place mainly in and around Vizima. The area should be much larger to use a horse. But it's true in TW1 sometimes I felt I'm just running back and forth. But I don't feel TW1 should be shorter!

Witcher 2 still holds up. W1 could use a remake, but I want CDPR to move forward. I'd rather have a sequel to Witcher games. New lands, new characters and so on... Maybe meet Francesca (and my boi Iorveth again), visit Elven lands.

Top Bottom