The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
Witcher 2 still holds up. W1 could use a remake, but I want CDPR to move forward. I'd rather have a sequel to Witcher games. New lands, new characters and so on... Maybe meet Francesca (and my boi Iorveth again), visit Elven lands.

As much as I'd love a remake, I agree... let's see elves, let's see dwaves, let's see sorceresses... at this point, I'd really want to see a completely new game with a custom protagonist.

As much as I'd love a remake, I agree... let's see elves, let's see dwaves, let's see sorceresses... at this point, I'd really want to see a completely new game with a custom protagonist.
Yes! and please more RPG elements (like Social skills, more Dialog options, Attributes, Perks, different Weapons etc)

Yes! and please more RPG elements (like Social skills, more Dialog options, Attributes, Perks, different Weapons etc)
Bad idea when it comes to pre-defined protagonists. Making Geralt a retard, for example, doesn't make any sense.

A remake of 1+2 would be weally weally nice!
WITCHER WINNER GOTY 2015 INTERESTING IS WHAT INTERESTING DOES 001 SOFT STAMPED copy 50%.png

I'd like to have a remake of W1&2 but by another studio (ex: Bluepoint Games) so CDPR stays busy making new incredible games. Maybe CDPR can give this studio all the assets from the three previous witcher games and maybe even RedEngine4 to facilitate their development. That would be the way to go.

Last edited:
Well!
Many people can disagree with me, but I think that what's done in the past, it should stay that way so we can see all the progress throughout the journey. I think focusing on The Witcher 4 would be more desirable. I'm still playing The Witcher 3 and honestly don't know if I want another version of the game - cause it could be a bad failure.

I'm not a fan of remakes either though I'm not fully against it. Still, I'd rather would like to see a new dlc for TW3 (which seems very unlikely) and/or focusing on The Witcher 4 as said in previous post.

Maybe have "The Witcher" and "The Witcher 2" remade (or partially remade) as DLC on the Witcher 3 engine? I'd pay for that DLC.
Past that, tempting as it sounds, no. Break new ground.

They may haven't time to remake those. I expect CDPR to prepare to develop other franchises after success of CP77

I think W2 is great as-is, but W1 would be fantastic as a remake in W3's engine. I'd pay a full $60 for it, too.

What why is "remastered for only ps4 and xbox" winning? I play on the PC don't leave us pc players out. Witcher 1 pc needs a remake. The witcher 1 feels kinda klunky compared to 2 and 3, that games does need a refresh, like the same level as Resident evil 2 quality reboot.

Witcher 2 to me seems to still hold up pretty well, I don't think it needs a remake.

What why is "remastered for only ps4 and xbox" winning? I play on the PC don't leave us pc players out. Witcher 1 pc needs a remake. The witcher 1 feels kinda klunky compared to 2 and 3, that games does need a refresh, like the same level as Resident evil 2 quality reboot.

Most of the time remakes are console only due to their release version generally being drastically inferior compared to PC when it comes to texture quality, environmental IQ, etc. In this case though if W1 were re-made / re-mastered it would need a full engine migration to RedEngine 3 for all platforms. I agree completely with you though - W2 is honestly fine as-is - there are some really cool mods that wouldn't work with a RedEngine3 migration so I'd like it to stay as-is, but W1 would be awesome remastered. Either way, all platforms are absolutely needed.

And like I mentioned in an earlier post, this type of thing wouldn't require some HUGE development team - the games are already developed and have stories / dialogue / decision trees built. It's basically just a migration, map building off of existing maps, asset importing / enhancement. I would like to see Triss's lines re-recorded though with the Witcher 2 / Witcher 3 voice actress and if CDPR didn't mind spending the cash, would love to have Geralt's lines re-recorded also with W2 / W3 emotion levels as his delivery was really stiff in W1.

Top Bottom