The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
Witcher 3 isn't even out yet, they wouldn't consider anything like that at present. Modders might want to bring the other 2 games over to RE2 or RE3 though.

In my opinion, maybe sometime after Cyberpunk 2077, if W3 is a financial success and CDPR think that this would be something worth spending resources on. But all in all, I'm not expecting a remake anytime soon.

I don't see this happening. Not a remake on Red engine 3. Maybe, just maybe it is possible that they will make both games for new consoles and sell it in some bundle. Someone asked that on twitter of facebook (I can't find it, it is a few days ago) and the answer was no such plans for now.

And by the way I wouldn't like to see Witcher 1 on the new engine. It is gorgeous as it is and the atmosphere was all gone in Witcher 2.

REDengine 3 is just an update from REDengine 2, it's unlikely to make sense for them to remake TW2 in it. I also doubt if they'll remake TW1, but that's their decision in the future on the financial viability. I'd have considered it unlikely to happen for a long time, if ever.

From the point of view of business strategyy, it would be stupid to do a remake of those games...
I mean, the new potential public is very reduced. It would do much more sense to do new games, not complete (and expensive) updates of previous games...

I doubt it. The Witcher 2's graphics are near to the graphics of The Witcher 3, no sense do a remake. The game looks very nice in present.

The remake of The Witcher 1 would be more logic cause his graphic look, but I don't really think that CD Projekt do a remake. They should focus in new IPs and next games, and for the modders it's a very very very hard work do a remake.

There were a few attempts on recreating atleast some parts of TW1 in RedKit, with TW3 RedKit however a W1 remake might not be that hard if Wizima with it's outskirts will be already in the game.

Well, it would be quite nice to have both The Witcher, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on RED Engine 3, at least to bring the looks, features and game mechanics together, but I don't see it happening officially that much in near future (The Witcher 3 is still yet-to-be-relased game).

It would be a nice official addon, but it would be more possible that someone makes a mod like that in future.

Does CDPR consider remaking the previous Witcher games using the new engine? (REDengine 3)

What's the point ?

All the time and effort put into remaking a game from the ground up could be used to make a new Witcher game,
one in which the story and locations aren't reheated and one we can be excited about.

When companies start making/selling remakes, they often lost their touch to create worthy successors.
I don't think that's the case with CDPR.

While i would like to see an HD remake bundle for the PS5 and the Xbox Zero, that's probably not going to happen and might be a waste of time and resources. I hope there's some modders who have the time and talent to port W1 and W2 over to the RE3 though.

I would rather see them finishing that "Dol-Blathanna" chapter from the Witcher 2. Remember, the one that was cut out from the final game due to financial issues? And i would gladly pay for this chapter between 15-20$, as it will be (sort of) an expansion pack.

I would love to have all 3 TWs on Playstation along with the first 2 Gothics HD remastered .... oh ....sweet dreams!

TW2 - no point, close enough to TW3 already
But for TW1 I could definitely see modders doing this, they could use the old sound files for the dialogue, and they could probably ignore some of the sidequests without people getting up in arms about it.

If Kaer Morhen is indeed in TW3 which I guess is more or less confirmed, then the scenery for the prologue is already in place. The could even remake the game in a gradual process this way, one chapter at a time, with the Kaer Morhen prologue as an indicator for whether there is enough interest from the community, and as a demonstration of their capability, so as to encourage donations. I know I would pay good money for a TW1 remake using the REDengine 3

Top Bottom