The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
This idea is financially not viable. Only if some supermodders can do that with modding tools, but I doubt that even such project is possible.

How about nooo? Unless they remaster them for the Current Gen Consoles, then I'm all for it. But there will be people who will not appreciate this.

This idea is financially not viable. Only if some supermodders can do that with modding tools, but I doubt that even such project is possible.

'i'm playing witcher 1 modded (still as bad as bugged like the vanilla)

assassins of kings is a huge improvement over the first but if compared with the success of skyrim and it's gameplay and graphics witcher 2 is outdated

assassins of kings is a huge improvement over the first but if compared with the success of skyrim and it's gameplay and graphics witcher 2 is outdated

Are you comparing W2 vs ultra modded skyrim? Cuz vanilla W2 is 5x better graphically than vanilla Skyrim

How about nooo? Unless they remaster them for the Current Gen Consoles, then I'm all for it. But there will be people who will not appreciate this.
But thats exactly what i tought. but not a remaster, a remake, witcher 1 & 2 with Witcher 3 Graphics

Last edited:

Do you want my honest opinion?

I don't know what you're playing but I haven't seen many bugs in TW1 EE. Cannot even remember any besides hiccups in voice over.

TW2 was improvement in graphics and production quality but huge disappointment in the certain aspects of gameplay design and especially interface. The story was not as interesting as in TW1. As a game for me TW1 > TW2.

Graphics and gameplay is much better in TW2 than in Skyrim. Skyrim was extremely boring, uninspiring and buggy game when I played it: flickering textures, monsters suddenly teleporting to the sky, items in the buildings jingling all the time and flying around for no reason by themselves all the time. Skyrim is a piece of shit, no matter how you mod it. Like no matter how much sugar you put in shit it's still shit. The best Elder Scrolls game was Morrowind. Skyrim's commercial success is only due to the marketing budget that was bigger than the budget of all Witcher games combined. And I don't want to start a flame war over it. It's my opinion and it will stay.

Thus far, they've been pretty clear they have no intention of remastering Witcher 1 or Witcher 2 for next-gen consoles.

That said, it wouldn't be hard for them to remaster Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings, as it wouldn't require any updates to the graphics. And remaking Witcher 1 in a new game engine is a popular fan choice for "The Witcher 4." I say "remake" because, unlike Witcher 2, it would be impossible for them to release Witcher 1 on next-gen consoles with its current engine. It would have to be remade as a full $60 game.

Last edited:
Do you want my honest opinion?

I don't know what you're playing but I haven't seen many bugs in TW1 EE. Cannot even remember any besides hiccups in voice over.

TW2 was improvement in graphics and production quality but huge disappointment in the certain aspects of gameplay design and especially interface. The story was not as interesting as in TW1. As a game for me TW1 > TW2.

Graphics and gameplay is much better in TW2 than in Skyrim. Skyrim was extremely boring, uninspiring and buggy game when I played it: flickering textures, monsters suddenly teleporting to the sky, items in the buildings jingling all the time and flying around for no reason by themselves all the time. Skyrim is a piece of shit, no matter how you mod it. Like no matter how much sugar you put in shit it's still shit. The best Elder Scrolls game was Morrowind. Skyrim's commercial success is only due to the marketing budget that was bigger than the budget of all Witcher games combined. And I don't want to start a flame war over it. It's my opinion and it will stay.
I strongly disagree about Skyrim but here is not the place to discuss it. I'd be happy to privately if you'd like my thoughts on it as I feell both Oblivion and Skyrim are miles better than Morrowind.

---------- Updated at 10:21 PM ----------

Thus far, they've been pretty clear they have no intention of remastering Witcher 1 or Witcher 2 for next-gen consoles.

That said, it wouldn't be hard for them to remaster Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings, as it wouldn't require any updates to the graphics. And remaking Witcher 1 in a new game engine is a popular fan choice for "The Witcher 4." I say "remake" because, unlike Witcher 2, it would be impossible for them to release Witcher 1 on next-gen consoles with its current engine. It would have to be remade as a full $60 game.
Which is why it won't happen. They tried that once and didn't think it worked right and scrapped it so they won't try it again it would be way too costly for little benefit.

Cyberpunk 2077 is their next major project, so it ain't gonna happen any time soon. Your only hope is the modding community.

Remaking the witcher 1 as a witcher 3 mod will be an immense project that will require modelers in order to import some of the witcher 1 enemies like the striga, and the plants, it will require the creation of a huge region about the size of velen, the creation of new side quests and witcher contracts, importing sound from the witcher 1 and much more. A project like this will take more then a year of work for a team of moders. i have a feeling that a team of moders will try to create it even as a challenge (the phrasing this project can be done is a huge incentive to try and do it).

Haven't played morrowind but so i cant comment about it, but i think that if you disregard the graphic difference a moded oblivion is way better then a moded skyrim. The cities look better, the characters have nice chatter, the terrain is different and the shift is seamless. skyrim's story is a boring modification of oblivion's story, the resemblance is striking there. if your talking about mods add deadly reflex 5 and unnecessary violence and see how the combat should have been made for skyrim.

With the W2 RedKit you could import models from TW1, I think, so getting the models shouldn't be too difficult to get the models if the new RedKit is similar in this regard.

The games run perfectly well on modern PCs and, dare I say, Witcher 2 even looks better in certain aspects than Witcher 3 - not the facial animations, though. Those are horrendous in Witcher 2.

I am enjoying both games without remaster. It is a) not needed to play the game b) wasting resources that studio could put into development of other game c) with red editor out there might be attempts to recreate these games in TW3.

Surely, a remake could be fun but I've already played both games and therefore I'd prefer new stories.

INHO, I believe there was not a huge leap on graphics upgrade from TW2 to TW3. On the other hand, the difference both in graphics and gameplay in TW1, compared to its successors, is enormous. The game (TW1) is nearly 10 years old. Still, I find it too soon for a remake. Besides, if CDPR can't handle a remake whilst creating TW4 (whitch will take around 5-7 years, I think), I would prefer they march forward, though I woul appreciate to play TW1 with the graph engine used in this masterpiece called The Witcher 3.

Which is why it won't happen. They tried that once and didn't think it worked right and scrapped it so they won't try it again it would be way too costly for little benefit.
What do you mean they tried it before? They tried porting the original Witcher 1 to Xbox360 and PS3, but that fell through for other reasons. As far as I am aware, they've never tried remaking The Witcher 1 from the ground up in a new game engine.

Top Bottom