The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
A port of at least the second game to the consoles would make sense, it already has a controller friendly user interface, and it is not very dated visually. I guess with the popularity of TW3, there would be enough demand for the prequel on the PS4 to make the port profitable.

A port of at least the second game to the consoles would make sense, it already has a controller friendly user interface, and it is not very dated visually. I guess with the popularity of TW3, there would be enough demand for the prequel on the PS4 to make the port profitable.

It depends on what you call makes sense. Effort wise it's far from trivial to rewrite the engine in another API. On the other hand running existing game on said console using some other methods (either using another compatible OS or some translation layers) reduces the effort significantly and actually can make sense in such case. Except companies like MS and Sony don't like it, since it reduces their exclusivity control. I.e. they'd rather put a tax on developers requiring them to do more work than to allow more games ported to their platforms with relative ease.

while i would prefer an EE for W3, would love to play W1 & 2, maybe made in one single game ? am sure am not the only one who didnt experience them

The Witcher 2 in its current form is still an extremely competent game. I suggest you play it as soon as you get the chance. :)

One can only dream, but it would be majorly cool if CD Project would some day release the trilogy as some kind of remastered next gen bundle like Uncharted trilogy for ps4.
:smile:

The Witcher 1 and 2 don't need much of a PC to run nowadays. So if not now, then at least in a couple of years most of you will be able to play the games easily.

And I do recommend playing them and of course reading the books as well. They are all fantastic. :)

@Mindfreak191 that's a great idea, to my mind every element of the story can lead to a new story. In, for example ' Rise of The White Wolf'', you can see the whole specter of possibilities, the presentation and the creation of the new, yet unseen magical places such as Brokilon Forest, Tir na Lia, Tir na Bea Arraine or the various places of the Nilfgaardian Empire such as the City of the Golden Tower etc. I have also noticed that players like Iorweth's character so we can have another amazing protagonist, I bet many would like to take part in commanding the Scoia'tael guerrilla squad. James Bond is still popular after so many years, why wouldn't Geralt be?
The Witcher 3 - A Matter of Life and Death by astoralexander found on pinerest View attachment 50601 https://www.pinterest.com/pin/392305817522423332/

Attachments

• a_matter_of_life_and_death_by_astoralexander-da54v7kw.jpg
    a_matter_of_life_and_death_by_astoralexander-da54v7kw.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 73
I think that a TW1 and TW2 remake would be marvelous. Ideally, I would like to see TW1, TW2, and TW3 all released, remade, in around seven years (When they all look like garbage), right before TW4 is [hopefully] released. That way, they would all have the same graphics, and the visuals would be nearly seamless. That would be amazing.

i think the first two games are good as they are, we already played them and know the story, the devs want to move on and do something new (cyberpunk) then let them start it, a remake of something we already have and know i don't find it so attractive,
i rather that they make a new expansion for tw3 or a witcher 4 sequel if they are to make something related to geralt.

Reverse engineering of the original engine for TW1 is already in progress (project Xoreos). However I doubt such thing for TW2 is going to happen - it's way too complex. Full remake of either game is even less feasible. Who is going to do it?

Last edited:
Re-mastered/Hi-definition Releases of Witcher 1 & 2

So it was recently announced (http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/12/11916276/skyrim-ps4-xbox-one-bethesda-e3-2016) that Bethesda is going to be releasing a remastered version of Skyrim for the PS4 and XBOX One in the fall. It will boast improved graphics and mod support for the consoles.

Is there any chance that CDPR will do something similar with the Witcher franchise? I would personally love to see a re-release of the first and second games using the Wild Hunt game engine. They were master works in their day but their graphics, particularly the character models in the first game and arguably even the second, haven't aged well.

I'm surprised we still haven't seen a full blown modding kit (like RedKit). I'd love to see see someone remake TW1 on this engine (TW2 would be nice too, but I still think TW2 holds up well enough at this point). What's nice is that we also got tons of TW1 characters in TW3, so there are less player models you have to worry about creating.

Of course an official remake would be great too, but I don't think CDPR wants to spend the resources on that at this point. In any sense, you have a decent amount of the models, you can extract the audio, just need someone to create the worlds and put together the quests and such (not that I have any idea how much effort that would take).

Its completely up to developers(who doesnt have time and resorses for that right now) or moddelers(who doesnt have normal toolkit for that task) to do so. So i highly doubt it will be released any time soon.

What we have released so far (the modkit), is the only set of tools for W3 that will be available. We have no plans to release anything else. Hope this clears things up.

With the latest news regarding the witcher 3 RedKit, the possibility to recreate the witcher 1 as a witcher 3 mod is none existent until fan made tools will be available.
The problem with the witcher 2 redkit is that it misses a lot of characters/enemies/models.

With the latest news regarding the witcher 3 RedKit, the possibility to recreate the witcher 1 as a witcher 3 mod is none existent until fan made tools will be available.
The problem with the witcher 2 redkit is that it misses a lot of characters/enemies/models.

If some fans want to do it from scratch, why not recreate it using available engines like Unreal instead of waiting forever for CDPR? They clearly don't care now about enabling such things with their own engine. Though I'd assume effort of such recreation is very high either way, so I doubt it will ever happen unless you'll for example fund it through crowdfunding, while CDPR will give a green light to it.

Top Bottom